Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The War On Gold Has Begun

Pitcher

I am placing this under the Iraq News Only because this article may be a little snapshot of what might be getting ready to happen in the Gold market. I know a lot of you own Gold and gold mining stocks.  You had better read this and try to understand what is getting ready to happen.  From reading this article I feel like the US is really in the driver’s seat when it comes to the Financial reset or whatever you want to call it.  Somewhere in the mix is the Dinar and it’s currency becoming open to International Trade.  I found this article to be very interesting as I Trade anything on the US Stock exchanges.  I’m open and wanting to hear any and all  interpretations of this article.  

The War On Gold Has Begun

• The downside risks associated with gold ownership are flying under many investors’ radars

The war on gold has already started. And yet nobody, no media, no government, nor the companies are actually talking about it.

To understand the blueprint of what is going on geopolitically and the coming war on gold, all you have to do is focus on the US Dollar SWAP lines.

The swap lines are a big tell on what is happening globally. Let me first explain what a swap line is.

And if your favorite mining stock has significant production in what I call negative swap nations, it could be at serious risk.

I’ve talked to several gold company CEOs and gold fund managers.

Not one knew what a SWAP Line was nor the difference between a +SWAP Line Nation vs. a –SWAP Line nation.

As I walked them through my concept, all agreed the risk factors will soon become impossible to ignore.

Are there built-in risk premiums to the prices of certain stocks?

Yes. But not at the cost of creeping government ownership and eventual nationalization.

The Latin phrase Premeditatio Malorum tells you to prepare for all evils.

And today I’m going to get you up to speed on the overlooked risks to some of your biggest gold holdings.

I’m not making any friends with this theory. But I have to prepare my portfolio for the risks.

1592944585-o_1ebhean6e2f9us91p7e11jenuk8

And what happens next could be the difference between you making the biggest gains you’ve ever seen in your life…

Or watching your gold investments go to zero during this unprecedented time in the world.

I urge you not to buy another gold stock until you understand what’s really going on behind the scenes… and how you can profit from it. 

The Importance of Dollar SWAP Lines on Your Gold Investments

It will take more time than most expect for the world economy to recover from the psychological and financial impacts of the pandemic…

But what the pandemic lockdown proved was that the world needs A LOT more U.S. dollars.

When the virus started spreading internationally, and economies started shutting down, the U.S. Federal Reserve became the “lender of last resort” for nearly the whole world. 

The Fed began providing what’s called Dollar SWAP lines to certain U.S. selected and approved governments.

Why?

According to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the global U.S. Dollar shortage could be crippling for many countries – and the world economy.

The SWAP line is set up by the US fed and this is just the beginning. What a SWAP line means is that the fed has pre-approved nations as allies who've accepted the terms and conditions to be able to draw down money.

Here is a list of countries where U.S. Federal Reserve SWAP Lines exist (think of them as Lifelines by the Fed): 

1. Bank of Canada 
  2. Bank of England 
  3. European Central Bank 
  4. Bank of Japan 
  5. Swiss National Bank 
  6. Reserve Bank of Australia 
  7. Banco Central do Brasil 
  8. Danmarks Nationalbank (Denmark) 
  9. Bank of Korea 
  10. Banco de Mexico 
  11. Reserve Bank of New Zealand 
  12. Norges Bank (Norway) 
  13. Monetary Authority of Singapore 
  14. Sveriges Riksbank (Sweden) 
  15. Bank Indonesia  

For example, the Bank of Japan has drawn down over $200 billion on their SWAP line. Now, the reason they're doing that is they need access to US Dollars.

This is just starting and will accelerate at the next sign of trouble. And what this really means is the US government has approved those nations essentially as a real ally. Now, I call these positive swap line nations (+SWAP).

Here’s why this is so important for gold companies:

If you have a producing gold mine or any asset in a positive swap line nation…

Foreign governments are not going to want to mess around with companies that are backed by Uncle Sam, the American government, the American military. 

Yes, taxes will increase across the board. That is the only thing all politicians in all countries have effectively executed throughout time. 

• The war on gold is increasing royalties, increasing taxes and increasing government take of ownership. 

In some situations, there's going to be outright nationalization of foreign-owned mining assets.

I Own Gold Stocks in Negative SWAP Countries, What Does This Mean? 

Swap lines, +SWAP lines, -SWAP lines…

To really understand what this all means and the implications, we go back to the US Dollar, which is the reserve currency of the world. 

When you take all the central banks around the world, the US dollar makes up just a little over 60% of the foreign reserves of all the central banks in the world. The next highest one is the Euro at about 20%, then it's the Japanese yen.

But really what happened was that during the global financial crisis, so much QE and stimulus got into the market and from the period of 2000 to 2008, these were the golden years of globalization. 

The emerging-market nations that were commodity-rich took massive debt to build these infrastructure projects and mining operations and oil programs in US Dollars. 

It takes many years to build these projects, to produce commodities in USD. China took a lot of debt to build manufacturing hub of the world to sell to the US.

So because of the global financial crisis (all the QE, all the debt), we ended up seeing negative interest rates around the world and that's actually deflationary.

As commodity prices are going down, the emerging markets, their currencies are getting devalued relative to the US Dollar and gold in these emerging market nations. 

And even in the Euro and the yen, the Canadian Dollar, the Aussie Dollar, they're all getting devalued to the US Dollar and gold.

1592944613-o_1ebhebitg1qe1162g18gehhaeug

The Dangers of Not Having a SWAP Line

Can you imagine, for example, Mexico receiving hundreds of billions of SWAP dollars from the U.S…. then turning around and seizing an American backed gold mine (that the pension funds own) in their country?

Or Sweden? Or Canada?

That’s not going to happen. That would be catastrophic for those countries who are all strong U.S. allies.

Now, a lot of mining executives aren’t going to like this, but they need to hear the truth.

If you’re buying a gold stock with a mining project in any non-SWAP country (I call those nations “-SWAP” line nations), you could see your entire investment seized by a desperate government and go to zero. 

Now, this next chart shows the emerging market superpower nations have been aggressively buying gold over the last three years. This will continue.

1592944635-o_1ebhec9n71jq0vic91nl4n1e3k8

The top 10 producers of gold in the world combined production is about 75 million ounces of gold last year. 

Almost two thirds of that was in negative swap line nations, meaning they do not have swap lines with the US.

Do you think those mines were developed by the governments? A very small percentage of them actually were. 

Most of that two thirds or over 48 million ounces of gold were found, developed, permitted, built, and operated by North American owned gold mining companies. 

A big percentage of that production will be a victim on these negative swap line nations on the war on gold.

This risk is very real. Expect higher royalties, expect higher taxes, expect a creeping take back of ownership of the mine from the government. 

• You're going to see threats or outright nationalization of these foreign owned gold mines in these negative SWAP line nations happen. 

In addition, they're going to add controls on these companies where it's going to be harder to get their US dollars out and they're going to be taxing it on the conversion. 

You're also going to be selling the gold to the governments of these negative SWAP line nations in their local currency.

• You won’t get the price of gold that’s shown in the international market in the negative SWAP nations. 

This is going to be very difficult for a lot of people to understand and for many mining executives, they don't want this to happen. 

It doesn't matter what you want. The reality is the world's geopolitics is changing so fast and the virus could well be accelerating another lockdown. 

There's a line being drawn between positive SWAP line nations and negative SWAP line nations.

What Kind of Gold Companies Are at Risk?

Here’s a chart of the ten largest gold producing companies in the world, and their exposure to -SWAP (negative SWAP Line Nations) in red:

1592944656-o_1ebhectp3th732iho2qs2133j8.

Now, I have nothing against any of these companies. I know all of the people who run them, and they have some great producing gold mines, along with some very smart people…

But you should think twice before buying a company with a lot of red – the ones whose projects are located in ‘-SWAP’ Negative SWAP Line nations.

I’m not recommending you buy Agnico, the one with the full green bar. But as you can see, this company’s full project portfolio is ALL in +SWAP (positive SWAP) line countries.

We’re in a whole new world… with a whole new era of market risks that have never been seen before.

If you want to make a lot of money from the gold bull market, you must understand the difference between +SWAP vs -SWAP nation risks to your portfolio… and know the right gold stocks to buy.

I’ve done some exciting, stupid and dangerous things and travelled to some crazy places to find the next “Big Score”.

But after truly becoming one of the few in the industry who can say “been there, done that”, I learned a major lesson I want to share. 

Yes, it’s true some big scores are waiting for those who are first to an exotic or war-torn place with a massive tier 1 mining deposit.

It makes for a sexy story that sells newsletters, and people love to read about it (Indiana Jones Speculation, I like to call it). But those success stories are so rare.

The reality is, just as big of a score (and in many cases even bigger scores) can be made when you are patient in major sell offs in politically stable jurisdictions like the U.S.

Yes, it’s not as sexy. Yes, it doesn’t sell newsletters.

But we should only care about making the most amount of money with the least possible amount of risk. And for that reason, I want to prepare everyone for this potential scenario in the gold market.

Know the plan. Get the playbook.

Be prepared both mentally and financially for what to do if gold prices take a big hit to the downside.

Luck is being prepared when the opportunity arises. 

And you can get a head start by watching my exclusive presentation right here.

Stocks to watch as gold enters turbulent territory:

Kinross Gold Corporation (NYSE:KGC, TSX:K)

Kinross Gold Corporation is relatively new on the scene, founded in the early 90s, but it certainly isn’t lacking drive or experience. In 2015, the company received the highest ranking for of any Canadian miner in Maclean's magazine's annual assessment of socially responsible companies. 

While Kinross posted a significant loss in the fourth quarter of 2018, the company is making strong moves to turn around its earnings, including the hiring of a new CFO, Andrea S. Freeborough. 

“Andrea’s successful track record at Kinross and throughout her career, including accounting, international finance, M&A, and deep management experience, will be an excellent addition to our leadership team,” said Mr. Rollinson. “We have great talent at Kinross and succession planning is a key aspect of retaining that talent for the future success of our Company.”

Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd (NYSE:AEM, TSX:AEM)

Canadian based gold producer, Agnico Eagle Mines is an especially noteworthy company for investors. Why? Between 1991-2010, the company paid out dividends every year. With operations in Quebec, Mexico, and Finland, the company also is taking place in exploration activities in Europe, Latin America, and the United States. 

Agnico is a company with a lot of exposure to gold, letting investors take advantage of long-term price movements. 

Though the company joins a long list of gold majors that reported losses in 2018, but its cash flow deficit is largely attributed to its growth in production and new projects coming online. 

Yamana Gold (NYSE:AUY, TSX:YRI)

Yamana, has recently completed its Cerro Moro project in Argentina, giving its investors something major to look out for. The company plans to ramp up its gold production by 20% through 2019 and its silver production by a whopping 200%. Investors can expect a serious increase in free cash flow if precious metal prices remain stable.

Recently, Yamana signed an agreement with Glencore and Goldcorp to develop and operate another Argentinian project, the Agua Rica.  Initial analysis suggests the potential for a mine life in excess of 25 years at average annual production of approximately 236,000 tonnes (520 million pounds) of copper-equivalent metal, including the contributions of gold, molybdenum, and silver, for the first 10 years of operation.

The agreement is a major step forward for the Agua Rica region, and all of the miners working on it. 

Eldorado Gold Corp. (NYSE:EGO, TSX:ELD)

Eldorado Gold Corp. is a mid-cap miner with assets in Europe and Brazil. It has managed to cut cost per ounce significantly in recent years. Though its share price isn’t as high as it once was, Eldorado is well positioned to make significant advancements in the near-term. 

In 2018, Eldorado produced over 349,000 ounces of gold, well above its previous expectations, and is set to boost production even further in 2019. Additionally, Eldorado is planning increased cash flow and revenue growth this year.

Eldorado’s President and CEO, George Burns, stated: “As a result of the team’s hard work in 2018, we are well positioned to grow annual gold production to over 500,000 ounces in 2020.  We expect this will allow us to generate significant free cash flow and provide us with the opportunity to consider debt retirement later this year. “

First Majestic Silver (NYSE:AG, TSX:FR)

Though First Majestic recently took a significant blow, as a strong dollar weighed on precious metals resulting in a poor quarterly earnings report, there’s still a lot of bullishness surrounding the stock. Adding to the negative numbers, however, was a string of highly valuable acquisitions which are likely to turn around for the metals giant in the mid-to-long-term. 

While it’s primary focus remains on silver mining, it does hold a number of gold assets, as well. Additionally, silver tends to follow gold’s lead when wider markets begin to look shaky. And with analysts sounding the alarms of a global economic slowdown, both metals are likely to regain popularity among investors. 

Further boosting its portfolio, the company also entered a share-repurchase program, as it feels that its stock is. at the moment, undervalued, and will benefit all shareholders by increasing the value of the stock. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

God Bless you my friend. 

I've been posting about this in my NESERA/GESERA thread. 

People, you DO NOT want ANY CASH left in the banks. 

YOU WILL LOSE IT. 

I use my bank as a clearinghouse only.  When I want to buy anything my paycheck can't cover I use my credit cards. Then my wife Deposits the funds in my checking account to pay off the credit cards. Every Friday after the bills are paid all extra cash is stored in my personal safe. 

The Dinar WILL REVALUE, but I STRONGLY SUSPECT that shortly after all banks will collapse. This will bring us under the Gold standard. Anyone who left their windfall from Dinar in the banks will lose their money. 

• Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

My mind is going nuts thinking about this article. We all know what the Petro Dollar is and how it helped usher in about 40 years of prosperity for the US as other countries had to buy their oil in US dollars. Since other Nations had to keep a rather large sum of US Dollars on had to purchase their oil the US became the de facto main Reserve Currency of the World.  Our Financial System became the safe haven for other Countries whenever there was a downturn in world business like the Iraq War, the Financial Meltdown in 08 and now Coronavirus!!!!   

Are we getting ready to return to the Gold Standard and are we creating a Gold Standard Dollar similar to what we have with the Petro Dollar. I’m probably wrong but something big and very exciting is coming down the pike.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Are we getting ready to return to the Gold Standard and are we creating a Gold Standard Dollar similar to what we have with the Petro Dollar. I’m probably wrong but something big and very exciting is coming down the pike.

I STRONGLY BELIEVE somewhere between 6/15/20 and 7/15/20.

But I would bet the Farm before November. 

We all feel it in our spirits.  We all know it in our hearts. 

There are forces at work here far greater than anyone can understand. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, southbeach said:

In summary, is he saying buy  Kinross Gold Corp, Agnico Eagle Mines, Yamana Gold, Eldorado Gold Corp, and First Magestic Silver right now,?  or is he saying to avoid the above in turbulent times?

Edited 1 minute ago by southbeach

What he he is saying is DO NOT OWN stocks of mining companies that mine in foreign countries that are not on our Ally List.  Those companies, (many are US companies) may have their mines nationalized. 

I do not own any miners right now but I will be watching Companies that mine in countries that are not on the Ally list.  I’ll be watching for a short possibly. Don’t take my word for it. Do your own DD.  I will need to dig a little deeper. Sometimes articles like this are written with a hidden agenda.  I wouldn’t rush out and buy anything based on one article.   If I see anything that I think is important I willl post it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I STRONGLY BELIEVE somewhere between 6/15/20 and 7/15/20.

But I would bet the Farm before November. 

We all feel it in our spirits.  We all know it in our hearts. 

There are forces at work here far greater than anyone can understand. 

LGD: This is hard to get my head around: So, you are storing paper cash as it is going to be a better store of wealth than digital cash? As that the digital cash will be reset? So, if someone has a $1000 digital bucks, it will be reset to, let's say, $100, or some other figure? And, any other debts, let's say a mortgage of $100,000 would then be $10,000 and so on? Lots of questions! Would crypto lose its buying power, too, in a reset?  

Edited by bkeiller
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

My mind is going nuts thinking about this article. We all know what the Petro Dollar is and how it helped usher in about 40 years of prosperity for the US as other countries had to buy their oil in US dollars. Since other Nations had to keep a rather large sum of US Dollars on had to purchase their oil the US became the de facto main Reserve Currency of the World.  Our Financial System became the safe haven for other Countries whenever there was a downturn in world business like the Iraq War, the Financial Meltdown in 08 and now Coronavirus!!!!   

I am taking a deep breath here:

So, is the underlying 'restructuring' idea that the petro-dollar/fiat currency 'world' is coming to an end and the only way to avoid a global bankruptcy/meltdown [caused by multiple macro factors, such as endless QEs, changes in technology (e.g., hydrogen, solar, new generation batteries), currency manipulators, fractional banking, the pandemic, etc.], is to return to the gold standard--returning to a system with a historical marker in limited supply (i.e., gold) to 'anchor' the value of the currency in a physical property, instead of an ethereal theoretical concept (i.e., the fiat money system)?

Phew! Not even sure if that Miltonic sentence makes sense. :)

Edited by bkeiller
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

God Bless you my friend. 

I've been posting about this in my NESERA/GESERA thread. 

People, you DO NOT want ANY CASH left in the banks. 

YOU WILL LOSE IT. 

I use my bank as a clearinghouse only.  When I want to buy anything my paycheck can't cover I use my credit cards. Then my wife Deposits the funds in my checking account to pay off the credit cards. Every Friday after the bills are paid all extra cash is stored in my personal safe. 

The Dinar WILL REVALUE, but I STRONGLY SUSPECT that shortly after all banks will collapse. This will bring us under the Gold standard. Anyone who left their windfall from Dinar in the banks will lose their money. 

Uncertain times ahead.. All previously planned ...All happening under the guise of “Covid 19.

And we wonder why the Sheeple are starting to revolt. JMO. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

So what are you saying, LGD?  

We shouldn't cash in our Dinar?  Just hold onto it?

How long are we supposed to hold onto it?

6 minutes ago, bkeiller said:

'world' is coming to an end and the only way to avoid a global bankruptcy/meltdown [caused by multiple macro factors, such as endless QEs, changes in technology (e.g., hydrogen, solar, new generation batteries), currency manipulators, fractional banking, the pandemic, etc.], is to return to the gold standard--returning to a system with a historical marker in limited supply (i.e., gold) to 'anchor' the value of the currency in a physical property, instead of an ethereal theoretical concept (i.e., the fiat money system)?

Phew! Not even sure if that Miltonic sentence makes sens

I have been trying to figure out what is getting ready to happen since the meltdown of 08.  We all know Fiat currencies have a lifetime of about 40 years on average before they basically bankrupt a nation.  I know from some of my banking friends that we came close to a Banking Collapse in 08.   These same friends told me to buy gold, silver, food, and bullets.  I was pretty unnerved talking to very respectable and non prepping individuals telling me to buy bullets and food.  

I wasn’t too worried until about 4 months ago when CV basically took our Economy DOWN in 2-3 months..  We all saw the Markets tank. If the Fed had not stepped in to save the credit markets we would probably have had a seized up, dead in the water banking System, and a possible Depression similar to the 1930’s.   Once we got a handle on how to navigate the CV then we got hit with Riots and looting and politicians who think it is ok to surrender parts of a major US City to a bunch of Marxists.  There is a lot of troubling things going on and I don’t believe for one second it is coincidence.  Something very big is getting ready to happen imo, and I’m not so sure it is going to be so great, at least for a number of months until we adjust to whatever is going to occur.  

I have to be totally honest, I don’t have all the answers, I’m trying to figure it out like everyone else.  One of the reasons I’ve been putting up a lot of posts on the Stock Market is because so many people own 401k’s and don’t even know what is in their funds.  When we have a sell off they say “it will come back, it always does”.  I’m not so sure about that and caution people to be on alert when it comes to your retirement monies.  

This Gold article is probably a fellow selling subscriptions to a newsletter but it did give a little snapshot into the possible return to a Gold Standard or a SDR based economic system which is EDigital.  If any of you people out there have it all figured out, I’m all ears.  In the meantime I will continue buying physical Gold, Silver, Cryptos, bullets and food. Haha.  Stay positive and stay in the good Grace of God.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Floridian said:

The Dinar WILL REVALUE, but I STRONGLY SUSPECT that shortly after all banks will collapse.

LGD, I do not think all banks will collapse. Many will but many will survive because they have had 12 years to prepare for what is getting ready to happen.  I know first hand that Chase owns tons of silver and gold!!!!!!  When we have these 35% sell offs who do you think is benefiting?  Big Banks of course.  They short em down, buy em back cheap, run them up, and pull the rug again.  The Stock Market is their own little rigged game.  

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, southbeach said:

If I may:

Yamana (AUY) is an Argentina based and not SWAP proof although I have some shares.

The others are SWAP proof.

Hope it helps,

Here is a list of countries where U.S. Federal Reserve SWAP Lines exist (think of them as Lifelines by the Fed):

1. Bank of Canada
2. Bank of England
3. European Central Bank
4. Bank of Japan
5. Swiss National Bank

On March 19, 2020, The U.S. Fed added temporary swap arrangements with:

6. Reserve Bank of Australia
 7. Banco Central do Brasil
 8. Danmarks Nationalbank (Denmark)
 9. Bank of Korea
10. Banco de Mexico
11. Reserve Bank of New Zealand
12. Norges Bank (Norway)
13. Monetary Authority of Singapore
14. Sveriges Riksbank (Sweden)

On April 7th, The U.S. Fed added temporary swap arrangements with:

15. Bank Indonesia (I highly suspect this was to negate the rising influence of China in the South Sea and prevent China from gaining Indonesia obedience for loans)

Is it just coincidence these are strong allies of the U.S.?

Edited by bigwave
finished the post
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, bkeiller said:

LGD: This is hard to get my head around: So, you are storing paper cash as it is going to be a better store of wealth than digital cash? As that the digital cash will be reset? So, if someone has a $1000 digital bucks, it will be reset to, let's say, $100, or some other figure? And, any other debts, let's say a mortgage of $100,000 would then be $10,000 and so on? Lots of questions! Would crypto lose its buying power, too, in a reset?  

As I'm understanding it, under the Gold standard all digital money will be illegal. Thus your digital money will vanish. 

13 hours ago, bkeiller said:

I am taking a deep breath here:

So, is the underlying 'restructuring' idea that the petro-dollar/fiat currency 'world' is coming to an end and the only way to avoid a global bankruptcy/meltdown [caused by multiple macro factors, such as endless QEs, changes in technology (e.g., hydrogen, solar, new generation batteries), currency manipulators, fractional banking, the pandemic, etc.], is to return to the gold standard--returning to a system with a historical marker in limited supply (i.e., gold) to 'anchor' the value of the currency in a physical property, instead of an ethereal theoretical concept (i.e., the fiat money system)?

Phew! Not even sure if that Miltonic sentence makes sense. :)

WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER 

13 hours ago, Floridian said:

So what are you saying, LGD?  

We shouldn't cash in our Dinar?  Just hold onto it?

How long are we supposed to hold onto it?

Wrong, if we go back to the Gold standard I wouldn't be surprised if that happened immediately after the RV. But before Gold and Silver EXPLODE. I'm NOT SUGGESTING anyone do anything. 

I'm only saying that I will be selling my Dinar and loading up on Gold and Silver. 

13 hours ago, Miamiheatnic said:

Not buying into "losing my money in the bank", definitely can understand a global reset and dinar of course but i'll be just fine with my money in the bank.  All is well

:tiphat:

13 hours ago, Pitcher said:

LGD, I do not think all banks will collapse. Many will but many will survive because they have had 12 years to prepare for what is getting ready to happen.  I know first hand that Chase owns tons of silver and gold!!!!!!  When we have these 35% sell offs who do you think is benefiting?  Big Banks of course.  They short em down, buy em back cheap, run them up, and pull the rug again.  The Stock Market is their own little rigged game.  

I'm not saying ALL BANKS will collapse. In fact most of the BIG BANKS will easily survive the change into the Gold standard. They've been buying metals for years now.  

What will change is how banks are going to run. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

08B60F76-59CE-4539-B55E-751992C9E8FD.thumb.jpeg.333b2c5e623d559daa7c973ff6671fae.jpeg

Above is a Daily chart of the Basic Materials Sector.  To the right is a list of some of the Gold Miners that were mentioned in the article above.  I’m not seeing anything unusual.  We have a pretty good sell off in the S&P 500 as well as the other major indices.  This chart looks almost identical to the S&P so nothing to get excited about imo.  I usually trade Gold, KL, AEM, and NEM.  I never hold these as an investment.  I will let you know if anything unusual comes up.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Gold Prices Near $1,800 As Investors Pile In To ETFs

By MINING.com - Jun 24, 2020, 2:30 PM CDT

The rally in the gold price gained fresh momentum on Tuesday as investors piled into physically-backed gold ETFs to secure hard assets amid expectations of continued global ultra-low or negative interest rates and currency debasement.

Gold for delivery in August, the most active contract on the Comex market in New York, touched a high of $1,786.10 an ounce, the highest since October 2012 and up 17% so far this year.

The last time gold traded above $1,800 an ounce was September 2011, but it ended that year at $1,565 an ounce.

The World Gold Council reported that Friday saw a massive 27.3 tonnes (974,000 ounces worth more than $1.7 billion at today’s prices) inflow into gold-backed exchange-traded funds (ETFs).

The world’s largest gold ETF – SPDR Gold Shares or GLD – received the lion’s share with Friday inflows of 23.1 tonnes or 742,492 ounces, coinciding with the expiry of June GLD options.

On Monday GLD hauled in another 6.7 tonnes, or more than 216,000 ounces, bringing total holdings to 1,166 tonnes (37.5m ounces) worth $66 billion, the highest since April and February 2013, respectively.

Rock beat paper, briefly

While launched a full 18 months after the first physically-backed gold ETF was created in Australia, GLD quickly dominated the market.

GLD was listed on November 18 2004 and saw a pretty good first day. Investors bought just over 8 tonnes, or 260,000 ounces of gold, affording the fund a net asset value of $115 million.

A mere two days later it would cross the $1 billion mark, and by the time Thanksgiving arrived the following week, gold bugs had snapped up more than 100 tonnes. The 1,000-tonne market would be crossed in February 2009.

On August 22, 2011, when gold was hitting record highs above $1,900 an ounce GLD became the largest ETF in the world briefly surpassing the venerable SPDR S&P 500 trust (assets today $273 billion) at a net asset value of $77.5 billion.

Gold holdings in the trust would peak more than a year later in December 2012 at 1,353 tonnes, or 43.5 million ounces.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Pitcher said:

The last time gold traded above $1,800 an ounce was September 2011,

I did a drill down on the gold charts today.  1800 is a Resistance point going back to 2011.  I’ve never been a big gold investor.  I own some as a hedge but if we break 1800 we might just be entering a nice multi year up trend.  Gld is a good ETF, but I prefer to own and trade stocks like AEM, NEM, Gold 

• Upvote 2

Ckay this guy states

The swap lines are a big tell on what is happening globally. Let me first explain what a swap line is.

Then his next statement is 

And if your favorite mining stock has significant production in what I call negative swap nations...

He never tells the reader what a "swap line" is but just goes on to discuss as if he already did. This is fear-mongering pure and simple. We may be going back to the gold standard but there is a reason why those CEOS have no friggin clue what a "swap line" is because it is made up by this guy who is trying to scare people. 

Define "swap line" then talk about "negative swap nations" because the author never explained what a "swap line" is. This reads as a scare-mongering commercial article to get you to buy something at the very end of the article. In other words it is a squeeze or landing page to capture your email in exchange for something so that you can be put onto a list where you then get emails trying to cajole you into buying something. Hence the links in the text taking you to other articles by the same author.

Wait there is more! At the very end of the article before he goes into other stuff...

Know the plan. Get the playbook.

Be prepared both mentally and financially for what to do if gold prices take a big hit to the downside.

Luck is being prepared when the opportunity arises. 

And you can get a head start by watching my exclusive presentation right here.

Did I call it right? I did. This is a scam article.

Edited by Theseus
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/23/2020 at 10:03 PM, Pitcher said:

This Gold article is probably a fellow selling subscriptions to a newsletter

On 6/23/2020 at 8:59 PM, Pitcher said:

I will need to dig a little deeper. Sometimes articles like this are written with a hidden agenda.  I wouldn’t rush out and buy anything based on one article

I believe you are correct as I mentioned the same thing in my posts above.

There was some interesting items in the article that I have never read before. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1