Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Al-Kazemi Calls On The Political Blocs To Help Complete The Cabinet Formation And Confirms That He Has Received A Semi-Empty Treasury !

CNN. Broadcasting On Semi Empty While It’s Dark And I’m Wearing Sun Glasses !

Al-Kazemi calls on the political blocs to help complete the cabinet formation and confirms that he has received a semi-empty treasury

832671-876ec7a7-796a-4635-8bc2-0631ebb58

Baghdad / Nina /

Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi called on the political blocs to help complete the ministerial formation.

He said in an article to be published tomorrow in a number of newspapers: I responded to bear responsibility, relying on an understanding of political blocs and leaders, indicating that he faces challenges that require everyone to join hands to overcome them.

Al-Kazemi added that it is not possible to direct any serious step without embarking on what restores the state its prestige and its sovereignty. Stressing that corruption drained the wealth that entered the treasures of Iraq and found, and I am taking responsibility now, the treasury is almost empty.

He explained that: the dangerous decline in the country's resources necessitates the government to search in all directions to find urgent sources for paying salaries.

Al-Kazemi stressed that: No warrant has been issued and no shooting will be issued against any peaceful protester, and whoever does so will be brought to justice. / End 3

LINK

• Upvote 1

Iraq is bigger than the challenges

Tuesday 19 May 2020

alsabaah-36926.jpg

Mustafa Al-Kazemi, Prime Minister

With the approach I made before the parliament approaching the completion of the ministerial formation, we must put our people and national forces, and our young people demanding their rights, in front of the challenges I face that require everyone to unite to overcome them, and the deliberations and constructive and intensive discussions with all political forces aimed at reaching what satisfies me Our people and restore confidence in the possibility of overcoming the political process of the deepening crisis facing it and put our Iraq in front of a crossroads. I have fulfilled my duty and I already know the difficulties that stand before me, the heavy legacy that will confront me at all levels and in all vital fields that relate to the lives of citizens, and the security, sovereignty, and independence of the country.

Realizing that the crisis is comprehensive and interfering with the fabric of the state and its institutions, and hindering its economic strength that stumbled during the last period, nothing has been achieved that would lead to a comprehensive advancement of the country's food security, nor to the promotion of industry and the diversification of the state's imports, expansion of investment, and rehabilitation of eroded infrastructure. 

What added to the difficulties was the lack of serious consideration of the structure of oil production and marketing and attention to oil derivatives, while in return, the crisis of administrative and financial corruption was recycled, and the disintegration of many of the state's completion agencies and institutions. Instead of encouraging investments and work sectors and restarting troubled factories by securing what they need to absorb the unemployed workforce, the level of job inflation in the state apparatus and the depletion of resources and convincing unemployment has been raised.

All this made the challenges facing any government double. With knowledge of all these difficulties, I responded to bear responsibility, relying on an understanding of the political blocs and leaders, and before that the crowded, oppressed and demanding people of our people, due to the necessities of the stage, especially since the dangerous decline in the country's resources with the collapse of oil prices makes it necessary for the government to search in all directions to find sources Urgent to pay the salaries of workers in the state, and cover the expenses necessary to run the affairs and obligations of institutions, foremost of which is ensuring the safety of citizens from the Corona pandemic.

By putting these facts before our people and political leaders, I reaffirm that Iraq is greater than challenges, crises, and problems, no matter how high, and that we need to cooperate and collaborate with all of our people’s forces, including parliamentary blocs, political parties, and social and cultural activities, and with the understanding of our young demonstrators, enabling the government to carry out In her duty.

This support is now required from the parliamentary political blocs to help complete the ministerial formation by voting on the list of candidates for vacant ministries, in order to proceed in setting practical plans to accomplish the tasks assigned to the government from the tasks of the transitional phase, and to respond to the legitimate aspirations of citizens to provide the possible level of services and decent livelihoods And stop the violations and abuses they are subjected to, and return their children who were arrested and absent.

It should not be forgotten by all of us that we find ourselves after seventeen years, in an unenviable situation, because our sovereignty has continued to be incomplete, violated, or subject to doubts, and the lands of our country are intended to become a field of conflict for others, and the security of our citizens is threatened, not by the continued ISIS and its sleeping cells, Only, but also from uncontrolled weapons outside the framework of the state, and all manifestations of corruption, looting of public funds and waste of wealth, and the unacceptable level of classification of Iraq in terms of education, health and services. While unemployment is no longer a phenomenon that can be contained, rather the number of the unemployed, especially among graduates, has exceeded levels that we have not reached in any previous circumstance. The poverty line now includes the mothers and families of the martyrs who have lost their lives in defense of the homeland.

Although the wealth that entered the treasures of Iraq over the past 17 years was sufficient to rebuild the country and establish the future fund, corruption has drained it, and some have been smuggled out of the country publicly, and I have not found myself taking over the responsibility except for an almost empty treasury!

I found it my duty under these difficult and complicated circumstances to put our people in front of the difficulties we face, including the contradiction between public promises that emphasized my freedom to choose the cabinet, and the behind-the-scenes maneuvers, tensions and attractiveness by some. This impedes the completion of the government in order to carry out its tasks vigorously and concerted efforts to reach the declared goals. 

Sometimes it seems that what we are calling for assurances of the necessity to correct the paths of the political process and put the country on the path of recovery does not find listening ears for some here or there, without noting that the country is threatened by what will put us all in front of options that have no winner and the best of which is descending into chaos, God forbid, What prompts the reaffirmation of the need for everyone to place the supreme national interests above secondary interests, and for the efforts of all the blocs and parties and with the understanding of our people to join this stage.

We have no choice but to respond to the just popular demands expressed by the protest movement and the demonstration arenas, which brought together the best girls and young people of our people, and sincere work to achieve their demands to restore the glory, strength, and dignity of Iraq, and to eliminate the legacy of abhorrent quotas in all its manifestations, and to fight financial and administrative corruption.

It is not possible to initiate any serious step without embarking on what restores the state its prestige and its sovereignty, which requires that no party, whatever its source or source of power or loyalties, be above the will of the state, the constitution and the law, and that the weapon and firepower become in the hands of the state and the armed forces and at the command of the Commander in Chief Of the armed forces. 

I would like to confirm once again to remove any confusion, that the task entrusted to me is to cross the transitional stage as quickly as possible, and to respond to urgent tasks directly, most notably:

- Implementing the election law with the required audits or amendments, finalizing the finalization of the law of the High Electoral Commission, securing everything necessary to hold elections as soon as possible, cooperating with the United Nations Representative and local and international observers, and ensuring that the correct foundations for holding elections are held in an atmosphere Political and security guarantees its integrity and fairness.

- Take all measures and measures in cooperation between the Ministry of Interior and all security agencies to protect the demonstrators, ensure the safety of their arenas, and express their will freely, peacefully.
I clearly declare, as commander-in-chief, that I have not and will not issue any order to shoot against any peaceful protester, and whoever does so will be brought to justice. It is the duty of the Ministry of Interior and Security Services to prevent any second or third parties from interfering with the demonstrators.

- Here again I reiterate that orders have been issued to all security services to release all protestors, search, investigate and investigate to find the kidnappers and diagnose those who carried out the assassinations and put them before the law.

-To take all urgent measures to confront the economic and financial crisis, rationalize spending, fight corruption, initiate necessary reforms, and protect our people from the Corona pandemic.

- Before and during all this, restoring the prestige of the state, asserting national sovereignty, confining arms to the official institutions concerned, ensuring the security of the country against terrorist threats, establishing the rule of law and ensuring that everyone is equal before it.

As I pledge to announce what I am announcing here, I find it my duty to express the evaluation of the blocs and their leaders, who have responded with me in voting on the incomplete ministerial formation, and I look to everyone to support our efforts and the meetings and dialogues we are doing to complete the formation and facilitate its tasks within the framework of the tasks we have identified for the transitional phase.

I conclude with a response to those who warned me that I have neither a political party nor a parliamentary bloc to protect me in the pledges I have made to serve my people, by the Almighty saying: 

"مَنْ يَتَوَكَّلْ عَلَى اللَّهِ فَهُوَ حَسْبُهُ إِنَّ اللَّهَ بَالِغُ ْمْرِهِ قَدْ جَعَلَ اللَّهُ لِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَرْا" 
Believe God Almighty

LINK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Integrity: new anti-corruption laws and mechanisms

Monday 18 May 2020

alsabaah-36912.jpg

Baghdad / Omar Abdul Latif

The Integrity Committee in the House of Representatives intends to legislate new laws and adopt mechanisms that differ from the previous in fighting corruption during the next stage, and while legal experts have demanded tougher penalties in corruption cases to reach the death penalty, the Supreme Council for Combating Corruption announced the government’s adoption of a law to obtain access to information.

The parliamentary position comes in response to the call made by the Council of Ministers during its second meeting chaired by Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, during which he demanded "to study draft laws related to combating corruption, and by what works to combat it and strengthen its effectiveness, and to emphasize the strengthening of the role of relevant institutions from the Integrity Commission and the Oversight Bureau Federal Finance in coordination with the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers. "

Member of the committee, Jamal Muhammad Shakur, said in an interview with Al-Sabah: Parliament will work during the next stage to legislate new laws to fight corruption, activate other laws and follow new mechanisms that differ from the previous ones to eliminate this scourge that has squandered the country's wealth.

Shakur added that the government should work to activate the supervisory authorities in order to find appropriate solutions to combat corruption, which has increased significantly since 2003 until now, indicating that the Integrity Committee will work to help the government legislate other new laws, activate the laws that were initiated in the past and overcome the difficulties and obstacles that were Prevent them from being applied.

Shakur pointed out that previous years have witnessed the enactment of supervisory laws and amending some of them such as the law of the Integrity Commission and the recovery of funds and "Where did you get this from?" Follow up the work of ministries, government departments and institutions, and start taking measures from the top of the pyramid to the bottom, and stressing filling in the financial receipts form, starting from general managers to ministers.

For his part, the observer member of the Supreme Council for Combating Corruption, Saeed Yassin Mousa, announced that the current government is adopting legislation to obtain the right to obtain information.

Moussa explained to "Al-Sabah" that a draft of this law was submitted since 2011, and after its legislation it will enable society, media and researchers to view and obtain information from its centers and reliable and official sources, and to provide research, studies and monitoring mechanisms, after all the leaks were not documented and contributed to the impact In the popular mood in incitement, advocacy, support and backwardness, because the information that appeared on social networking sites and media institutions was not for the purpose of enhancing integrity and fighting corruption, but that some of them were for the purpose of mixing papers on the public and fabricating news and information and communicating the analysis and not the origin of the news to the Dowries, and political blackmail by leaking some information to the executive branch with a view to obtaining some benefits.

Moussa promised the enactment of the law a first step in the transparency of performance and the political system, stressing the country's need for a preventive policy, will and community awareness to enhance oversight and integrity values, provided that roles are distributed to all authorities and social activities through the adoption of a national integrity system.

Moussa added that the process does not take place except through the adoption of public policies that translate into interim strategies that the government adheres to and that the supervisory agencies provide and distributes roles with the parties to the national integrity system, warning that neglecting this process will make any talk about enhancing integrity and fighting corruption a media consumption.

While legal expert Haider Al-Soufi believes that the legal system is integrated in terms of legislation and institutions, what is lacking is the actual implementation and laws.

And Sufi, in an interview with "Al-Sabah", that there are several oversight bodies, such as the Financial Supervision Bureau, the Integrity Commission, auditors and accountants in the ministries, and they are all concerned with fighting administrative and financial corruption, but there must be coordination between the leaders of those agencies, which is the method followed by former Prime Minister Haider Al-Abbadi was in the establishment of the Anti-Corruption Council, and he himself was responsible for coordinating with the leaders of these agencies to take decisions and recommendations for corruption cases that should not remain on the shelves and take legal measures in them based on the reports of the Financial Supervision Bureau that are professional but not ineffective. 

So far, in addition to activating the reports of the former general inspectors. The legal expert stressed the necessity of activating the role of the public prosecution by making it an arm or tentacle in the ministries to replace the offices of public inspectors, and the application of the Penal Code and the Integrity Commission after adding professional amendments in the fight against corruption if they were applied, starting from the disclosure of interests form and ending with the referral to the judiciary, which could Many files reveal or hold accountable many of the corrupt, stressing the need to tighten the penalty for administrative and financial corruption in order to reach the death penalty and lay down articles specific to administrative and financial corruption crimes so that judges do not have to apply articles of negligence of employees or damage to public money whose punishment reaches up to Imprisonment for 3-4 years.

Meanwhile, the legal expert, Dr. Wathiq Al-Zabran, stressed the government's most important challenges in fighting corruption.

Al-Zubar added, in an interview with Al-Sabah, that the government should do the role of the public prosecutor, who is the guardian of the public right, the people, and the state, so that he has the right to initiate any complaint against politicians because of statements or accusations of corruption, in addition to activating the role of the Integrity Commission, which is a sober institution. Very much to her investigators and employees, but she suffers from many political interference in her work.

The legal expert who pointed out that the role of the public prosecutor is almost non-existent in the country and must be activated and end the interference of large and dominant parties as well as external interventions, he emphasized that the government should give the judiciary, the public prosecutor and the Integrity Commission the upper hand and the green light to open corruption files for violators of public money and steal it without favoring a party On the other hand, criticizing the work of the Supreme Council for Combating Corruption, because it is a vicious and extra circle of judicial, public prosecutor, and integrity commission.

LINK

Iraq and the United States of America are discussing preparations to hold the first rounds of strategic dialogue between the governments of the two countries

832586-154df9ed-a05b-4c2b-9bc3-b6bde915d

Baghdad / Nina / Iraq and the United States of America discussed preparations for the first rounds of strategic dialogue between the governments of the two countries.

The Foreign Ministry said in a statement received / Nina / copy of it: "The oldest agent Ministry of Foreign Affairs Ambassador Abdul Karim Hashim , met with US Ambassador to Iraq , Matthew Tauler, the two sides discussed bilateral relations and ways to strengthen by creating new horizons framed periodic and continuous between the two sides in consultation.

The Among the most prominent things the two sides discussed are the preparations of the two sides to hold the first rounds of strategic dialogue between the governments of the two countries, and the ways of its success, and in a way that reflects the two countries vision of a balanced strategic relationship based on the base of common interests and mutual respect.

Al-Wakeel promised that the planned strategic dialogue represents an opportunity to exchange views on many bilateral issues and issues, in addition to Iraq’s desire to develop its strategic relations with Washington. End 7

LINK

LINK

Tariq Harb: There Is No Constitutional Defect In The Event That The Cabinet Is Not Completed

%D8%B7%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%82-%D8%AD%D8%B1%D8

19th May, 2020

The legal expert, Tariq Harb, considered that the failure to complete the ministerial cabinet did not contain any constitutional defect, stressing that “the constitution did not specify the number of ministries that should be occupied.

He said in a statement to government media that "the failure of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi to complete his ministerial cabinet does not contain any defect in the constitution," noting that "the administrative defect".

Harb explained, “The constitution did not specify the number of ministries that should be occupied, or otherwise, those ministries should proceed with the agency,” stating that “a defect would confront the ministries with the agency in its work as there was no minister, but the issue was administrative and excluded.”

LINK

Legal expert: The constitution was silent on the remaining vacant ministries and did not specify a time period to resolve them

%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AE%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%B1-%D8

20:01 - 05/18/2020

On Monday, legal expert Ali Al-Tamimi confirmed that the Iraqi constitution did not specify a legal period to complete the vacant ministerial cabinet after granting confidence to more than half a plus one and leaving it vague.

Al-Tamimi said to the "information" that "the five paragraphs of Article 76 of the Iraqi constitution specified a period of time for announcing the nomination of the ministerial cabinet  and voting to grant confidence to the Prime Minister."

He added that "after the parliament voted on more than half plus one for the cabinet, there is no legal clause specifying the time period for the remaining vacant ministries."

Al-Tamimi explained that "the Iraqi constitution was silent on the time period of the remaining vacant ministries, in addition to the silence of the internal system of the Council of Ministers on that, and did not mention it with a legal paragraph or article in a clause." 

LINK

Its activation affects leaders ... The Legal Committee reveals the reason why the dual nationality law was not passed

1589865229_111952020_15643140791.jpg

19th May, 2020

In the House of Representatives, the Legal Committee revealed, on Tuesday, the reason for not passing the draft dual citizenship law.

Committee member Salim Hamza confirmed that "a draft law on dual citizenship has been prepared and has been ready for years and has been present in the parliament building, but the parliament could not pass it due to political differences."

He added: "Also, activating it will lead to the influence of many leaders and politicians who have assumed positions in it, and therefore they have to relinquish it.  Some politicians in Iraq consider the country a labor camp, and when the work contract ends, they return to the countries where they settled before 2003."

He stressed, "The political objections to the (draft) law are the reason for not passing it, and therefore it is subject to political and not constitutional views. Even the way of dealing with and threatening with it is done for interest reasons, and not for action in accordance with the law."

LINK

A deputy reveals Blaskhardt's relationship with the formation of the Al-Kazemi government

%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D8%A7%D8%B8%D9%85%D9%

15:17 - 05/19/2020

On Tuesday, independent deputy Bassem Khazaal revealed the relationship of the Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq, Janine Henness Blackshart, with the formation of the government of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi.

Khazal said in a statement to the "information", that "Blashart interfered in cooperation with Al-Halbousi in forming the Al-Kazemi government and discussed the names of the ministerial cabinet."

He added, "Cooperation with Blaschart with Al-Halbousi in taking the Sunni ministries has influenced the latter politically and will push for his isolation during the next stage," noting that "Al-Karlousi lost politically in the battle to form the government even if he obtained most of the ministries of the year."

The House of Representatives Speaker Mohamed Halbusi intervened to impose the names of Prime Minister Mustafa Kazmi in exchange for passage in the House of Representatives. 

• Upvote 2

A deputy announces that Al-Kazemi has completed his cabinet, and sets a date for submission to the House of Representatives

121782.jpg?watermark=4

Policy 05/19/2020 09:27 1758     

Baghdad today - Baghdad

The deputy of the Saeron Alliance, Mudar Al-Salman, confirmed on Tuesday (May 19, 2020) that Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi has completed the cabinet and will present it to the House of Representatives for a vote on the next Wednesday or Thursday.

Al-Salman said in a press statement, "The prime minister informed the political blocs informally of completing the file of candidates for the vacant ministries," suggesting that they "present them to the House of Representatives on the next Wednesday or Thursday." 

He added that "the House of Representatives will vote on the remainder of the ministerial booth this week," pointing out that "the Presidency of the House of Representatives did not specify the dates of the voting session for the rest of the government booth until this moment." 

And Salman added that "the Prime Minister is about to send a request to the Presidency of the Council of Representatives to determine the date of the next session to vote on the ministerial cabinet," stressing that "all seven vacant ministries will be decided." 

On May 7 of this month, Al-Kazemi won the confidence of Parliament by 15 ministries, while Nawar Nasif Jassem, Minister of Trade, Hisham Salih Dawood, Minister of Culture, and Hikma Nasser, Minister of Immigration and Displacement, Ismail Abdul Ridha Al-Lami, Minister of Agriculture, Abdul Rahman Mustafa, Minister of Justice, with oil and foreign candidates postponed until further notice.

link

Al-Kazemi is heading steadily towards completing his cabinet, Wednesday or Thursday, the first of the dates 

121836.jpg?watermark=4

Policy 05/19 2020 16:35 358    

Baghdad today - Baghdad,

Prime Minister, Mustafa Al-Kazimi, is moving towards completing the cabinet continuously in the new government, while devoting after the parliament’s vote on the remaining ministries, his dialogues with the political blocs to resolve the file of independent bodies and special grades, according to parliament deputies. 

Mudar al-Salman, the MP from the Alliance of Saireon, said in a press statement that "the Prime Minister informally informed the political blocs that he had completed the file of candidates for vacant ministries," and suggested that "they be presented to the House of Representatives on the next Wednesday or Thursday."

And Salman emphasizes that "the House of Representatives will vote on the remainder of the cabinet booth this week," pointing out that "the Presidency of the House of Representatives did not specify the dates of the voting session for the rest of the government booth until this moment." 

The deputy from Maysan Governorate adds that "the Prime Minister is going to send a request to the Presidency of the Council of Representatives to set the date for the next session to vote on the ministerial cabinet," stressing that "all seven vacant ministries will be decided." Over the past days, Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi intensified his negotiating rounds with the heads of political blocs to complete his government cabinet, as the talks witnessed differences between the blocs and components over the names of the candidates.

For his part, Yahya Al-Muhammadi, deputy of the Iraqi Forces Union bloc, affirmed that "Parliament will grant confidence this week to the vacant ministries after completing the names of the candidates by the prime minister and the political blocs in the negotiations between the parties."

"After completing the vote on the rest of the ministerial cabinet, Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazimi will go in consultation with the political blocs to resolve the file of independent bodies and special grades and submit them to parliament to give them confidence," Al-Mohammadi said in a press statement.

In the session of granting confidence to the Al-Kazemi government held on May 7, Nawar Nasif Jassem, Minister of Trade, Hisham Salih Dawood, Minister of Culture, and Hikma Nasser, Minister of Immigration and Displacement, Ismail Abdul-Ridha Al-Lami, Minister of Agriculture, Abdul-Rahman Mustafa, did not get the approval of Parliament. For fairness, with oil and foreign candidates postponing until further notice.

link

Edited by DinarThug

:lmao: 

LINK

Al-Nujaifi calls for a "mass coup" against the parliament

1589783349_1567340305f33619232d1144ebf7e33d5254dfb67a.jpg

18th May, 2020

The former governor of Nineveh, required for the judiciary, called Ethel Nujaifi, on Monday, to carry out a "mass coup" against the parliament, noting that the council formed by armed factions, economic offices and mafias of corruption will not turn against itself

Al-Nujaifi tweeted on his account on the "Twitter" website and followed him "Gilgamesh Press" saying "whoever demands the missing and the kidnapped, and who wants to fight corruption, remove Iraq from the Iranian axis, or confine arms to the state, let us demand fair and urgent elections

"The council formed by armed factions, economic offices, and mafias of corruption will not turn against itself unless the masses turn against it," he added

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, horsesoldier said:

Real head scratcher that one...where’d all “ the dough go “ ????

:lol:  Malarki,Malarki's family and friends ,Barzani family and friends, Iran and Al-Quds and

so on and so on.  Boy Iraq is going to need a lot of rope to give these ah people  their come up ins.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, nannab said:

:lol:  Malarki,Malarki's family and friends ,Barzani family and friends, Iran and Al-Quds and

so on and so on.  Boy Iraq is going to need a lot of rope to give these ah people  their come up ins.

" Boy Iraq is going to need a lot of rope . . ." I believe the time is now to invest in Hemp Stocks     :lol: :tiphat:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Discontent in the Iraqi street after the Dawa Party admitted to bombing media and economic institutions in Iraq

%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82.jpg

Wednesday 20 May 2020 - 02:00

Baghdad / d. Hamid Abdullah 

Social media outcry with the mockery, indignation and cynicism of political Islam parties after the Dawa Party admitted to bombing Iraqi economic and media targets in the era of the former Iraqi regime. 

The leader of the Dawa Party, Ali al-Adeeb, acknowledged that his party had bombed the Iraqi embassy in Beirut and killed dozens of diplomats, including Bilqis al-Rawi, the wife of the well-known Arab poet Nizar Qabbani, describing the embassy as the largest spy center in the Middle East. 

Al-Adeeb described the bombing of the Iraqi embassy as a heroic act and had mercy on the person called "Abu Maryam" who drove the car bomb that blew up the embassy building. 

The author also admitted that the political Islam parties bombed the Iraqi News Agency in 1983, describing the agency's workers as "intellectual agents" of Saddam Hussein's regime, and that they falsify the news to poison and mislead the Iraqi people and obscure the facts. 

Although the writer did not talk about the bombing of the Iraqi Ministry of Planning, which was detonated by the so-called "Mujahideen Movement" in the early eighties of the last century, he said that the car bombs detonated by Shiite parties in Iraq during the time of the previous regime were very few and had targeted institutions supporting It promotes system policies.  

The "Mujahideen Movement", which was conducting its operations against Iraq from the Syrian territories, admitted that it had bombed the Iraqi Radio and Television Service in 1982 and killed dozens of its members, among them the well-known Iraqi artist Muhammad Abdul Mohsen. 

And the forces of political Islam in Iraq suffer from great societal isolation due to the massive corruption operations that were practiced during the period of their domination of Iraq, in addition to the killing, kidnapping and displacement operations that affected hundreds of thousands of Iraqis. 

The storming of the MBC Iraq building in Baghdad by a pro-Shi’ite audience reminded a series of attacks on media outlets, media professionals, writers, and Iraqi researchers who criticized the experience of political Islam in managing state institutions in Iraq over the past 17 years.

LINK

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

LINK

Likely to vote on the rest of Al-Kazimi's ministers before the Eid

%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D8%A7%D8%B8%D9%85%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D9%84%D8%A8%D9%88%D8%B3%D9%8A.jpeg

20th May, 2020

Parliament Speaker Khadija Ali decided, on Tuesday, to hold a session of parliament next Thursday to give confidence to the remaining ministries in the government of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, while pointing to the Prime Minister's confirmation of the introduction of the ministerial cabinet before Eid Al-Fitr

Ali told "Shafaq News" that "the Prime Minister spoke two days ago that he would submit the full ministerial cabinet to the House of Representatives before Eid al-Fitr," noting that "the Presidency did not inform members of parliament of the date of the session

She explained that "it is possible that the parliament session will be held to give confidence to the remaining ministries in the government next Thursday, according to Al-Kazemi’s pledge to the members of the House of Representatives to complete the cabinet

After midnight Wednesday, May 6, the Iraqi parliament voted to grant confidence in the ministerial curriculum to the government of Mustafa Al-Kazemi and 15 ministers in the cabinet, but five candidates did not gain confidence, and they are the ministries of trade, agriculture, culture, immigration and justice

The House of Representatives also postponed the vote on the candidates of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Oil until another time, due to the lack of agreement to nominate the candidates

• Upvote 1

LINK

Deputy: Five candidates for the agreed oil bag were sent from 24 visual representatives

%D8%B9%D8%A8%D8%AF-%D8%B9%D9%88%D9%86-%D

15:04 - 20/05/2020

Basra Governor Abd Aoun al-Abadi announced, on Wednesday, the sending of 5 candidates for the position of the Ministry of Oil to Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi in preparation for voting for one of them in the House of Representatives.

Al-Abadi told / Information, “There is a difference of views about some of the candidates for the oil bag and not a dispute or a dispute in the sense of mutual accusations.” Noting that “24 representatives from Basra Governorate agree all of them about five names submitted to Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi yesterday to choose one of them for the bag Oil.”

He pointed out that "the five candidates are all independent and are not affiliated with any political party," noting that "the process of selecting the candidates was carried out according to the principle of obtaining the highest votes." 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

LINK

Agreement that the government booth is free of any former minister

1589937798_1588849492_doc-p-344383-637244004604866007.jpg

20th May 2020

The Parliamentary Bloc of Wisdom, led by Ammar Al-Hakim, on Wednesday revealed a political consensus that the government cabinet of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi should be free of any former minister.

According to the official media, the deputy of the Al-Hikma faction Hassan Fadd said, "There is a consensus of the political forces that the Al-Kazemi government is free of any former minister in the government of Adel Abdul-Mahdi." And justice

He added that "during the formation of the government a request signed by 130 deputies and 15 governors to Prime Minister Mustafa Kazmi for the purpose of keeping the former Minister of Planning Nuri al-Dulaimi, in his post in the new government, being a minister and successful management of the ministry was a highly professional manner

He continued, "There was a desire among the political blocs to keep the former Minister of Health Jaafar Allawi because of his success in managing the Corona pandemic file, but the insistence of the political forces on the absence of Al-Kazemi's government from any former minister prevented the two ministers from being kept

He pointed out that "the mass of wisdom does not object to any national situation in which it has an interest in Iraq and has no disagreement with any forces, but rather has understandings with everyone

• Upvote 1

An American magazine talks about Al-Kazimi's reformist vision "not revolutionary", and he has internal and external challenges ahead of him

121848.jpg?watermark=4

Policy 05/20/2020 10:38 353 Editor: mst   

Baghdad today - translation

The American magazine "Foreign Policy" published a report by writer Renad Mansour, in which he talked about Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazimi's vision of reform in light of the political blockage and the economic crisis, and the absence of trust between the people and the elites in power, while the report indicated that Al-Kazemi is neither a revolutionary nor an authoritarian man expected to pursue Progressive reform in the country. 

The report stated, "The new Iraqi Prime Minister, Mustafa Al-Kazemi, faces challenges to impose reform in the country, at a time when the Iraqi government faces serious challenges that it has to deal with." 

The report notes that "serious challenges have been caused by political elites over the past two decades competing for power, forgetting the interests of the people and that have led to a popular revolution in which street forces have been able to prove themselves and demand the isolation of the ruling political class."

According to "Foreign Policy", "Al-Kazemi now faces internal and external challenges, as Iraq suffers from an internal health crisis due to the emerging Corona virus, and a security crisis because of fears of the return of ISIS, let alone an economic crisis, whether what people suffer internally or because of low prices Oil that will reduce treasury revenues. "

And she added, "The new prime minister will not be revolutionary and reform the system once, or he will deal with the principle of authoritarian man, but he is seeking a gradual reform of the internal system." 

The report adds, "Al-Kazimi's first task will be to bridge the gap between citizens and political elites on the one hand, and reconciling political elites with each other on the other hand, which means that he will lead a reform based on balance within the current conditions."

"Al-Kazemi is not the only prime minister who comes up with a comprehensive reform program, but his early days reveal complex challenges that he will face during the current period, in which Iraqi President Barham Saleh must cooperate with him in order to ensure the implementation of the desired reforms," the magazine says. 

She pointed out that "President Barham Saleh had a great role after the period in which the former Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi resigned in order to choose an alternative for him, as many candidates who were linked to Iran refused to push their names nominated."

On Al-Kazemi’s first strategy, the magazine’s report stated that she “sought to persuade the demonstrators that he listened to their demands and represented their voices, so that he did not fall into the trap of losing confidence in the Iraqi government and that it lost legitimacy during the past years. In late September, one of the most prominent of these steps was taken by Al-Kazemi after he took office.

LINK

• Like 1

Parliament is likely to hold a session tomorrow .. but did not inform the deputies !!

Iraqi Council of Representatives

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

House of Representatives Rapporteur, Khadija Ali, suggested that a parliament session be held tomorrow, Thursday, to give confidence to the remaining ministries in the government of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, noting that the Prime Minister confirmed the submission of the cabinet before Eid Al-Fitr.

Ali said in a press statement: "The Prime Minister spoke two days ago about submitting the full ministerial cabinet to the House of Representatives before Eid Al-Fitr," but added, "The Presidency did not inform members of Parliament of the date of the session."

She explained: "It is possible that the parliament session will be held to give confidence to the remaining ministries in the government tomorrow, Thursday, according to Al-Kazemi’s pledge before members of Parliament to complete the cabinet."

The Iraqi parliament voted after midnight Wednesday, May 6, to give confidence to 15 ministers in the cabinet, but five candidates did not gain confidence, they are the candidates of the ministries of Trade, Agriculture, Culture, Immigration and Justice. Also, the House of Representatives postponed the vote on the candidates of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Oil until another time. Not agreeing to nominate the candidates.

https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/ar/Story/195388/البرلمان-يرجح-عقد-جلسة-غدا-لكنه-لم-يبلغ-النواب

رجحت مقررة مجلس النواب، خديجة علي، عقد جلسة للبرلمان غدا الخميس لمنح الثقة للوزارات المتبقية في حكومة رئيس الوزراء مصطفى الكاظمي، مشيرة الى تأكيد رئيس مجلس الوزراء...

Parliment.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

HowieC

• HowieC
  • Platinum VIP

14 minutes ago, HowieC said:

Parliament is likely to hold a session tomorrow .. but did not inform the deputies !!

First Of All ...

Great Avatar Of A Smooth Fox Terrier Which Was The Famous RCA Victrola Dog Logo For Decades ...

It Was Fooled By The Perfect Sound Reproduction Of His Masters Voice Thru A Speaker ! :o 

And When That Advertising Campaign First Came Out - Fox Terriers Became The Most Popular Dog Breed Of The 1920’s ...

I Used To Have A Couple Of Them - Great Breed ...

Hence Why This Idiot Knows So Much About Them ...

:D  :D  :D  

But Here’s A Supersized Enhanced Version Of Howie’s Great Article ! ;)

And Sorry For All Of The Rambling Preamble ... Unless Ur A Dog Lover ...   :lmao: 

Parliament is likely to hold a session tomorrow .. but did not inform the deputies !!

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

House of Representatives Rapporteur, Khadija Ali, suggested that a parliament session be held tomorrow, Thursday, to give confidence to the remaining ministries in the government of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, noting that the Prime Minister confirmed the submission of the cabinet before Eid Al-Fitr.

Ali said in a press statement: "The Prime Minister spoke two days ago about submitting the full ministerial cabinet to the House of Representatives before Eid Al-Fitr," but added, "The Presidency did not inform members of Parliament of the date of the session."

She explained: "It is possible that the parliament session will be held to give confidence to the remaining ministries in the government tomorrow, Thursday, according to Al-Kazemi’s pledge before members of Parliament to complete the cabinet."

The Iraqi parliament voted after midnight Wednesday, May 6, to give confidence to 15 ministers in the cabinet, but five candidates did not gain confidence, they are the candidates of the ministries of Trade, Agriculture, Culture, Immigration and Justice. Also, the House of Representatives postponed the vote on the candidates of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Oil until another time. Not agreeing to nominate the candidates.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

LINK

Iraq’s New Prime Minister Is Taking Things Slow

Iraqi Prime Minister-designate Mustafa al-Kadhimi makes a speech before the Iraqi Parliament in Baghdad on May 6.

18th May, 2020

After months of horse-trading and two failed attempts, Iraq finally has a new prime minister. Former head of intelligence Mustafa al-Kadhimi is set to lead the country through an economic crisis stemming from a collapse in the oil price, a health crisis caused by an inadequate coronavirus response, and a potential security crisis due to a resurgent Islamic State.

But the root of all these crises is political. Over the past few years, Iraq’s ruling elite has become less able to respond to the needs of its citizens. As protesters in the squares of Baghdad and the country’s south continue to call for revolution, the political elites are engulfed in infighting, vying for control of ministries and what’s left in the state coffers.

Despite this dire context, the new prime minister is neither a revolutionary who will overhaul the system nor a strongman who will centralize power. Instead, he is seeking incremental reform, working within the existing system. His vision is to navigate the impasse between citizens and elites—and the political fragmentation between elites themselves—by striking a new balance between reform and the status quo.

Kadhimi is not the first new prime minister to come in promising sweeping reform. His initial days as prime minister offer glimpses into the challenges he will face—and his chances of overcoming them. He will work closely with President Barham Salih to pursue this strategy. Salih has been key to  stopping certain previous prime minister candidates. The governor of Basra, Asad al-Eidani, was nominated by the Fateh bloc, which is linked to the powerful Shia-sectarian Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF). He was widely hated by protesters. Salih rejected the nomination, momentarily stepping out of the ceremonial nature of the presidency’s mandate. From the beginning, Salih privately wanted Kadhimi to get the job. The two reform-minded liberals—Kadhimi and Salih—now sit in the two most senior formal positions of Iraqi politics.

An initial strategy for the prime minister has been to convince protesters that he represents their voice. In the past few years, Iraq’s government lost much of its legitimacy: Having lost the credibility to speak on behalf of their constituents or the ability to hand out economic rewards like public jobs it instead resorted to violence to repress demonstrations. More than 600 protesters were killed and tens of thousands wounded since protests began in October 2019.

In a symbolic gesture, Kadhimi swiftly promoted Lt. Gen. Abdul Wahab al-Saadi, whose dismissal from the Counter Terrorism Service (CTS) in late September 2019 helped spark the mass protests. When armed groups killed a protester in Basra in his first week of office, Kadhimi issued a statement demanding an investigation into all killings and imprisonments of protesters and said he would create a committee to investigate the deaths of protesters.

But can Kadhimi transform these symbolic gestures into meaningful change? The first clues come from his attempt to form his cabinet. Kadhimi was poised to play hardball and push through a full cabinet of allies. He wanted his government to reflect popular protests and the general population rather than political parties. Iraq’s politics are based on patronage, with political parties relying on their control over ministries to ensure economic rewards and power. Rather than wait for parties to submit their preferred candidates, as they usually do, Kadhimi sent his picks for ministers to the parties, which they could then agree to or veto.

Although he chose the candidates, he nonetheless tasked them with striking a deal with the party that controls the respective ministry. Party bosses only agreed to candidates who promised them similar staffing arrangements in the ministry and favorable contracts in the future, so it was business as usual in those cases. In reality, Kadhimi was removing himself from the backroom corruption but not removing corruption from the system.

Kadhimi initially secured only 15 of 22 ministers, losing many of the close allies he had initially wanted in his cabinet. Parties waited until the last minute to force the concessions.

Despite this, Kadhimi keenly ensured that the two security ministries—defense and interior—were headed by competent generals known for their discipline and who were not involved in political infighting. The Interior Ministry is no longer headed by a minister from the Badr Organization—a group linked to the PMF. Instead, it is under an experienced military general, Othman al-Ghanimi, who still had to give Badr certain assurances to get the post. Ghanami will be tasked with overseeing the investigation of groups within the ministry that attacked protesters, which will test his commitment to comprehensive justice.

Kadhimi does not have friends in his cabinet. He will try to develop allies in his attempt for incremental change, but he has also had to play by the rules by offering parties a share in the spoils.

For the past few years, Iraqi governments have been defined by independent technocrats. In reaction to protests in 2015 and 2016, Prime Ministers Haider al-Abadi and Adil Abdul-Mahdi attempted to win back public trust by appointing nonpolitical and technocratic ministers, similarly offering the illusion of change. Losing their ability to control the ministers, the political parties allowed for weak independent ministers at the top of each ministry and in exchange focused on flooding the ministries with their appointees at the lower levels. In the technocratic era, the second tier of officials at the ministries—directors-general and deputy ministers—became more powerful than the top tier, often forcing the ministers into policy decisions.

Kadhimi’s government is based instead on varying profiles: from independent technocrats who have broad implicit “understandings” with parties or who made explicit deals with them, to former civil servants who have years of service as proxies within the system for ruling parties. To varying extents, ministers have already reached understandings or agreements with the parties that they represent to ensure that their patterns of nepotism and corruption are maintained. Although Kadhimi is against the corruption associated with this system of politics, it is the game he is willing to play to become prime minister and pursue his reform strategy.

That strategy will be his key to winning back public trust. To do so, his team is preparing to focus on electoral reform, political party law reform, and early elections. While the electoral law is a parliamentary issue, and thus might be the very party whose stranglehold over the political system Kadhimi is trying to weaken, his team hopes to establish a committee to guide the process that will include prominent civil society activists.

However, the timeframe of incremental reform does not add up to the timeframe that protesters are willing to offer the new prime minister. Instead of more promises, they want action. Instead, of calls for early elections, they want a committed election date.

Kadhimi’s primary battle will be over the prime minister’s office (PMO). The PMO is a powerful institution that houses the National Security Council, the CTS, the PMF commission, and the Iraqi National Intelligence Service. His predecessor, Abdul-Mahdi, gave away much of the control over this office to the political parties, particularly to the Sadrists and Fateh. Abdul-Mahdi even lost control over his inner circle of advisors who became proxies for the political parties. Kadhimi will also engage in a strategic dialogue with the United States, especially over security issues, to win back trust following the failures of the Abdul-Mahdi government.

The last time I saw Kadhimi was in his office in Baghdad in February. We chatted about many of the crises facing Iraq, particularly challenges faced by the protesters. He told me of his admiration of the protesters for their bravery in risking death to try to reform the political system. However, as the head of Iraqi intelligence, Kadhimi in his day job had to put personal beliefs aside and remained part of the system of repression. Throughout his years as intelligence chief, he worked within the system, opening space for civil society activism and independent journalism, but was also in office during the killing of protesters in Basra in 2018 and Baghdad and southern Iraq in 2019.

Later in the conversation, Kadhimi pointed to a picture in his office of Singapore’s first prime minister, Lee Kuan Yew, who is credited with transforming Singapore in one generation from a developing to a developed country. That admiration will need to be matched with tough choices, however, to execute a similar plan in Iraq.

• Upvote 1