Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The War On Gold Has Begun

Pitcher

Gold falls below $ 1,800 with the rise of the dollar and virus fears curb losses

21914.jpg

Economy News _ Baghdad

Gold prices fell from the important level of $ 1,800 an ounce with the rise of the US currency, but fears of increasing cases of coronavirus globally and tension between China and the United States curbed losses.

Spot gold fell 0.3 percent from $ 1797.39 an ounce by 0520 GMT. Gold fell in the futures trading in the United States 0.8 percent to 1799.60 dollars.

"We see pressures on risky assets in light of sentiment and concerns, especially about China-US relations," said Michael McCarthy of CMC Markets. But reversing the dollar’s weakness is pushing gold down a little now, especially given prices near the peak of nine years.

The dollar rose 0.1 percent against its competitors, raising the cost of the yellow metal to holders of other currencies.

The World Health Organization warned on Monday that the Covid-19 pandemic would worsen if countries failed to adhere to strict health preventive standards while the number of HIV infections exceeded 13 million globally.

For other precious metals, palladium gained 0.4 percent to $ 1987.91 an ounce, and palladium increased 0.5 percent to $ 832.81.

Silver lost 0.4 percent to $ 19.01 an ounce after hitting the highest level since September 2019 on Monday.

Number of views 9   Date added 14/07/2020

http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=21014

• Thanks 1

Fyi - The Listings For The Gold Prices For The Week Normally Run Monday Until Thursday ! ;) 

This Is Very Unusual To Have It Listed For Sunday Until Wednesday ! :o 

And Tomorrow Is ‘Supposedly’ The Day That The CBI Governor’s Extension For His Position Runs Out...

:D  :D  :D 

LINK

The prices of bullion and gold coins for Sunday 12/7/2020
until Wednesday 15/7/2020

image.jpeg.3052e128919eb0e2dc4b14db923ac516.jpeg

12th July 2020

the weight    Price / dinar       Image / forward       Photo / back
15 gm              1,148,000    

22 gm             1,683,000            file-155047419319872.jpg        file-155047424067597.jpg

Ingot 5 g          359,250            file-155167974932800.jpg      file-15516798818313.jpg

Ingot 10 g       710,250.            file-155167978087073.jpg

Ingot 15 g      1,068,000           file-155167980596158.jpg

Ingot 20 g       1,432,500          file-155167982617318.jpg

Ingot 25 g      1,798,500           file-155167984789586.jpg
Ingot 50 g      3,600,250    

Edited by DinarThug
  • Upvote 2

LINK

After the discovery of a huge mine .. Egypt announces the launch of a new bid to search for gold

%D8%B0%D9%87%D8%A8-696x435.jpg

17:00 - 07/14/2020

The Egyptian Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources, Tariq Al-Mulla, announced today, Tuesday, a new bid for gold mining in Egypt.

The Egyptian minister said in press statements that the program to develop and modernize the mining sector is proceeding successfully in Egypt, where it contributed to the implementation of many important reforms at the legislative and investment levels.

Al-Mulla emphasized the importance of the new gold discovery in the mountain region of “Iqat” in the eastern desert of Egypt, in stimulating investment in Egypt in the search for gold and its exploitation and attracting investors in this field, especially as the climate is strongly prepared for investment, after the success of economic reforms and the availability of stability and investment factors in The Egyptian state.

On June 30, Egypt announced the achievement of a commercial detection of gold in the Eastern Desert, with reserves estimated at more than a million ounces of gold.

The Egyptian Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources said, in a statement, that the new discovery is located in the concession area of the company "Shalatin" for mineral wealth. She said, "The recovery rate is 95 percent, which is one of the highest extraction rates, and with total investments over the next ten years, more than one billion dollars." 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, DinarThug said:

LINK

After the discovery of a huge mine .. Egypt announces the launch of a new bid to search for gold

%D8%B0%D9%87%D8%A8-696x435.jpg

17:00 - 07/14/2020

The Egyptian Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources, Tariq Al-Mulla, announced today, Tuesday, a new bid for gold mining in Egypt.

The Egyptian minister said in press statements that the program to develop and modernize the mining sector is proceeding successfully in Egypt, where it contributed to the implementation of many important reforms at the legislative and investment levels.

Al-Mulla emphasized the importance of the new gold discovery in the mountain region of “Iqat” in the eastern desert of Egypt, in stimulating investment in Egypt in the search for gold and its exploitation and attracting investors in this field, especially as the climate is strongly prepared for investment, after the success of economic reforms and the availability of stability and investment factors in The Egyptian state.

On June 30, Egypt announced the achievement of a commercial detection of gold in the Eastern Desert, with reserves estimated at more than a million ounces of gold.

The Egyptian Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources said, in a statement, that the new discovery is located in the concession area of the company "Shalatin" for mineral wealth. She said, "The recovery rate is 95 percent, which is one of the highest extraction rates, and with total investments over the next ten years, more than one billion dollars." 

95% recovery rate should perk some ears up.  But still needs to be proven. Never really know till you go into full scale production if it will pan out

Thanks Thug

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

LINK

Seized 25 kg of gold smuggled from Iran to the Kurdistan Region

%D8%B0%D9%87%D8%A8.jpeg

15th July, 2020

The security authorities in the Kurdistan Region have seized a smuggled shipment of gold from Iran.

Sirwan Muhammad, spokesman for the Haji Omran border crossing in Erbil, told Shafaq News that 25 kg of gold had been seized inside a truck at the crossing, which was intended to be smuggled into the region.

He added that the smuggler was arrested and the gold was seized.

According to informed sources, the smuggled shipment was coming from Iran.

• Upvote 2

What if gold does go to $5,000 or $10,000?

Lobo Tiggre

Lobo Tiggre  Wednesday July 15, 2020 13:28

Kitco Commentaries | Opinions, Ideas and Markets Talk

Featuring views and opinions written by market professionals, not staff journalists.

Commentaries & Views

Share this article:

With gold hitting nine-year highs this month—and staying above $1,800—readers are asking for guidance on what to do if gold not only reaches new nominal highs, but blows by $2,000 and keeps going. What if it really does go to $5,000 an ounce, $10,000… or higher? And what if silver hits $100 and keeps rising?

What are our endgame strategies?

Before answering these questions, we have to think about what the world would be like if gold were flirting with 5-digit prices, and silver with 3-digit prices.

We can only guess, but it’s not much of a stretch to say that such prices imply a high-inflation environment in the US.

Such gold and silver prices would make it so by definition. But I mean more than that. I think we’d be seeing 1970s-style stagflation, and there would be great political and social unrest. I think it’s unlikely someone with the guts Paul Volker had would step in to set things right. And I think there’s zero chance today’s politicians would give such a person the power to do so.

In other words, I don’t think $10,000 gold would be the end of the story. If it does rise that high, I think the US would fall into a true hyperinflationary death spiral. At that point, the price of pretty much everything would be about to take off. At the same time, the actual value of many things would go into decline as people focus their spending on survival.

In short, the real endgame would be a major financial and social reset—after a collapse.

I hope I’m wrong.

Or, if I’m right about what $10,000 gold implies, I hope we never get there. Just reaching Bank of America’s now-famous $3,000 call would be more than enough to make fortunes for gold bugs like me. No need to wish for far greater misfortune befalling the rest of the world.

But frankly, with the Republicans joining the Democrats in pulling out the control rods that keep the US economy from overheating and melting down… well, I don’t want to predict a global collapse , but I think it would be foolish not to make contingency plans for the possibility.

Bearing in mind that all of the above is just my guess—I’m not going to glorify my guesses by calling them projections, estimates, or forecasts—there are some important things to keep in mind as we plan ahead.

The end of fiat currencies

It’s one thing for Zimbabwe or Venezuela to unleash hyperinflation. It’s quite another for the US to do so. To the degree that mainstream analysts and forex traders think about this at all, I think most assume that the euro, the yuan, or maybe some other currency like the (highly regarded for historical reasons) Swiss franc would take over as the world’s reserve currency.

That might happen.

For a while.

But all these governments are in the same fix, so I wouldn’t count on it.

I wouldn’t count on any country’s currency being a good hedge against the demise of the dollar.

The collapse of a financial instrument seen as part of the bedrock of the world—as the USD is—could and should call into question the very idea of fiat currencies.

Heck, we can’t even say that dollars, euros, yuan, or even Swiss francs aren’t worth the paper they’re printed on anymore, since most of the units in existence aren’t printed on paper.

I think the obvious solution markets will rediscover at this future point is gold—especially now that it’s easy to own and transfer in small, fractional amounts.

But even if I’m wrong about that and it’s Bitcoin instead, or some new form of wealth preservation and medium of exchange not yet devised, gold will still have value.

I couldn’t say that about any of today’s national fiat currencies.

You’ve been warned.

Bullion Scarcity

If gold goes back into circulation, there would, for a time, be an acute shortage of refined, standardized coinage and other bullion products. Demand for refined silver for coinage would go nuts. Governments might start stockpiling silver again, adding fuel to the fire under silver prices.

But even if these things don’t happen, much higher gold prices imply more buyers than sellers, which also implies a shortage of bullion products.

I wouldn’t expect bullion to be as physically hard to find as it was during the recent COVID-19 shutdown. It will just take more fiat currency units to get people to sell us any. But I would expect the premiums to soar, so that buying a one-ounce eagle, maple leaf, philharmonic, etc. will cost a lot more than usual above spot prices.

Both the possibility of gold going back into circulation and the potential for high premiums on widely recognized bullion products argue for increasing our allocation to such forms of gold—and silver—now.

Diversification

In a world where an ounce of gold is fetching $10,000 or more, we’re likely to have many pressing concerns in our lives, potentially including our physical safety. It would take a science-fiction novel to explore those possibilities, but there are two specific concerns many resource speculators share that are worth thinking about ahead of time:

Currency controls. As things get dicey, I think it’s quite likely that even First World countries with excellent rule of law will resort to the little black book of dirty tricks governments pull out during a financial panic. One of the first is to impose currency controls on any form of money crossing their borders. These can range from imposing taxes on transactions to flat-out confiscation at the border. “You can leave, but your money stays here.” It may seem inconvenient now, but the clear solution is to spread our financial assets among several jurisdictions. Ideally, these would be places where we feel relatively secure in the integrity of our holdings—and where we wouldn’t mind spending time.

Confiscation. The US confiscated private citizens’ bullion during the Great Depression. The darling of the Left—Franklin Delano Roosevelt—did this by executive order on April 5, 1933. If it can happen once, it can happen again. And if it can happen in the US, it can happen anywhere. Mind you, FDR’s government paid US persons for their gold (in paper money)… before devaluing the dollar. But at least they didn’t just seize it with no compensation of any sort. I wouldn’t expect most governments around the world to be so generous, especially if they first criminalize gold (“only drug dealers and child-molesters use gold,” etc.). The clear solution, again, is to spread our bullion holdings among several jurisdictions.

Internationalizing our lives is a daunting idea for most people. Travel is for holidays, and there’s no place like home. I understand. But when our homes risk getting taken over by gangs who see us as beasts of burden, it’s only prudent to plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Fortunately, baby steps are possible here. It’s not necessary to uproot and move the whole family to Paraguay.

For a starter piece on how to go about this, please see this article on internationalization.

Brace for uncertainty

This may seem obvious, but it’s worth stressing that no one can plot a perfect course in uncharted waters, even if their general outlook turns out to be right.

There’s a story—I don’t know if it’s true, but it’s illustrative—about a man who saw World War II coming years in advance. He did uproot his life, sell off his assets, and moved to the most remote location he could think of to wait the war out. He chose Midway Island.

The point is simple: one contingency plan is not enough.

This is why my comments on internationalization always stress multiple jurisdictions, not just one escape route. The same holds true even if internationalization is not an option.

Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Of course. But also don’t count on just one backup basket being all you need.

Realize gains

The most important point I want to leave you with is another simple—but absolutely essential—one.

Don’t just take profits; realize them.

Imagine what could happen if savvy speculators play the coming debasement of the USD just right—with or without hyperinflation and collapse—making fortunes over the years just ahead… but those fortunes are only in the form of the very same USD that’s losing value.

A sudden draconian move by the state could wipe that fortune out.

Or the fortune could be left unmolested directly, but have its value inflated away.

As one reader asked me, “What’s the point of buying a stock that goes up 10x if the currency I buy it in loses 10x at the same time?”

If that were to happen, he’d be right about it being pointless. Fortunately for us, when resource stocks go vertical, they appreciate much faster than the currencies they’re denominated in lose value, and we have the opportunity to realize the value gained.

Key Point: By “realize,” I don’t just mean to cash out on big wins; I mean to go the next step and turn the currency gained into real—tangible—assets.

That can include more bullion, a more valuable home, productive ranch or farmland, durable businesses, or even commercial real estate in locations we believe will thrive in the future. It can be anything, really—as long as it’s something a government can’t create by fiat. Preferably, it should also be things that would be hard for governments to confiscate.

In a world where gold sells for $10,000 per ounce, any amount of fiat cash beyond what’s needed for short-term living expenses should be treated like a very hot potato. It should be turned into something more durable and useful in the shortest time possible.

And if any government does seize bullion again, whatever paper or electronic tokens they exchange it for should be immediately converted into some other real asset. 

That’s my take, 

https://www.kitco.com/commentaries/2020-07-15/What-if-gold-does-go-to-5-000-or-10-000.html

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Upvote 3

LINK

A surprise in the Arab arrangement ... Which countries have the most gold?

image.jpeg.a343e7570d75812aff70298ffeab4a7d.jpeg

16th July, 2020

World Gold Council data, released in July, show that the United States continues to top the list of countries with the most precious metal reserves, far ahead of its closest competitors.

The data available through the Council's website indicates the continued growth of the Russian Central Bank's possession of gold during the past decade, as its reserves jumped from about 700 tons in 2010 to more than 2000 tons this year. The possession of gold at the US central bank accounted for 78% of the total foreign reserves, which was surpassed only by Venezuela, which recorded 82% (161 tons), but the Latin country suffers mainly a crisis in obtaining hard currency after the collapse of its oil sector and the deterioration of the economy.

At the level of the Arab countries, Saudi Arabia and Lebanon came in the list of the 20 most gold-holding countries among their foreign reserves, with the former possessing 323.1 tons of precious metal, and the second possessing 286.8 tons. Remarkably, Libya came 33rd in the world with 116.6 tons. Egypt ranked 40th with 79.5 tons of gold. While Syria ranked 60th with 25.8 tons of gold.

Ranking of the countries with the most gold ownership among their foreign reserves:

1- America 8133 tons
2- Germany 3363 tons
3- Cash Fund 2814 tons
4- Italy 2451 tons
5- France 2436 tons
6- Russia 2299 tons
7- China 1948 tons
8- Switzerland 1040 tons
9- Japan 765 tons
10- India 654 tons

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

On 6/23/2020 at 6:50 PM, Pitcher said:

My mind is going nuts thinking about this article. We all know what the Petro Dollar is and how it helped usher in about 40 years of prosperity for the US as other countries had to buy their oil in US dollars. Since other Nations had to keep a rather large sum of US Dollars on had to purchase their oil the US became the de facto main Reserve Currency of the World.  Our Financial System became the safe haven for other Countries whenever there was a downturn in world business like the Iraq War, the Financial Meltdown in 08 and now Coronavirus!!!!   

Are we getting ready to return to the Gold Standard and are we creating a Gold Standard Dollar similar to what we have with the Petro Dollar. I’m probably wrong but something big and very exciting is coming down the pike.  

But does the U.S have the reserves to make it happen it says the U.S. has over 8000 tons but let’s see if an audit can prove that out

Edited by Calijim

Yes an audit that is not fake would be interesting.  There may be a lot of gold in Fort Knox but much of it was reported to be German gold that we were storing.  If you look at the list China is number 7.  They just recently became the #1 gold producing nation passing the US.  They have been buying mining companies all over the world in the last 7-10 years.  

• Upvote 1

LINK

Prices of bullion and gold coins for Sunday 19/7/2020 until
Thursday 23/7/2020

image.jpeg.f834326d5dc26820623e858b0ac210b2.jpeg

19th July, 2020

The prices of bullion and gold coins that will be sold on Sunday 19/7/2020 until 7/23/2020

the weight     Price / dinar          Image / forward      Photo / back
15 gm                1,150,250    

22 gm               1,687,000                    file-155047419319872.jpg     file-155047424067597.jpg

Ingot 5 g             360,000                  file-155167974932800.jpg   file-15516798818313.jpg

Ingot 10 g          712,000                   file-155167978087073.jpg

Ingot 15 g        1,070,250                  file-155167980596158.jpg

Ingot 20 g       1,436,000                   file-155167982617318.jpg

Ingot 25 g     1,802,500                    file-155167984789586.jpg

Ingot 50 g     3,608,500
Edited by DinarThug
  • Upvote 2

LINK

UK court blocks Maduro's bid to access $1 billion in Venezuelan gold

Why investors buy gold during times of crisis

2nd July, 2020

Venezuela's embattled ruler Nicolás Maduro has been denied access to roughly $1 billion in gold reserves held by the Bank of England after a UK court ruled that the British government has recognized Juan Guaidó as president.

Venezuela's central bank, which is still controlled by Maduro's government, had sued the Bank of England, seeking access to €930 million ($1 billion) in gold reserves that it said would help the country cope with the coronavirus pandemic. Venezuela intended to liquidate the gold to purchase health care supplies and food through the United Nations Development Programme, according to court documents. But the British government, along with the US government and dozens more worldwide, recognizes Guaidó, rather than Maduro, as Venezuela's legitimate leader. Venezuela's political turmoil stems from 2018, when Maduro secured another six-year term in presidential elections widely viewed as a sham.

The High Court in London ruled against the cash-strapped Maduro government on Thursday, with judge Nigel Teare saying that Guaidó had been "unequivocally recognized" as president of Venezuela by the UK government. Guaidó's representative to London hailed the verdict. "It is a victory for the Venezuelan people and rule of law and demonstrates the importance of separation of powers," the envoy, Vanessa Neuman, told CNN. "The gold is where it has always been, in the [Bank of England]. It is Maduro who sought to remove it and we have protected it for the people."

The Venezuelan Central Bank said it would appeal the ruling. "The [central bank] will immediately appeal the absurd and unusual decision by an English court which intends to deprive the Venezuelan people of gold which is so urgently needed to tackle the Covid-19 pandemic," it said in a tweet on Thursday. Maduro's representatives in court called the ruling "unsatisfactory." "It is very rare for a case of such international legal importance to be decided by reference to legal questions alone without taking into account the facts on the ground," lawyer Sarosh Zaiwalla said in a statement.

The Bank of England previously told CNN that it "does not comment on individual customer relationships." The UK central bank blocked a similar attempt by the Venezuelan government to gain access to its gold in late 2018, according to the Financial Times. The bank holds around 400,000 bars of gold in its vaults, worth over £200 billion ($244.6 billion), according to its website. That makes it the second largest keeper of gold in the world after the New York Federal Reserve.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Gold rises near the height of 9 years thanks to bets on stimulus

22054.jpg

Economy News _ Baghdad

Gold stuck to its rally near the nine-year high on Tuesday, as expectations for higher inflation were offset by increased stimulus and higher risk appetite, while silver broke through the $ 20 level for the first time since September 2016.

And gold rose in immediate transactions 0.2 percent to 1818.23 dollars an ounce by 0510 GMT after it reached its highest level since September 2011 on Monday. US gold futures rose 0.2 percent to $ 1821.10.

"The stimulus is what drives the gold market and we will get more of it," said Stephen Ines, head of market strategies at Axi Corp Financial Services. It is the gravitational factor that is driving sentiment up today. ”

Gold tends to benefit from widespread stimulus, as the yellow metal is generally considered a hedge in the face of high prices and lower currencies. But analysts are divided over inflation expectations.

European Union leaders reached agreement on a massive stimulus plan for their economies that the Coruna virus was hit by after a difficult summit that spanned the night and its fifth day.

Also in the United States, Republicans in Congress have announced plans to request an additional $ 1 trillion in economic aid.

Besides stimulus, growing hopes for Covid-19 vaccines reinforce high-risk assets, limiting the advance of gold.

For other precious metals, silver jumped 1.6 percent to $ 20.22, its highest level since August 2016.

Palladium fell 0.3 percent to $ 2049.26 an ounce, while platinum rose 0.1 percent to $ 844.25.

Number of views 14   Date added 21/07/2020

http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=21119

• Upvote 1

On 7/13/2020 at 3:51 PM, jmartin1145 said:

7.1 Pounds on a regular scale of .999. Now I need to get to get used to terms in Troy ounces. Thanks again for your help.

Making some money these days!!!  My sell point is $45.00 an ounce.  Can only hope we see that again like in 2011

Lets just hope they dont find another shipwreck full of silver LOL

• Upvote 1

Heading to my claim in Barstow Saturday for some digging for the shiney shiney

If any dinarians want to try their luck let me know. You keep what you dig .

But its gonna be a tad warm  102 forecast but im at a bit higher elevation so expect 98.

I start at 6am and out of there by 2pm  Just a day trip 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, SocalDinar said:

Heading to my claim in Barstow Saturday for some digging for the shiney shiney

If any dinarians want to try their luck let me know. You keep what you dig .

But its gonna be a tad warm  102 forecast but im at a bit higher elevation so expect 98.

I start at 6am and out of there by 2pm  Just a day trip 

What airport would one fly in to?

25 minutes ago, jmartin1145 said:

What airport would one fly in to?

Have no idea what the closest to fly in would be  ( maybe Ontario ) but might not be a good logistic fit. LOL.

Its 15 miles north of Barstow on a 2 lane road then 14 miles up a washboard dirt road then 7 miles down a single lane trail.

But i do go often.. Planning some Northern CA river mining . One of the clubs i belong to has some pretty good gold if you can hold your breath a long time HAHA. Seen ounces come out of there in a day after a heavy rain season.

1 minute ago, SocalDinar said:

Have no idea what the closest to fly in would be  ( maybe Ontario ) but might not be a good logistic fit. LOL.

Its 15 miles north of Barstow on a 2 lane road then 14 miles up a washboard dirt road then 7 miles down a single lane trail.

But i do go often.. Planning some Northern CA river mining . One of the clubs i belong to has some pretty good gold if you can hold your breath a long time HAHA. Seen ounces come out of there in a day after a heavy rain season.

Give me enough time to plan and I am on it. My business has been slow and my help can handle it. Been wanting to this kind of thing for a long time. I was doing some research and saw if I flew into Las Vegas, I could visit my step-father and drive to Barstow. LA looks like a nightmare.

1 hour ago, jmartin1145 said:

Give me enough time to plan and I am on it. My business has been slow and my help can handle it. Been wanting to this kind of thing for a long time. I was doing some research and saw if I flew into Las Vegas, I could visit my step-father and drive to Barstow. LA looks like a nightmare.

We camp out there when its cooler starting  in October we will usually do 3-4 nights.  Ill let you know.

Metals are soaring right now.  Its crazy good.

LA was paradise in in the 80s. Before the progressives turned the state into a cesspool.  

Edited by SocalDinar

50 minutes ago, SocalDinar said:

We camp out there when its cooler starting  in October we will usually do 3-4 nights.  Ill let you know.

Metals are soaring right now.  Its crazy good.

LA was paradise in in the 80s. Before the progressives turned the state into a cesspool.  

I almost have it figured out to get there this weekend. My help said I was good to go and found a flight. You still OK with that?

On 7/19/2020 at 5:26 PM, jmartin1145 said:

Im going to hook up a snapping turtle to one of those things.
Hold my beer and watch this ****.
I just moved a big one. I need to go back and find it.

5 minutes ago, jmartin1145 said:

I almost have it figured out to get there this weekend and found a flight.
You still OK with that?

Just Don’t Bring That Damn Turtle ! :o 

image.png.0370bfca4af41a23179c8f127c665fc1.png

:D  :D  :D