Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Rockets Pound U.S. Bases In Iraq Following Hezbollah-Israeli Escalation

Profile picture for user Tyler Durden
Tue, 07/28/2020 - 21:15

Submitted by SouthFront,

On July 27, fighting broke out between Israeli forces and Hezbollah along the Israeli-Lebanese contact line. This became the heaviest open confrontation between the sides in about a year. The incident occurred in an area known as Chebaa Farms, which was occupied by Israel in the 1967 Middle East war.

Israeli shelling started at around 3:30 p.m. local time which lasted for about an hour and a half. The Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) claimed that they had repelled an infiltration attempt by a Hezbollah unit and there were no casualties among IDF forces. The exchange of fire came as the IDF was on heightened alert for a possible attack by Hezbollah, after an Israeli airstrike in Syria killed a Hezbollah member earlier in July.

In a televised address, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned Hezbollah that it is “playing with fire,” and stated that “Hezbollah and Lebanon bear full responsibility for this incident and any attack from Lebanese territory against Israel.”

In its own turn, pro-Hezbollah sources claimed that Hezbollah targeted a vehicle and a battle tank of the IDF with anti-tank guided missiles.

Hezbollah itself described Israeli claims about the outcome of the clashes as fake and aimed to boost the morale of Israeli forces by fabricating fictitious victories. It also rejected reports about strikes on IDF targets.

“The answer to the martyrdom of [our] brother, Ali Kamel Mohsen, in the vicinity of Damascus airport has not been given yet. Zionist occupiers must still wait for that answer and their punishment at the hands of the resistance forces,” Hezbollah said.

A few hours after the incident on the Lebanese-Israeli contact line, rockets struck US-operated military bases in Iraq. The strike on Camp Speicher, located near Tikrit, caused a large explosion on the site. At the same time, at least three rockets targeted another US-operated military base – Camp Taji, located near Baghdad. According to local media, one rocket hit an Iraqi helicopter while another landed in an artillery weapon depot. The third rocket landed in the area of the 2nd Air Force Squadron but did not explode.

Local sources claim that the strikes came in response to a drone strike on the al-Saqer military camp, south of Baghdad, on July 26. This camp is operated by the Popular Mobilization Units. This branch of the Iraqi Armed Forces is often described by Washington and mainstream media as Iranian proxies and even terrorists.

Even if the incidents in Iraq and the Lebanese-Israeli border were not linked, they serve as strong evidence of the escalating tensions in the Middle East. Despite the defeat of ISIS and the relative de-escalation of the conflict in Syria, the region still remains in a permanent state of escalation. However, now, the source of these tensions is the developing conflict between the Israeli-US bloc and Iranian-led forces.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/rockets-pound-us-bases-iraq-following-hezbollah-israeli-escalation

• Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hotcurl said:

I say .... Go old school ........Send in the A-10's + F-16's .... Napalm Hezbollah back to the 'promised land".  

Semper Fi :salute:

RV there yet ? :pirateship:

We landed in a real hot of the jungle during the Panama conflict. A10’s lined both sides of the runway, from end to end. . They were loaded for bear.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

LINK

The official outcome of Baghdad bomb

1596014563208.jpeg

29th July, 2020

Security Media Cell have declared the official results of Al-Bab Al-Sharqi Explosion in the center of Baghdad.

In a Statement received by Shafaq news agency, the Security Media Cell said “a bomb busted in a Kia bus next to Al-Kilani fuel station, causing 5 injured and material damages”.

A security resource told Shafaq news agency that the victims were transported to near hospital.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

21 hours ago, Butifldrm said:

:twothumbs: Welcome BACK, Butifldrm, AND ALL The Very Best!!! :tiphat:

Here is an ESTEEMED commentator on THEE "matter":

Amir is SUPER Excited!!!

AND, of course, with You, Butifldrm, back, it is ONE HAPPY DAY!!!

YYYEEEAAAHHH BBBAAABBBYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

The Blue Turban King hasn't entered into Foix yet.

Quatrain 9:73
The Blue Turban King entered into Foix,
And he will reign less than an evolution of Saturn:
The White Turban King Byzantium heart banished,
Sun, Mars and Mercury near Aquarius.

Quatrain 8:77
The antichrist very soon annihilates the three,
Twenty-seven years his war will last:
The unbelievers dead, captive, exiled,
With blood, human bodies, water and red hail covering the earth.

Quatrain 6:24
Mars and the scepter will be found conjoined
Under Cancer calamitous war:
Shortly afterwards a new King will be anointed,
One who for a long time will pacify the earth.

Edited by Theseus
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

LINK

Targeting a camp near Baghdad with two Katyushas

1596455333278.jpg

3rd August, 2020

A security source told Shafaq News agency on Monday that a camp near Baghdad was targeting with two Katyusha.

The source said, "Unknown persons launched two Katyusha rockets on camp Taji," 

He added that the two rockets did not explode during their fall and were found near the camp Taji.

Camp Taji, in addition to other military bases that include American soldiers, as well as the Washington embassy in Baghdad, had been the target of repeated attacks for months.

Washington accuses the Hezbollah Brigades and other Iranian backed groups close to Iran of being behind the attacks.

• Thanks 2

Blacken the skies with Drones . . . so it's in the shade they catch hell; Big Deal - Done is Done ( yeah, I know; Terrorism is still Big Business and Russia/China still want to fan the fires of Hate ). 

An All out aerial Blitz of Aircraft & Drones; with an overwhelming and Terrifying display of utter devastation the likes of which would send the message loud and clear. 

Peace Through Superior Firepower, With Absolute and Extreme Prejudice to ALL Our Enemies, Massive Retaliation.

Taken from Shakespeares' Julius Caesar Act 3 Scene 1. Working Mark Antony's statement upon Caesar's death to a more Modern time; Italy mentioned could be substituted for a nation(s) affected by Hezbollah. Substitute Caesar's spirit for the multitudes who have died by Hezbollah and the message is clear.

Domestic fury and fierce civil strife
Shall cumber all the parts of Italy.
280Blood and destruction shall be so in use,
And dreadful objects so familiar,
That mothers shall but smile when they behold
Their infants quartered with the hands of war,
All pity choked with custom of fell deeds,
285And Caesar’s spirit, ranging for revenge,
With Ate by his side come hot from hell,
Shall in these confines with a monarch’s voice
Cry “Havoc!” and let slip the dogs of war,
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
290With carrion men, groaning for burial.
  • Thanks 2

LINK

Once Again, Targeting The Green Zone And Seizing 7 Katyusha Rockets

391f90c2f53e3c722705628b7849cb6f.jpg

5th August, 2020

Air defenses at the American embassy in Baghdad on Tuesday evening responded to a missile that was probably Katyusha.

Sources said that the American "Sea Ram" missile defense system responded to the missile attack on the embassy in the Green Zone.

In turn, the Iraqi army announced the finding of seven Katyusha rockets with platforms directed towards the Green Zone, central Baghdad.

No one has yet claimed responsibility for the missile launch.

After the missile attacks, the American forces withdrew from 7 military sites and bases throughout Iraq over the past months, in the context of relocation.

############

Seven missiles not fired due to technical problem    LINK

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I don't understand why Trump is not bringing down the hammer on these attacks on the US Embassy and our military.. He needs to give Iraq an ultimatum.. Protect us and our embassy Immediately or we will do the job and you may not like it!! Putting our Troops in harms way over and over until someone is killed is ridiculous and dumb!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, GregHi said:

I don't understand why Trump is not bringing down the hammer on these attacks on the US Embassy and our military.. He needs to give Iraq an ultimatum.. Protect us and our embassy Immediately or we will do the job and you may not like it!! Putting our Troops in harms way over and over until someone is killed is ridiculous and dumb!

He doesn’t care about anything right now except getting re-elected. Put COVID on the back burner for months. He doesn’t care. It’s all about him. Sorry bash away. There is a lot he isn’t doing, but SHOULD be doing. My favorite line from him the other day when asked about the deaths in the US because of Covid. His response... “It is what it is.” Seriously????  🤦🏻

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

Hey Jango.. I didn’t really mean to make my post sound political, it’s just that even though I never served, I have the upmost respect, admiration and appreciation for our military, and anytime I see them in harms way repeatedly and we aren’t doing a damn thing about it to protect them, it pisses me off!! To all here at DV that Have served,, Thank you!!  Rant over!!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GregHi said:

Hey Jango.. I didn’t really mean to make my post sound political, it’s just that even though I never served, I have the upmost respect, admiration and appreciation for our military, and anytime I see them in harms way repeatedly and we aren’t doing a damn thing about it to protect them, it pisses me off!! To all here at DV that Have served,, Thank you!!  Rant over!!

I will respectfully disagree with your statement about Trump not doing anything to protect our soldiers...this is a pretty good piece of protection equipment. the American "Sea Ram" missile defense system responded to the missile attack on the embassy in the Green Zone.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, GregHi said:

I feel you. I usually never respond to much on here but everyday I see things just like everyone else and it blows me away what he could be doing but not doing it. 

• Upvote 1