Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Military post cremation question

My Father , Frank C. Wilde passed on May 31, 2020 after a long illness. He proudly served 24 years in the Airforce and served in Korea and Vietnam conflicts and then

another 24+ years civil service telecommunications. Hopefully I got that right POP. He never talked about those wars. He retired out at Lackland Airforce Base here in San

Antonio in the 70's and then on to civil service. He was a great Father and provider.  My question is he was cremated as per his wishes and wanted his ashes to be spread out around 

the comm center where he worked. Does anyone have any knowledge of how and if this could be possible? Who I might reach out to at the base to see if this has ever been done?

I want to honor him as requested and full fill his wishes. Thought Fathers day would be nice or his birthday next month. My dream was to see this investment come through and do 

some traveling with Pop. It's been difficult without him and I/we miss him everyday. 

I have great honor and respect for our military members and know someone out there would know how to go about this. God Bless you all! :salute:

I added a picture of my POP from the 60's in Wichita Falls Tx. when he was a drill sergeant. God he loved the service. Hope it was ok to post.

POP on the 60's wichita falls tx.jpg

• Like 7

I do not know the answer to your question but hopefully someone on the board can help you out.  

Your father sounds like like a great man and a patriot who served his country well. I have the utmost respect for people who serve our country and swear to protect it.  It takes a special person to serve that long.  My sincere condolences for your loss Wildeman.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

If I were you, I would start by calling the Lackland AFB Chaplain. He would probably know how to make your request a reality and if he doesn't, he probably has the horsepower to find out who does. Hope this helps. Be sure to get military honors for your Dad. Sounds like a great "standup" guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

@wildeman

So sorry to hear of your dad passing. Sounds like a good guy and committed to a life of service, you were blessed to have such a quality dad and my utmost respect to him for his service.

In regards to his wishes, I think the easiest step you can make is to contact the comm center where he worked, explain to them his wishes, and ask them how to proceed to fulfill those wishes. It sounds like that place meant a lot to him and I bet the people he worked with loved him greatly.

At the very least, they will say no, but I am thinking they may make an exception for him. Only way to know is to reach out to them and see if it is even possible. I hope you can get things worked out and my very best wishes to you!

Thanks also for sharing your dad's history with us...America could use more men like him who honestly care about their country.

Edited by Jim1cor13
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, wildeman said:

Thank you Jim1cor13. I will look into that.

My deepest sympathies for the loss of your father, wildeman.  He sounded like a man of impeccable honor.  If it were me, I would probably start at the base Judge Advocate Generals office as they would certainly know the legalities of your request.  And like, fr8dawg mentioned, the Chaplain is always a good start, as well.  All my best.

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Jim1cor13 said:

@wildeman

So sorry to hear of your dad passing. Sounds like a good guy and committed to a life of service, you were blessed to have such a quality dad and my utmost respect to him for his service.

In regards to his wishes, I think the easiest step you can make is to contact the comm center where he worked, explain to them his wishes, and ask them how to proceed to fulfill those wishes. It sounds like that place meant a lot to him and I bet the people he worked with loved him greatly.

At the very least, they will say no, but I am thinking they may make an exception for him. Only way to know is to reach out to them and see if it is even possible. I hope you can get things worked out and my very best wishes to you!

Thanks also for sharing your dad's history with us...America could use more men like him who honestly care about their country.

Hello Jim...Good to read you (as usual)

Hope all is fine with you and yours

Best

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...