Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

HOPIUM FANS ONLY!!!

KristiD

I haven't posted much hopium for a while because I haven't seen anything that was making me hopeful for an imminent RV.  Today I read a little something from guru Jeff (who I no longer think knows how the RV process needs to work, but who I still think is an honest guy, doing his best to try and make sense of the news so I listen to him with an open mind), which gives me a smidgeon bit of hope.  I can't say that I've noticed a lot of disinformation myself, but I only peruse the News section and although I haven't noticed what I'd term "disinformation", there does seem to be a lot of "opinion" articles lately, and I think you could view them as disinformation I guess......  Anyway, this is what he said:

10-8-2020  Newshound Guru Jeff  ...It's interesting the new direction that the dinar has gone...roughly about a week and a half ago remember I told you I saw new a new pattern...there's no news coming out.  Nothing is happening in Iraq.  The level of lies and BS and misleading news has escalated big time.  They're just lying to us left and right now...it's a very strong disinformation campaign - exactly like China and Kuwait did right before they changed their rates.

And since I'm posting, I'll share something else that I definitely consider great hopium, even though it's not about the RV happening soon.  Last week I got a chance to ask Breitling a couple of questions and he clarified that he still thinks the rate needs to be around $.56.  I made the comment that, "of course it could only come in at $.10" and I was pleasantly surprised that he replied (paraphrasing) "Not really, $.10 won't be enough for Iraq, they really need around $.56".  Breitling is now the only guru I contniue to trust, and while I know he won't always be's right, I am excited to learn he feels so confident in the rate coming it at over $.50.  Personally, I would be so thrilled with that.  Of course who doesn't want more, but to at least have a reputable economics/finance guy who's well-versed in the IQD, feel strongly that the rate should be at least that high, makes me very happy! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 8

40 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

Slacker ! :o 

Me And Bro 6ly Have Been Doing All Of The Heavy ‘Lifting’ Around Here Lately ! :cheesehead:

image.gif.d1408759dce8f8047ac597832b81a68e.gif

Sheesh ...

:D  :D  :D 

Thugie your the best! Been watching all the news you're bringing! Go on with your bad self, sparkle and shine you're all that and a bag of chips!!! 

Thuggiegroupie 4 evera!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DinarThug said:
Finance Minister: We will present the white paper for reform to the cabinet next Tuesday

image.jpeg.dd0c14b3a7a3de7828dfd37b2a9c7ee1.jpeg

10/10/2020 12:48:03 PM  

Baghdad / Al-Masalla: The Minister of Finance, Ali Abdul Amir Allawi, revealed, on Saturday, October 10, 2020, the date for submitting the reform paper to the Council of Ministers and its contents.

Allawi said in a statement followed by the obelisk: "We will present the white paper for economic reform to the cabinet next Tuesday."  

He added, "The paper includes a diagnosis of the origin of economic problems and treatments that will be difficult, but there is no alternative to them." 

"We have a problem in providing salaries for the remaining months of the year without voting on the borrowing law," Allawi said, pointing out, "We will deal with increasing the interest rate on bank loans by reducing it."

LINK

Comments By MilitiaMan ...  :o 

:D  :D  :D 

What is the take away from that the White Paper that was due out on August 24th, 2020,

and to date has not been fully finished and sent into the Parliament with the final amendments?

Why is Tuesday the 13th the day the cabinet is to get the White Paper back?

As you will see below the Parliament has seen the papers

and they were returned on the same day to be amended, yet to arrive.
Now realize, the Government and the CBI dictate the rate within the papers and or past or present budgets.

We have not only not seen the White Papers Amended,

we have not seen the 2019 FML Amendment nor the 2020 Budget, yet.

It should be clear to everyone that there is a reason for that.

The reason, is the most important and sensitive issue we have before us.

Which is the rate that is in the documents that will need to be exposed prior to the 2021 ever getting to the ground floor.

Just as the Salaries are said to be paid and not yet paid?

According, to the below they have yet to be paid.

Again why is that?

Because, none of the three aforementioned items have been finalized, yet. 

They require imo the new rate.

Just as getting into a market economy needs it too.

In fact requires it..
Directly below they, tell us 09/18/2020 they will send the White Papers to the PFC in the middle if next month.
Well Tuesday the 13th is right on time or a tad early for the WPs to arrive.

They have even told us on the 10/09/2020 they will repeat the "delay" in Salaries until they expose the rate effectively. imo

But, notice below they say they will not repeat that what was done in regard to the September Salaries for subsequent future months ahead. 

Why the change in tune over a 24 hour period?

Well the WPs are apparently going to the Cabinet again

and likely with the amendments to paragraphs within them on the 13th.

I'll bet key paragraphs that were left out for a reason when the PFC had them.

A very sensitive one.

One that will or would have exposed the exchange rate,

hence, the repetitive delays in paying salaries to date. 
Will they pay tomorrow, as they suggest below?

Don't know, but if they do will it be at a program rate or not?

That is to be determined,

however, they could have paid them already at a program rate and have not due to liquidity issues,

nor could at a new rate with out having one yet.. lol 

As far back as 06/22/2020 they talk about the Fiscal and Monetary Policy

and have again recently.

That fact they are talking about Fiscal Policy is rate sensitive,

just as interest rates are.

Allawi talks about interest rates above and a problem with providing salaries for the months ending 2020.

Yet, it does say he had a diagnosis for that and it will solve the problem.

Raising the value will fix it and will allow for the borrowing law to be voted on..

It will have to be, as the rate is the law to be for 2021, 2022 and 2023 from the looks of it.

Lets see what the day brings tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday the 13th, a day when the US Mint will adjust Silver Pricing.

Coincidence? Don't know, but if the US Mint adjusts large?

It may not be one..

imo  Iraq is now ripe for investors,

as we witnessed with the IMF,

the WB, WTO, BIS, EBRD, EuroClear, IBBC, etc..

All are in town to help the country be successful.

I am very optimistic they have every intention to go to a market economy!! 

imo ~ MM

- MilitiaMan

2020-09-18 11:29

Shafaq News / The Parliamentary Finance Committee revealed, on Friday, that the government will send the reform paper to the House of Representatives in the middle of next month.

Committee member Jamal Cougar told Shafaq News Agency, "The government will present the reform paper to the House of Representatives in the middle of next month," noting that "the paper includes reducing the salaries of higher and special posts while preserving the salaries of employees."
He added that "the paper that the Ministry of Finance is preparing will include several reforms, including the spending fields, stopping waste, operational and investment budgets, and providing the appropriate environment for foreign companies to invest."
On Monday, June 22, 2020, Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kadhimi announced the details of the paper prepared by the Council of Ministers, which includes economic, financial and administrative reforms.

He pointed out that mismanagement and fully dependence on oil revenues is what led Iraq to this difficult economic situation, and “we seek to address it by working to activate the agriculture, industry, tourism and investment, and other sector.”

https://shafaq.com/en/Iraq-News/Disclosure-of-details-about-the-governmental-reform-paper

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, DVdave said:

Currently only 0.0008 USD to the IQD. That's some uplift!

I see 2m IQD on eBay UK for £4k ($5k roughly). $2m for nothing 😀

You can find it much cheaper at some currency exchange places. Ex. 2million iqd for $2000 usd.

Might be a hold due to high demand but worth checking. Actually, there is a guy on YouTube that is finding it available in UK I believe. Pimpys investment chat on YouTube. He typically promotes the website in the first 5 min of his videos

• Thanks 2

The Central Bank of Iraq calls for the licensed banks to provide it with statements of strengthening the assets abroad of these banks according to (Form No. 4) on the date specified by the instructions to sell # foreign currency numbered (2251/6) on (7/17/2017), otherwise the violating bank will be referred to Sanctions Committee of this bank # Iraq12: 46 AM Oct 11, 2020

ttps://twitter.com/cbiraq/status/1315173460608507906?s=20

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

The Central Bank of Iraq calls for the licensed banks to provide it with statements of strengthening the assets abroad of these banks according to (Form No. 4) on the date specified by the instructions to sell # foreign currency numbered (2251/6) on (7/17/2017), otherwise the violating bank will be referred to Sanctions Committee of this bank # Iraq12: 46 AM Oct 11, 2020

# The Central Bank of Iraq announces "the launch of the electronic platform for letters of guarantee in which the letters 'information will be recorded by the authorized banks". It includes in its work the downloading of the letters' data by the authorized banks through accessing them and with different powers, provided that the bank is responsible for the accuracy of the data # Iraq
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Iraqi, Kurdish leaders slam demographic changes in disputed areas

2 hours ago
Zhelwan Z. Wali

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region — Top Kurdish leaders met with Iraqi President Barham Salih in Erbil on Monday to discuss the recent security agreement on Shingal, as well as demographic changes in the disputed areas.

"The meeting threw its support behind a recent agreement between the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government to normalize the situation of Shingal and facilitate the return of IDPs home," according to a readout about the meeting published by the Kurdistan Region Presidency on Monday afternoon.  Kurdistan Region's President Nechirvan Barzani, Prime Minister Masrour Barzani, Parliament Speaker Rewaz Fayaq and vice president Mustafa Said Qadir were present at the meeting.

The leaders "rejected any efforts to change the demography of the disputed areas" and they called "on the federal government to lay out a mechanism to secure peace and security in the disputed areas."

A concerted effort under former President Saddam Hussein, mostly between 1970 and 1978, brought Arabs from elsewhere in Iraq to the disputed area of Kirkuk. After 2003, however, Iraq began a policy of de-Arabization to reverse the demographic changes.

Within the framework of Article 140 of the Iraqi constitution, land was returned to the previous Kurdish inhabitants. But since 2017, when Kurds lost the military and administrative ruling of the province to a major military incursion by the Iraqi forces, there have been reports of Arab settlers reclaiming these lands.

Kirkuk is disputed between the federal government and the KRG, and is home to Kurdish, Arab, Turkmen, and Christian inhabitants. Other disputed territories lie in the provinces of Nineveh, Diyala and Salahaddin.

Article 140 of the Iraqi constitution was supposed to have resolved the issue of the disputed provinces by 2007, but successive governments have failed to implement the steps outlined in the provision.

The province's southern district of Daquq, and the town of Sargaran west of Kirkuk city are the flashpoint of ongoing Arabization efforts since October 2017.

Baghdad on Friday reached a deal with the KRG over the governance and security of the disputed district of Shingal in Nineveh province, according to Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi’s spokesperson.

Kadhimi “sponsored a historic agreement which will bolster the federal authority in Shingal as per the constitution in terms of governance and security,” tweeted Ahmed Mullah Talal.  

The deal “ends the authority of intruding groups and paves the way for the reconstruction of the city and the full return of its people in coordination with the Kurdistan Regional Government,” he added.

Shingal is the homeland of the Yezidis, most of whom remain displaced six years after the Islamic State (ISIS) committed genocide against the minority group. Since ISIS was ousted from the area, multiple civil administrations and armed groups have sought to stake a claim. There are as many as six armed groups vying for control, including federal and regional forces, Iraqi militias, and groups affiliated with the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK). Turkey has launched airstrikes on Shingal, targeting groups aligned with the PKK.  

Monday's meeting also shed light on Erbil-Baghdad budget issues.

"The meeting expressed its support for efforts made by both sides towards a once-and-for-all agreement on the problems and pending issues in a direction that protects the constitutional rights and entitlements of the Kurdistan Region in particular and of Iraq in general," the readout detailed.

The KRG is deep in talks with Baghdad, hoping to cement a once-and-for-all agreement over the budget and oil. They reached a temporary deal in mid-August that should see the federal government sending 320 billion dinars ($268 million) per month in order for the KRG to pay its civil servants for August, September, and October.  

Kurdish officials have openly said they cannot pay civil servants without money from the federal government. The KRG has not paid public sector employees on time or in full since Baghdad stopped sending funds in April.

Both the regional and federal economies are heavily dependent on oil and were dealt a major blow when oil prices collapsed in April because of the coronavirus pandemic. Officials from both governments made admissions acknowledging state economic mismanagement. KRG PM Barzani said in the parliament last week that his government is at least $28 billion in debt.
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3