Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

HOPIUM FANS ONLY!!!

KristiD

Due to the ongoing drought of any real hopium lately, I'm going to put out just a tiny amount of hopium here.  I've always said Iraq will RV when least expected.  I'm sure the CBI knows that many people are anticipating the RV, and financial prudence dictates that they cannot give any hint of the timing because it would cause chaos as people scramble to accumulate as much dinar as they can, as quickly as possible.  But we already know that the currency dealers are out of stock on dinar and that the prices have doubled on ebay in the last several months, so we've already seen a small run on dinar recently so clearly a lot of people are expecting the RV soon.  So when I read that Kazemi will be in DC on Augsut 20th, I thought that day, or really any day up through the 20th, would be a time when the RV is NOT expected to happen.  I say that because many people think Trump/the US has some input about the the timing of the RV (though I personally don't agree) and these people are now expecting the RV to happen AFTER Kazemi's visit with Turmp.  So IF Iraq was going to initiate the RV when it's least expected, now until the 20th,  would at least be a such window.

I realize this theory is pretty flimsy, and honestly, I think Sept/Oct seem more likely.  But as one of hopium's biggest advocates, I'm sharing what little I got because I think we all could use a least a tiny shot of hopium!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 7

12 hours ago, Pitcher said:

Damn, everyone wants to give me a test.  We’ve been through this before.  I don’t like tests but I liked the tutors.  I was just messing with you because you have a good sense of humor, Mary, Mary, who had a Little Lamb and was a leave it to beaver driving a 1974 pinto.  😝 

Nope No Pinto. A 1966 Pontiac Executive, 2 door.  Maroon. Daddy bought from our next door neighbor.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, KristiD said:

I realize this theory is pretty flimsy, and honestly, I think Sept/Oct seem more likely.  But as one of hopium's biggest advocates, I'm sharing what little I got because I think we all could use a least a tiny shot of hopium!

Thank you for your thoughts KristiD.  I think you’re as correct as any guru.  

I pronounce you a GURU!!!

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Smokey Mtn. Dinar said:

Nope No Pinto. A 1966 Pontiac Executive, 2 door.  Maroon. Daddy bought from our next door neighbor.

Well, I bet you got tired of being the butt of the joke and just got even.  I’m glad you didn’t drive a pinto.  No car person would ever be caught in that pile.  

23F84F4E-9F40-4068-8288-935106F4AEDE.gif.51860d7de5b55a25dd75b0f6a3742f39.gif

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Pitcher said:

Well, I bet you got tired of being the butt of the joke and just got even.  I’m glad you didn’t drive a pinto.  No car person would ever be caught in that pile.  

23F84F4E-9F40-4068-8288-935106F4AEDE.gif.51860d7de5b55a25dd75b0f6a3742f39.gif

I drove that Pontiac my senior year of high school, then got a Good ford, and drove that to school, about 25 miles away. A local community college. But back then it was called a "technical institute".  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Smokey Mtn. Dinar said:

I worked at a garage all through HS.  I drove anything fast.  I bought and traded Mustangs, Mo Par, GTO’s and Camero’s, and one Vette. I was doing the Street Outlaws thing 53 years ago, but we didn’t have the HP those racers drive now days.  We raced for 50 bucks and one time for titles.  That’s how I got one of my Mustangs .  Those were some fun days.  Totally.dumb but fun.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I guess I would drive it too if it were free.  That car and the Vega were the end of the Muscle Car era and the beginning of the demise of Detroit and the American Dominated Auto Factories.  Terrible time for US autos in the 70’s.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

I worked at a garage all through HS.  I drove anything fast.  I bought and traded Mustangs, Mo Par, GTO’s and Camero’s, and one Vette. I was doing the Street Outlaws thing 53 years ago, but we didn’t have the HP those racers drive now days.  We raced for 50 bucks and one time for titles.  That’s how I got one of my Mustangs .  Those were some fun days.  Totally.dumb but fun.  

If you could see what the mountain roads in West Virginia look like it would scare you to death, especially knowing that them mountain boys, like my dad, would race on them roads! :o   

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Smokey Mtn. Dinar said:

If you could see what the mountain roads in West Virginia look like it would scare you to death, especially knowing that them mountain boys, like my dad, would race on them roads!

Never drove WV but I’ve driven in northern NM and Colorado.  Some of those roads were pretty hairy.  I’m sure your father was one tough mountain man and didn’t have much fear of anything.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

KristiD.....You are still in charge of The Hopium Mojo.....And I believe it will be in late September early October...

Just by Adam's preparedness for getting the RV Text Service ready..... tells us something is brewing....

Keep the Mojo Flowing!!!....It's coming.....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nannab said:

I drove a Pinto only because I won it from a radio station  :lol:

Yes it had the blow up gas tank to boot so I was told.

IN 1976 I got a Pinto that my dad bought for me. I was a teenager and it was my first car, so I wasn’t going to say ‘no thanks’  😁  I drove it for 2 years, no issues. Nice little car, actually! 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DinarThug said:

The Central Bank establishes a banking relationship with Euroclear Bank

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSEOGVjdHeA23Pte-Zyl

9th August, 2020

The Central Bank of Iraq announces that it has completed the procedures for establishing a banking relationship with Euroclear Bank , which is one of the internationally known institutions in the field of securities preservation and investment, and manages bonds for central banks estimated at $ 15 trillion.

He confirms that this achievement will contribute to strengthening the international relations of the Central Bank of Iraq and simulating international practices in the field of reserves management.

The Central Bank of Iraq
information Office
9 August 2020

################

LINK

The Central Bank announces the establishment of a banking relationship with Euroclear Bank

10308.jpg

9th August,  2020

The Central Bank of Iraq announced, on Sunday, that it has established a banking relationship with the Euroclear Bank Foundation, which specializes in preserving and investing securities

In a statement received by Al-Eqtisad News, the Central Bank said that it had  completed "the procedures for establishing a banking relationship with Euroclear Bank, which is one of the internationally known institutions in the field of securities preservation and investment

It "manages central bank bonds estimated at $ 15 trillion," he added

"This achievement will contribute to strengthening the international relations of the Central Bank of Iraq and emulating international practices in the field of reserves management," the Central Bank affirmed in the statement

###############

The Central Bank Establishes A Banking Relationship With Euroclear Bank    LINK

LINK

The Central Bank establishes a banking relationship with Euroclear Bank

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSEOGVjdHeA23Pte-Zyl

9th August, 2020

The Central Bank of Iraq announces that it has completed the procedures for establishing a banking relationship with Euroclear Bank , which is one of the internationally known institutions in the field of securities preservation and investment, and manages bonds for central banks estimated at $ 15 trillion.

He confirms that this achievement will contribute to strengthening the international relations of the Central Bank of Iraq and simulating international practices in the field of reserves management.

The Central Bank of Iraq
information Office
9 August 2020
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Additional Info On The Article Above From Delta ...

:D  :D  :D 

GREAT ARTICLE.... CBI START MOVING ....

Euroclear Bank

Euroclear Bank is the premier provider of settlement and related securities services for cross-border transactions involving domestic and international bonds, equities, derivatives and investment funds. We offer clients a single access point to post-trade services covering domestic securities from over 40 markets.

Euroclear Bank is also a single-purpose settlement bank, authorized to provide helpful banking services to facilitate on-time settlement.

Euroclear Bank is strictly risk averse. With AA+ and AA ratings by Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor’s, respectively, Euroclear Bank ranks among the highest rated companies within the financial industry - for over a decade.

Meeting your international needs

Transaction settlement  we provide settlement services for transactions in bonds, equities and funds. These include over-the-counter as well as certain stock exchange transactions, free of payment or against payment in over 50 settlement currencies. Asset servicing – our asset servicing covers all steps in the life cycle of a security, from the distribution of a new issue to timely and accurate custody-related services. Collateral management – our global Collateral Highway helps you source and mobilize collateral domestically and across borders. Third-party securities lending services can supplement your portfolio returns. Dedicated fund service  our Fund Settle International service supports both the buy and sell sides of fund distribution, providing automated order routing, settlement and asset servicing.

DELTA

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DinarThug said:

The experience of the central bank and the economic reform law

22378.jpg

9th August, 2020 by Samir Nasiri

Information and media statements indicate that the Iraqi parliament is still insisting that the government present its plan for comprehensive economic reform for the next stage in the form of a law for economic reform to be submitted to the council within 60 days, more than half of which have passed

The information also indicates that the financial reform cell formed in the Council of Ministers has been working for two months on developing plans and studies and discussing the main foundations and observations to overcome the economic crisis and prepare the 2021 budget and is trying to draw its plan for economic reform in implementation of the request of the House of Representatives

I believe that for the government to form a cell for economic reform with the aim of presenting, discussing and studying Iraq's economic problems and finding solutions and treatments for radical and comprehensive reform, the experience of the Central Bank of Iraq during the post-2015 economic and security shocks has proven its success in supporting the national economy and its attribution in overcoming the crisis of falling prices Global oil, and ISIS’s occupation of a third of Iraq after mid-2014

The Central Bank of Iraq continues its approach to stimulating the national economy during the years 2016-2020 in accordance with its strategy, building capabilities and developing the banking sector in order to move to the developmental role and contribute to financing investment and reconstruction projects and to continue to maintain the stability of the exchange rate as the main achievement of policy implementation Cash is one of its important goals, which has positive implications for revitalizing the economy and achieving stability in the monetary system and the financial system, based on working on the government's call to diversify sources of revenue, not relying on oil as a primary source of revenue, and not encouraging and supporting domestic production. Because the reason is not the supply but the demand for the dollar for the above reasons

It also requires the government to benefit from the bank’s strategy for the next five years to implement 21 projects to develop and develop the banking business after it was able to achieve most of the main and subsidiary objectives of its first strategy for the years (2016-2020). The world class banks are sober, with the certificate of specialized international financial organizations

One of the strategic banking projects, whose objectives and future impact have been determined according to a timetable for each project, the periods of implementation and reaching the goal during the years (2019-2023) are limited to development projects related to achieving financial inclusion, such as salary domiciliation and projects to restore confidence in the banking sector, such as a deposit guarantee company project and projects for structural development. And administrative and legal projects such as the Governance Guide project, projects for training and qualification, capacity building, classification of banks, and projects to move banks from the role of banking to contributing to development, such as the combined Islamic finance project

It must be noted here that although the bank has started planning for these projects since 2016, it is also committed to what is stated in the government curriculum, as far as the banking sector is concerned, and what the National Development Plan (2018-2022) targeted and Iraq 2030 vision

The central bank’s emphasis on working according to the approach it has adopted to achieve economic reform since 2015 is the consolidation of a fact that the Central Bank and its current management embodies a bright spot in an unstable economic environment for subjective and objective reasons, the most prominent of which is the experience of the Central Bank in supporting the national economy while maintaining its functions and its objectives specified in its law, and its contribution to achieving economic steadfastness and strengthening the decisive victory over terrorism

In addition to the results achieved on the scope of monetary policy applications domestically and convincing international financial organizations, the most important of which is the official reports issued by them, confirming the success of the central bank’s policy in achieving an important transition for the Iraqi economy. In addition to its numerous contributions and initiatives to revitalize the economic cycle and enhance liquidity at banks, to reach a re-extension of coordination bridges between the fiscal and monetary policies, and to propose new economic and structural policies to prepare public budgets for the coming years on the basis of programs rather than items and attempts to restore confidence in the banking system

The Central Bank has demonstrated its clear ability to interact, analyze obstacles to work, and create conditions to overcome challenges, and due to the exceptional efforts made by the bank, the last of which was the re-deduction of 8 trillion dinars for the purpose of financing and enabling the government to pay the salaries of employees, retirees and social care. I invite the government to interact with the bright points and experiences of the Central Bank and sing them with their ideas, visions and proposals to build a solid national economy

Comment By Delta At The Bottom ...

:D  :D  :D 

LINK
The experience of the central bank and the economic reform law

22378.jpg

9th August, 2020 by Samir Nasiri

Information and media statements indicate that the Iraqi parliament is still insisting that the government present its plan for comprehensive economic reform for the next stage in the form of a law for economic reform to be submitted to the council within 60 days, more than half of which have passed

The information also indicates that the financial reform cell formed in the Council of Ministers has been working for two months on developing plans and studies and discussing the main foundations and observations to overcome the economic crisis and prepare the 2021 budget and is trying to draw its plan for economic reform in implementation of the request of the House of Representatives

I believe that for the government to form a cell for economic reform with the aim of presenting, discussing and studying Iraq's economic problems and finding solutions and treatments for radical and comprehensive reform, the experience of the Central Bank of Iraq during the post-2015 economic and security shocks has proven its success in supporting the national economy and its attribution in overcoming the crisis of falling prices Global oil, and ISIS’s occupation of a third of Iraq after mid-2014

The Central Bank of Iraq continues its approach to stimulating the national economy during the years 2016-2020 in accordance with its strategy, building capabilities and developing the banking sector in order to move to the developmental role and contribute to financing investment and reconstruction projects and to continue to maintain the stability of the exchange rate as the main achievement of policy implementation Cash is one of its important goals, which has positive implications for revitalizing the economy and achieving stability in the monetary system and the financial system, based on working on the government's call to diversify sources of revenue, not relying on oil as a primary source of revenue, and not encouraging and supporting domestic production. Because the reason is not the supply but the demand for the dollar for the above reasons

It also requires the government to benefit from the bank’s strategy for the next five years to implement 21 projects to develop and develop the banking business after it was able to achieve most of the main and subsidiary objectives of its first strategy for the years (2016-2020).000068medium_gifWhich has become possible to start the process to achieve the full objectives of monetary policy and move to the ranks of the global banks sober , with the certificate of specialized international financial organizations

One of the strategic banking projects, whose objectives and future impact have been determined according to a timetable for each project, the periods of implementation and reaching the goal during the years (2019-2023) are limited to development projects related to achieving financial inclusion, such as salary domiciliation and projects to restore confidence in the banking sector, such as a deposit guarantee company project and projects for structural development. And administrative and legal projects such as the Governance Guide project, projects for training and qualification, capacity building, classification of banks, and projects to move banks from the role of banking to contributing to development, such as the combined Islamic finance project

It must be noted here that although the bank has started planning for these projects since 2016, it is also committed to what is stated in the government curriculum, as far as the banking sector is concerned, and what the National Development Plan (2018-2022) targeted and Iraq 2030 vision

The central bank’s emphasis on working according to the approach it has adopted to achieve economic reform since 2015 is the consolidation of a fact that the Central Bank and its current management embodies a bright spot in an unstable economic environment for subjective and objective reasons, the most prominent of which is the experience of the Central Bank in supporting the national economy while maintaining its functions and its objectives specified in its law, and its contribution to achieving economic steadfastness and strengthening the decisive victory over terrorism

In addition to the results achieved on the scope of monetary policy applications domestically and convincing international financial organizations, the most important of which is the official reports issued by them, confirming the success of the central bank’s policy in achieving an important transition for the Iraqi economy. In addition to its numerous contributions and initiatives to revitalize the economic cycle and enhance liquidity at banks, to reach a re-extension of coordination bridges between the fiscal and monetary policies, and to propose new economic and structural policies to prepare public budgets for the coming years on the basis of programs rather than items and attempts to restore confidence in the banking system

The Central Bank has demonstrated its clear ability to interact, analyze obstacles to work, and create conditions to overcome challenges, and due to the exceptional efforts made by the bank, the last of which was the re-deduction of 8 trillion dinars for the purpose of financing and enabling the government to pay the salaries of employees, retirees and social care. I invite the government to interact with the bright points and experiences of the Central Bank and sing them with their ideas, visions and proposals to build a solid national economy  

THE ARTICLE IS MISSING HUGE IMPORTANT PART WHICH THE TRANSLATION DID NOT PICK FOR SOME REASON..

مما أصبح من الممكن أن يبدأ البداية العملية لتحقيق كامل أهداف السياسة النقدية والانتقال إلى مصاف البنوك العالمية الرصينه

"Which has become possible to start the process to achieve the full objectives of monetary policy and move to the ranks of the global banks sober"

DELTA

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 7

My favorite guru whose name I cannot say if I want to post a link, did an new audio yesterday.  You can listen to it here.

He says Iraq is working hard toward the RV and they want to align with the US (because of the global economic crash from Covid, with the US best positioned to come out on top), so Iraq needs to get set up to be on the US' SWIFT banking system first.  I can see in the news section that there are repeated articles that address Iraq getting it set up so that makes sense to me.  He's also very optimistic for the US, says the dollar won't crash, gold will come back down and the US will be the source of the 4th industrial revolution, which will make the US and the US dollar dominant for the next 100 years!   While this is just one man's opinion, he is a smart man with a lot of experience and knowledge about geopolitics, finance and economics, so he's worth a listen to.

Gooooo RV!!!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2