Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

No GOI formation of any kind before the end of Ramadan

zantac

Going to stick my butt on the line & say this

Pack your IQD back under the bed until the end of Ramadan cuz you will not see formation of the GOI in any form & certainly not a RV from Wednesday dawn until September 9th Dusk

Bashers go for it but I will remind you when I am correct

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Just kind of curious as to why?

Wikipedia

Ramadan....is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar. It is the Islamic month of fasting, in which participating Muslims refrain from eating, drinking and sexual activities from dawn until sunset.[1] Fasting is intended to teach Muslims about patience, humility and spirituality and is a time for Muslims to fast for the sake of God (Arabic: الله‎, trans: Allah) and to offer more prayer than usual. During Ramadan, Muslims ask forgiveness for past sins, pray for guidance and help in refraining from everyday evils, and try to purify themselves through self-restraint and good deeds...

Do you actually believe the whole country is going to come to a grinding halt for a month?

Pack your IQD back under the bed until the end of Ramadan cuz you will not see formation of the GOI in any form & certainly not a RV from Wednesday dawn until September 9th Dusk

Might be true, Z, I won't pretend to know enough about the nuances of Ramadan to extend on opinion about government formation during religious holidays.

But, . . . . and I like big buts, . . . we don't really need this. Lets have the government people who actually do all the work take care of business while the decisions get announced. It's not like they get holiday pay for this ****. They're just running the country. And my hat's off to those people who are probably working 25-hour days.

There's a plan, a statute read into law, and a general statutory schedule. It will be good.

Maynard

• Upvote 4

Of course its not going to RV.....but the forming of the govt will continue through ramadan....they will not be allowed to take a break during this month just because its a holiday hahaha NO ONE will let them do that!!! They are still being pushed a prodded by many to get the show on the road....they will continue to work of course....but yea no RV before or during....but right after Ramadan is key......

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

well zantac, I read a book once that said. THE TRUTH HURTS. now as i get older, i realize that not knowing can hurt also. thanks for the post.

I would wager you are correct. Albeit it was 6 yrs ago, but I remember Ramadan. We was in the Al Kut and Najaf area alot then chasing Al Sadr. It seemed every local was doing mass road marches enroute to who knows where carrying huge tribal flags. About every mile there was a huge tent I assumed was for resting and etc. But.....I remember also I never saw them do any work during this time.

Now some of the guys that is there now or not long ago can correct me if I am wrong. I am pulling from a bad memory here....getting older LOL.

zantac, on 09 August 2010 - 05:37 PM, said:

Gutsy move Zantac ... and you might be right ... but I'm of an opinion similar to keepmwlknfny:

Of course its not going to RV.....but the forming of the govt will continue through ramadan....they will not be allowed to take a break during this month just because its a holiday hahaha NO ONE will let them do that!!! They are still being pushed a prodded by many to get the show on the road....they will continue to work of course....but yea no RV before or during....but right after Ramadan is key......

Thanks for the post

Edited by Doc31
  • Upvote 1

\We have some missionary friends in a Muslum country....they state that most of the area they are in shuts down during this time.....as it is a time of sacrifice for them. I don't think the CBI will RV during this time because of the reactions that their own people might have (not sacrificial). And lots of businesses will not be open during regular hours either so it will be harder to do all the things necessary to accomadate a RV.

Maybe before! But I kinda doubt it, too.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I think a bit of reservation should be observed when speaking of Ramadaan and what we, in the West, may feel is a potential impact to the formation of a government. I would suspect that if the UN and the Western world allow Iraq to play the 'Ramadaan' card as a legitimate excuse not to do what they have to then it would not be the Iraqis who are fools but the rest of us. You can still do all manner of things during Ramadaan. You can still work, you can still play, nothing inhibits one's ability to sit down and accomplish something during this period. It's not like every one and their mother heads to the nearest mosque and doesn't come out until the sun sets. Could the RV happen before Ramadaan starts, yes. Personally speaking, I suspect that the RV will occur somewhere within Ramadaan, most likely the end, My logic is this: Ramadaan, while a holy event, happens to coincide with a real world fiscal event. You see, the ISX wants to be internationally recognized and go on the FOREX before October. I do believe that there is some funky rule that states a currency needs 30 days on the FOREX to be internationally recognized :unsure: In any event. I would think that currency aside expectations aside that if the RV 'miraculously' appears at the end of Ramadaan, it woud be seen as a 'god send'. This would definitely play into the people having a better opinion of their politicians. Interesting how a stressed out, physically weakend, and mentally depressed people can sudenly 'love' the political figureheads who've been screwing them over all along. Irronically enough, October is just in time for our mid-term elections in November over here. Which would suggest that, and I'm reaching here, politicians on both sides of the Atlantic are doing this to stress and degrade their constituents and rivals so when they 'save the day' with an RV, the world loves them for it. Not that I don't trust politicians <_< They're the most sincere and caring group of people on the planet and would never orchestrate mass suffering and hysteria only to feed their own political agendas to ensure they stay in power.... Perish the thought.....

• Upvote 1