Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Peshmerga Official Says ‘Close to Sign a Deal with Baghdad’

6ly410

Peshmerga Official Says ‘Close to Sign a Deal with Baghdad’

Basnews English   2020/07/06 - 12:56  Kurdistan http://www.basnews.com/en/babat/616723#.XwL1z-xg9Rg.twitter

ERBIL — The Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) and the federal government of Iraq are close to reach a deal on several prolonged disputes, said a Kurdish Peshmerga official.

A high-level delegation from the Peshmerga ministry visited Baghdad last week where they reached “an initial agreement” with counterparts from Iraq’s defense ministry.

The negotiations, which have been ongoing for months, are mainly focusing on the disputed Kurdish areas, budget and financial dues, and war against terrorism.

Bakir Faqe, head of Peshmerga ministry’s media department, told BasNews that they are close to finalize a deal with Baghdad and the signing ceremony would likely happen during the next Iraqi delegation’s visits to Erbil.

BasNews has learned that a delegation from Iraqi defense ministry will visit Erbil next week to continue, and possibly finalize, the negotiations

Edited by 6ly410
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 7

Does next week mean this week, I get confused with the translation at times; more than that I really want it to mean THIS week. We wait and see, and that’s why I’m so great full to the U.S. army for helping me learn to hurry up and wait... and wait... and wait... and wait. Ya all don’t worry cause when actions happen, all that waiting seams so insignificant; adrenaline baby!!!! 
LET GO!!!!

Get er done

RV baby, make my day!!!!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

LINK

Kurdish lawmaker: A comprehensive agreement with Baghdad and a forthcoming visit to the region's delegation is near

7/6/2020 18:54:35

The Kurdistan Democratic Party’s bloc, Diyar Barwari, revealed that close to reaching a comprehensive agreement between Baghdad and Erbil to resolve the outstanding issues, announcing that a high-ranking Kurdish delegation had arrived to resolve it with Mustafa Al-Kazemi’s government. "Despite the economic, health and security challenges that target the country, overcoming them at this time requires a national effort, the consolidation of political forces, and the support of the government in accomplishing its current tasks. 

The file of the problems existing between the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government is one of the most important The internal challenges that must be faced with the same patriotism and a true vision based on the constitution represented by Article (۱۱۰) and (4) and the applicable laws.

Deputy Berwari pointed out that "what we observe in Mustafa Al-Kazemi, the Prime Minister and his team, is the intention to clarify these problems, especially in what deals with the issue of the proportion and entitlement of the region to the federal budget and the region's obligations with the federal government and the corresponding seriousness and insistence by Mr. Masroor Barzani The president of the regional council of ministers in dealing with all thorny issues with the same affirmative to solve them, stressing that the prime minister of the region has become a symbol of government reform in the region and the provision of services worthy of the citizen.

"After the successful visit of Mr. Nechirvan Barzani, the president of the region, we expect a delegation from the region’s government to arrive in Baghdad during these days to start the final talks and reach an agreement between the two governments. We call on the delegations and the two prime ministers to work to reach an agreement and close this file. Who has become a commodity in the hands of some of the political process teenagers and the media trumpets who use it to win some votes and impose policies of a hostile character in nature." He pointed out that "pressure aimed at the abdication of the territories from their constitutional entitlements is a blow to the federal federal system and targeting the other local administrations in order to compel them to the central approach in the administration, which suffers from the negative results of all citizens of the country, especially in the rest of the provinces outside the region."

The MP warned Berwari said , "We encourage and support the every effort to calm the political and peace - building and community citizens who are waiting for service from their leaders bear responsibility in alleviating their suffering and justice Alٳjtmaaیh and equality for all parents of the homeland".
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 8

58 minutes ago, 6ly410 said:

eshmerga Official Says ‘Close to Sign a Deal with Baghdad’

Basnews English   2020/07/06 - 12:56  Kurdistan http://www.basnews.com/en/babat/616723#.XwL1z-xg9Rg.twitter

ERBIL — The Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) and the federal government of Iraq are close to reach a deal on several prolonged disputes, said a Kurdish Peshmerga official.

A high-level delegatio

Thanks for your posts 6ly.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

. "Despite the economic, health and security challenges that target the country, overcoming them at this time requires a national effort, the consolidation of political forces, and the support system" rel="">support of the government in accomplishing its current tasks. 

Stay focused boys.

26 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

The MP warned Berwari said , "We encourage and support system" rel="">support the every effort to calm the political and peace - building and community citizens who are waiting for service from their leaders bear responsibility in alleviating their suffering and justice Alٳjtmaaیh and equality for all parents of the homeland"

After 17 years of war and mayhem they are just now saying this. Ok, whatever, get it done crooks

Thanks Thugs

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Upvote 2

LINK

Erbil: Our discussions continue with Baghdad until an "agreement" is reached

image.jpeg.2bc2b1460874315838350a01bf9ab213.jpeg

6th July, 2020

Deputy Prime Minister of the Kurdistan region, Qubad Talabani, confirmed on Monday that Erbil's discussions are continuing with the central government in the capital, Baghdad, until an agreement is reached.

The media office of the Deputy Prime Minister of Kurdistan, in a statement received / Mawazine News / a copy of it, said that "Talabani met in Arbil, French Consul General in the Kurdistan Region, Olivi Dikutini," noting that "the meeting discussed security conditions in the region in general and in Iraq and the disputed areas In particular, in addition to the discussions between the Kurdistan Region and Baghdad regarding outstanding problems."

On another side of the meeting, Talabani spoke, according to the statement, about "the latest developments in the dialogue between Erbil and Baghdad," stressing that "Kurdistan's talks are continuing with the federal government until a fruitful agreement is reached to resolve the outstanding problems."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

Talabani spoke, according to the statement, about "the latest developments in the dialogue between Erbil and Baghdad," stressing that "Kurdistan's talks are continuing with the federal government until a fruitful agreement is reached to resolve the outstanding problems."

That’s the answer.

Lock em in a room and whoever survives wins the negotiations.

My money is on the shark.  😝  For the younger crowd this pic is a parody from the Movie, Jaws.  😝 😝 

80A7BA4E-6DD8-4A62-B34D-CD1048C60B36.gif.f8805749286c4a7e8c326744af6c2f6e.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

14 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

That’s the answer.

My money is on the shark.  😝  For the younger crowd this pic is a parody from the Movie, Jaws.  😝 😝 

Gripping - simply Gripping ! I wuz on the edge of my seat 💺 the whole time. Scared me so much I wee wee’d myself. :twothumbs:

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Pitcher said:

That’s the answer.

You laugh, but i had a week reserved at the Jersey Shore (Midway) and no one would go in the water higher than their knees. 

• Haha 3

SULAIMANI — A Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) lawmaker in the Council of Representatives said on Monday (July 6) that a delegation of Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) officials will visit Baghdad on Tuesday to continue talks with the federal government in pursuit of a comprehensive budget agreement.

Handren Doski told his party’s official media that Erbil is serious about reaching an agreement with Baghdad and vice versa, arguing that “there are no huge obstacles to reaching an agreement.”

“There are still some technical details about resolving the issues. If they are resolved then an agreement will definitely be made. I am optimistic about achieving a good result,” he said.

Despite Doski’s confidence, an agreement has proved elusive so far and the price of not finding one costly for the KRG.

In late April, Baghdad cut off all budget transfers to Erbil, leaving it with a massive shortfall. Unable to pay its public sector workers on time or in full, the KRG has repeated delayed distribution of salaries and cut the pay of most workers by 21 percent or more.

“Iraq itself has some problems that are obstacles in front of the agreement between the Region and Baghdad, including the spread of coronavirus, the fall in oil prices, and the changes that [Iraqi Prime Minister] Mustafa al-Kadhimi wants to make,” the KDP lawmaker added.

(NRT Digital Media) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Peshmerga Hasn’t Returned to Kirkuk: Iraqi Armyhttp://www.basnews.com/en/babat/616884#.XwObjMxssT4.twitter

BasNews   2020/07/07 - 00:15   Kurdistan 

ERBIL - Kurdistan Region's Peshmerga forces have not returned to the disputed province of Kirkuk, Major General Yahia Rasool, a spokesperson for the Iraqi Armed Forces Command, said on Monday.

Rasool explained in a statement that there was only a meeting between the officials from the Peshmerga ministry and Iraqi army to discuss closer operations in Kirkuk, Diyala, and Nineveh provinces.

Babkir Faqe, a Peshmerga official, revealed to BasNews that a delegation from the Iraqi ministry of defense will visit Erbil to review the major points they previously agreed on, noting that the two sides are close to sign a deal.

According to the official, the Peshmerga ministry with the Iraqi defense ministry have agreed on eight points which are focused on intelligence cooperations, joint military work in the disputed territories, and Peshmerga's share from the federal budget.

This comes as the Islamic State (IS) has reportedly regrouped itself in various areas of Iraq and lately carried out several terrorist activities.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

I get it.  In Galveston we have flesh eating bacteria.  I never get in the water down here.

For Some Reason - Those Things Won’t Come Near Me ! :o 

image.jpeg.a8efaea93faba3891e281b679d1c5f7c.jpeg

:D  :D  :D 

• Haha 3

National Union: Peshmerga presence in Kirkuk was with the approval of "Al-Kazemi"

22:45 - 07/07/2020
%D8%BA%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%AB-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8

Information / Baghdad

The leader of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, Ghiath Al-Surji, confirmed on Monday that the presence of the Peshmerga forces in the Kirkuk governorate was in agreement with the government of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi.

Al-Surji said in a televised statement, which he followed, "The information," that "the issue of entry and presence of the Peshmerga forces to Kirkuk was done with the knowledge of the government and in agreement with it."

He added that "the Peshmerga will move within a mechanism of joint cooperation with the security forces, " adding: "Without the Peshmerga forces, Kirkuk would have been like Mosul." 25 n ended

Edited by 6ly410

A joint statement by the deputies: Al-Kazimy returned the Peshmerga to Kirkuk, and lost the achievement of imposing security

14:15 - 07/07/2020
%D9%85%D8%B5%D8%B7%D9%81%D9%89-%D8%A7%D9

Information \ Baghdad ..
A joint statement of the representatives of the Arabs and Turkmen in Kirkuk, on Monday, criticized the approval of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi to return the Peshmerga forces to Kirkuk, indicating that these steps are unconstitutional and a waste to implement security enforcement operations in the city.
"In a dangerous precedent and constitutional violation, the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces agreed to return the Peshmerga to the Kirkuk Governorate Operations Command headquarters," the statement, which received the "information" copy, said.
He added, “We are representatives of the Arab and Turkoman components, as we categorically refuse to take the commander in chief of this step in agreement with the region without taking the views of our components that have a bad memory with these forces, which destroyed dozens of villages after liberating them from ISIS, we remember that it would harm the civil peace and stability that was achieved in Kirkuk After law enforcement in 2017. ”
He added that "neglecting the great achievement of returning the security file to the federal authority in Kirkuk, which was achieved by former Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi and preserved by Abdul-Mahdi, which is consistent with the provisions of the Iraqi constitution, places the Commander in Chief under penalty of constitutional and historical responsibility."
The statement pointed out that "had it not been for the observance of the Corona pandemic and the prevention of rallies, the people of Kirkuk will resort to all constitutional means to prevent this provocative move." End / 25D

2 hours ago, Pitcher said:

Haha Chuck.  I get it.  In Galveston we have flesh eating bacteria.  I never get in the water down here.  

No this is true , if you have a cut or a sore and get in that water, you just made a very bad decision !! 🤠

• Thanks 1