Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Email from Sterling Currency Group

genique05

October sentencing date set for co-owner of former BB&T headquarters building

BB&T BUILDING

Tyson Rhame and other investors bought the BB&T building in 2014 for nearly $60 million.

DAVID ROLFE

A federal judge in Georgia has set Oct. 5 as the next potential sentencing date for a convicted felon who co-owns the former BB&T Financial Center in downtown Winston-Salem.

Tyson “Ty” Rhame was convicted Oct. 10, 2018, on 11 of 13 counts of mail and wire fraud conspiracy, as well as multiple counts of mail and wire fraud.

The sentencing hearing for Rhame and co-defendants Frank Bell and James Shaw has been delayed multiple times as their motions for acquittal and a new trial were pursued.

On March 25, U.S. District Court Judge Steve Jones denied those motions.

Jones said in a legal filing Thursday that the sentencing hearing could take up to two weeks.

The U.S. Attorney’s office handling the case has declined to comment on the judge’s March 25 ruling.

The BB&T building at 200 W. Second St. has been listed since March 2016 as a potential forfeiture target for the U.S. government if Rhame was convicted.

Rhame has shared ownership of the building with Charlotte investor Ray Gee. They paid $60 million for it in December 2014, nearly $26 million more than its tax value at the time.

Rex Morgan, an attorney representing Gee, said March 28 that “due to the current instability in virtually all areas of commerce spawned by COVID-19, I truly cannot say if Mr. Rhame’s conviction will have any effect one way or another” on the operation of the former BB&T center.

Truist Financial Corp. said March 5 that it is leaving the building — BB&T Corp.’s headquarters for 25 years before its purchase of SunTrust Banks Inc. of Atlanta created Truist — in favor of three lower-profile sites it owns in the city.

“These transitions are part of Truist’s overall corporate real-estate strategy to move our teams from leased spaces into owned buildings whenever possible,” Truist spokeswoman Shelley Miller said. The new headquarters of the combined banks is in Charlotte.

Rhame was the founder of Sterling Currency Group LLC of Atlanta. Federal attorneys claimed that between 2010 and June 2015, the company grossed more than $600 million in revenue from the sale of the Iraqi dinar and other currencies. Rhame and Shaw received more than $180 million in distributions.

The Sterling officials were accused by U.S. attorneys of “taking steps to make investors believe they would get rich by investing in the Iraqi dinar.”

Rhame and Bell also were convicted of making false statements to federal law enforcement agents. The jury acquitted the defendants on charges that at least $19.9 million was laundered through 24 accounts.

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Oh man!  You are so right!  

It's not the trial that keeps getting delayed, it's the sentencing.

Thank you so much!

The Sterling officials were accused by U.S. attorneys of “taking steps to make investors believe they would get rich by investing in the Iraqi dinar.”  

That's where Terry K comes in and the "Reserves".

Blue Skyline, do you have any idea when/if we will get our money back?

The DOJ's communications with investors have been few and far between.

And every letter I get says the sentencing (not the trial)  has been postponed.

Thank You Floridian . No . I do not know ........I hope The RV/RI happens long before October 5th sentencing 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, blueskyline said:

Thank You Floridian . No . I do not know ........I hope The RV/RI happens long before October 5th sentencing 

Yes,  if the RV happens, I won't care if I get my "Reserve" money back.  😂

I hope they don't postpone the sentencing again.  Those guys need to go to jail.

I'm going to read the article you posted now.  I hadn't seen it before.

Thanks again, Blue Skyline.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

@Floridian, you are probably correct that it was Terry K, I honestly remember it as TNT Tony, but I'll take your word for it and admit I'm wrong and I apologize for that mistake.  I'm also sorry you feel that I'm judging you, because I'm not. What I said was, "You obviously still have some dinar and believe in the RV because you are active here on DV.  So it surprises me that you feel you were swindled, that's all..... As I said, jmho, and you are certainly entilted to have a different one."  I really don't see that as being judgemental and I'm sorry that you took it that way.  I did my best to point out that I just had a different viewpoint, but that it's fine that we see things differently. 

But with regards to the facts, I stand by what I said.  Namely that while Sterling did commit the crime of paying someone to hype the dinar so that they could increase their sales, their whole business was a NOT a con or scam and that their selling dinar on reserves is not the main cause of action.  You said, "The "scam" part of the whole deal was that the reserves expired in a very short period of time,...."  But that's not what the Justice Department and FBI say!!!  I'm not party to the lawsuit as you are, so I admit I don't have as much information as you do, BUT, the FBI did send me an email (copied below) asking if I bought dinar from Sterling Currency.  The email did NOT EVEN MENTION RESERVES, and they listed themselves," the FBI sender", as  "IraqiDinarScam@fbi.gov".  They clearly view the Iraqi dinar RV as a scam!!!  Furthermore on the Justice Department's webite, on the page they've made specifically for the Sterling Currency Group Action (partially copied below),  they even put out the blanket call for anyone who bought Iraqi dinar from any other source to contact them.  And then they proceed to explain that the Iraqi dinar RV is a scam!   

So the scam is not that Sterling sold dinar on reserves, the Feds don't even mention reserves.   The Feds think that the claim that the IQD will ever RV is the scam.  (Of course, we don't agree with them and we're already used to most people thinking that way).  But since there's no way to prove that the RV will never happen and that it is a scam, they were at least able to nail Sterling for illegally paying a pumper to hype an imminent RV so they could increase sales.  (And they also nailed them for lying to federal agents.)  I honestly think that if the Feds could have found ways to prosecute other dinar dealers, they would have.  But since they didn't prosecute any other dealers who were also selling dinar on reserves, that indicates to me that "selling dinar on reserves" was not much of a crime. Frankly, l really don't know how "selling dinar on reserves" fits into Sterling's lawsuit, although it clearly looks to be a secondary issue.  But I do hope you get your reserve money back since it's clearly a sore spot for you.  And hopefully soon we'll see the RV happen and we can all finally move on to bigger and better things! 

(from the Justice Department's Sterling Currency Action website)

Please also note that if you believe you are a victim of a scheme involving the Iraqi dinar you may contact the FBI. The FBI website states:

ince the 2003 Iraq war, various promoters have claimed that the Iraqi dinar will undergo a “revaluation” (RV), meaning that dinar holders would make enormous profits. Many of these promoters claim to have high-level sources in the government or the financial industry. Several state agencies, major financial institutions, and consumer protection groups have cautioned that this is a scam.

If you wish to contact the FBI about this matter you may do so at https://forms.fbi.gov/iraqi-dinar-investment-investigation

Date: March 6, 2019 at 2:14:35 PM PST
To: Undisclosed recipients:;
Subject: Sterling Currency Group; United States v. Tyson Rhame, et. al., 1:16-CR-67-SCJ-CMS

To whom it may concern:

The Federal Bureau of Investigation and Internal Revenue Service are investigating individuals associated with Sterling Currency Group involving the sale of Iraqi Dinar.

On October 9, 2018, the defendants TYSON RHAME, JAMES SHAW, and FRANK BELL were convicted of conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, mail fraud, and wire fraud. The defendants RHAME and BELL were also convicted of making false statements to federal agents. The defendants were acquitted of money laundering charges.

If you or a relative purchased Iraqi Dinar from Sterling Currency Group, the FBI encourages you to complete the victim questionnaire.  Please access the information page at www.fbi.gov/IraqiDinarScam or the questionnaire directly at https://forms.fbi.gov/IraqiDinarScam.

Please be advised this mailbox will not receive email correspondence.  You are encouraged to complete the questionnaire and you will be contacted if further information is needed.

Respectfully,
FBI Atlanta

7 hours ago, KristiD said:

@Floridian, you are probably correct that it was Terry K, I honestly remember it as TNT Tony, but I'll take your word for it and admit I'm wrong and I apologize for that mistake.  I'm also sorry you feel that I'm judging you, because I'm not. What I said was, "You obviously still have some dinar and believe in the RV because you are active here on DV.  So it surprises me that you feel you were swindled, that's all..... As I said, jmho, and you are certainly entilted to have a different one."  I really don't see that as being judgemental and I'm sorry that you took it that way.  I did my best to point out that I just had a different viewpoint, but that it's fine that we see things differently. 

But with regards to the facts, I stand by what I said.  Namely that while Sterling did commit the crime of paying someone to hype the dinar so that they could increase their sales, their whole business was a NOT a con or scam and that their selling dinar on reserves is not the main cause of action.  You said, "The "scam" part of the whole deal was that the reserves expired in a very short period of time,...."  But that's not what the Justice Department and FBI say!!!  I'm not party to the lawsuit as you are, so I admit I don't have as much information as you do, BUT, the FBI did send me an email (copied below) asking if I bought dinar from Sterling Currency.  The email did NOT EVEN MENTION RESERVES, and they listed themselves," the FBI sender", as  "IraqiDinarScam@fbi.gov".  They clearly view the Iraqi dinar RV as a scam!!!  Furthermore on the Justice Department's webite, on the page they've made specifically for the Sterling Currency Group Action (partially copied below),  they even put out the blanket call for anyone who bought Iraqi dinar from any other source to contact them.  And then they proceed to explain that the Iraqi dinar RV is a scam!   

So the scam is not that Sterling sold dinar on reserves, the Feds don't even mention reserves.   The Feds think that the claim that the IQD will ever RV is the scam.  (Of course, we don't agree with them and we're already used to most people thinking that way).  But since there's no way to prove that the RV will never happen and that it is a scam, they were at least able to nail Sterling for illegally paying a pumper to hype an imminent RV so they could increase sales.  (And they also nailed them for lying to federal agents.)  I honestly think that if the Feds could have found ways to prosecute other dinar dealers, they would have.  But since they didn't prosecute any other dealers who were also selling dinar on reserves, that indicates to me that "selling dinar on reserves" was not much of a crime. Frankly, l really don't know how "selling dinar on reserves" fits into Sterling's lawsuit, although it clearly looks to be a secondary issue.  But I do hope you get your reserve money back since it's clearly a sore spot for you.  And hopefully soon we'll see the RV happen and we can all finally move on to bigger and better things! 

(from the Justice Department's Sterling Currency Action website)

Please also note that if you believe you are a victim of a scheme involving the Iraqi dinar you may contact the FBI. The FBI website states:

ince the 2003 Iraq war, various promoters have claimed that the Iraqi dinar will undergo a “revaluation” (RV), meaning that dinar holders would make enormous profits. Many of these promoters claim to have high-level sources in the government or the financial industry. Several state agencies, major financial institutions, and consumer protection groups have cautioned that this is a scam.

If you wish to contact the FBI about this matter you may do so at https://forms.fbi.gov/iraqi-dinar-investment-investigation

Date: March 6, 2019 at 2:14:35 PM PST
To: Undisclosed recipients:;
Subject: Sterling Currency Group; United States v. Tyson Rhame, et. al., 1:16-CR-67-SCJ-CMS

To whom it may concern:

The Federal Bureau of Investigation and Internal Revenue Service are investigating individuals associated with Sterling Currency Group involving the sale of Iraqi Dinar.

On October 9, 2018, the defendants TYSON RHAME, JAMES SHAW, and FRANK BELL were convicted of conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, mail fraud, and wire fraud. The defendants RHAME and BELL were also convicted of making false statements to federal agents. The defendants were acquitted of money laundering charges.

If you or a relative purchased Iraqi Dinar from Sterling Currency Group, the FBI encourages you to complete the victim questionnaire.  Please access the information page at www.fbi.gov/IraqiDinarScam or the questionnaire directly at https://forms.fbi.gov/IraqiDinarScam.

Please be advised this mailbox will not receive email correspondence.  You are encouraged to complete the questionnaire and you will be contacted if further information is needed.

Respectfully,
FBI Atlanta

Kristi, why in the world are you trying to prove yourself right when you are not even a party to the lawsuit?  It doesn’t make any sense to me.

You said you lost a few hundred dollars in reserves and it was no big deal.  I feel swindled because I lost what I consider to be a lot of money.  Now, I fully understand that what may be a lot of money to me, may not be a lot to someone else.  However, since it was a significant amount to me, I do certainly feel “swindled”.

Sterling was selling Dinar legally, as you know, and there was nothing wrong with that.  Here is your quote regarding what I said:   “You said, "The "scam" part of the whole deal was that the reserves expired in a very short period of time,...."  But that's not what the Justice Department and FBI say!!!”

You, Kristi, said you got one letter in which “reserves” were not mentioned.  On the other hand, I received many forms to fill out asking for dates and amounts of the reserves I purchased.  Maybe they just didn’t mention reserves unless a person signed up to be included in the lawsuit.  And maybe, just maybe, the other legal Dinar sellers did not have a “Terry K” type of shill on their payroll as Sterling did.  Maybe that’s why the other legal Dinar sellers were not targeted.

So Kristi, if my explanation doesn’t convince you, I don’t know what will.  This is all I’m going to say on the subject.  This “back and forth” with you is getting pretty tiresome.

If you really insist on winning this argument, why don’t you write one more post and I just won’t answer it.  How’s that?

• Like 2

Folks. At the risk of getting in the middle of a win-less 'discussion, might I intercede?  Sterling Currency group was a licensed currency seller early on. The facts are that TerryK was hired to pump the dinar and did so while receiving incentive money from Sterling. TerryK has admitted that much to FBI. As I understand it (don't roast me over this) is that Sterling engaged in a pyramid like scheme by offering 'reserves'. You could 'hold' x amount of dinar with a reduced fee for a limited time. If said RV did not happen by x date, then you lost the 'reserve' amount paid. Of course, at that time, IQD was a hot item but Sterling was offering to 'hold' your reserve IQD for you when, in fact, they didn't have any to back up your reserve payment.  If you purchased it outright (which I did on several occasions for them LEGALLY) then you got the uncirculated IQD by FedEx. The said reserve money went into accounts that Sterling owner and other company officials used to buy fancy cars, a jet, properties etc.   After complaints, the Feds stepped in and found wrong-doing, confiscated ill-gotten goods, and prosecuted.

As we all know, the IQD was not a get rich scheme. But it is a legitimate currency and our hope is that it will be internationally traded soon and can be converted at banks world wide. Assuming we're all adults here.....we can choose to hope for a positive outcome and cash in, or sell and walk away. Pretty simple IMO.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, King Bean said:

Sterling Currency group was a licensed currency seller early on. The facts are that TerryK was hired to pump the dinar and did so while receiving incentive money from Sterling. TerryK has admitted that much to FBI. As I understand it (don't roast me over this) is that Sterling engaged in a pyramid like scheme by offering 'reserves'. You could 'hold' x amount of dinar with a reduced fee for a limited time. If said RV did not happen by x date, then you lost the 'reserve' amount paid. Of course, at that time, IQD was a hot item but Sterling was offering to 'hold' your reserve IQD for you when, in fact, they didn't have any to back up your reserve payment. 

The said reserve money went into accounts that Sterling owner and other company officials used to buy fancy cars, a jet, properties etc.   After complaints, the Feds stepped in and found wrong-doing, confiscated ill-gotten goods, and prosecuted.

Yep!  That's just what happened!

Thank you very much, King Bean.  😊

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

You would think as much money those guys had, they would have had enough sense to call a lawyer and clam up with those crooked thuggs from the FBI or that crooked unjustice dept. came calling! Folks the federal system is broken, its all out there for you to see now with Gen. Mike Flynn. Im not a lawyer and Im not giving legal advice. Anytime a federal agent knocks on your door, you call the FBI and ask them did the send agents to your home. They will tell you if the did, Next DO NOT ANSWER any questions, PERIOD!!!! COOPERATE with them and let them arrest you! Bond out and hire a good attorney!! Something has to be done with the federal system, it is broken very badly, Needs a complete overhual! These US Attorney's and Federal judges are all as crooked as snakes. Just hope the don't have you in their sites! You will pay them one way or another, Either your money and land or with your freedom! They dont care, one way or the other. It makes them no difference! All they want is a conviction, the truth they could careless, They damn sure dont know how to tell it either! JMHO! 🤠

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I saw something yesterday that reminded me of this thread.  I found out yesterday that, right now - today - there is currency dealer who is selling IQD on reserve.  They call it layaway, but it's the same deal, 5% down locks in your price for 45 days.  They even offer a 30 day extension for $10/million.  https://currencytradeinternational.com/  (and btw, if you're thinking of buying some more dinar on layaway from them, I don't recommend it.... their "7 day  money back guarantee" allows them to cancel your order within 7 days AFTER they receive full payment and then just refund your money.  I'm sure if the RV did happen, they would NOT be filling your order.)  So I'm still not convinced it's illegal to sell currency on reserve.

I haven't been back to this thread since I last posted in May, so just now I read everything that was posted after that. I still stand by what I originally said which is that Sterling got in trouble for paying someone (I incorrecty said it was TNT Tony, it was really Terry K) to pump the dinar to increase their sales, and NOT for selling dinar on reserves.  And I do agree with floridian that it's pointless for the two of us to try and continue our discussion  People can believe whatever they want, but for those who want the "true facts" about what happened with Sterling Currency, here they are.  Below is the original indictment from February, 2016 - copy and pasted - from the Justic Department's own website.  This is what the US Attorneys said Sterling did wrong and you can't get any higher authority than that, so it should be the final authority for anyone who wants the truth.  (I highlighted in red the most important parts)  source

ATLANTA – The co-owners, chief operating officer, and an alleged paid promoter of Sterling Currency Group, which at one time billed itself as one of the largest sellers and exchangers of the Iraqi dinar in the U.S., have been indicted for their roles in a scheme to fraudulently induce investors into purchasing the Iraqi dinar.  Tyson Rhame, James Shaw, Terrence Keller, and Frank Bell, have been indicted in this case and had their initial appearances before U.S. Magistrate Judge Alan J. Baverman. 

“Investors in the Iraqi dinar, like all investors, are entitled to make an informed choice based on honest and transparent information,” said U. S. Attorney John Horn. “These defendants are alleged to have defrauded investors by spreading misinformation about the investment potential of the Iraqi dinar in order to profit from sale of the currency.  We urge anyone who believes they were impacted by this scheme to contact the FBI.”

“This federal indictment represents extensive efforts by the government to protect investors from those who would make alleged unsubstantiated claims involving the potential revaluation of certain foreign currency.  The FBI, along with the IRS Criminal Investigative Division, has made every effort to provide some protection for those who have already invested by seizing millions of dollars, the disposition of which will be further determined as this case now moves into the U.S. Courts system,” said J. Britt Johnson, Special Agent in Charge, FBI Atlanta Field Office.

“Investment fraud schemes are designed to appeal to people's hope, often resulting in the total loss of their investment,” stated Special Agent in Charge Veronica F. Hyman-Pillot, IRS Criminal Investigation. “Individuals who line their pockets with money gained through deceiving others should know they will not go undetected and will be held accountable. The indictment of these individuals illustrates our commitment, along with our law enforcement partners, to pursue those individuals who victimize investors, violate the public trust and enrich themselves financially at the expense of the investor.”

According to U.S Attorney Horn, the indictment, and other information presented in court:  During the scope of the conspiracy, the Iraqi dinar – which is the currency of the country of Iraq - was touted by some as a potential investment opportunity. Information publicly available on certain internet websites, blogs, chat rooms, and conference calls fueled this speculation by predicting that a “revaluation” of the Iraqi dinar would occur imminently.  A “revaluation” or “RV,” in this context, meant a sudden, exponential rise in the value of the Iraqi dinar as compared to the U.S. dollar and other relatively stable global currencies. Individuals who owned Iraqi dinar would realize potentially enormous gains if an “RV” ever occurred in this manner. 

Sterling Currency Group, LLC, which also did business as Sterling Online Processing Services, LLC, and Dinar Banker (collectively, “Sterling”), was a Georgia corporation with its principal place of business in Atlanta, Georgia. Sterling sold and exchanged so-called “exotic currencies,” including most predominantly the Iraqi dinar.Tyson Rhame and James Shaw were co-owners of Sterling, which began operations in 2004. Frank Bell began working for Sterling in 2010 and became Sterling’s Chief Operating Officer in 2011.

According to the indictment, Terrence Keller, who was also known as “TerryK,” led an internet-based group known as “The GET Team,” which consisted of a website, an internet chat forum and weekly conference calls in which, among other things, information was disseminated to participants concerning the potential investment value of the Iraqi dinar.Keller, through The GET Team, was one of the leading internet-based proponents of the “RV” theory.  On The GET Team’s website, internet chat forum, and on weekly conference calls, Keller is alleged to have falsely claimed to have information from, and verified by, high-level confidential sources in the United States government, the Iraqi government, international organizations, and major financial institutions, regarding an imminent “RV.” However, Keller did not have information from, or contact with, these supposed high-level confidential sources. The indictment alleges that Keller, Rhame, Shaw, and Bell knew and believed that representations concerning an imminent “RV” of the Iraqi dinar, particularly claims that the information came from one or more supposed high-level confidential sources, would boost sales for Sterling. 

Keller allegedly claimed, directly and indirectly, to The GET Team followers that he had no financial or other ulterior motive to promote the Iraqi dinar as an investment, but, rather, that he was simply disseminating his knowledge and information so that others could benefit from it as well. To that end, Keller affirmatively told his followers that he did not make substantial profits from his dealings with Sterling and other dinar dealers that advertised with the GET Team.Keller allegedly had a secret arrangement with Rhame, Shaw and Bell to promote and “pump” the Iraqi dinar in exchange for payments made by Sterling to benefit Keller.  Since at least as early as August 2011, Sterling paid Keller over $160,000.  Keller consistently downplayed these financial benefits to his followers and listeners.  

The correlation between Sterling’s increased sales and Keller’s promotion of the Iraqi dinar was allegedly further cemented by the presence of a Sterling representative, including, at times, Rhame and Bell, on The GET Team’s conference calls and internet forums. At various times, Rhame, Bell and other Sterling representatives participated in conference calls and internet forums in which Keller made representations to followers concerning the imminent Iraqi dinar “RV,” his access to high-level confidential sources, and claims that he was just trying to be helpful and received no financial benefit for providing this information to others.  The presence and participation of Rhame, Bell, and other Sterling representatives on The GET Team’s conference calls and internet forums provided further validation to followers that Keller’s claims about an imminent “RV” of the Iraqi dinar should be believed.

The indictment alleges that the promotional activities of Keller and other dinar promoters were essential to Sterling’s financial success and generated Sterling millions of dollars in dinar and other currency sales. In December 2010, Rhame is alleged to have told colleagues that Keller and the GET Team pushed 80% of Sterling’s business.  In December 2011, Bell is alleged to have referred to the GET Team as Sterling’s “largest referrer.”  Between approximately 2010 and June 2015, Sterling grossed over $600 million in revenue from the sale of the Iraqi dinar and other currencies.  During this same time period, Rhame and Shaw received over $180 million in distributions from Sterling.

Tyson Rhame, 51, and James Shaw, 53, both of Atlanta, Georgia, Frank Bell, 54, of Decatur, Georgia, and Terrence Keller, also known as “TerryK,” 55, of Grayson, Kentucky, are each charged with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud as well as several counts of mail fraud and wire fraud.  Rhame and Shaw are also charged with conspiracy to commit money laundering and 12 counts of money laundering    

And this is what they were convicted of:  On October 9, 2018, the defendants TYSON RHAME, JAMES SHAW, and FRANK BELL were convicted of conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, mail fraud, and wire fraud. The defendants RHAME and BELL were also convicted of making false statements to federal agents. The defendants were acquitted of money laundering chargeslink

Nowhere in either the original indictment or in the actual conviction, does it mention anything about selling dinar on reserves.  My guess is that the Justice Department is just allowing people who bought on reserve to recoup their money since the were induced to buy through fraudulent claims - but it clearly isn't the main issue.  The reason Sterling and Terry K got in trouble was lying to/defrauding potential investors about an imminent RV to increase sales. 

fyi for anyone who wants to know the real truth about why the Justice Department went after Sterling Currency.

• Thanks 6
  • Upvote 2

On 6/16/2020 at 11:24 AM, KristiD said:

Terrence Keller, also known as “TerryK,” 55, of Grayson, Kentucky, are each charged with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud as well as several counts of mail fraud and wire fraud

Thanks KristiD. While the article does NOT mention the reserves, I speculate that is a part of the mail fraud and wire fraud charges (taking money for something which you do not possess). IMO.  It's an interesting reference to TerryK and statements of what he provided as a service for Sterling. Almost word for word, the same 'service' that others like MarkZzzzzz 'offer' through various other dinar sites that make their way to the DV rumors section. One day, hopefully, they get their due day in court too. One can only hope.

Great update. Thanks again. :twothumbs:

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, King Bean said:

Thanks KristiD. While the article does NOT mention the reserves, I speculate that is a part of the mail fraud and wire fraud charges (taking money for something which you do not possess). IMO.  It's an interesting reference to TerryK and statements of what he provided as a service for Sterling. Almost word for word, the same 'service' that others like MarkZzzzzz 'offer' through various other dinar sites that make their way to the DV rumors section. One day, hopefully, they get their due day in court too. One can only hope.

Great update. Thanks again. :twothumbs:

I hope they investigate all others that brought here all those lies every day and weeks. What happened to this guy, you know who that is? He's been quiet lately.  I am sure he's lying low and waiting for another time.  lol

• 3 months later...

I just now received another email from the US Department of Justice, regarding the Sterling Currency case.

This is the important part:

"Given the COVID-19 pandemic, the Court has continued the sentencing in United States v. Rhame. The Court has not yet set the new date but it will not occur until 2021. Our office will send an update as soon as the sentencing is rescheduled."

Makes me think that the sentencing is being postponed because the dinar will revalue AND THEN they will decide whether or not to proceed with sentencing.  At least I hope that's the purpose of the postponement.  If the dinar revalues, no one will care about the sentencing.  😊

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

I sure hope not Floridian those guys deserve to have the book thrown at them they are criminals period!! I hope they don’t get to spend one dime of the 500-600 million dollars they made in profit for selling dinar and I sure hope they never benefit from the dinar being revalued they are crooks. I truly hope they get 25+ years and jail and if they don’t die in jail by the time they get out there money will be useless. I hate pumpers and they were the worst and paid so many pumpers out there to gain their profits. Not to mention the bs reserves that so many stupid people actually invested in because their pumpers made so many sheep believe the RV was going to happen any day now! I for one will celebrate when their sentencing comes down and I truly hope it’s many many years because that’s what they deserve! So no I think you are absolutely wrong in saying no one will care about sentencing if it RV’s before! I for one one hope it RV’s before and they get 25 years what a sweet victory that will be for all the people they screwed reserves out especially but again the way they sold their dinar was BS. I can’t wait to celebrate what the crooks get for jail time!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Dinarrock said:

Not to mention the bs reserves that so many stupid people actually invested in because their pumpers made so many sheep believe the RV was going to happen any day now!

Uh oh!  I was one of those stupid people.  Hopefully, a little smarter now, 10 years later.   😂

But I understand what you're saying.

Honestly though, my feeling is that the government will wait for the dinar to revalue before they decide what kind of punishment to give these crooks.  I'm thinking all the people who were "duped" will get their money back.

Seriously, I don't think we will have too much longer to wait.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Ok gotcha now maybe I read it wrong but yes I agree! I know they seized millions of dollars I believe also so yes I hope all that money gets paid back or mostly back to every person who bought on reserves. I didn’t buy any reserves fortunately but I sure hope you do get paid back brother! Once it RV’s I am sure you won’t care though...lol

Edited by Dinarrock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

New email today from the Dept. of Justice.   Sentencing no longer postponed until 2021 due to Covid.

They have now cancelled it altogether.  I'm really thinking they know something we don't know.  The only reason I can think of for cancelling is because the dinar will revalue and we "victims" will get our money back.  Who knows?  I hope I'm right about this.

"The sentencing previously scheduled for defendant(s) FRANK BELL, TYSON RHAME, JAMES SHAW on October 5, 2020, 09:00 AM at Richard B. Russell Federal Building and Courthouse, Courtroom 1907, 75 Ted Turner Dr. SW, Atlanta, GA 30303 has been cancelled. VNS will continue to provide you with updated case scheduling and event information. "

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Floridian said:

New email today from the Dept. of Justice.   Sentencing no longer postponed until 2021 due to Covid.

They have now cancelled it altogether.  I'm really thinking they know something we don't know.  The only reason I can think of for cancelling is because the dinar will revalue and we "victims" will get our money back.  Who knows?  I hope I'm right about this.

"The sentencing previously scheduled for defendant(s) FRANK BELL, TYSON RHAME, JAMES SHAW on October 5, 2020, 09:00 AM at Richard B. Russell Federal Building and Courthouse, Courtroom 1907, 75 Ted Turner Dr. SW, Atlanta, GA 30303 has been cancelled. VNS will continue to provide you with updated case scheduling and event information. "

I would say it is sounding that way. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

On 10/2/2020 at 8:27 PM, Floridian said:

Interesting Floridian.... Can you provide a copy of Friday's email that says it's no longer postponed until 2021, it's cancelled altogether, i.e., permanently?  What you provided only says they cancelled the one scheduled for tomorrow.   Thanks.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, KristiD said:

Interesting Floridian.... Can you provide a copy of Friday's email that says it's no longer postponed until 2021, it's cancelled altogether, i.e., permanently?  What you provided only says they cancelled the one scheduled for tomorrow.   Thanks.

KristiD, I didn't say it was cancelled "permanently", although that is the feeling I got from that paragraph.  So, you could be right.  Maybe not cancelled permanently, but since it was postponed first, and now cancelled altogether instead of another postponement, that's how I took the information.

I'm sorry I can't post the whole letter because it contains other information pertinent to me, but I did post the part that says the sentencing has been "cancelled".  I really feel that if it was just postponed they would have said "postponed" and not cancelled.  We'll just have to wait and see if I get another email from them with different information.  As of now, the sentencing has been cancelled.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

• 3 months later...
On 5/9/2020 at 7:00 AM, gregp said:

Stay Ten feet away from Sterling. Ignore the email and block them. 

Next, go buy a Sunday at Sonic. 

Ice creams good!

Sterlings bad.  

Why buy potato ice cream (soft serve) when you can have the real thing from Handels or at a hard serve ice cream place?

• Haha 1