Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana Weekly 20 (21) May 2020

Adam Montana

Thank you for sharing yendor.  That is a great post.  

My father is still kicking at 94.  He will never talk about his WWII experiences.  I understand that, I rarely talk about my experiences.  War is Hell on earth.  From what I can piece together from my uncle when he was still alive, my father was in some terrible battles in the Pacific.  

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Pitcher said:

I was in the middle of writing a piece on the Stock Market when I stopped and erased it all.  As I was writing I was also watching the History Channel which is airing programs on WWII and other theaters.  All of a sudden the Stock Market didn’t seem to important as my mind drifted to my Father, my uncles, my friends from VN, and my 2 sons who served in Iraq and Afghanistan.  

For many Memorial Day is just another Holday, a day to go to the beach, go on a picnic,  or have a barbecue.  I do all of those things like most but it is also a Holiday that makes me think how grateful I am that men and women served and sacrificed everything so we may enjoy our Freedoms.  We have been extremely lucky that none of our family ever paid the ultimate price but many families have not been as fortunate.  

When you are are enjoying your Memorial Day Holiday please take a few moments to say a prayer for the fallen.  Take a few minutes to think about their sacrifices so we are able to live in a Free Country.  For me it is a tough Holiday.  My family has been fortunate but I lost some great friends in VN.  I also lost 2 of my ballplayers who served in Iraq.  

To the many Veterans on this website I just want to say Thank You and I respect the fact that you have served your Country and helped allow us to be a Free Nation.  I know some of you from my writings on this site.  Some I have taken issue with on more than one occasion.  At this time I just want to salute you and ask you to do me a favor.  If it’s not too much I would like you to sign in so we can pay you the respect you deserve.  No names please. Just your Avatar name.   It matters not to me if you didn’t see combat.  If you want to honor a family member that’s cool.

Pitcher,  I was to young for Vietnam and to old for Iraq and Afghanistan but I do thank all the vets I can. Specifically I toast my 4 uncles who served in WWII. My Father in law who served in Korea. They have all passed now. I also toast my cousin who did serve in Iraq twice (during Bush 1 and Bush 2) and also Bosnia. I pay for vets coffee when I see them at my favorite breakfast restaurant and if I’m in line at other food places I’ll buy a soda for a vet too. My flag is out for this weekend of course  and I’m  raising a beer 🍺 now as I post this to all of them.  Our country would not be here without them and our lives would not be like they are. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Memorial Day was originally called DECORATION DAY as it was a day set aside for Americans to decorate the graves and honor fallen military. It was always "celebrated" on May 30th until 1970 when it was changed to the last Monday in May.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Pitcher said:

Thank you for sharing yendor.  That is a great post.  

My father is still kicking at 94.  He will never talk about his WWII experiences.  I understand that, I rarely talk about my experiences.  War is Hell on earth.  From what I can piece together from my uncle when he was still alive, my father was in some terrible battles in the Pacific.  

Totally AGREE!  

My late husband came home with EVERY issue(s) associated with the men and women serving in war during the Vietnam Era, with the exception of "drugs". With that exception, I have always counted myself, as truly, one of the "lucky" ones.  My job was to care of home, while he got better. He "never" discussed with me, his experiences in war.  I was "okay" with his reason(s) for not discussing his experiences with me. 

War is Hell for military men & women serving and husbands, wives, relatives, friends, waititng for their return.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Barbara020548 said:

War is Hell for military men & women serving and husbands, wives, relatives, friends, waititng for their return.

Thank you for your post and for sharing Barbara. Enough is not said for those who have loved ones in harms way.  Their sacrifices are not heralded enough and they deserve our deepest respect and love.  

Barb, I reread my post from the other day and I apologize for going way overboard.  I need to stay out of the Political Forum, it gets me crazy.  Peace and respect to you.  

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Pitcher said:

Thank you for your post and for sharing Barbara. Enough is not said for those who have loved ones in harms way.  Their sacrifices are not heralded enough and they deserve our deepest respect and love.  

Barb, I reread my post from the other day and I apologize for going way overboard.  I need to stay out of the Political Forum, it gets me crazy.  Peace and respect to you.  

Thank you for such an "inspiring" Memorial Day post, that deeply touched me emotionally.  

As for, "political" differences they are belief systems and opinions, which is okay.   I do not and never use political "diferences" for aquiring enemies, but to make potential friend(s) with different belief systems and opinions. 

Truth be told, you post some subjects, I like and agree with.

Have a good and Blessed day!

• Thanks 1