Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Snipe Huntin'

Smokey Mtn. Dinar

Snipe Huntin'  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Has any one here ever been Snipe Hunting?

• YES
    • NO

Had to look it up as I didn't know the meaning of this one....

A North-American prank and rite of passage wherein older adolescents take younger boys into the wilderness for the supposed purpose of “snipe hunting.” Snipes are an imaginary game bird purported to resemble quails or pheasants or what have you (the fictional snipe is not to be confused with the extant North American shorebird of that same name). Snipe hunts take place on moonless nights; the victims are provided burlap bags with which to catch the birds, while the conspirators spot them with flashlights. The conspirators make birdcalls, through rocks in the bushes, and urgently cry out “snipe” to make the victims believe that there are actually birds in the area. The victims don’t want to be the only one who can’t see the imaginary birds, so they claim to have seen them also. Pretty soon the victims have convinced each other they are surrounded by snipes and proceed to run about foolishly in search of the non-existent birds. “Dude right there didn’t you see it?” The conspirators will often agree that they have just seen a snipe in that cactus patch or lake or thorny bush and order then the victims to dive in and catch it with his respective sack. The victims are then often abandoned by their guides, thus completing the joke. The cycle repeats when this year’s dupes become privy to the joke and then take their younger brothers out the following year, in search of the ever-illusive snipe.
"You've never heard of snipe hunting? Dude we should go this weekend."
by sleepinggrass January 20, 2005

• Haha 1

wE HAD

We had a little fishing boat called Snipe Hunt . The main hatch was left p

We had a little fishing boat called Snipe hunt

• Haha 1

My daughters' boy friend, a cajun, has never heard of a snipe. So now we are planning on taking him snipe hunting! :D  Already texted my son earlier today, and he agrees, this guy has to go snipe huntin'. And we have the perfect place to take him. My son knows the mountain because it is family owned, and my son has been enjoying that place his whole life. :D :cowboy2: 🐤 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Smokey Mtn. Dinar said:

UPDATE: My daughter has taken her boyfriend hiking today. On the family mountain. I am sure she does not plan to take him snipe huntin' today.  I think it would be better, funnier, if my son takes him. 

I am going down to the home coming july 4th I will check this out

• Upvote 1