Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq decides to stop importing gas and electricity from Iran

Baghdad Post Saturday, May 23, 2020 05:23 PM

Iraq decides to stop importing gas and electricity from Iran

ED44F4C7-F994-4CCA-ADBB-C248D62743DB
Iraq decided to stop importing gas and electricity from Iran.

Finance Minister Ali Abdul-Amir Allawi said in a tweet on him / Twitter /: "In implementation of the decisions of the US Treasury, we have decided to abide by not extending the exemption granted to Iraq from the sanctions imposed on the import of gas and electricitfrom Iran

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Good news. This will really fry those ayatollahs. Abiding by USA wishes and cutting off yet another income stream for the trolls running Iran. Hope Iraq has a good backup plan in place.

As POTUS Trump might say...."I atollah you not to mess with the US !!"

:twothumbs:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 3

I mentioned it last night LB.  Doesn’t it just appear that a lot of the news is going the way we want to see it go.   We have beem at this point so many times in the past.  You know, where it just seemed like it might go,,,,,,but it didn’t for so many different reasons.  For whatever it’s worth, things just seem different this time. Too many things are changing and changing in record time, especially for Iraq.   I’m not cheerleading, I’ve been around to long to do that but I’m getting a little more interested in the dream.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Pitcher said:

I mentioned it last night LB.  Doesn’t it just appear that a lot of the news is going the way we want to see it go.   We have beem at this point so many times in the past.  You know, where it just seemed like it might go,,,,,,but it didn’t for so many different reasons.  For whatever it’s worth, things just seem different this time. Too many things are changing and changing in record time, especially for Iraq.   I’m not cheerleading, I’ve been around to long to do that but I’m getting a little more interested in the dream.

Nothing wrong with “the dream”

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Pitcher said:

Haha blueskyline, I hope I’m not getting all crazy for nothing, AGAIN.  😂 😆 

If you can’t go crazy around here from time to time, there’s no point in sticking with this investment. Either you have faith that the RV will happen, or you should get out, right?  I kinda enjoy the crazy once in a while! I’m an optimist and I appreciate the well informed opinions of fellow optimists like you!  Cheers Pitcher! Here’s to RV2020! 🥂 🍻 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Where is the dog that didn't bark?....to use an old Sherlock Holmes cliche

What I mean is, sure Iraq has decided to stop importing gas and electricity from Iran. Sure that's a big big deal. Sure it hurts Iran. Sure it strengthens Iraq. Sure it weakens the hold that Iran had over the government of Iraq. Sure, chopping off 🪓a major income stream 💲 to the Trollatollahs 👳‍♂️...who run Iran is great....:twothumbs:

However, the dog that didn't bark is that the Iraq government would never do this, unless they had another reliable supplier. They would never put themselves and their economy at risk, if there was no other reliable supplier.

Maybe I missed it, but who is guaranteeing Iraq's gas and electricity now? 😺...where is that dog? :twocents:

5 minutes ago, Rochester said:

Where is the dog that didn't bark?....to use an old Sherlock Holmes cliche

What I mean is, sure Iraq has decided to stop importing gas and electricity from Iran. Sure that's a big big deal. Sure it hurts Iran. Sure it strengthens Iraq. Sure it weakens the hold that Iran had over the government of Iraq. Sure, chopping off 🪓a major income stream 💲 to the Trollatollahs 👳‍♂️...who run Iran is great....:twothumbs:

However, the dog that didn't bark is that the Iraq government would never do this, unless they had another reliable supplier. They would never put themselves and their economy at risk, if there was no other reliable supplier.

Maybe I missed it, but who is guaranteeing Iraq's gas and electricity now? 😺...where is that dog? :twocents:

Pretty sure another article said from Saudi Arabia. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I read this morning that the Iraqi Hezbollah is preparing to start terror attacks in SA.  Probably because Iraq is cozying up to SA and turning away from Iran.  I’ve said it numerous times before,  if you want peace in the ME then Iran must be stopped.  They are the ones who are exporting terror and strife through their proxy fighters.  It has been estimated that Iran supplies 100k militiamen in Iraq alone.  They also have fighters in Yemen, Lebanon, and Syria.  They view Iraq as their satellite country and their target is, SA, and Israel.  They view Sunni and The Kurds as “dirty Muslims”. 

https://m.jpost.com/middle-east/iraqi-kataib-hezbollah-calls-for-operations-inside-saudi-arabia-629087

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

13 hours ago, Pitcher said:

Yes true Pitcher! Before there was progress but only right there with local players and US. This time there is a world wide shift, a pandemic that has put a stranglehold on The World Economy!!

Also many principle influencers have been removed from the picture so...... yes...... it IS different this time!!!!

Thankyou for ALL you contribute here!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1