Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I Do NOT Support ANTIFA AND I Do NOT Wear A Mask

1 hour ago, caddieman said:

It is a scientific fact that wearing a mask greatly reduces the chance of other people around you contracting the covid virus

It is a scientific fact that a person with COVID-19 or ANY other contagion AND wears a mask creates a pseudobiotic environment in the mask to cause the COVID-19 or ANY other contagion to accumulate, grow, AND CONTAMINATE THE ENVIRONMENT ON A FAR GREATER SCALE THAN NO MASK AT ALL!!!

In a short period of time, the inhalation then exhalation cycle will cause the COVID-19 or ANY OYHER CONTAGION to be spread on exhalation in a much smaller Aerosol and far longer airborne particle.

UV is an effective measure to knock out COVID-19 AND MANY OTHER CONTAGIONS.

Masks = Germ Factories

Masks = Spread COVID-19 AND ANY OTHER CONTAGION MORE PROLIFICALLY

Masks = Biological Voluntary Homicide

Mqsks = Hypoxia AND BRAIN DAMAGE

Masks = ANTIFA Supporter

Masks = Stupid Is As Stupid Does

NO Masks HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump BUT LOGIC, DECENCY, CARING, SCIENTIFIC BASES, REASON, AND COMMON SENSE.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

It is a scientific fact that a person with COVID-19 or ANY other contagion AND wears a mask creates a pseudobiotic environment in the mask to cause the COVID-19 or ANY other contagion to accumulate, grow, AND CONTAMINATE THE ENVIRONMENT ON A FAR GREATER SCALE THAN NO MASK AT ALL!!!

In a short period of time, the inhalation then exhalation cycle will cause the COVID-19 or ANY OYHER CONTAGION to be spread on exhalation in a much smaller Aerosol and far longer airborne particle.

UV is an effective measure to knock out COVID-19 AND MANY OTHER CONTAGIONS.

Masks = Germ Factories

Masks = Spread COVID-19 AND ANY OTHER CONTAGION MORE PROLIFICALLY

Masks = Biological Voluntary Homicide

Mqsks = Hypoxia AND BRAIN DAMAGE

Masks = ANTIFA Supporter

Masks = Stupid Is As Stupid Does

NO Masks HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump BUT LOGIC, DECENCY, CARING, SCIENTIFIC BASES, REASON, AND COMMON SENSE.

So why are people required to ware mask around the President? In your words! 
Masks= Germ Factories

Masks= Spread COVID-19 and any other contagion more prolifically 

Masks= Biological Voluntary Homicide

Masks= Hypoxia and brain damage

Masks=ANTIFA SUPPORTERS 

Masks= Stupid is as Stupid Does.

Is all the people around Trump ANTIFA SUPPORTERS? Are all people around Trump imbeciles(you might have a point there) According to you they are!

You remember when you quoted a far right article saying that when the Temperature reached 80 degrees the virus would die? it Would just disappear. I bet you don’t. You keep listening to that far right fake news lies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, MEP01 said:

Where's the data?

The good news is that preventing transmission to others through egress is relatively easy. It’s like stopping gushing water from a hose right at the source, by turning off the faucet, compared with the difficulty of trying to catch all the drops of water after we’ve pointed the hose up and they’ve flown everywhere. Research shows that even a cotton mask dramatically reduces the number of virus particles emitted from our mouths—by as much as 99 percent. This reduction provides two huge benefits. Fewer virus particles mean that people have a better chance of avoiding infection, and if they are infected, the lower viral-exposure load may give them a better chance of contracting only a mild illness.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/04/dont-wear-mask-yourself/610336/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, caddieman said:

So why are people required to ware mask around the President? In your words! 
Masks= Germ Factories

Masks= Spread COVID-19 and any other contagion more prolifically 

Masks= Biological Voluntary Homicide

Masks= Hypoxia and brain damage

Masks=ANTIFA SUPPORTERS 

Masks= Stupid is as Stupid Does.

Is all the people around Trump ANTIFA SUPPORTERS? Are all people around Trump imbeciles(you might have a point there) According to you they are!

You remember when you quoted a far right article saying that when the Temperature reached 80 degrees the virus would die? it Would just disappear. I bet you don’t. You keep listening to that far right fake news lies.

Are THEY wearing the masks of THEIR OWN CHOICE???!!!

Freedom of expression of the mask WEARERS does NOT INDICATE SUFFICIENT INTELLIGENCE!!!

ANTIFA HERD MENTALITY AT BEST FOR MASK CHOOSERS!!!

I can honestly tell YOU I am exposed to COVID-19 environments AND I AM STILL COVID-19 FREE!!!

UV KILLS COVID-19 AND TEMPERATURES ABOVE 80 F.  INSIDE ENVIRONMENTS CAN PROMOTE COVID-19 GROWTH ESPECIALLY WITH A HOST ENVIRONMENT OF A MASK!!!

Outside the host, the ABOVE 80 F kicks in.

27 minutes ago, caddieman said:

The good news is that preventing transmission to others through egress is relatively easy. It’s like stopping gushing water from a hose right at the source, by turning off the faucet, compared with the difficulty of trying to catch all the drops of water after we’ve pointed the hose up and they’ve flown everywhere. Research shows that even a cotton mask dramatically reduces the number of virus particles emitted from our mouths—by as much as 99 percent. This reduction provides two huge benefits. Fewer virus particles mean that people have a better chance of avoiding infection, and if they are infected, the lower viral-exposure load may give them a better chance of contracting only a mild illness.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/04/dont-wear-mask-yourself/610336/

Stupid Is As Stupid Does AGAIN!!!

The mask IS A PSEUDOBIOTIC ENVIRONMENT AND WILL PROMOTE COVID-19 AND OTHER CONTAGION GROWTH AND TRANSMISSION VIA SMALLER AND LONGER LINGERING SMALLER PARTICLES!!!

The cotton masks entirely moisten IMMEDIATELY. The “retention” of saliva particles is slightly temporal BEFORE growth AND FURTHER PROPAGATION.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Freedom of expression of the mask WEARERS does NOT INDICATE SUFFICIENT INTELLIGENCE!!!

I can honestly tell YOU I am exposed to COVID-19 environments AND I AM STILL COVID-19 FREE!!!

UV KILLS COVID-19 AND TEMPERATURES ABOVE 80 F.  INSIDE ENVIRONMENTS CAN PROMOTE COVID-19 GROWTH ESPECIALLY WITH A HOST ENVIRONMENT OF A MASK!!!

The mask IS A PSEUDOBIOTIC ENVIRONMENT AND WILL PROMOTE COVID-19 AND OTHER CONTAGION GROWTH AND TRANSMISSION VIA SMALLER AND LONGER LINGERING SMALLER PARTICLES!!!

The cotton masks entirely moisten IMMEDIATELY. The “retention” of saliva particles is slightly temporal BEFORE growth AND FURTHER PROPAGATION.

And all the people around Trump wearing mask. What about them? No comment? Very telling. Those damn ANTIFA SUPPORTERS. There every where! Lmao.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Oh no they are required to ware masks around the President. Why is that? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, caddieman said:

And all the people around Trump wearing mask. What about them? No comment? Very telling. Those damn ANTIFA SUPPORTERS. There every where! Lmao.

For COVID-19???!!!

WHAT, pray tell, would happen IF THEY contracted COVID-19???!!!

Pretty much END THEE mask “requirement”!!!

AND, ALL could have been AVOIDED!!!

IF YOU want to contract COVID-19 by WEARING A MASK AND PASSING ON TO OTHERS THEN SO BE IT.

NOT MY CHOICE OR TO AFFILIATE WITH ANTIFA IN ANY WAY!!!

1 minute ago, Synopsis said:

For COVID-19???!!!

WHAT, pray tell, would happen IF THEY contracted COVID-19???!!!

Pretty much END THEE mask “requirement”!!!

AND, ALL could have been AVOIDED!!!

IF YOU want to contract COVID-19 by WEARING A MASK AND PASSING ON TO OTHERS THEN SO BE IT.

NOT MY CHOICE OR TO AFFILIATE WITH ANTIFA IN ANY WAY!!!

And that’s what I thought.........Thanks for your nonexistent response. Out there for all too see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, caddieman said:

And that’s what I thought.........Thanks for your nonexistent response. Out there for all too see.

:facepalm3:   :facepalm3:   :facepalm3:

Non existent response to what???!!!

Stupidity???!!!

THEE correct answers are right in front of YOU!!!

WHO, pray tell, CARES what Government Officials say AND do???!!!

Can YOU NOT think for YOURSELF???!!!

Are YOU REALLY wanting to participate in biological terrorism by wearing a mask to promote infecting others with COVID-19 AND OTHER CONTAGIONS just like ANTIFA wears masks AND IS A TERRORIST GROUP!!!

• Like 3

Stupid IS As Stupid DOES.............................................................

We must have no stigma — none — about wearing masks when we leave our homes and come near other people,” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said on Monday. 

McConnell explained that wearing a face mask is less an act of self-preservation than one of altruism, since the primary function of a face mask, respirator or cloth covering is to keep the wearer from spreading his or her own viral particles to others. “Wearing simple face coverings is not about protecting ourselves. It is about protecting everyone we encounter,” McConnell said.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy also came out in favor of face coverings. “They should wear a mask,” he said, though most Republicans in his chamber have pointedly refused to do so, in contravention of a guidance from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. That guidance, in turn, was based on the advice of the attending physician of the U.S. Capitol.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/amid-surge-in-coronavirus-cases-and-mounting-criticism-gop-leaders-do-about-face-on-masks/ar-BB16aqdK?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

McConnell AND McCarthy are just plain STUPID!!!

In Summary:

• The COVID-19 virus is approximately 125 nanometers (125x10^-9 meters or 0.125 micron) in size and equivalent to the size of the HIV virus.
  • The HIV virus transmits through LATEX.
  • The COVID-19 virus is nominally 1/4th the size of the minimum filtration required for asbestos ultra air purification of 0.5 microns or 500 nanometers. The masks do not provide anywhere near the level of asbestos air purification and the filtration necessary to trap the COVID-19 virus AND small aerosol COVID-19 OR OTHER CONTAGION particles that will pass through the mask media.
  • The surgical masks were intended only to trap the saliva particles emitted when speaking, drool, and nasal drip to prevent entry into the patient open cavity to minimize surgery related infections and is for minimizing BACTERIAL transmission NOT VIRAL transmission.
  • The masks do not provide a tight seal allowing for COVID-19 OR OTHER CONTAGION particles to be transmitted from the environment through the incomplete seal then into the nostrils, etc.
  • The masks are germ factories. If a person has COVID-19 OR ANY OTHER CONTAGION, the saliva particles will impinge on the mask, propagate, then be emitted into the environment in a much smaller aerosol particle that lingers in the air far longer. Repeated emission of saliva particles to the mask via speaking, coughing, sneezing, AND breathing further create an environment for the COVID-19 OR OTHER CONTAGION virus TO GROW EXPONENTIALLY.
  • Air born particles of saliva, etc., containing COVID-19 OR ANY OTHER CONTAGION contacts eye fluids and then enters the body. Goggles ARE NOT suggested and offer a far better barrier to the eyes than the masks are to the nasal and respiratory system. WHY, pray tell, ARE GOGGLES NOT RECOMMENDED???!!!
  • UV kills the COVID-19 virus AS WELL AS MANY CONTAGIONS. WHY, pray tell, IS UV DISINFECTING NOT RECOMMENDED???!!!

The main issue NOT discussed is the congenial social interactions with the smiles obscured and the ability to speak clearly to be heard for the hearing impaired or in environments with excessive background noise. These are needed for promoting a peaceable society.

OF GREATER CONCERN is the impact on increasing violence, domestic violence, child abuse, AND suicides with, POSSIBLY, a somewhat domino effect (i.e. my dad or mom did it so I might as well, too).

NOTHING wrong with just letting the COVID-19 virus run it's course. People WILL DIE just not near as many as who will commit suicide or be murdered. The greater number of lives WILL BE SAVED BY NOT WEARING MASKS AND WORKING TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN BY EMPLOYING AND BEING EMPLOYED.

To wear a mask WILL NOT SAVE A LIFE BUT TAKE MANY MORE LIVES REGARDLESS IF ONE HAS COVID-19 OR ANY OTHER CONTAGION OR NOT!!!

Typical practices, as will ANY OTHER CONTAGION, are ALL that is NECESSARY.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Stupid IS As Stupid DOES.............................................................

‘It would just set a good example’: Trump’s allies push him to embrace masks

687809f0-83d9-11e9-9fff-19c3f60da8a0
Quint Forgey
PoliticoJune 30, 2020

‘It would just set a good example’: Trump’s allies push him to embrace masks

Republican leaders and right-leaning media on Tuesday promoted the use of protective masks to a degree yet unseen during the coronavirus pandemic — casting them as crucial to facilitating an economic reopening while contending with President Donald Trump’s continued reluctance to cover his face in public.

The abrupt shift in conservative thought, which coincides with a surge of Covid-19 cases nationwide, reflects both overwhelming popular opinion and the undisputed counsel of health experts on the subject of masks. But the new line of messaging also breaks with a president who has called into question the efficacy of face coverings and contributed to their politicization across American culture.

That tension was apparent early Tuesday, when a traditionally friendly messenger targeted Trump with an appeal from the set of his favorite morning cable news show.

“I think that if the president wore one, it would just set a good example. He’d be a good role model. I don’t see any downside to the president wearing a mask in public,” said “Fox & Friends” co-host Steve Doocy during an interview with Ronna McDaniel, chair of the Republican National Committee.

Doocy went on to pitch the party chief an updated play on Trump’s signature campaign slogan. “‘MAGA’ should now stand for ‘Masks Are Great Again.’ Let me give you some marketing advice right there,” he told McDaniel.

The request from Doocy, whom Trump has reportedly ranked as a 12 on a 1-to-10 loyalty scale of Fox News correspondents, came just hours after another of the network’s stars, Sean Hannity, offered an endorsement of mask-wearing on his nightly prime-time program.

“I was in the epicenter of this. I went to my grocery store every week. Guess what? They wore masks. Nobody at my grocery store, thank God, got coronavirus,” Hannity, a close ally of the White House and confidant of the president’s, said Monday.

“I think they work,” he continued. “And I said — especially if I wear a mask and it opens up baseball, concerts, NFL football — I’d rather wear the mask and go to the game to protect Grandma, Grandpa, Mom and Dad and watch the ballgame.”

Elected Republicans as senior as Vice President Mike Pence and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell have urged Americans in recent days to wear masks outside their homes if they are unable to socially distance. Health experts within the Trump administration have stressed the same recommendations.

“It is critical that we all take personal responsibility to slow the transmission of Covid and embrace the universal use of face coverings,” Robert Redfield, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, told congressional lawmakers Tuesday.

But the president himself remains resistant to donning a face covering during public appearances, mocking a reporter who wore one during a White House news conference in May and describing masks as a “double-edge sword” in an interview with The Wall Street Journal just two weeks ago.

Trump’s dismissive attitude toward masks has elicited consistent rebukes from top Democratic congressional leaders and former Vice President Joe Biden, his presumptive general election opponent, who have signaled support for a national directive requiring all Americans to wear masks.

“We absolutely need a clear message from the very top of our federal government that everyone needs to wear a mask in public. Period. Period,” Biden said Tuesday during a speech in Wilmington, Del., focused on Trump’s handling of the pandemic.

“It’s a simple measure. It’s also one of the most effective ways we can do the right thing,” he added. “It may be inconvenient. It may be uncomfortable. But it’s the right thing to do as an American. Protect your co-workers and neighbors.”

Eighty percent of registered voters polled by Fox News earlier this month have a favorable view of mask-wearers, and 89 percent of Americans said they had covered their face in public in the previous week, according to an ABC News/Ipsos survey published last Thursday.

The latest entreaties by GOP officials are in response to spikes in new coronavirus cases cropping up throughout the American South, including in the nation’s most populous states: California, Florida and Texas. The U.S. as a whole has similarly registered single-day records in new infections over the past week, and governors have been forced to pause their states’ reopening plans.

The president has not made any marked effort to encourage mask use amid the precipitous climbs in caseloads, instead insistently emphasizing the need to jump-start the national economy.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, however, argued Tuesday that personal mitigation measures such as mask-wearing and frequent hand-washing were helpful tools to prevent another spate of financially draining stay-at-home orders.

A report by Goldman Sachs economists released Monday suggested that a national mask mandate “could potentially substitute for lockdowns that would otherwise subtract” nearly 5 percent of country’s gross domestic product.

“For my home state, I do believe in wearing masks. I do not want to shut the economy back down,” the California Republican told “Fox & Friends.” He also agreed with Doocy’s assessment that it would be a “powerful symbol” for Trump to wear a mask in public.

“It would,” McCarthy said. “I mean, for the Fourth of July, we could all show our patriotism with a red, white and blue mask, going out there and showing some strength.”

Even Donald Trump Jr., the president’s eldest son, appeared to come around Tuesday to the concept of face coverings after officials in Jacksonville — the Florida city where the Republican National Convention is scheduled to be held in August — announced a mask requirement for indoor public places.

“I think we’re going to make sure that everything is done in a safe and appropriate manner,” Trump Jr. told Fox Business. “You know, I don’t think that it’s too complicated to wear a mask or wash your hands and follow basic hygiene protocols.”

https://news.yahoo.com/fox-friends-host-trump-wear-122939015.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Hannity: Wear The Masks, People — They Work!

ED MORRISSEYPosted at 2:01 pm on June 30, 2020

hannity-masks.png

Did Fox News decide to stage an intervention on behalf of Donald Trump? Over the last 24 hours, two of the hosts in their top-rated lineup have gone out of their way to rebut conservative skepticism over mask-wearing in public venues. No lesser MAGA personality than Sean Hannity launched his show last night to reinforce the notion that masks work to control the spread of COVID-19.

“Look, anecdotally, I was in the epicenter of this,” Hannity said, discussing how his grocery store’s customers have all masked up. “No one at my grocery store, thank God, got coronavirus,” he declared. “I think they work.” Did Hannity have a particular audience member in mind for this PSA? (Via Twitchy)

If Hannity meant this message for one superfan in particular, perhaps so did Steve Doocy. Earlier this morning, Doocy suggested that MAGA should stand for “Masks are Great Again” and urged the Fox & Friends audience to put them on. “I don’t see any downside to the president wearing one,” Doocy tells Ronna McDaniel, who says that the president is trying to put together a balancing act on reopening. That’s when Doocy offers his “marketing advice” on rebranding MAGA:

Maybe these two PSAs are just a coincidence, or perhaps just two hosts independently coming to the same conclusion that Trump’s disdain for masks might cost him the election. As AP noted yesterday, they wouldn’t be the first; Mitch McConnell has gotten much more vocal about his support for wearing masks in public, too. McConnell’s message that we should put “no stigma” on wearing masks seems aimed at the Oval Office as well as some of his allies on Capitol Hill, whose own mask-wearing practices are less than disciplined.

How does this relate to Trump’s re-election? For one thing, his support among seniors has reportedly dropped, and they are one of his core electoral bases. Seniors are higher risk for contracting the disease, and the more people mask up, the safer they are. With Trump suggesting that it’s not important to wear masks, it makes seniors less likely to get out of their houses, and might be adding resentment to the COVID-19 isolation they are experiencing.

More importantly, though, a broad usage of masks might prevent more economic damage. Goldman Sachs issued a note yesterday that claimed a national mask “mandate” could prevent a -5% GDP hit in 2020:

A federal face mask mandate would not only cut the daily growth rate of new confirmed cases of Covid-19, but could also save the U.S. economy from taking a 5% GDP hit in lieu of additional lockdowns, according to Goldman Sachs.

Jan Hatzius, Goldman’s chief economist, said his team investigated the link between face masks and Covid-19 health and economic outcomes and found that facial coverings are associated with sizable and statistically significant results.

“We find that face masks are associated with significantly better coronavirus outcomes,” Hatzius wrote in a note to clients. “Our baseline estimate is that a national mandate could raise the percentage of people who wear masks by 15 [percentage points] and cut the daily growth rate of confirmed cases by 1.0 [percentage point] to 0.6%.”

“These calculations imply that a face mask mandate could potentially substitute for lockdowns that would otherwise subtract nearly 5% from GDP,” the economist added.

That alone could make the difference between a second MAGA term or a Joe Biden presidency. As Doocy explicitly argued, a national push for mask-wearing might be the key to really reopening the economy and avoiding a second wave of lengthy lockdowns.

Will Trump get the message from Hannity and Doocy? Thus far he’s been resistant to wearing masks even while his own advisors keep pushing mask use publicly. If Hannity and Doocy can make masks cool on the Right, though, perhaps Trump will get out in front of that trend.

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2020/06/30/hannity-wear-masks-people-work/

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/29/2020 at 7:26 PM, cranman said:

You can't win with him. I'm a Trump supporter  and wear a mask.  It's not about being an American or patriotic. Its the right thing to do. It's a amazing there are so many people on this site that know more than the doctors and scientist do. Everything has an ulterior motive and is a conspiracy with them.

If you  disagree then you're un patriotic and un American. So they say.

Some people you just need to put on ignore. 

Thanks cranman

• Upvote 2

On 6/29/2020 at 7:56 PM, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I'm beginning to understand why people leave this site because of the liberal 

Let's try and formulate a dead-serious percentage on that one here on DV......

A poll would be most welcomed

My take:  roughly 98.5% rightwing/conservative.... 1.5% leftwing and/or progressive....More or less....JMHO

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

Hannity: Wear The Masks, People — They Work!

ED MORRISSEYPosted at 2:01 pm on June 30, 2020

hannity-masks.png

Did Fox News decide to stage an intervention on behalf of Donald Trump? Over the last 24 hours, two of the hosts in their top-rated lineup have gone out of their way to rebut conservative skepticism over mask-wearing in public venues. No lesser MAGA personality than Sean Hannity launched his show last night to reinforce the notion that masks work to control the spread of COVID-19.

“Look, anecdotally, I was in the epicenter of this,” Hannity said, discussing how his grocery store’s customers have all masked up. “No one at my grocery store, thank God, got coronavirus,” he declared. “I think they work.” Did Hannity have a particular audience member in mind for this PSA? (Via Twitchy)

If Hannity meant this message for one superfan in particular, perhaps so did Steve Doocy. Earlier this morning, Doocy suggested that MAGA should stand for “Masks are Great Again” and urged the Fox & Friends audience to put them on. “I don’t see any downside to the president wearing one,” Doocy tells Ronna McDaniel, who says that the president is trying to put together a balancing act on reopening. That’s when Doocy offers his “marketing advice” on rebranding MAGA:

Maybe these two PSAs are just a coincidence, or perhaps just two hosts independently coming to the same conclusion that Trump’s disdain for masks might cost him the election. As AP noted yesterday, they wouldn’t be the first; Mitch McConnell has gotten much more vocal about his support system" rel="">support for wearing masks in public, too. McConnell’s message that we should put “no stigma” on wearing masks seems aimed at the Oval Office as well as some of his allies on Capitol Hill, whose own mask-wearing practices are less than disciplined.

How does this relate to Trump’s re-election? For one thing, his support system" rel="">support among seniors has reportedly dropped, and they are one of his core electoral bases. Seniors are higher risk for contracting the disease, and the more people mask up, the safer they are. With Trump suggesting that it’s not important to wear masks, it makes seniors less likely to get out of their houses, and might be adding resentment to the COVID-19 isolation they are experiencing.

More importantly, though, a broad usage of masks might prevent more economic damage. Goldman Sachs issued a note yesterday that claimed a national mask “mandate” could prevent a -5% GDP hit in 2020:

A federal face mask mandate would not only cut the daily growth rate of new confirmed cases of Covid-19, but could also save the U.S. economy from taking a 5% GDP hit in lieu of additional lockdowns, according to Goldman Sachs.

Jan Hatzius, Goldman’s chief economist, said his team investigated the link between face masks and Covid-19 health and economic outcomes and found that facial coverings are associated with sizable and statistically significant results.

“We find that face masks are associated with significantly better coronavirus outcomes,” Hatzius wrote in a note to clients. “Our baseline estimate is that a national mandate could raise the percentage of people who wear masks by 15 [percentage points] and cut the daily growth rate of confirmed cases by 1.0 [percentage point] to 0.6%.”

“These calculations imply that a face mask mandate could potentially substitute for lockdowns that would otherwise subtract nearly 5% from GDP,” the economist added.

That alone could make the difference between a second MAGA term or a Joe Biden presidency. As Doocy explicitly argued, a national push for mask-wearing might be the key to really reopening the economy and avoiding a second wave of lengthy lockdowns.

Will Trump get the message from Hannity and Doocy? Thus far he’s been resistant to wearing masks even while his own advisors keep pushing mask use publicly. If Hannity and Doocy can make masks cool on the Right, though, perhaps Trump will get out in front of that trend.

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2020/06/30/hannity-wear-masks-people-work/

GO RV, then BV

Shabbs it’s amazing how Hannity is now a ANTIFA SUPPORTER according to some......or one on here! 🤫🤫

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/29/2020 at 2:41 PM, caddieman said:

Probably mot ANTIFA supporters, just on THE  short list for the 2020 Darwin Awards.

The Darwin Awards commemorate the (remains of) individuals who contribute to the improvement of our gene ... Enter this portal for stories from the Darwin Awards. ... His attitude was, "What, Me Worry?"... 2019 · Pilot Patrick's In-Flight Shower
Darwin Awards · ‎2018 · ‎2019 · ‎Two Texans Die Trying

People also ask

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, caddieman said:

Just in this one thread I have been called an idiot, leftist liberal, stupid, unAmerican,  and an ANTIFA SUPPORTER......Stirring the pot!....I will give you the nod on that one!

I'm sure you weren't called any names. You just misinterpreted  what the poster was saying.  Lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Heads up.... masks off
⚠️Be careful HEALTHY people, shared from a friend....
My daughter. 19 yrs old. Healthy. Frontline worker at a huge grocery store chain. Started feeling sick about two weeks ago. Side and back pain. Nausea.. Chest pain. Primary doc sent her for chest x-ray.. Something "lit up" on right side. Sent for MRI. Cat scan. Ultra sound of back and abdomen areas..NOTHING.. While at work was unable to breathe. Chest pain. Rushed to e.r. quarantined. Tested for covid. Young. By herself because no one can be with her. Turns out its pleurisy.. An inflection of the outside of the lining of the lungs. They basically tell her.. It's because she has been wearing a mask for over 8 hours a day 5-6 days a week. Breathing in her own bacteria. Carbon dioxide.. Caused an infection. And now she is in severe pain. Has to be off work with no pay.. But you wont see that on social media! She's 19. Healthy. And now is bed bound and struggling to breathe. Antibiotics. Steroids. Breathing treatments.

• Thanks 9
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, yota691 said:

Heads up.... masks off
⚠️Be careful HEALTHY people, shared from a friend....
My daughter. 19 yrs old. Healthy. Frontline worker at a huge grocery store chain. Started feeling sick about two weeks ago. Side and back pain. Nausea.. Chest pain. Primary doc sent her for chest x-ray.. Something "lit up" on right side. Sent for MRI. Cat scan. Ultra sound of back and abdomen areas..NOTHING.. While at work was unable to breathe. Chest pain. Rushed to e.r. quarantined. Tested for covid. Young. By herself because no one can be with her. Turns out its pleurisy.. An inflection of the outside of the lining of the lungs. They basically tell her.. It's because she has been wearing a mask for over 8 hours a day 5-6 days a week. Breathing in her own bacteria. Carbon dioxide.. Caused an infection. And now she is in severe pain. Has to be off work with no pay.. But you wont see that on social media! She's 19. Healthy. And now is bed bound and struggling to breathe. Antibiotics. Steroids. Breathing treatments.

Sorry to hear that, will be praying for her speedy recovery!! Thanks for the information!!👍🇺🇸

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2