Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Thursday Evening Opinions @ 7:10 PM CDT - 6/18/2020

Good Evening Dinar Vets, here's several opinions & comments that might be of interest to you.  Remember, no one really knows what will happen, or when. They are simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq.  :twothumbs: RON

*** Mnt Goat   My CBI contact is still telling me that they are moving towards the completing the “project to deleting the zeros” this year, and sooner than later. Obviously, they are not going to give me exact dates. Other signs of what Iraq is up to tells us that movement is in the direction of the end of the month for something BIG. My expectation is the reinstatement of the dinar as this move it way overdue. I learned this week that Dr Shabibi was in fact at the Central Bank of Iraq working with them on the project to delete the zeros and mechanisms to roll it out. I HOPE THIS IS TRUE... LET'S GET IT DONE..! :easyrider:

*** RVAlready   Article quote:  "A directive was issued to all the banks in Iraq not to pay salaries this month until the income tax is applied at a later date.  When your treasury is down to one day’s operating budget, it is time to do that RV.   A no brainer if I ever saw one. AMEN...!

*** Ray   A directive was issued to all the banks in Iraq not to pay salaries this month until the income tax is applied at a later date.  Al-Kadhimi broadcast  on Iraqi TV stating that a surprise is coming to the citizens in an effort to calm them.  The citizens are mad about the decrease in their payments...NO SH-T..!  I'd be pissed off also...! 

:tiphat:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

Out with the Old in with the New:

After waaay too many years with dinars gathering dust and friends thinking I am crazy, here are my two cents, which is just a creative flight of fancy.

1. The 'New' smaller denomination Dinar will launch at 1:1 with the US dollar.
  2.  The currency will be pegged to a basket of currencies and the rate managed only when intervention is needed.
  3. There will be a buy back rate for the 'old notes.'
    1. That rate is likely going to be lower than we all hoped for in the US.
  4. For example, A million dinar of old notes will exchange for around $10,000 USD
    1. [If you have been holding for 15 years, still not a bad investment on a $1000.]
  5. No idea about the spread, but there will be one.
  6. Now this is where I get creative: There will be an 'Swap option/exchange option' for old currency to the new currency, that will be more favorable--maybe by 10-15%, or more. So, instead of taking that $10,000 USD cash, you will exchange for $11,000-$12,000 worth of the new Iraqi notes.  THAT, right there will represent one indicator, or stream, of international investment in Iraq.
  7. How much currency is 're-invested' in Iraq (see, iii--buying the new notes) will be one indicator of stability and direct foreign investment.
  8. There will be another ride for the folks who bought the new currency and want to take the gamble that the dinar will rise/float to a Saddam-era level of exchange rate.

Ooooh, and I just woke up and realized I had dreamt all of this! :)

Edited by bkeiller
typo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, bkeiller said:

Out with the Old in with the New:

After waaay too many years with dinars gathering dust and friends thinking I am crazy, here are my two cents, which is just a creative flight of fancy.

1. The 'New' smaller denomination Dinar will launch at 1:1 with the US dollar.
  2.  The currency will be pegged to a basket of currencies and the rate managed only when intervention is needed.
  3. There will be a buy back rate for the 'old notes.'
    1. That rate is likely going to be lower than we all hoped for in the US.
  4. For example, A million dinar of old notes will exchange for around $10,000 USD
    1. [If you have been holding for 15 years, still not a bad investment on a $1000.]
  5. No idea about the spread, but there will be one.
  6. Now this is where I get creative: There will be an 'Swap option/exchange option' for old currency to the new currency, that will be more favorable--maybe by 10-15%, or more. So, instead of taking that $10,000 USD cash, you will exchange for $11,000-$12,000 worth of the new Iraqi notes.  THAT, right there will represent one indicator, or stream, of international investment in Iraq.
  7. How much currency is 're-invested' in Iraq (see, iii--buying the new notes) will be one indicator of stability and direct foreign investment.
  8. There will be another ride for the folks who bought the new currency and want to take the gamble that the dinar will rise/float to a Saddam-era level of exchange rate.

Ooooh, and I just woke up and realized I had dreamt all of this! :)

1$ to a penny would be money made but would surely suck. I’d love to see at least 1$ to 10 cents 😬

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

B Keiller,  I don't think I agree with your "flight of fancy". Giving dinar 2 different values is something they said they would not do.  They stressed that the lower denoms would have the same value as the upper denoms.  Iraq has also talked about creating satellite banks.  What is to keep you from depositing your large bills into one of these banks and simply keep it as dinar?  This would stay at your 1-1 value (if that is what it is going to be) Dinar Thug posted an article yesterday :The prestige of Iraq:  The ultimate goal of Mustafa Al Kazemi"

I like that word PRESTIGE.  That means he cares about his country's standing, especially with his close neighbors.  The ones that have been successful because of their oil.  You have to think he dreams of having their exchange rate as a means to solving this financial pickle they' re in.  Of course this is just my opinion.

prestige

noun, often attributive

To save this word, you'll need to log in.

pres·tige | \ pre-ˈstēzh  , -ˈstēj \

Definition of prestige

1: standing or estimation in the eyes of people : weight or credit in general opinion
2: commanding position in people's minds
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3