Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump 'White Power' Retweet Set Off 'Five-Alarm Fire' In White House

Politics

Trump's 'white power' retweet set off 'five-alarm fire' in White House

Carol E. Lee and Kristen Welker
NBC NewsJune 29, 2020

5ef8e1f790fe356f0d07d609_o_U_v2.jpg
Scroll back up to restore default view.

President Donald Trump set off a "five-alarm fire" in the White House on Sunday morning after he retweeted a video of one of his supporters saying "white power," according to two White House officials.

The video remained on the president's Twitter page, where he has 82 million followers, for more than three hours because White House officials couldn't reach him to ask him to delete it, the two officials said. The president was at his golf club in Virginia and had put his phone down, the officials said.

Aides also tried unsuccessfully to reach deputy chief of staff Dan Scavino to ask him to delete the retweet, officials said.

Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., added to the urgency when he called the tweet "indefensible" and demanded that the president take it down during an interview on CNN, the officials said.

Once officials were able to reach the president, he agreed to delete it, they said.

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany and senior adviser Jared Kushner were among those trying to contain the fallout. McEnany said Monday that Trump had watched the video before retweeting it but didn't hear his supporter say "white power."

Officials said the president gets a deluge of content from aides and allies, with one of them saying the "white power" incident was a "lesson to all of us in the White House to be more aware of what's out there."

In April, the president retweeted a posting that included the hashtag "#FireFauci." When asked at the time whether he had noticed the hashtag when he retweeted it, the president said, "Yeah, I notice everything."

https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-white-power-retweet-set-011126104.html

The pOTUS (leader of the free world) couldn't be reached for more than 3 hours because he was golfing......Every registered voter needs to let that sink in.

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Wait. Trump did not have his phone, so he could not tweet anything for 3 hours, and people are complaining? Wow.

I am sure in a true emergency he would have been contacted. The Marine with the Football, I am sure was close by and 

was able to be reached. 

Make up your mind. Phone/ no phone. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Wait. Trump did not have his phone, so he could not tweet anything for 3 hours, and people are complaining? Wow.

I am sure in a true emergency he would have been contacted. The Marine with the Football, I am sure was close by and 

was able to be reached. 

Make up your mind. Phone/ no phone. 

That's a good point....keeping Trump phoneless at the golf course protects us all from further division.  Plus from me.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Like 1