Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Washington will stop funding Iraq in one case, Trump's adviser says

Pitcher

Washington will stop funding Iraq in one case, Trump's adviser says

2020/06/01 13:18:18

/ The American professor and member of the advisory board of U.S. President Donald Trump, Gabriel Soma confirmed on Monday that the United States does not want to take its forces out of Iraqi lands, while noting that Washington will stop its financial support for Iraq if this happens.

"The United States of America does not want a confirmation by the Iraqi government to remove American bases at the present time," adviser Gabriel Soma told Shafaq News Agency.

"Removing the forces from the Iraqi territories will cause inconvenience to the United States that would make Washington stop its financial support for Iraq,” He added.

There are still about 5000 U.S. soldiers in Iraq, most of them in an advisory position, as part of a broader international coalition that has been formed to help Iraq counter and defeat ISIS fighters.

Washington accuses armed groups backed by Iran of carrying out missile attacks and bombing regularly bases hosting American forces and the area surrounding the American embassy in Baghdad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

".....the United States does not want to take its forces out of Iraqi lands, while noting that Washington will stop its financial support system">support for Iraq if this happens."

If this is the case, why have they already moved soldiers out of 5 bases in Iraq?  It doesn't make any sense.

I thought Trump said if they wanted our soldiers out, they would have to pay for the bases we built.

They're telling 2 different stories here.

Edited by Floridian
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

None of it makes sense when it comes to Iraq.  

YEP👍

34 minutes ago, gregp said:

They moved them to different bases. 

YEP, again 👍

I’d like to think there’s a heap O stuff going on behind closed tent ️ flaps with this mob of misspent youth that will in some way deliver us from the Iraqi Twilight Zone. There I go thinking 🤔  again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

20 hours ago, Pitcher said:

None of it makes sense when it comes to Iraq.  

I would respectfully say, none of it makes sense when it comes to Trump, he say's one thing but means another.

We Brits across the pond watch Trump for the comedy he brings to the world, i thought our Boris  was the fruitcake leader, but Trump tops it hands down, he is in the top five conversations over here, all for the wrong reasons

, oh so much promise for you guy's.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 11

Thanks for your Input.  If you want to discuss Trump we have a Politics Forum.  You can express your thoughts over there.  BTW, I could give a rats a** what your opinion is about our President.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

4 hours ago, Pitcher said:

BTW, I could give a rats a** what your opinion is about our President.

Well, Then Ur Probably A Better Person Than Me - Because I’d Give Him A RayRat’s A$$ ! :o

After It’s Been Passed Around The Prison Cell ... 

:D  :D  :D 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

On 6/1/2020 at 6:29 PM, Floridian said:

".....the United States does not want to take its forces out of Iraqi lands, while noting that Washington will stop its financial support system' target='_blank' style=">support system">support for Iraq if this happens."

If this is the case, why have they already moved soldiers out of 5 bases in Iraq?  It doesn't make any sense.

I thought Trump said if they wanted our soldiers out, they would have to pay for the bases we built.

They're telling 2 different stories here.

No. Its the same story. Train Iraqi forces so they can standup their own forces to fight their own enemies. So they have consolidated their bases that will house the remaining 5,000 troops ... still consistent.  As far as paying for the bases , they are suppose to be paying us for the whole war we fought for them. Perhaps we will get paid for the bases then ? Perhaps the US Gov has enough IQD to pay for all of the costs of being in Iraq once the IQD rv's . Go IQD. Go RV now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, new york kevin said:

No. Its the same story. Train Iraqi forces so they can standup their own forces to fight their own enemies. So they have consolidated their bases that will house the remaining 5,000 troops ... still consistent.  As far as paying for the bases , they are suppose to be paying us for the whole war we fought for them. Perhaps we will get paid for the bases then ? Perhaps the US Gov has enough IQD to pay for all of the costs of being in Iraq once the IQD rv's . Go IQD. Go RV now. 

Okay, that makes sense. 

Thanks, Kevin.  😊

• Upvote 1