Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana Weekly 27 May 2020

Adam Montana

30 minutes ago, Floridian said:

@ladyGrace'sDaddy

I thought of something else.

If you agree that the dollar will collapse, I understand buying gold and silver, of course.  But why did you suggest VND and other emerging currencies?

Are you saying that only the dollar is going to collapse and all the currently worthless currencies are suddenly going to be worth a lot?

Our houses are going to be worth $15,000 instead of $100,000?  So are you saying America "going to hell in a hand basket" and all the other countries will do great?

I'm just trying to make some sense of all this.

It's really very simple. There's two ways this can happen, first the dollar collapses and we go to the Gold standard. Second, Trump declares we're going back to the Gold standard and stops the manipulation of the value of Gold and Silver. In which case Gold and Silver will immediately jump to G. @ $25,660 an ounce and Silver goes to @$3098 an ounce.  

The law states from 1792.....

Even in the early history of the United States, the Mint and Coinage Act of 1792 established a gold/silver ratio of 1:15. (According to the law, one US dollar is defined as 1.604 grams of pure gold, or 24.1 grams of pure silver. ... In our modern times, the ratio average is around 55 ounces of silver per ounce of gold.

President Trump has been making moves to return to the Gold standard for some time now. At first I didn't believe but when he Nationalized the Federal reserve and began talking about eliminating the payroll taxes and the Capital gains tax it became much more clearer. 

After going back to the Gold standard it will become necessary to deflate the dollar, as in reduce the quantity of currency in circulation. Thus reducing the perceived value of all items, like real estate. In actuality nothing is cheaper, it's just that the dollar will have exceedingly more purchasing power. 

The downside is that if you owe $150,000 dollars on your home today you will still owe that money after the switch to the Gold standard. But if you make $2,000 a week today after the switch you will only make a fraction of that Still needing to pay off the loan. In layman's terms you will go bankrupt.  Owning Gold and Silver is the only hedge against this. 

For example,  if you bought 100 ounces of Silver today you would have spent around $1800 dollars. But after the switch you will be the owner of @ $309,000 in Silver. 

Likewise, if President Trump does this before the collapse of the dollar, then switching to the Gold standard would require all countries in the world to bring their currencies to their real value under the Gold standard. So you would be owner of a much higher valuation.  

I know that this is extremely complicated but that only stands for me as evidence that this is real. We all know full well that nothing government does is simple. 

And again the documentation of the events that are in preparation for this are easily found on the net. 

• Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Floridian said:

Our houses are going to be worth $15,000 instead of $100,000?  So are you saying America "going to hell in a hand basket" and all the other countries will do great?

America is not “going to hell in a hand basket”, and if America does go down the rest of the countries will be doing a lot worse.  Make no mistake we are currently going through a very difficult time.  If the Dollar does collapse there will be something to replace it.  All you can do is try to reduce, your debt load, have some hedging apparatus in place to help in case of a total collapse.  I’m talking about gold, silver, crypto, foreign currencies, things to barter like alcohol, weapons, bullets, and of course toilet paper ( TP, haha).  

Try not to worry too much.  We are probably getting ready to go off the Fiat currency status and we may go back to the gold standard or something that values our dollar or a new US currency that will be digital, or SDR based.  As a country we may have to go through an adjustment period but as long as we remain Free we’ll be fine.  

I always tell my kids during tough times when things aren’t going your way, stay positive, work hard, look for opportunities, stay away from alcohol and drugs, and stay away from doom and gloom people.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

For example,  if you bought 100 ounces of Silver today you would have spent around $1800 dollars. But after the switch you will be the owner of @ $309,000 in Silver

I just want to caution everyone before they sell everything and go all in on Gold or Silver, the US Government does have a History of making it illegal to hold physical Gold.  

On April 5, 1933, FDR by Executive Order 6102,  “forbids anyone from hoarding Gold”. Silver did get a pass at that time but who know what could happen if the dollar does collapse.   Be smart and spread your resources into a basket of hedging apparatuses like I described in the previous post.  Yes, I do own physical Gold and Silver, but only as a hedge or a bridge to get through a tough period.  (About 5% of my net worth).  I might also caution you not to keep your physical Gold and Silver in a bank vault.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_coin

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, 3KINGS said:

just curious LGD , how does one go about buying silver? and what do you buy? coin, bars ?

I get mine at Apmex.com.  I’ve never had any problems and in the past I have sold some of my gold back to them with zero problems.  I’m sure there are many more sites but I have used these guys for over 14 years and found them to be trustworthy.

I buy Bars mostly but I also have some rare coins and Silver Eagles.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

America is not “going to hell in a hand basket”, and if America does go down the rest of the countries will be doing a lot worse.  Make no mistake we are currently going through a very difficult time.  If the Dollar does collapse there will be something to replace it.  All you can do is try to reduce, your debt load, have some hedging apparatus in place to help in case of a total collapse.  I’m talking about gold, silver, crypto, foreign currencies, things to barter like alcohol, weapons, bullets, and of course toilet paper ( TP, haha).  

Try not to worry too much.  We are probably getting ready to go off the Fiat currency status and we may go back to the gold standard or something that values our dollar or a new US currency that will be digital, or SDR based.  As a country we may have to go through an adjustment period but as long as we remain Free we’ll be fine.  

I always tell my kids during tough times when things aren’t going your way, stay positive, work hard, look for opportunities, stay away from alcohol and drugs, and stay away from doom and gloom people.  

I know, I know.  I was just trying to get LGD to clarify his posts.

I have another question.  😂  Always a question, right?

You and LGD both stated owning foreign currencies as a hedge.  Why?  If the dollar collapses, won't foreign currencies collapse too, or are some foreign currencies backed by gold?  If so, which ones?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

It's really very simple. There's two ways this can happen, first the dollar collapses and we go to the Gold standard. Second, Trump declares we're going back to the Gold standard and stops the manipulation of the value of Gold and Silver. In which case Gold and Silver will immediately jump to G. @ $25,660 an ounce and Silver goes to @$3098 an ounce.  

The law states from 1792.....

Even in the early history of the United States, the Mint and Coinage Act of 1792 established a gold/silver ratio of 1:15. (According to the law, one US dollar is defined as 1.604 grams of pure gold, or 24.1 grams of pure silver. ... In our modern times, the ratio average is around 55 ounces of silver per ounce of gold.

President Trump has been making moves to return to the Gold standard for some time now. At first I didn't believe but when he Nationalized the Federal reserve and began talking about eliminating the payroll taxes and the Capital gains tax it became much more clearer. 

After going back to the Gold standard it will become necessary to deflate the dollar, as in reduce the quantity of currency in circulation. Thus reducing the perceived value of all items, like real estate. In actuality nothing is cheaper, it's just that the dollar will have exceedingly more purchasing power. 

The downside is that if you owe $150,000 dollars on your home today you will still owe that money after the switch to the Gold standard. But if you make $2,000 a week today after the switch you will only make a fraction of that Still needing to pay off the loan. In layman's terms you will go bankrupt.  Owning Gold and Silver is the only hedge against this. 

For example,  if you bought 100 ounces of Silver today you would have spent around $1800 dollars. But after the switch you will be the owner of @ $309,000 in Silver. 

Likewise, if President Trump does this before the collapse of the dollar, then switching to the Gold standard would require all countries in the world to bring their currencies to their real value under the Gold standard. So you would be owner of a much higher valuation.  

I know that this is extremely complicated but that only stands for me as evidence that this is real. We all know full well that nothing government does is simple. 

And again the documentation of the events that are in preparation for this are easily found on the net. 

Thanks, LGD. 

Reading this over and over and trying to formulate a response.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, 3KINGS said:

just curious LGD , how does one go about buying silver? and what do you buy? coin, bars ?

I do mine through Provident Metals. I have never had a problem and they have a Military discount. 

https://www.providentmetals.com

I do bars - 10oz and up. I do have some Rounds as well (1 oz - like the old silver dollar). 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Okay, I think I know what I want to say now.  😂

Well first, thanks so much LGD for going into such detail.  I really appreciate it.

If the above happens, a million Iraqi Dinar would be worth $25,660,000,000.

Then we'd all be billionaires or multi-billionaires.  Move over, Jeff Bezos!   😂

Could this be where "deleting the 3 zeros" comes in?

If they delete the zeros on 1,000,000 Dinar, it becomes 1,000 Dinar. Then, under the gold standard, that 1,000 Dinar would become

$25,660,000.  I could live with that!  🙏

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Floridian said:

You and LGD both stated owning foreign currencies as a hedge.  Why?  If the dollar collapses, won't foreign currencies collapse too, or are some foreign currencies backed by gold?  If so, which ones?

@Pitcher

No need to answer.  I might have figured it out.  See above.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Floridian said:

Floridian, I am no expert on any of what may or may not happen.  I gave you my opinions and what I have done. Others may have other strategies so everyone will have to choose what’s best for them and how to allocate funds for those hedging apparatuses.  I started getting more serious about every aspect of my finances, including putting in a hedge strategy, after the Financial Melt down in 08.  Everyone should have some sort of diversity and hedges in their retirement strategy.  

To answer your specific question about currencies I have the feeling like many that a number of countries will be leaving the Fiat Currency status and going to a gold backed, SDR, or E Digital set up.  Some currencies like the US Dollar, the Euro, the Yen and others will probably be worth less if that happens.  Others like maybe the South Korean Won, VN Dong, Iraqi Dinar, and some others may rise in value.  That is all based on a big fat maybe as we all know holding our Dinar.  This is why I advise people to spread out or diversify their “maybe hedges”.  I read where Chuck owns some different  currencies, crypto and was going to buy some metals.  Smart in my book.  I own a basket of currencies from Mexico, Costa Rica, Russia, India, Iraq, Vietnam, South Korea and Canada.  I don’t own huge sums, just enough as a hedge.  They could be all worthless at some point and I know that.  

I read all the posts on this site and others where people are going all in on Crypto, or Metals or currencies like the Dinar and I just shake my head.  There are a lot of people who make a lot of money peddling Doom and Gloom.  I remember in the Late 70’s it was everywhere.  “If you just buy my book I’ll show you how to survive the Crash” I have over 20 books in my library from that period and after 2008.  In my opinion you should have a hedging strategy and that should be no more than 10% of your net worth.  Don’t bet your entire retirement on a gamble that may or may not happen.  

A word of caution for those who are going all in with these hedges, if you get an opportunity to cash in, an opportunity that could change your life,,,,,,,DO IT!!!!   Those opportunities usually don’t last.  Yes, keep some back, but have an EXIT strategy.  Quick example, I had a nice stash of silver in 1980.  When it started spiking I started unloading, not all at once and I left some to keep forever.  It helped me buy a fabulous home in the country.   After the spike it came right back down.  Do you remember Bitcoin spiking to 18k.  Many foolish people held, ALL THE WAY DOWN TO 4K.   Take some profits if you get a chance.  

• Thanks 4

46 minutes ago, 3KINGS said:

went to apmex and it looks like 10 oz bar is selling for just over 205.00, and silver is at just under 18.00 oz. sound about right? i know dealers have to make a profit.

Yes, but they always have sales.  Try to get the best prices.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Yes, but they always have sales.  Try to get the best prices.  

Also check the mark up. Normally the higher you go the cheeper it is. Then check the different Mints. RCM is normally .9999 and comes with a premium, where State Street or Ampex should be cheaper. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Pitcher said:

I just want to caution everyone before they sell everything and go all in on Gold or Silver, the US Government does have a History of making it illegal to hold physical Gold.  

On April 5, 1933, FDR by Executive Order 6102,  “forbids anyone from hoarding Gold”. Silver did get a pass at that time but who know what could happen if the dollar does collapse.   Be smart and spread your resources into a basket of hedging apparatuses like I described in the previous post.  Yes, I do own physical Gold and Silver, but only as a hedge or a bridge to get through a tough period.  (About 5% of my net worth).  I might also caution you not to keep your physical Gold and Silver in a bank vault.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_coin

I also would like to add HR 2558. Just something to think about. All depending on Trump getting back in and caring the Upper and Lower Houses. Also, if one of the other countries move to a Gold back currency then others will be forced to follow. Much like a digital currency would force all to participate. 

Shown Here:
Introduced in House (05/07/2019)

116th CONGRESS
1st Session

H. R. 2558

To define the dollar as a fixed weight of gold.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
May 7, 2019

Mr. Mooney of West Virginia introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Financial Services

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pitcher said:

A word of caution for those who are going all in with these hedges, if you get an opportunity to cash in, an opportunity that could change your life,,,,,,,DO IT!!!!   Those opportunities usually don’t last.  Yes, keep some back, but have an EXIT strategy.  Quick example, I had a nice stash of silver in 1980.  When it started spiking I started unloading, not all at once and I left some to keep forever.  It helped me buy a fabulous home in the country.   After the spike it came right back down.  Do you remember Bitcoin spiking to 18k.  Many foolish people held, ALL THE WAY DOWN TO 4K.   Take some profits if you get a chance.  

Great advice, Pitcher!  Excellent!

I learned that lesson years ago, holding onto stocks.  I always thought the price would keep going up.  Learned the hard way that prices also come down.    

• Thanks 4

5 hours ago, 3KINGS said:

I bought rounds though I would also consider bars. As a trucker the amount I can spend is finite so I will stay away from the collectors items myself. 

5 hours ago, Floridian said:

I don't see the dollar collapsing, though I'm well aware of that possibility. Rather it appears that what is happening is more along the lines of a quote,  unquote global reset of all currencies Back to the Gold standard. 

As Pitcher says, by diversifying your portfolio in underrated currencies you will make out well. 

4 hours ago, 3KINGS said:

In which case Gold and Silver will immediately jump to G. @ $25,660 an ounce and Silver goes to @$3098 an ounce.  

where do these figures come from?

Go to U.S.Debt clock. Org and at the bottom of the page you will find the Dollar to Silver and Dollar to Gold ratios. As it was explained to me those numbers are what both metals are worth if we we're under the Gold standard. It has to do with our debt and the actual amount of physical currency in circulation. 

2 hours ago, NoviceInvestor said:

@ladyGrace'sDaddy Thank you for opening a good discussion 🙏🏻😊

:tiphat:God bless you my friend 

• Thanks 6
  • Upvote 4

Going back to a Gold Standard - Trump nominee for Fed Chair.

Judy Lynn Shelton (born 1953 or 4, age 66 or 67) is an American economic advisor to President Donald Trump.[1] She is known for her advocacy for a return to the gold standard and for her criticisms of the Federal Reserve.[2][3][4] Trump announced on July 2, 2019, that he would nominate Shelton to the Fed, and her nomination is currently pending in the Senate.[5][6][7]

• Thanks 5
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ChuckFinley said:

.[1] She is known for her advocacy for a return to the gold standard and for her criticisms of the Federal Reserve

Thank you for bringing this. Judy is not a Washington swamp rat. In point of fact I was quite surprised that President Trump even knew of her. She's about as down to earth as anyone can get. These types of moves by President Trump are a major part why I know what's coming. 

Also I have personally met Secretary Pompeo at my Church before Trump nominated him to run the CIA. Secretary Pompeo is also a very staunch supporter of returning to the Gold standard.  President Trump is surrounding himself with people who want to return to the Gold standard.  And he's doing things that are moving us towards that goal. 

• Thanks 5
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

Going back to a Gold Standard - Trump nominee for Fed Chair.

Judy Lynn Shelton (born 1953 or 4, age 66 or 67) is an American economic advisor to President Donald Trump.[1] She is known for her advocacy for a return to the gold standard and for her criticisms of the Federal Reserve.[2][3][4] Trump announced on July 2, 2019, that he would nominate Shelton to the Fed, and her nomination is currently pending in the Senate.[5][6][7]

Judy Shelton has also said that the U.S. would turn back to "Gold in a Crypto currency kind of way" See Ripple/ XRP !!!!!!

• Thanks 3