Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Rapper Kanye West announces candidacy for US presidential elections

Rapper Kanye West announces candidacy for US presidential elections

Technology entrepreneur Elon Musk backed West, telling him he had his full support.

Rapper Kanye West announces candidacy for US presidential elections A file photo of rapper Kanye West. | Angela Weiss/AFP

Rapper Kanye West on Saturday announced that he will run for the presidency in the 2020 United States elections. “We must now realize the promise of America by trusting God, unifying our vision and building our future,” the billionaire rapper tweeted. “I am running for president of the United States! #2020VISION.”

West, an admirer of President Donald Trump and husband to media personality and actor Kim Kardashian, did not announce any more details about his candidacy. The election is scheduled for November 3, but nominations are still open in many states, Reuters reported.

West met Trump at the Oval Office in 2018, and held a press conference in which he used some expletives, AFP reported. West also told Trump how much he admired him.

In 2019, during an interview with Zane Lowe of Apple Music’s Beats 1 show, West claimed his support for Trump was an attempt to rile Democrats, and announced his presidential ambitions. “There will be a time when I will be the president of the US, and I will remember...any founder that didn’t have the capacity to understand culturally what we were doing,” he said without clarifying.

Technology entrepreneur Elon Musk expressed joy at West’s announcement. “You have my full support!” Musk wrote in a tweet.

You have my full support!

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) July 5, 2020

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Kanye West has dropped out of 2020 presidential race, campaign team member claims

‘He’s out,’ member of West’s campaign team alleges

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/kanye-west-president-2020-campaign-polling-florida-donald-trump-a9619551.html%3famp

Kanye West has reportedly dropped out of the 2020 presidential race less than two weeks after announcing his bid for the White House.

On Tuesday (14 July), Steve Kramer, a member of West’s campaign team, told Intelligencer that after amassing a 180-strong campaign team in Florida, the rapper would allegedly no longer be contesting the election.

He’s out,” Kramer said, telling the publication that he was in the process of getting “all our stuff cancelled".

He later added: “I have nothing good or bad to say about Kanye... Any candidate running for president for the first time goes through these hiccups.

According to the report, West had attempted to get his name on the ballot as a third-party candidate, but needed to collect 132,781 signatures by Wednesday (15 July) to be eligible to run in Florida.

According to the report, West had attempted to get his name on the ballot as a third-party candidate, but needed to collect 132,781 signatures by Wednesday (15 July) to be eligible to run in Florida.

The Independent has approached West’s representatives for comment.

The reports come just days after a US presidential poll suggested that the “Stronger” rapper would gain less than two per cent of votes were he to run against President Donald Trump and presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden.

West announced his candidacy on 4 July, tweeting: “We must now realise the promise of America by trusting God, unifying our vision and building our future. I am running for president of the United States.

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Kanye West has dropped out of 2020 presidential race, campaign team member claims

‘He’s out,’ member of West’s campaign team alleges

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/kanye-west-president-2020-campaign-polling-florida-donald-trump-a9619551.html%3famp

Kanye West has reportedly dropped out of the 2020 presidential race less than two weeks after announcing his bid for the White House.

On Tuesday (14 July), Steve Kramer, a member of West’s campaign team, told Intelligencer that after amassing a 180-strong campaign team in Florida, the rapper would allegedly no longer be contesting the election.

He’s out,” Kramer said, telling the publication that he was in the process of getting “all our stuff cancelled".

He later added: “I have nothing good or bad to say about Kanye... Any candidate running for president for the first time goes through these hiccups.

The Independent has approached West’s representatives for comment.

The reports come just days after a US presidential poll suggested that the “Stronger” rapper would gain less than two per cent of votes were he to run against President Donald Trump and presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden.

West announced his candidacy on 4 July, tweeting: “We must now realise the promise of America by trusting God, unifying our vision and building our future. I am running for president of the United States.

Oh no Biden is going to lose Florida now. Kanye West was going to siphon off about 1000 black voters statewide from Trump! 😂

• Haha 2

He just filled out the ballot in Oklahoma!

Here is what I think...Kanye signed to pull votes from Biden. Kanye has a large black following. I remember when he said he wasn't going to run for president until 2024! So I think he is doing this to divide the dems.

Notice he is running on the "birthday party" ticket, not republican not democrat. This will pull votes from the far left. Just a thought

• Like 1