Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

How many of us are old enough to have seen Oswald being shot ?

dinarham

I remember being taught to hide under my desk in the event of nuclear war and that the Bay of Pigs could trigger Russia. I remember where I was for Kennedy, Oswald and Kennedy deaths. I remember the crying, watching the news and hearing JFK had been assassinated.  

I did get to visit the building where allegedly Oswald shot JFK out the window. A very sobering visit. 

Edited by Sage449
Spelling
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I was sitting in may 3rd grade classroom, Miss Foster was the Teacher She was single and had rather large boobies) when they wheeled in the TV on the Stand so the Class Could Watch the event happen (After the fact of course) The room was pretty shocked and quiet then school was let out.

Karsten

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, Karsten said:

She was single and had rather large boobies)

Just wondering how this advanced this particular story line... ? I mean, I’m a fan..... I just don’t understand what this has to do with the moment in history LOL 🤣😂🤣

I thought it was Thugs telling the story for a minute. Just clowning around :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I brought this topic up because of the similarities between these very public murders ,both alluding to a deep state . I analyze the crowds of people , mostly peasceful protestors with signs ,all under 40. The vast majority have masks on  and there are more young women present than prior demonstrations .Most of the people are spectators with cameras . When you hear a commotion , and you are a young fast smart flatbelly , you go down there ,duh . What I see from the footage , the large majority of looters are young black men ,looking like they're cracked out . My poor country ,my poor President . I've balled my eyes out over this ,but i know the best is yet to come . 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I was in high school chemistry lab doing an experiment with hydrogen Part of the experiment was to take a tongue depressor on fire and insert  it into an upside down test tube that had hydrogen it. Near the end of the class an announcement went over the  loudspeaker the Challenger exploded as it was rocketing towards space. Another time I was in elementary and shot my little brother in the eye with a rubber band (laughed too as I remembered that Christmas story line, you will shoot your eye out) on New Year's night at bedtime. I heard sirens and saw them flashing on the interior walls of my home. I looked outside and saw flames rising above our elementary school that must have been 60 to 100 feet in the air. I rushed down stairs to tell my parents. They told me go back to bed because we had school in the morning. I told them several times to look out he window, My mom finally did look after refusing their orders to go to bed and her exact words were "Oh **** the school is on fire!" We lived within walking distance to the school and could see it from our back windows. It turned out the kids across the street didn't want to go back to school so they set it on fire. I remember where I was when the OKC bombing happened as I was in the war room of the local news station doing an intern gig. I was told to get sat coords and when I go them a female news producer started talking over me when I was giving them. I never saw someone get so reamed out that her head vanished into her sweater just like a turtle. The news director was notorious for throwing stuff at the talent like staplers, books, cups, and whatever was near at the time. He finally took a job in Raleigh NC. I remember the day Reagan got shot as I was watching it live. I also remember watching the 9-11 news coverage and  being on the phone with the VA and giving a blow by blow account of what was happening to her. She was scared. Then after hanging up walking into the living room and telling my dad who was living with us at the time that we had just been attacked. He didn't believe me once again because LSM said we weren't until about when the second plane hit. Go figure! But I don't remember the Kennedy assassination.  

Do these count? 

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 2

On 7/19/2020 at 3:12 AM, Theseus said:

I also remember running home so I would not miss the first video on MTV:

This matters more to "where were you when"  in one's life. Shows what's really important...Joy and a sense of wonder and curiosity for what makes life positive and cheerful. 

So much to be grateful for! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, justchecking123 said:

This matters more to "where were you when"  in one's life. Shows what's really important...Joy and a sense of wonder and curiosity for what makes life positive and cheerful. 

So much to be grateful for! 

Did I not say I was at home to answer the "where were you when"?

I was also at home when CNN came on line then I was at home when FOX News came on. I was at home when FOX broadcast channel came online. I also remember when AOL went unlimited to get onto the internet through their proxy service. I remember when AOL made my telephone bill cost me up to 800-1,000 USD per month. Sometimes more. I remember when Java came out and I still have a 1.1 Java training manual. I remember when there was no internet but local BBS and then doing the research to get most of the numbers so I could get on them when one was busy (or full).

Edited by Theseus
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Theseus said:

Did I not say I was at home to answer the "where were you when"?

I was also at home when CNN came on line then I was at home when FOX News came on. I was at home when FOX broadcast channel came online. I also remember when AOL went unlimited to get onto the internet through their proxy service. I remember when AOL made my telephone bill cost me up to 800-1,000 USD per month. Sometimes more. I remember when Java came out and I still have a 1.1 Java training manual. I remember when there was no internet but local BBS and then doing the research to get most of the numbers so I could get on them when one was busy (or full).

Appreciate all you bring here, Theseus. 

I remember as well. Fourth grade, Stephen F. Austin Elementary, Marshall, Texas. They took us all outside for an assembly by the flagpole and told us, then sent us home. By the way Theseus, that school was burned down by the kids on the next block. They didn't like to go to school either.