Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana Weekly 20 (21) May 2020

Adam Montana

Sandfly for the update Adam!  
Time to “Git-R-Dun”! In fact it feels like well past time!  I know we’d supposed to be patient and all...but this eagle pretty much expresses my attitude right now... I’m past upset with what’s happening to our country, and feel like it’s time...time to move on... in more than one way! Sorry, rant over! 

414921AF-28A4-4DC7-B009-319602A03F8D.jpeg

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

:bump:

Bump Up The Jam - Bump It ! Bump It ! Bump It ! :o 

:D  :D  :D 

4 hours ago, Adam Montana said:

Good morning all, and happy THURSDAY! 

Before I get into the Iraq portion, I want to wish you all a safe and grateful memorial day. This community is filled with many veterans, and I'm thankful to all of you that I can thank here and also those that won't read this message. We are blessed to be here, and we wouldn't be if not for the many who sacrificed for us.

We have a bit of a doozie for today - it's really more of a big picture post than a laser focused announcement, but it is important.

It's a doozie, not because it's long and detailed... rather, because it's a bit tricky to piece it together in your head - especially if you're new to the topics or haven't read all of the background information.

With that in mind, I decided to keep this simple and short.

Let's start with a little irony - I was partway through a writeup on the anniversary and re-signing of EO13303, and it seems some of the community here was on the same page:

Answer: Yes.

As posted on whitehouse.gov, "Section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1622(d)) provides for the automatic termination of a national emergency unless, within 90 days before the anniversary date of its declaration, the President publishes in the Federal Register and transmits to the Congress a notice stating that the emergency is to continue in effect beyond the anniversary date."

I think we all expected President Trump to continue in this tradition, but more importantly we should remember why this is in effect.

From Wikipedia: "Executive Order 13303 was issued on May 22, 2003 by United States President George W. Bush to protect the Development Fund for Iraq for the rebuilding of Iraq from any legal attachments or liens. Further, it protects Iraqi oil products and interests and ownership by US persons (defined to include US corporations) from attachment as well. Executive Order 13303 also terminates sanctions specified in EO 12722, EO 12724, EO 13290, as it applies to the development fund. In effect, EO 13303 provides an extraordinarily broad legal shield for any and all contractors and mercenaries working in Iraq on behalf of US corporations in any oil related enterprise."

Guess what else had a major impact on Iraq and was focused on the DFI (Development Fund for Iraq)?

Chapter 7. Chapter 7 was imposed on Iraq and prevented them from acting as a fully sovereign country. It effectively prevented them owning or possessing the means to protect themselves. It was instrumental in tossing Iraq back into the stone ages, like slapping a felony on someone looking for a job at a gun store.

Iraq could not have maintained or raised the value of it's currency while under Chapter 7.

Iraq is no longer under Chapter 7 restrictions.

If you read the recent article explaining the CBI Auctions and the Iraqi Budget, you probably remember seeing the DFI mentioned there as well.

Chapter 7. EO 13303. Auctions, Budget... and they all tie into the DFI, the Development Fund for Iraq... suspicious, or obvious?

I think it's obvious. I also think that many of us here were well aware that Trump would renew EO 13303, because even though it's been a number of years, we aren't the only ones who know the Iraqi Dinar is going to regain it's value.

:twothumbs: 

As for the question "What would happen on it's expiration" - that's a great question, and the answer is equally great - when the order is not renewed, it will be because Iraq has resolved it's issues and EO 13303 is simply no longer an issue.

It is not a matter of "if".

It is a matter of "when".

:twothumbs:

That's a private matter for you regarding your account - it's best to let my staff help.

Rendog, sorry I missed your post there! You are correct, I've addressed it in the past. As a VIP!" rel="">VIP member you have free access to the RV Intel book - grab it here

The shorter answer is they talk about dropping 0's all the time - some of it is misinformation, the rest is just confusing. They can drop the 0's from the exchange rate OR from the currency. One is an increase in value, the other is a lop. Another possibility that can happen simultaneously is an introduction of a new currency, concurrent usage with the currency now in circulation, and a gradual (timed) removal and expiration of the now current currency.

None of those situations are bad, but two of the examples are good while the third is neutral. The book RV Intel goes into more depth. :twothumbs: 

=============

There is a lot going on right now - Kazemi-RV-KAZZAMIE continues the surge towards seating the cabinet, and continues to be mysteriously effective in his new role. Eid al-Fitr will be up on May 24, and the few remaining posts are slated for completion shortly. A completely different person by the name of Mustafa al-Kadhimi is also kicking butt at his job... wait, that's the same person. ;) Iran has lost a ton of ground in Iraq, Kazimi-Kazemi-Khadimi has done a lot to prove that he is not another Iranian sock puppet, and on the heels of the renewal of EO13303 there is even more Iranian squashing.

All of that, and more, is reason to smile.

Enjoy your holiday, friends. Be safe, thank your vets, and

GOOOO RRRRVVVV!!!!!! 

:tiphat: 

- Adam 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

Bump Up The Jam - Bump It ! Bump It ! Bump It ! :o 

OK, Thugs, I’m old so I don’t know what “Bump it “ means. I looked it up and got these pics.  Now I’m totally confused. Some I can understand like these

5501BECD-18EB-4735-8B8B-BA52C48E01E7.gif.e6a2709b4bf78d9ea2dc648efb7861d6.gif  15E83A8A-11A8-4CAB-9885-7D2B7FDBC599.gif.c128ff7977c0d127ab5f855ed5988162.gif

These not so much

361E6BA2-2EA9-4B2C-818D-CB9608B22AA7.gif.8f5555e5cf41780f3a1fe657fad43083.gif  3BE8F867-CCE8-4C0F-98C0-BB86945C1180.gif.c99b6b44e2af1c292ebc274fa0efc6d1.gif

These I don’t get at all

12FE9B3F-79F5-4628-B477-DC4DB5705348.gif.c7ff488338805f8f90bace2a832d605a.gif  C652F62E-894D-4728-8AB5-AAD05A775D1B.gif.9bfb31a4ad06d9a8e3a59664e20fb607.gif

• Haha 9

22 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

These I don’t get at all

The Last One Is That Pumper Judy Lyington Getting ‘Poppy Pumped’ Off The Stage ! :o 

image.gif.39c4d7b9020abc1d879e2067ae81b553.gif

Edited by DinarThug
  • Haha 8

Good, Bad, Or Indifferent - There’s Been A Lot Of ‘Changing The Exchange Rate’ Article’s Lately ! :o 

And Combining For Over 50 Pluses - 2 Of The Top Responses To A Couple Of These Articles This Week Came From Our ‘Laid Back’ Hammock Boy And My Clown Brother In ‘Spirit’ Chuckles Finley ! :cheesehead:

Following In This And The Next Post Is Each Of The Article’s Followed By Their Excellent Response ...

LINK

Iraq is considering cutting the dinar as difficult options to face the financial crisis

1589680703_81752020_2042020172638142020158321102019112553350290fc0-213895.jpg

17th May, 2020

A source close to the office of the Iraqi Prime Minister revealed that the government is considering reducing the value of the dinar against foreign currencies, as part of measures to confront the financial crisis caused by the drop in oil prices and the repercussions of the spread of the new Corona virus. According to the newspaper, "The New Arab

The source said, according to the newspaper, "The options available to Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi are mostly difficult, but there are serious dialogues with advisers and economic experts, and during the past days, several options were reviewed to address the financial crisis, including external borrowing or the devaluation of the dinar

He added: "There are also other options, including offering state factories and public properties for investment or sale, and printing the currency, but these will be the last options

He continued: "All options presented have major problems in the long and medium term, but the alternative is the inability to pay the salaries." He pointed out that in the short term he will rely on the monetary reserve for a few months, while taking a series of austerity measures unprecedented at the state level

The current crisis is the biggest challenge for the new Prime Minister’s government, as Iraq is one of the “mono-economic” countries, because it relied on about 94% of oil sales revenue to provide salaries for employees and retirees of about 4 trillion dinars per month (about 3 billion dollars) at a time that did notreach Oil revenues have only about 1.4 billion dollars last April, according to official data

On 5/17/2020 at 5:54 PM, Laid Back said:

Printing currency 

Devalue the dinar

No money to pay salaries 

covid19

Curfew from 5/22 to 5/30

ISX also closed same dates 

Suddenly

RV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 4

On 5/14/2020 at 7:20 PM, DinarThug said:

CNN. Broadcasting A Nameless And Totally Sourceless Source - Who’s Story Get’s Refuted In The Next Article By A Named An Actual Source !

Economy

Thursday 14 May 2020 | 3:30 pm

Parliamentary source: Al-Kazemi's government will print the currency to pay employee salaries 

Baghdad / ...

Parliamentary source confirmed, Thursday, that the government of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi will go to print a new local currency in order to pay the salaries of employees.

The source said to "Eye of Iraq News", "This measure is one of the solutions to overcome this economic crisis that is ravaging the country, so it is necessary to find harmless solutions for future generations such as the use of cash or gold reserves in the central bank." 

He pointed out that we, "after the application of this procedure, we expect a decrease in the Iraqi dinar exchange rate against the dollar," stressing that "this will have a positive impact on activating the industry in Iraq and not resorting to global or regional markets that provide goods to Iraq at low prices because of the high exchange rate The dinar compared to the price of currencies in Turkey, Iran and others. "

The financial advisor to the Prime Minister, Mazhar Muhammad Salih, had determined, on Wednesday, the loan disbursements that the government intends to request from home and abroad. Saleh said in a press statement, "The government submitted a draft law to Parliament in order to authorize it to borrow from internal and external financing sources, in order to bridge the deficit and enhance public financial liquidity when necessary." And, "The borrowing came because of the financial hardship that the country is going through, and in order to bridge the revenue deficit gap against fixed expenditures, especially in the operating budget." He added, "The legal cover did not provide the government with internal and external borrowing, due to the lack of a federal budget law for the year 2020." He pointed out that "internal or external loans will be included in the event of legislation for the budget for the year 2020 or its alternative the final account at the end of the fiscal year (as a reality)." Saleh said, "External loans will go toward supporting investment projects and completing the stalled ones and the urgent need to launch them, while internal loans will be allocated towards the operational budget in the government's needs for insurance of salaries and others."

It is mentioned that the Iraqi Council of Ministers approved the draft of the domestic and foreign borrowing law to finance the fiscal deficit for the year 2020 and refer it to the parliament in accordance with the provisions of the constitutional articles. Finished 2

LINK

On 5/15/2020 at 3:29 AM, ChuckFinley said:

There is a lot of WTF and I believe it is in the translation.

Al-Kazemi will go to print a new local currency – To me the new Local Currency would be the small notes as it would serve the local population to do business. Why trade in a 10 dinar internationally. 

"after the application of this procedure, we expect a decrease in the Iraqi dinar exchange rate against the dollar," – Could this be that when translated by a native Iraqi as “we expect the dollar to decrease against the dinar”. How many times have these auto translators screwed translations up? 

Therefore

"this will have a positive impact on activating the industry in Iraq and not resorting to global or regional markets that provide goods to Iraq at low prices because of the high exchange rate The dinar compared to the price of currencies in Turkey, Iran and others. "  - We will be on par with our neighbors such as Kuwait. 

B)  B)  B) 

Edited by DinarThug
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4

And Here’s The Latest Article Discussing A Change In The Exchange Rate ! :o 

CNN. Broadcasting That "there is a tendency in the cabinet to issue a decision to change the exchange rate of the dollar."!

In light of the indicators of deflation and increasing unemployment rates ... "the specter of poverty" is chasing Iraqis and economic measures to overcome the crisis

May 20, 2020 8:51 PM Author: alzawraapaper

5-39.jpg

Baghdad / Pursuing Zora:

The pessimistic expectations regarding the economic situation in Iraq continue, in light of the expansion of the Corona virus and its implications for oil prices globally, which led to expectations of the economy shrinking and increasing rates of poverty in large proportions, because of the near-total dependence on oil as a basis for the general budget.

On the other hand, the United Nations representative in Baghdad, Jenin Henness Blackshart, expected during her last briefing, "the Iraqi economy will shrink by 9.7 percent, with poverty rates rising to about 40 percent in 2020, in addition to expectations of a decrease in economic opportunities."

There is talk in the economic and political circles of a number of measures that the Iraqi government must take to bypass the nation, by selling treasury bonds, borrowing, and raising the dollar exchange rates, as well as the possibility of reducing employee salaries.

While parliamentary sources told "Independent Arabia" that "there is a tendency in the cabinet to issue a decision to change the exchange rate of the dollar."

The sources indicated that "this procedure may take place gradually, but it has not yet lived up to the decision level." Noting that «the purpose of this measure is to raise the price of the dollar against the Iraqi dinar to address the crisis of low cash and reduce the budget deficit».

According to the Parliamentary Finance Committee, Iraq’s oil imports amounted to about $ 5 billion in February, but it started to decline from March (March), when it reached about $ 2.9 billion. In April, it recorded 1.2 billion. Dollars.

Perhaps the continued decline in oil prices, places the Al-Kazemi government facing a major challenge to provide cash and pay the dues of state employees, as well as to address the crisis of poverty and unemployment.

On the other hand, Ahmed Hama Rashid, a member of the Finance Committee in the Iraqi parliament, said: 

“We have no data yet regarding increasing poverty rates, but it is certain that the economic crisis the country is going through has increased its rates.”

He added, "Overcoming the financial crisis is very difficult because the public debt has increased greatly, and we pay annually about 16 trillion dinars (about 13.33 billion dollars) of interest and debt installments, and this is considered a complete state budget."

And on the procedures for overcoming the financial crisis, Rashid revealed that "the government sent the first bill for internal and external borrowing, by selling treasury bonds," stressing that "the project reached the Finance Committee as a draft, and in the first session of Parliament it will read the first reading."

He added that «the salaries of the employees for this month will be delayed due to lack of cash, and, according to my information, the Ministry ofFinance has indicated that it has no financing.»

For his part, Abd al-Zahra al-Hindawi, a spokesman for the Ministry of Planning, said: "Poverty indicators, according to our readings and expectations, have witnessed an increase during the past two months and the ministry is preparing a study on this matter," noting that "estimates are preliminary indicators that poverty rates may exceed 30 percent." .

He explained, "This is called transient poverty, and it is an emergency that touches the near-poverty line, and they are the workers whose work stopped due to the current crisis and were directly affected." As soon as life returns to normal and they return to practice their work, the problem ends.

And on the option of offering treasury bonds to provide external and internal debt, Jabr pointed out that "it is necessary to borrow to overcome the financial crisis, and internal borrowing is better than the external because its terms are easy and set by the state."

He explained that "internal borrowing will not reach its goals, because the public and non-bank financial institutions will not lend to the state, and this will push for external borrowing, which is tiring and with unfair terms that bear the burdens of future generations." However, we have a financial burden of approximately $ 79 billion, and interest and installments due.

He continued, "Nobody lends to Iraq in light of the current economic indicators, and the International Monetary Fund must interfere by providing guarantees to creditors in exchange for Iraq achieving the conditions of the fund that may increase poverty rates."

Iraq faces major difficulties in facing the financial crisis it is going through, with the increasing fears of large classes in Iraqi society that this decline may increase with the continued decline in oil prices.

LINK

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

I’d Luv Returning Them The Favor ! :o 

Thank you for all the articles lined up Thugs.  Good stuff. 

Below is the Texas version of your vid.  Are you related to Leatherface?

Disclaimer,  Open at your own risk.  Vid is not pleasant!!

• Upvote 3

I was in the middle of writing a piece on the Stock Market when I stopped and erased it all.  As I was writing I was also watching the History Channel which is airing programs on WWII and other theaters.  All of a sudden the Stock Market didn’t seem to important as my mind drifted to my Father, my uncles, my friends from VN, and my 2 sons who served in Iraq and Afghanistan.  

For many Memorial Day is just another Holday, a day to go to the beach, go on a picnic,  or have a barbecue.  I do all of those things like most but it is also a Holiday that makes me think how grateful I am that men and women served and sacrificed everything so we may enjoy our Freedoms.  We have been extremely lucky that none of our family ever paid the ultimate price but many families have not been as fortunate.  

When you are are enjoying your Memorial Day Holiday please take a few moments to say a prayer for the fallen.  Take a few minutes to think about their sacrifices so we are able to live in a Free Country.  For me it is a tough Holiday.  My family has been fortunate but I lost some great friends in VN.  I also lost 2 of my ballplayers who served in Iraq.  

To the many Veterans on this website I just want to say Thank You and I respect the fact that you have served your Country and helped allow us to be a Free Nation.  I know some of you from my writings on this site.  Some I have taken issue with on more than one occasion.  At this time I just want to salute you and ask you to do me a favor.  If it’s not too much I would like you to sign in so we can pay you the respect you deserve.  No names please. Just your Avatar name.   It matters not to me if you didn’t see combat.  If you want to honor a family member that’s cool.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pitcher said:

I was in the middle of writing a piece on the Stock Market when I stopped and erased it all.  As I was writing I was also watching the History Channel which is airing programs on WWII and other theaters.  All of a sudden the Stock Market didn’t seem to important as my mind drifted to my Father, my uncles, my friends from VN, and my 2 sons who served in Iraq and Afghanistan.  

For many Memorial Day is just another Holday, a day to go to the beach, go on a picnic,  or have a barbecue.  I do all of those things like most but it is also a Holiday that makes me think how grateful I am that men and women served and sacrificed everything so we may enjoy our Freedoms.  We have been extremely lucky that none of our family ever paid the ultimate price but many families have not been as fortunate.  

When you are are enjoying your Memorial Day Holiday please take a few moments to say a prayer for the fallen.  Take a few minutes to think about their sacrifices so we are able to live in a Free Country.  For me it is a tough Holiday.  My family has been fortunate but I lost some great friends in VN.  I also lost 2 of my ballplayers who served in Iraq.  

To the many Veterans on this website I just want to say Thank You and I respect the fact that you have served your Country and helped allow us to be a Free Nation.  I know some of you from my writings on this site.  Some I have taken issue with on more than one occasion.  At this time I just want to salute you and ask you to do me a favor.  If it’s not too much I would like you to sign in so we can pay you the respect you deserve.  No names please. Just your Avatar name.   It matters not to me if you didn’t see combat.  If you want to honor a family member that’s cool.

Two years ago my Dad's youngest brother passed away at age 100. Uncle Ray served in WW II and his unit liberated the Dachau Concentration Camp in Munich. I was proud of my uncle and even more so when I was serving my duty in Germany and had the opportunity to visit Dachau in person. "Never Again" signs were displayed throghout  the camp. While serving  in Germany, "The Wall" went up and I was extended for 3 months. I was "lucky" that I served after Korea and before Viet Nam, but I am proud to have served and more proud of those that served before me and after me who paid their ultimate sacrifice for the freedom so many just don't "GET IT". God Bless our troops and God Bless America ! Happy Decoration Day to everyone !

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1