Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

An Open Letter To Mohammad K Issa at Warka

phlip

Dear Mohammad K Issa

Please, be advised that many Warka Account holders are no longer able to access the Warka Bank website at http://www.warka-bank.com/ .

Also, many Warka Account holders are now unable to access Warka Bank’s Online Banking at https://onlinebanking.warka-bank-iq.com/IBS/index.jsp .

The reason is that Warka Bank’s Online Security Certificate is not valid and is viewed as a security risk by most popular browsers, including Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome. These browsers will not allow a user to name an exception in order to bi-pass the browser security protocol and thereby access the Warka Bank Online Banking; even when it is a security risk.

Now Microsoft no longer supports the Windows 7 Operating System and are forcing users to upgrade to the Windows 10 Operating System.

The Windows 10 Operating System does not allow an exception to be made, no matter which browser is used.

Without access to Warka Bank’s Online Banking, Warka Account holders will no longer be able to systematically upgrade their passwords in order to keep current access to their accounts.

Consequently, those Warka Account holders will be cut off from their accounts.

What will happen to the funds in those accounts?

At your earliest convenience, please advise all Warka Account holders when Warka Bank plans to upgrade the Online Security Certificate in order to make it current and safe to access by all Operating Systems and Browsers.

Thank you very much for your time to solve this problem. I look forward to hearing from you with a solution.

Warm Regards,

Edited by phlip
  • Thanks 4

Somehow, part of this letter got deleted when I originally posted it.

Here is the full version:

Dear Mohammad K Issa

Please, be advised that many Warka Account holders are no longer able to access the Warka Bank website at http://www.warka-bank.com/ .

Also, many Warka Account holders are now unable to access Warka Bank’s Online Banking at https://onlinebanking.warka-bank-iq.com/IBS/index.jsp .

The reason is that Warka Bank’s Online Security Certificate is not valid and is viewed as a security risk by most popular browsers, including Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome. These browsers will not allow a user to name an exception in order to bi-pass the browser security protocol and thereby access the Warka Bank Online Banking; even when it is a security risk.   

Warka Account holders that have been using the Firefox Browser with the Microsoft Windows 7 Operating System have so far been able to claim an exception in order to bi-pass Warka Bank’s invalid Security Certificate and therefore have been able to use Warka Bank Online Banking to access their accounts.

Now Microsoft no longer supports the Windows 7 Operating System and are forcing users to upgrade to the Windows 10 Operating System.

The Windows 10 Operating System does not allow an exception to be made, no matter which browser is used.

Without access to Warka Bank’s Online Banking, Warka Account holders will no longer be able to systematically upgrade their passwords in order to keep current access to their accounts.

Consequently, those Warka Account holders will be cut off from their accounts.

What will happen to the funds in those accounts?

At your earliest convenience, please advise all Warka Account holders when Warka Bank plans to upgrade the Online Security Certificate in order to make it current and safe to access by all Operating Systems and Browsers.

Thank you very much for your time to solve this problem. I look forward to hearing from you with a solution.

Warm Regards,

• Like 1

Phlip - one thing you can try if you use FireFox is to completely uninstall FF and install an older version, then create the security exception in the older version of FF. After that you can upgrade your FF as required.

This worked for me last year when my laptop crapped out and I had to buy a new one. Both old and new laptops were W10. I think I used FF 32,,, Here is a link to an ftp site with older FF versions - https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/

Let us know if this works for you,,,

And MUCH thanks for emailing Mr Issa and sharing here,,,

Edited by NMP2017

NMP2017

Thanks very much for your response.

I'm the person using Firefox and Windows 7 with a security exception in place as mentioned in the letter and so have always been able to access Warka's sites as long as they were up and running.

However, your advice is very much appreciated as I have friends who are having troubles accessing and I will direct them to your reply.

I'm committed to retrieving my funds from Warka and will hang on to my access as long as I can.

I've held IQD for 16 years now and have had a Warka account for 12 years. Between the fall of 2010 and the spring of 2012 I was able to transfer USD from my Warka account to my US account 4 separate times before I got shut out.

Now Warka is again solvent and free of the CBI guardianship but there simply is not enough USD in Iraq for Warka to purchase at auction and set us free. In fact, physical cash is in short supply everywhere in the world including the USA.

Hopefully, digital USD will be the future in Iraq and we can bring our funds home.

Thanks again and the best of luck to us all.

On 5/13/2020 at 10:21 PM, NMP2017 said:

Phlip - one thing you can try if you use FireFox is to completely uninstall FF and install an older version, then create the security exception in the older version of FF. After that you can upgrade your FF as required.

This worked for me last year when my laptop crapped out and I had to buy a new one. Both old and new laptops were W10. I think I used FF 32,,, Here is a link to an ftp site with older FF versions - https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/

Let us know if this works for you,,,

And MUCH thanks for emailing Mr Issa and sharing here,,,

FF-32 didn't work for me on Win10, however FF-29 did. Today I was able to access my online IBS account through FF-29 and export account balances and Internet Statements in both PDF and CSV formats.

Access To my online IBS account is also possible through iPad IOS and Safari browser too, including downloading same files to Files for accessing on the iPad.

Cheers,

DHB

1 hour ago, DinarHillBilly said:

FF-32 didn't work for me on Win10, however FF-29 did. Today I was able to access my online IBS account through FF-29 and export account balances and Internet Statements in both PDF and CSV formats.

Access To my online IBS account is also possible through iPad IOS and Safari browser too, including downloading same files to Files for accessing on the iPad.

Cheers,

DHB

Great to hear it worked DHB!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been sending this for 6 months at least once a week with no response. I also include the CBI on the address list.

To: Mohammad K. ISSA <ifrd@warka-bank-iq.com>; laith alamir <e-bank.ms@warka-bank-iq.com>; e-bank@warka-bank-iq.com <e-bank@warka-bank-iq.com>; 3046@warka-bank-iq.com <3046@warka-bank-iq.com>; c.services@warka-bank-iq.com <c.services@warka-bank-iq.com>; cbi@cbiraq.org <cbi@cbiraq.org>
Subject: As an account holder with Warka Bank, I do not have access to my accounts.

Subject: Invalid Online Banking Web Page Security Certificate Renewal - Please Reply

Would you please renew your Web Page Security Certificate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greetings,

There is a problem affecting your customers outside of Iraq. Your online login banking web page address no longer has a valid security certificate. Because of this, hundreds and maybe thousands of your foreign customers cannot login to your online banking login web page because we are blocked because your login page is viewed as a security risk and we are not allowed to proceed . Could you please renew your online banking web page security certificate so your foreign customers can access their accounts?

Thank you,

This is the warning that appears when attempting to login to the account page.

onlinebanking.warka-bank-iq.com normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to onlinebanking.warka-bank-iq.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be onlinebanking.warka-bank-iq.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit onlinebanking.warka-bank-iq.com right now because its certificate has been revoked. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.