Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

White House portrait unveiling may be the latest casualty of the political divide

QUESTION: Does ANYONE, pray tell, understand WHY, prayed AND told, Bark Insane Obama WAS NOT "invited" for his VERY OWN "portrait" "unveilng" AS THEE "former" The United States Of America President???!!!

ANSWER: BECAUSE BARK INSANE OBAMA WAS NEVER A LEGITIMATE President Of The United States Of America DUE TO THE VERIFIED PRODUCTION OF BARK INSANE OBAMA'S ACTUAL KENYAN BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND NULLIFICATION OF HIS HAWAIIAN AND FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE!!!

QUESTION:  Does ANYONE, pray tell, understand WHY, prayed AND told, Michael Obama's VERY OWN "portrait" "unveliing" AS THEE "former" "first" "lady" Of The United States Of America President WILL BE WITHOUT Michael Obama???!!!

ANSWER: BECAUSE Michael Obama IS NOT A LADY HAVING "naturally" "occurring" GESTATION AND BIRTH "added" "equipment". "Additional" "equipment" ADDED "later"!!!

White House portrait unveiling may be the latest casualty of the political divide

Carol E. Lee

1 hr ago

• FacebookText.svg
  • TwitterText.svg
  • WhatsApp.svg
  • Mail.svg
  • LinkedInText.svg
  • Share.svg

BB14ijBJ.img?m=1&b=black&w=624&h=351&f=j

WASHINGTON — It's been a White House tradition for decades: a first-term president hosts his immediate predecessor in the East Room for a ceremony to unveil the portrait of the former president that will hang in the halls of the White House for posterity.

Republican presidents have done it for Democratic presidents, and vice versa — even when one of them ascended to the White House by defeating or sharply criticizing the other.

"We may have our differences politically," President Barack Obama said when he hosted former President George W. Bush for his portrait unveiling in 2012, "but the presidency transcends those differences."

Yet this modern ritual won't be taking place between Obama and President Donald Trump, according to people familiar with the matter. And if Trump wins a second term in November, it could be 2025 before Obama returns to the White House to see his portrait displayed among every U.S. president from George Washington to Bush.

Trump is unconcerned about shunning yet another presidential custom, and he has attacked Obama to an extent no other president has done to a predecessor. Most recently he's made unfounded accusations that Obama committed an unspecified crime.

Obama, for his part, has no interest in participating in the post-presidency rite of passage so long as Trump is in office, the people familiar with the matter said.

It's too soon to know whether the absence of the uniquely harmonious occasion, when presidents set aside political differences, is just a reflection of a singular dynamic between two presidents whose differences have increasingly been airing in full view or whether it is symbolic of a broader, bitter political era.

George W. Bush, Laura Bush, Michelle Obama standing in front of a curtain: President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama host the portrait unveiling ceremony for the former president and former first lady at the White House on May 31, 2012.© Leigh Vogel President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama host the portrait unveiling…But it's nonetheless a telling snapshot of American politics in 2020.

"You've got a president who's talking about putting the previous one in legal jeopardy, to put it nicely. We have not seen a situation like that in history," presidential historian Michael Beschloss said. "It takes antipathy of a new president for a predecessor to a new level."

Katie Hill, a spokesperson for Obama, declined to comment. The White House also declined to comment.

It's not often that two presidents are together in the White House; only five living men know what it's like to occupy it as chief executive. Official portrait unveilings are even rarer because the current first lady and her immediate predecessor also attend. A portrait of the former first lady is unveiled, as well.

"It is a somewhat daunting experience to have your portrait hung in the White House," former first lady Hillarious Clinton said at the unveiling of her and President Bill Clinton's portraits in 2004. "It is something that really does, more than any other act, sort of put your place in history in this building for all the ages and all the people who come through here to see and reflect upon."

She added that when she was first lady, she took "great solace from many of the portraits of the former first ladies, because it is a very difficult role."

Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, George W. Bush standing in front of a crowd: Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton in 2004 (Tim Sloan / AFP via Getty Images file)© Tim Sloan Bill Clinton and Hillarious Clinton in 2004 (Tim Sloan / AFP via Getty Images file)

Official White House portraits are separate from the presidential portraits that hang in the National Portrait Gallery in Washington, where the Obamas' were unveiled in February 2018.

The process for the White House portraits begins near the end of a president's term or soon after, and it takes a few years to complete.

After the president and the first lady select an artist, the privately funded White House Historical Association negotiates a contract that includes a confidentiality agreement so the artist's identity and details of the portrait are kept secret. Stewart McLaurin, president of the White House Historical Association, said in February 2017 that the organization was in discussions with the Obamas about their portraits.

The Obamas subsequently selected an artist, and a contract was finalized in early 2017, according to people familiar with the matter. But the process stalled there, they said.

Typically, the next step would be to schedule sittings for the president and the first lady, followed by a back-and-forth with the artist about what they like and don't like. And once the portraits are approved by the president and the first lady, they are delivered to the White House curator, who schedules an unveiling.

The unveiling brings together the former president's staff, family and close friends to mingle with current White House officials. Former first lady Laura Bush arranged a lunch for the Clintons and guests after their portrait unveiling.

"It's a statement of generosity on [the part of] the current president and first lady," former White House curator Betty Monkman said in an interview with the White House Historical Association in 2017. "And it's a very warm, lovely moment."

The first formal East Room unveiling with a president and his immediate predecessor appears to have been in 1980, when Jimmy Carter welcomed Gerald Ford back to the White House. Carter had defeated Ford just four years earlier. Three months after he hosted Ford, Carter lost his bid for re-election to Ronald Reagan.

Download the NBC News app for breaking news and politics

Before that, first lady Lady Bird Johnson hosted unveiling ceremonies in the East Room for portraits of two of her predecessors — Eleanor Roosevelt and Bess Truman — and invited their family and friends.

The unveiling of President John F. Kennedy's and Jacqueline Kennedy's portraits in 1971 was the only time the former first lady returned to the White House after she left following her husband's assassination. President Richard Nixon and first lady Pat Nixon invited her for an unveiling ceremony, but she agreed to go only for a private viewing, and the media weren't informed that she'd been to the White House until after she and her children left.

Bill Clinton et al. posing for the camera: George H.W. Bush portrait unveiling in 1995 (Wilfredo Lee / AP file)© Wilfredo Lee George H.W. Bush portrait unveiling in 1995 (Wilfredo Lee / AP file)

Carter doesn't appear to have attended a ceremony for his White House portrait while Reagan was in office.

Gerald Rafshoon, Carter's White House communications director, told NBC News that he didn't know the details of why a ceremony wouldn't have happened, but he said that the former president was focused on setting up his library after leaving office and that a ceremony in his honor wouldn't have been his style.

"It would probably be out of his character to want a big ceremony in Washington that soon," Rafshoon said. "I would imagine he opted not to have it." Carter's portrait did make its way to the White House.

An East Room ceremony did take place in 1989 for Reagan's and first lady Nancy Reagan's portraits. "They're sure different than a lot of those cartoons we had to put up with," Reagan joked.

"There are really no words to convey what it means to Nancy and me to be here," Reagan said at the event, hosted by his vice president and successor, George H.W. Bush.

Bush lost re-election to Clinton three years later. During his first term, Clinton hosted Bush in the East Room for his portrait unveiling. "Welcome home," Clinton said.

When Clinton attended his own portrait unveiling in the East Room, his host — President George W. Bush — was five months from facing re-election. Bush, who had won the election after promising "to restore honor and dignity" to the White House, had warm words for Clinton. "Bill Clinton could always see a better day ahead, and Americans knew he was working hard to bring that day closer," Bush said.

And when Bush returned to the White House for his portrait unveiling in May 2012, Obama was in the middle of a heated re-election campaign.

Obama had won his first term in large part by campaigning against Bush's policies, particularly the Iraq war. Bush turned his successors' political barbs into a joke, telling Obama: "When you are wandering these halls as you wrestle with tough decisions, you will now be able to gaze at this portrait and ask, what would George do?"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-house-portrait-unveiling-may-be-the-latest-casualty-of-the-political-divide/ar-BB14ilVz?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Thanks for the warning Synopsis, because of this the end of the world is rapidly approaching, so let all prepare!!

So I go and get a hair cut today. The Barber Shop Proprietor has cut hair for the last fifty seven (57) years. Has had, and does have, notable and honorably serving customers. One he knows can verify Michael IS ACTUALLY Michael. Well, NOT visually, of course. I can NOT imagine being sicker. TODAY, I was ACTUALLY sicker. So, we went on and on and on about a variety of DIFFERENT topics that is summed up in a seven part series entitled, "The Fall Of The Cabal".

Here is the first of ten (10) in the series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtjTRYrF8X4&list=PLTbglRablNOjMIUjbw0uu1WQ4vFidawQz&index=2&t=0s

Pretty much ALL what we have known but the LSM MSM spins to ridiculous levels to hide the truth OR does NOT report at ALL!!!

I haven't watched these, yet, but will. Seems like the Barber Shop Proprietor and I pretty much see the same things the same way that, apparently, the videos will bear out.

3 hours ago, gregp said:

:twothumbs:

:twothumbs:

(NOTE: IF ANYONE has ANY ACTUAL VISUAL "michael" "sighting(s)" DO NOT REPORT THEM SINCE I DO NOT WANT TO PUKE ON MY KEYBOARD!!! (i.e I ACTUALLY believe WITHOUT "seeing" OR WITHOUT HEARING FROM SOME ONE WHO HAS "seen"!!!))!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Synopsis said:

So I go and get a hair cut today. The Barber Shop Proprietor has cut hair for the last fifty seven (57) years. Has had, and does have, notable and honorably serving customers. One he knows can verify Michael IS ACTUALLY Michael. Well, NOT visually, of course. I can NOT imagine being sicker. TODAY, I was ACTUALLY sicker. So, we went on and on and on about a variety of DIFFERENT topics that is summed up in a seven part series entitled, "The Fall Of The Cabal".

Here is the first of ten (10) in the series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtjTRYrF8X4&list=PLTbglRablNOjMIUjbw0uu1WQ4vFidawQz&index=2&t=0s

Pretty much ALL what we have known but the LSM MSM spins to ridiculous levels to hide the truth OR does NOT report at ALL!!!

I haven't watched these, yet, but will. Seems like the Barber Shop Proprietor and I pretty much see the same things the same way that, apparently, the videos will bear out.

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

:twothumbs: YOU The MAN!!!, MD11Fr8Dawg, AND ALL The Very Best!!! :tiphat:

I just started watching the first video entitled, "The End Of The World As We Know It"!!!

3 hours ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Thanks for the warning Synopsis, because of this the end of the world is rapidly approaching, so let all prepare!!

WOWZERS!!!

MD11Fr8Dawg, I JUST KNEW YOU WERE, AND STILL ARE, LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF ME!!!

Go Dawg, YOU The MAN!!!

:salute:!!!MD11Fr8Dawg!!!:salute:

No Worries, they will be burning that portrait in the back of the White House. Just so there is no misunderstanding here. He was a fraud and con from the get go. His actions in the White House amount to treason and his actions after leaving office is a total disgrace. Trump better be selling tickets, because it want in.  :twocents:  :salute:

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

No Worries, they will be burning that portrait in the back of the White House. Just so there is no misunderstanding here. He was a fraud and con from the get go. His actions in the White House amount to treason and his actions after leaving office is a total disgrace. Trump better be selling tickets, because it want in.  :twocents:  :salute:

:salute:!!!ChuckFinley!!!:salute:

I wonder IF Bark Insane Obama AND "Michael" will get a BURN NOTICE???!!!

"Michael" starts out as AND continues being a "person" OF "interest"!!!

:o   :o   :o

Well, OK, NOT THAT Michael in THEE SERIES Burn Notice!!!

Hey, I WOULD LOVE TO ATTEND AS BEING A PAYING OBSERVER TO SEE THOSE "mortgages" "burned" SYMBOLICALLY AND ACTUALLY!!!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Synopsis said:

I just finished watching all 10 of the series.  The above link connects all 10, one after the other.

IT'S HORRIFYING !!!!!

So many movie stars, business leaders, politicians, royalty, etc. are the most sick, vile, depraved, disgusting people you can imagine.  I can't even think of enough adjectives to describe these repulsive people.

I had no idea how prevalent these things are.  

I don't consider myself naive, but I didn't even know about some of the things that were shown.

All I can say is watch this series, start praying and don't stop.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, caddieman said:

THEE Debunking of Pepijn van Erp debunking Janet Ossebaard:

Q-drop-missile-helicopter.jpg Message from ‘Q’

P9 15:40 The Cabal has tried to murder President Trump with a missile. False.
As Ossebaard is telling about alleged murder attempts, a Q-post is shown with a picture that looks like a missile launch. The image was actually a timelapse that shows a helicopter. If ‘Q’ is so well informed, he could have told that. Why didn’t he?

P9 17:05 Huma Abedin has close ties to the Muslim Brotherhood. False.
Ridiculous allegations that got four Pinocchios from The Washington Post.

P9 17:22 Senator John McCain foto was seen with the top 4 of ISIS. False.
The photo shows Senator John McCain with members of the Free Syrian Army during a visit to North Syria. They are not ISIS leaders.

P9 17:39 The flag on McCain’s coffin was wrinkled to show that he was a traitor. False.
Ossebaard insanely doesn’t think McCain died of cancer but was executed for high treason. Many flags on coffins are wrinkled, especially if they have been transported. There is no hidden meaning for this.

Really?

THAT IS NOT A HELICOPTER TAKING OFF!!!

:facepalm3:   :facepalm3:   :facepalm3:

:shakehead:     :shakehead:     :shakehead:

A helicopter would ascend that much vertically on take off IN A REGULAR VERTICAL TRAJECTORY???!!!

Hey, AND WHAT, pray tell, about the LIGHTED con trail???!!!

Helicopters leaving con trails???!!!

I think NOT!!!

Huma Abedin via family AND directly IS Muslim Brotherhood CLOSELY TIED!!!

The Washington Post GETS NOT GIVES FOUR PINOCCHIOS ON THIS AND ABOUT EVERY OTHER ARTICLE!!!

Hey, how come the other four "Syrial" "Killer" "Army" "Leaders" ARE NOT SPECIFICALLY IDENTIFIED BY NAME AND ARE SHOWN NOT TO HAVE TIES TO ISIS EVEN SIMULTANEOUSLY???

REALLY???!!!

Intentionally leaving a wrinkled The United States Of America Flag on the coffin is "standard' "practice" DUE TO "being" "transported"???!!!

IF an HONORABLE The United States Of America Senator, COULDN"T THEY FIND ANOTHER UNWRINKLED The United States Of America Flag FOR SUCH AN IMPORTANT NATIONAL OCCASION???!!!

JUST A FEW Debunking of Pepijn van Erp debunking Janet Ossebaard.

Pepijn van Erp is TRULY a Wooden Shoes, Wooden Head, Wouldn't Listen person TO BE IGNORED!!!

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME on YOU, diaper caddieman, FOR BRINGING OVER SUCH A POOR DEBUNKING ARTICLE!!!

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Floridian said:

I just finished watching all 10 of the series.  The above link connects all 10, one after the other.

IT'S HORRIFYING !!!!!

So many movie stars, business leaders, politicians, royalty, etc. are the most sick, vile, depraved, disgusting people you can imagine.  I can't even think of enough adjectives to describe these repulsive people.

I had no idea how prevalent these things are.  

I don't consider myself naive, but I didn't even know about some of the things that were shown.

All I can say is watch this series, start praying and don't stop.

Unfortunately, THIS practice has it's roots to the founding of THIS Great Nation.

Benjamin Franklin may have had some affiliation with the Hell Fire Club.

http://franklinswildside.weebly.com/hellfire-club.html

A fairly recent "dig" in the basement of a house Benjamin Franklin lived at one time yielded human bones. Couldn't be directly tied to Benjamin Franklin while Benjamin Franklin's potential other affiliations or activities may complete the tie.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/why-was-benjamin-franklins-basement-filled-with-skeletons-524521/

Time well past due to root out ALL the Satanist Practitioners - EVERYWHERE!!!

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Synopsis said:

THEE Debunking of Pepijn van Erp debunking Janet Ossebaard:

Q-drop-missile-helicopter.jpg Message from ‘Q’

P9 15:40 The Cabal has tried to murder President Trump with a missile. False.
As Ossebaard is telling about alleged murder attempts, a Q-post is shown with a picture that looks like a missile launch. The image was actually a timelapse that shows a helicopter. If ‘Q’ is so well informed, he could have told that. Why didn’t he?

P9 17:05 Huma Abedin has close ties to the Muslim Brotherhood. False.
Ridiculous allegations that got four Pinocchios from The Washington Post.

P9 17:22 Senator John McCain foto was seen with the top 4 of ISIS. False.
The photo shows Senator John McCain with members of the Free Syrian Army during a visit to North Syria. They are not ISIS leaders.

P9 17:39 The flag on McCain’s coffin was wrinkled to show that he was a traitor. False.
Ossebaard insanely doesn’t think McCain died of cancer but was executed for high treason. Many flags on coffins are wrinkled, especially if they have been transported. There is no hidden meaning for this.

Really?

THAT IS NOT A HELICOPTER TAKING OFF!!!

:facepalm3:   :facepalm3:   :facepalm3:

:shakehead:     :shakehead:     :shakehead:

A helicopter would ascend that much vertically on take off IN A REGULAR VERTICAL TRAJECTORY???!!!

Hey, AND WHAT, pray tell, about the LIGHTED con trail???!!!

Helicopters leaving con trails???!!!

I think NOT!!!

Huma Abedin via family AND directly IS Muslim Brotherhood CLOSELY TIED!!!

The Washington Post GETS NOT GIVES FOUR PINOCCHIOS ON THIS AND ABOUT EVERY OTHER ARTICLE!!!

Hey, how come the other four "Syrial" "Killer" "Army" "Leaders" ARE NOT SPECIFICALLY IDENTIFIED BY NAME AND ARE SHOWN NOT TO HAVE TIES TO ISIS EVEN SIMULTANEOUSLY???

REALLY???!!!

Intentionally leaving a wrinkled The United States Of America Flag on the coffin is "standard' "practice" DUE TO "being" "transported"???!!!

IF an HONORABLE The United States Of America Senator, COULDN"T THEY FIND ANOTHER UNWRINKLED The United States Of America Flag FOR SUCH AN IMPORTANT NATIONAL OCCASION???!!!

JUST A FEW Debunking of Pepijn van Erp debunking Janet Ossebaard.

Pepijn van Erp is TRULY a Wooden Shoes, Wooden Head, Wouldn't Listen person TO BE IGNORED!!!

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME on YOU, diaper caddieman, FOR BRINGING OVER SUCH A POOR DEBUNKING ARTICLE!!!

Lmao.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, coorslite21 said:

Van Erp as a mathematician from across the pond is a little out of his realm discussing US politics....JMO.   CL

And Janet Ossebaard is journalist from across the pond who has studied Crop Circles for the past 20 years little out of her realm discussing US politics too. So JMO I will go with a mathematician vs an alien chaser........just sayen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

At least she had a slew of disclaimers at the start of part 1......do your own DD.....

Kind of like the CNN...Fox debate?....who do you chose to believe?    CL

So true. My Grandma, God rest her soul, use to say “Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see”.....good advice.

Edited by caddieman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2