Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

HOPIUM FANS ONLY!!!

KristiD

FROM SOCIAL MEDIA 20 HOURS AGO...... There's no currency auction 

that's been cancelled by the cabinet's latest decision........ 

DELTA

20 minutes ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

I wish Delta had been a little more specific about the source of this info rather than just “social media”... 

He Probably Got It From The Goat’s Contacts At The Livestock Auctions On FleeceBook ! :o 

Goat Screams GIF

:D  :D  :D 
  • Haha 8

6-2-2020   Newshound Guru Kaperoni   As for the dinar's value, it is not at a program rate.  That is guru's taking a directive from the IMF and misrepresenting that meaning.  The dinar exchange rate is it's real rate... The currency is already an internationally-recognized currency they just haven't accepted IMF Article VIII making international banks more willing to want to engage in commerce with it.

Time to refresh Kap's memory: 😅🤭

Press Release: 
IMF Executive Board 
Approves US$3.6 
Billion Stand-By 
Arrangement for Iraq
February 24, 2010 

Iraq: Letter of Intent, Memorandum of Economic and Financial 
Policies, and Technical Memorandum of Understanding

According to Shabibi

II. DEFINITIONS
3. For purposes of monitoring under the program, a program exchange rate will be used. This program exchange rate will be set at ID 1,170 per U.S. dollar.

The program exchange rate will be used to convert into Iraqi dinars the U.S. dollar value of all CBI foreign assets and liabilities denominated in U.S. dollars, as required. For CBI assets and liabilities denominated in SDRs and in foreign currencies other than the U.S. dollar, they will be converted in U.S. dollars at their respective SDR-exchange rates prevailing as of December 31, 2009, as published on the IMF’s website. 

//

3 times Shab said program exchange rate. 😎

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, GregHi said:

Great initial post KristiD!!!

Also great post and question Pitcher..

I have always hoped for a 1:1 rate but have been grounded at 10 cents. Both of my Iraqi friends (the Kurd and the Shia) both laughed when I told them the dinar would appreciate in value so they were no help.. but more than 10 years ago now my brother who is a banker had his quarterly meeting with the banks owner and my brother asked him, “I hear you own Iraqi Dinar”? The owner replied “Yes, about 20 Mil”. My brother asked “do you really think it will go up in value?“ his response was “According to my Congressman friend it will”.. My brother then asked, “what will the value increase to”? His response was “I don’t know, .10 cents”??? My brother then went out and bought some Dinar off of eBay after the meeting.. to me, it sounded like the bank owner didn’t really know what the value may RV to, but his guess of .10 has always been my bottom line since then.. If .10 was his wild guess or a possible rate he hard from his friend the Congressman, I guess we will never know till it happens but I’m hoping for a buck.. ;) 

Very interesting inside info Greg!!

I imagine that speculating on what a rate might be changes over time. This conversation took place more than 10 years ago, maybe .10¢ was a good guess at the time. So many factors go into calculating a workable rate, and those factors and circumstances change from year to year. Maybe  .10¢ is still their best option, maybe it’s significantly higher.. who knows? 
Like everyone else here, I just wish they’d do something!! 

• Upvote 7

On 6/1/2020 at 2:00 PM, DinarThug said:

Bruce Will Be Wearing The Famous ‘Prince’ A$$less Chaps Outfit …

But the "guy" really knows how to do "Casual Friday".

Then heads home for a Shirley Temple on the rocks

after he hits Redbox for anniversary edition of Pretty In Pink:lol:

956712751_brucecasualfriday.thumb.jpg.987819ecc863dbb7dc8d72aa4db73c06.jpg

• Haha 7

16 hours ago, GregHi said:

I have always hoped for a 1:1 rate but have been grounded at 10 cents.

I think $.10 is a good, conservative choice for planning purposes.  That's a 17 fold increase which seems very doable, especially since they purposely decreased the rate so drastically to around 1/20 of a penny after the fall of Saddam.  However, I think these new, low oil prices now justify them raising the rate as high as they think they can possibly manage.  So I think the chances of it coming it at $1+/- have never been better.  But like you, I'm good at $.10, and if that's all it is, I'd still be super stoked that it actually, finally RVed!  

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, ScaryMary said:

Did anyone hear about the lower denominations coming out and value being added to the rate?

I got a text (from a reliable source) saying the citizens are being alerted to this.

ScaryMary,  Please Please let it be TRUE....I truly believe our time is here IMHO....😁😁👍👍🙏🙏

GO RV & RI

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, ScaryMary said:

I got a text (from a reliable source) saying the citizens are being alerted to this.

Did This ‘Reliable Source’ Happen To Rhyme With Either ‘Spruce Or Squeegee’ ? :o 

Were They Bigger Than A Breadbox ...

’Fruit’ Or Vegetable ...

• Haha 10
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ScaryMary said:

Did anyone hear about the lower denominations coming out and value being added to the rate?

For what it's worth, I saw in the last couple of days that Delta, (one of the gurus that I have zero confindence in), who supposed speaks Arabic and watches Iraq TV, said that Iraq has been announcing that on TV.  However for years, Iraq has been talking about increasing the value of the dinar.  Apparently, even when they dropped the rate to 1/20 of a penny in 2003 (or whenever it was), they even the people then that they would one day give the value back to them.  BUT Iraq - or any country - would not, and cannot announce that they're going to RV shortly.  If they did that it would be pandemonium.  People would go out robbing people, stores, banks and no doubt hurting and killing people in the process.  They absolutely have to keep the timing of a coming rate increase hidden.  They can't even hint that it's about to happen soon because that would also trigger pandemonium and rampant crime.  So I would assume that something was said, but that it was just talking about it in general, or recommending it, and not indicating a specific time frame, only that adding value to the dinar is on the horizon at some point.  This is what they've been doing for years, after all. 

That said, xchangeofAmerica.com is still out of dinar and the prices for dinar on ebay are almost double what they were a month or so ago.  So clearly many people are gobbling up dinar and the likely reason would be that, all of the sudden, a lot more people now believe in the RV.  If you read my initial post in this thread, I stated I think this weekend (probably early Sunday morning), is a potential RV date because the ISX will be closed until that day and the currency auctions have not taken place since May 21 and may not start up again until then too.  To me, it seems like having the financial markets closed while they set up everything to effect the RV, could be helpful.  So when I see both the auctions and ISX stopped/closed at the same time, that puts me on alert for a potential RV to happen during that period.  Although, I can't say that closed financial markets are necessary for the RV, it's just my personal opinion that it might make it easier for them to do it then. 

Anyway, I doubt the text you got is a legitimate indication that the RV is about to happen, but still I think there's good reason to be excited and hopeful.  Iraq is bleeding millions of dollars every month.  They are out of money to run the government and looking to borrow it from wherever they can get it.  But if they just RV, all the dinar they hold will suddenly be worth 17 to 100 times or more what it's worth now which gives them a really nice cushion and takes the pressure off.  And it would really make the protestors happy too, a market rate on the dinar was on the list of 10 items they presented to the government back in Oct/Nov.  Now that they've good a good PM in and approved, and with his Cabinet basically complete, surely RV has to be high on their list of things to do.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, tigergorzow said:

ScaryMary,  Please Please let it be TRUE....I truly believe our time is here IMHO....😁😁👍👍🙏🙏

GO RV & RI

@tigergorzow my brother reads more than anyone I know. He told me about this investment. He follows actual news and lets me know what is going on, all over the world.  I usually don’t post about anything he shares with me out of respect for him and I wait to see if it is posted here first. I swear over the last year everything he tells me shows up as reliable verified information within 48 hours or less.  Soooooo we wait with s@#t-eating grins on our faces. Our time is here!!!!!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, KristiD said:

BUT Iraq - or any country - would not, and cannot announce that they're going to RV shortly.  If they did that it would be pandemonium.  People would go out robbing people, stores, banks and no doubt hurting and killing people in the process.  They absolutely have to keep the timing of a coming rate increase hidden.  They can't even hint that it's about to happen soon because that would also trigger pandemonium and rampant crime.

Mmmm, looting and robbing going on in the USA.  Maybe they know something.  😝 😆 

E4308E4E-44E6-418E-8899-FF31812B2F57.gif.0652327632770b4f9626a68f20a31168.gif      67AE593B-207F-4E1E-9B4E-0C1F998E74C1.gif.4b96c65c67854485e8a19bb8dbde64b4.gif

• Haha 10

32 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

CNN. Broadcasting The Logic That it is possible to talk about raising the price of the currency Revaluation !

Conscious / reduce the Iraqi dinar exchange rate ... punish people

D0F24BBB-54C4-4933-BFA5-C04C634C8EB6-800

/ d. Hussein al-Asadi

June 3, 2020 

Iraq is going through extremely sensitive conditions, as the Iraqi economy faces a real challenge after the catastrophic failure to find alternatives to selling crude oil. I confirm here the sale of crude oil and not the oil refining industry and the petrochemical industry. 

Iraq is one of the largest oil reserves in the world, as it has 147.2 billion Barrel according to explorations in 2018, or 8.5% of the balance's global reserves - - and yet he annually imports 3.3 trillion Iraqi dinars in oil products - the annual report of importing Iraq 2018, the Central Statistical Organization 2019 - and he imports energy worth 7 trillion Iraqi dinars - the 2019 budget Iraqi facts: Issue 4529 on 11/11/2019 - all of which can be produced in Iraq, as well as other resources such as agriculture, various industries, trade, tourism, etc., 

With no Sovereign Wealth Fund that provides additional imports and a portfolio to protect the future of generations, especially in times of crisis, Iraq today Asking for aid to pay the salaries of employees and retirees is that what enters the treasury is not equal to a quarter of what Iraq needs to cover salaries only.

The financial budget for the year 2019 was allocated to the salaries of retired civilians and the military (9,316,652,417,000) Iraqi dinars, and the salaries of employees equal (43,404,629,267,000) Iraqi dinars For the year 2019, the amount is (52,721,281,684,000) Iraqi dinars, which means that Iraq needs monthly (4,393,440,140,000) Iraqi dinars, and if we take into consideration that the Iraqi dinar exchange is 1,200 dinars per dollar, it means that Iraq needs monthly to (3,660,000,000) approximately one dollar, while the GDP of Iraq is approximately (1,100,000,000) dollars for the month of March and (1,200,000,000) dollars approximately for the coming months, as Iraq needs (2.5) billion dollars approximately per month to cover monthly salary expenses only, this is regardless of other needs,

And to address This catastrophic failure began to raise some voices in order to reduce the Iraqi dinar exchange rate against the US dollar in order to increase the budget number and reduce the deficit in it, and I find it necessary to clarify some of the terms, so the reader may be surprised by the ignorance of many of those who speak in this field, and perhaps they are among those in important positions of responsibility. 

Floating Exchange Rate: 
A floating currency is the rate of currency that has floated so that it has become fully liberalized, so the government or the central bank does not interfere in determining it directly, but it is automatically generated in the currency market through the Supply And Demand mechanism that allows By setting the exchange rate of the national currency against foreign currencies, this term corresponds to the fixed price of the currency exchange 

Fixed Exchange Rate:
A specific price will be set against a major global currency (usually the US dollar, but also other major currencies such as the euro, yen, or basket of currencies), in order to maintain On the local exchange rate, the central bank buys and sells its own currency on the foreign exchange market for the currency in which it is linked. 

Devaluation:
is the devaluation of the official exchange rate of this currency against an international reference currency (the US dollar or the euro, for example), so that the number of units of foreign currency that can be obtained against one unit of the national currency is low, and it is correct to talk about devaluation when it is The exchange rate is subject to the direct management of the government or the central bank, which determines this price through a government decision, 

and according to the same logic, it is possible to talk about raising the price of the currency Revaluation in exchange for reducing it, and this is when the exchange rate is subject to the direct management of the government or the central bank as well, and we note that the reduction The price of the currency and its elevation are within one framework which is the fixed exchange of the currency, 

but when the exchange rate is subject to the forces of supply and demand (floating the currency) and there is a decline in the value of this currency, depreciation of the currency, the decline is an automatic result of the free interaction between supply and demand in the foreign exchange market without interference Direct from the government or the central bank,according to For the same logic, we can talk about the rise in the value of the currency Appreciation versus its decline, and we note that the rise and fall of the currency price within the currency float.

Since Iraq works within the fixed fixed rate system, we can talk about reducing and raising the exchange rate of the currency, and here I do not want to differentiate between the two systems, each of them has its conditions despite the market economy and its idea that the state should not interfere in economic activities and let the market control itself 

It operates a system of floating the currency and its price depends on the iron principle of supply and demand, but the actual conditions of Iraq do not allow for reasons that are too long to be explained. 

Countries with a fixed exchange rate resort to reducing the currency exchange rate for economic reasons to improve their balance of trade mainly due to an increase in domestic production versus the importer. The currency reduction makes the difference between the outside and the inside and reduces the importer in front of the exporter, and this assumes that there is internal production It covers the local need and wants to preserve it and export it abroad, but in the Iraqi case, unfortunately, there is no industry, no agriculture, no internal production, it covers the local need as well as being an exporter, as Iraq has nothing to export other than Crude Oil, and I speak here As for the reality of what is there and not what I am calling for, the total imports for the year 2018 for commodities and petroleum products amounted to (37) billion dollars, equivalent to (43.8) trillion Iraqi dinars, and the total imports for the year 2018 for the non-oil commodities (34.1 dollars), i.e. Equivalent (40.5) One trillion Iraqi dinars, and Iraq has no need to reduce the exchange rate, but it is sufficient for it to prevent the import of any material that can be dispensed with.

As for the real effect of the devaluation, it is the direct punishment for the Iraqi people, if we know that 6 million Iraqis receive a salary or aid from the Iraqi government and the number of individuals The Iraqi family is 5 people, we are talking about about 30 million Iraqis who live on what they receive from salaries or aid from the Iraqi government, all of these will be affected by this procedure, because inflation occurs.

Inflation in prices is due to the low purchasing power of the Iraqi dinar, so the family that could have lived in a million dinars An Iraqi after the currency devaluation has become worth 500 thousand dinars, and if she receives a number that is a million, therefore she will live in great distress due to this reduction,
and the other affected are the owners of internal debts in the local currency, which amount to about 40 trillion dinars, which represent treasury transfers and debits with banks The government and the central bank for companies, contractors, and merchants, and if they are a number, it will remain that the Iraqi government owes them to 40 trillion, but after the devaluation they will owe 20 trillion on the assumption that it has been cut in half.

As for the external debtor, it remains the same because in foreign currency the dollar or the like.

Another issue remains here is the confidence of investors and companies in the currency after the devaluation is much less because the stability of the currency is one of the factors that encourage investment and entry in projects as well as problems related to economic feasibility after the devaluation, which is the basis of the intervention of the government or the central bank in fixing the exchange rate or only for work The principle of floating currency from the beginning. 

Hence, we believe that those who seek to actually depreciate the currency are punishing the Iraqi people because of the wrong policies and economic failure that brought the country to this situation, as the people in this bear the mistakes of politicians and are punished instead of them.

LINK

Comment By Delta Regarding The Article Above ...

I DID REPORT TO YOU FAMILY LAST WEEK THAT CBI IS COMING OUT WITH NEW RATE....WE ARE FASTER THAN ARTICLE.........000043medium_gif

DELTA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 8

12 hours ago, ScaryMary said:

Soooooo we wait with s@#t-eating grin on our faces.

My dachshund, Elliott, knows we have IQD and has been doing this a lot lately.

Coincidence?  Hmmmmm….I think NOT. :twothumbs:

Crusoe the Dachshund on Twitter: "Is this a good smile ...

• Haha 9