Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone!

I received this email Friday May 8th, 2020.  How did they get my email and what is going on? Should I be worried?  I've never gotten an email like this before.  What in the world is going on and why are they asking for info on the dinar? Please help. tia

 

 

We are writing to ask your assistance in our continued litigation with the Federal Government. Between 2004 and 2015, there were a number of banks throughout the United States that bought and sold Iraqi Dinar. If you have knowledge about banks (large, regional or community banks) that sold Iraqi Dinar to their customers please reply via email to tyrhame@sterlingcurrencygroup.com and answer these questions:

1. Were you aware of any banks that bought and sold Iraqi Dinar, if so, what bank(s)?
  • a. If so, during what time period did the bank sell or purchase dinars?
  • b. Do you recall approximately what the buy or sell price was?
  • c. Can you please share any documents regarding the sale?
2. Did you ever purchase Iraqi Dinar from a bank, if so, what bank(s)?
  • a. If so, do you remember the approximate price you paid for the Iraqi Dinar you purchased?
  • b. Was there a reason that you later (or previously) purchased Iraqi Dinar from Sterling Currency?
3. Did you plan to exchange Iraqi Dinar at a bank if the revaluation had occurred?

We would appreciate as much detail, receipts and documents as you are comfortable sharing. Thanks again for your continued support.

Best Regards,
 
Ty Rhame 
CEO, Sterling Currency Group
 
Frank Bell 
COO, Sterling Currency Group
 

Sterling Currency Group

3277 Roswell Rd NE #670, Atlanta, GA 30305

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they asked for assistance from me,I would just ignore the email. It was just a request and you can never tell where the email came from in the first place. 

 

As a matter of fact I would just delete it altogether. That is just my most humble opinion. 

  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I don't know. The thing is maybe the feds are trying to imply that buying and holding dinar was/is illegal and that banks never sold it or would have redeemed it after rv. Maybe Sterling is trying to show that, yes, banks did in fact sell dinar. 

Not sure, the whole thing sounds semi legit or could be a scam to somehow incriminate other dinar holders.

Makes you wonder......

 

  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stay Ten feet away from Sterling. Ignore the email and block them. 
 

Next, go buy a Sunday at Sonic. 

Ice creams good!

Sterlings bad.  
 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ITS NONE OF STERLINGS BUSINESS TO BE ASKING PERSONAL INVESTMENT QUESTIONS.


 

Edited by gregp
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of the above block it!!!!!

 

6 hours ago, genique05 said:

Hello Everyone!

I received this email Friday May 8th, 2020.  How did they get my email and what is going on? Should I be worried?  I've never gotten an email like this before.  What in the world is going on and why are they asking for info on the dinar? Please help. tia

 

 

We are writing to ask your assistance in our continued litigation with the Federal Government. Between 2004 and 2015, there were a number of banks throughout the United States that bought and sold Iraqi Dinar. If you have knowledge about banks (large, regional or community banks) that sold Iraqi Dinar to their customers please reply via email to tyrhame@sterlingcurrencygroup.com and answer these questions:

1. Were you aware of any banks that bought and sold Iraqi Dinar, if so, what bank(s)?
  • a. If so, during what time period did the bank sell or purchase dinars?
  • b. Do you recall approximately what the buy or sell price was?
  • c. Can you please share any documents regarding the sale?
2. Did you ever purchase Iraqi Dinar from a bank, if so, what bank(s)?
  • a. If so, do you remember the approximate price you paid for the Iraqi Dinar you purchased?
  • b. Was there a reason that you later (or previously) purchased Iraqi Dinar from Sterling Currency?
3. Did you plan to exchange Iraqi Dinar at a bank if the revaluation had occurred?

We would appreciate as much detail, receipts and documents as you are comfortable sharing. Thanks again for your continued support system" rel="">support.

Best Regards,
 
Ty Rhame 
CEO, Sterling Currency Group
 
Frank Bell 
COO, Sterling Currency Group
 

Sterling Currency Group

3277 Roswell Rd NE #670, Atlanta, GA 30305

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nannab said:

All of the above block it!!!!!

 

 


Might slip a copy of the email to the FBI. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got one, too.  You can unsubscribe at the bottom of email, as well, which I did, and block.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sterling should be out of buiness . I dont see how Mr. Rhame and Mr Bell would be alowed to contact you as a Corporation after The Feds have stepped in . Unless its some type of plea deal agreement for them ?????

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, genique05 said:
Frank Bell 
COO, Sterling Currency Group

 

Ignore, non of their damn business.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A quick Google search found that the FBI is investigating them.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh what a surprise!!!  :lol:

1 hour ago, Dandy1 said:

A quick Google search found that the FBI is investigating them.

 

 

:twothumbs:  Dandy1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, genique05 said:

Hello Everyone!

I received this email Friday May 8th, 2020.  How did they get my email and what is going on? Should I be worried?  I've never gotten an email like this before.  What in the world is going on and why are they asking for info on the dinar? Please help. tia

 

 

No worries, Genique05.  I got the same letter.

They must be sending it to everyone who ever bought any dinar from them or somehow got on their mailing list.

Regretfully, I bought from them "back in the day".

They are in trouble with the government for cheating people and my guess is that they are trying to make a case that banks also sold Dinar so it was okay for Sterling to sell it too.  

So just ignore the letter.  Lots of people got it.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought dinar from a bank too!! Like I have posted before, I personally would like to see an official statement from the government that it is legal to even own buy and sell the IQD. All I really know is hearsay! We have all heard Bush authorized it. If he did where is an official order. There other things supposedly out there that says it’s legal! Like I say I jumped into this deal without any research! Would I do it again knowing what I know now, HELL NO! I’m in to deep and to long to get out! I’m riding this horse till it dies or I do, which ever comes first!! I don’t think anyone has seen anything official concerning this investment! As this is not the first time this has been discussed! Let’s see some real facts if they are out there! I know we have people on this site that is smart enough to know how to bring it here for all to see! What I have come to understand about sterling their problems, comes from schemes about investment plans. Not buying, selling or owning IQD!  As far as the FBI is concerned, they are as crooked as snakes, they are just looking for convictions and fines! Remember they are in the prison business! JMHO!🤠

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Artitech said:

I bought dinar from a bank too!! Like I have posted before, I personally would like to see an official statement from the government that it is legal to even own buy and sell the IQD. All I really know is hearsay! We have all heard Bush authorized it. If he did where is an official order. There other things supposedly out there that says it’s legal! Like I say I jumped into this deal without any research! Would I do it again knowing what I know now, HELL NO! I’m in to deep and to long to get out! I’m riding this horse till it dies or I do, which ever comes first!! I don’t think anyone has seen anything official concerning this investment! As this is not the first time this has been discussed! Let’s see some real facts if they are out there! I know we have people on this site that is smart enough to know how to bring it here for all to see! What I have come to understand about sterling their problems, comes from schemes about investment plans. Not buying, selling or owning IQD!  As far as the FBI is concerned, they are as crooked as snakes, they are just looking for convictions and fines! Remember they are in the prison business! JMHO!🤠

 

Executive Order 13303:

 

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Documents/13303.pdf

  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, genique05 said:

Hello Everyone!

I received this email Friday May 8th, 2020.  How did they get my email and what is going on? Should I be worried?  I've never gotten an email like this before.  What in the world is going on and why are they asking for info on the dinar? Please help. tia

 

 

We are writing to ask your assistance in our continued litigation with the Federal Government. Between 2004 and 2015, there were a number of banks throughout the United States that bought and sold Iraqi Dinar. If you have knowledge about banks (large, regional or community banks) that sold Iraqi Dinar to their customers please reply via email to tyrhame@sterlingcurrencygroup.com and answer these questions:

1. Were you aware of any banks that bought and sold Iraqi Dinar, if so, what bank(s)?
  • a. If so, during what time period did the bank sell or purchase dinars?
  • b. Do you recall approximately what the buy or sell price was?
  • c. Can you please share any documents regarding the sale?
2. Did you ever purchase Iraqi Dinar from a bank, if so, what bank(s)?
  • a. If so, do you remember the approximate price you paid for the Iraqi Dinar you purchased?
  • b. Was there a reason that you later (or previously) purchased Iraqi Dinar from Sterling Currency?
3. Did you plan to exchange Iraqi Dinar at a bank if the revaluation had occurred?

We would appreciate as much detail, receipts and documents as you are comfortable sharing. Thanks again for your continued support system" rel="">support.

Best Regards,
 
Ty Rhame 
CEO, Sterling Currency Group
 
Frank Bell 
COO, Sterling Currency Group
 

Sterling Currency Group

3277 Roswell Rd NE #670, Atlanta, GA 30305

I got that awhile back. Just ignored it. I think several others posted that they received and ignored it as well.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think some people are over reacting a bit here.  I also got this email and another, similar one in April.  It is legitimate, it is from the same domain, sterlingcurrencygroup.com that they've been using since 2012.  I also bought dinar from them when they were going by Dinar Banker the year before.  Up until that time, Dinar Trade had been the main source for most people to buy dinar from, but Ali closed that business and so Dinar Banker then became the main source, though there were some others like GID Associates as well.  For those who don't know, Sterling Currency (Dinar Banker) was a legitimate, licensed currency dealer.  All currency dealers charge a premium, and Dinar Banker's/Sterling's premium was pretty much the same premium as all currency dealers who sold IQD at the time were charging.  Sterling Currency was a legal, licensed currency dealer and the transactions they did were all legal and legitimate.  

 

But they got in trouble several years later because they got greedy and started paying TNT Tony to hype that the RV was about to happen any minute so it would increase their sales.  That's what they're being prosecuted for, and that's what got them shut down.  Right now, I'm sure their lawyers are just trying to show the court that selling Iraqi dinar at that time really was legitimate, and that even real banks had been dealing in it (as I recall Fifth Third Bank in Florida still dealt with dinar at that time, 2011).  Ty (owner of Dinar Banker/Sterling Currency) and his people did get greedy - no doubt, they broke laws in order to over hype the dinar.  But it's not like they were a ponzi scheme, sold counterfit currency or stole from their customers.  The dinar we bought from them is authentic, and we paid the market price for it at the time.  But it is true that many people bought from them because they believed the hype that they would become instant millionaires.  But really, isn't that why all of us bought dinar too?  Maybe not the "instant" part, but still, it's why we all bought.  The difference is, those of us who stayed in our dinar investment were more realistic and patient, or at least we learned to be anyway.  (I remember buying in May of 2011 because my buddy said Iraq was about to get out of Chapter VII in June, and everyone thought the RV would happen June 2011, lol!!)  But for everyone who bought IQD from Sterling Currency and who held on to that dinar, it's still an investment that still could make them a millionaire.  🤞 that finally our ships are about to come in!  I'm grateful for Dinar Trade/Sterling selling me my dinar, and I hope they don't throw the book at Ty and his people, because, other than lying about the RV being imminent, I think they did all of us who bought from them a huge favor.  jmho  

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand the need to have customers verify that banks were selling dinar.  As brokers, I would expect they would be aware of their competition.  Anyone who bought dinar back in the day and followed dinar sites would have seen conversations of which banks were selling dinar.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, KristiD said:

I think some people are over reacting a bit here.  I also got this email and another, similar one in April.  It is legitimate, it is from the same domain, sterlingcurrencygroup.com that they've been using since 2012.  I also bought dinar from them when they were going by Dinar Banker the year before.  Up until that time, Dinar Trade had been the main source for most people to buy dinar from, but Ali closed that business and so Dinar Banker then became the main source, though there were some others like GID Associates as well.  For those who don't know, Sterling Currency (Dinar Banker) was a legitimate, licensed currency dealer.  All currency dealers charge a premium, and Dinar Banker's/Sterling's premium was pretty much the same premium as all currency dealers who sold IQD at the time were charging.  Sterling Currency was a legal, licensed currency dealer and the transactions they did were all legal and legitimate.  

 

But they got in trouble several years later because they got greedy and started paying TNT Tony to hype that the RV was about to happen any minute so it would increase their sales.  That's what they're being prosecuted for, and that's what got them shut down.  Right now, I'm sure their lawyers are just trying to show the court that selling Iraqi dinar at that time really was legitimate, and that even real banks had been dealing in it (as I recall Fifth Third Bank in Florida still dealt with dinar at that time, 2011).  Ty (owner of Dinar Banker/Sterling Currency) and his people did get greedy - no doubt, they broke laws in order to over hype the dinar.  But it's not like they were a ponzi scheme, sold counterfit currency or stole from their customers.  The dinar we bought from them is authentic, and we paid the market price for it at the time.  But it is true that many people bought from them because they believed the hype that they would become instant millionaires.  But really, isn't that why all of us bought dinar too?  Maybe not the "instant" part, but still, it's why we all bought.  The difference is, those of us who stayed in our dinar investment were more realistic and patient, or at least we learned to be anyway.  (I remember buying in May of 2011 because my buddy said Iraq was about to get out of Chapter VII in June, and everyone thought the RV would happen June 2011, lol!!)  But for everyone who bought IQD from Sterling Currency and who held on to that dinar, it's still an investment that still could make them a millionaire.  🤞 that finally our ships are about to come in!  I'm grateful for Dinar Trade/Sterling selling me my dinar, and I hope they don't throw the book at Ty and his people, because, other than lying about the RV being imminent, I think they did all of us who bought from them a huge favor.  jmho  

 

 

 

Kristi, I don't think that's the reason they got in trouble.

Yes, Sterling was licensed and legal.  

They got in trouble for selling "Reserves" that expired in a short amount of time.

And yes, they DO NEED TO THROW THE BOOK AT THEM.

They hired "Terry K" to say the dinar was going to go up any "any minute".

They might have hired a lot more "dinar pushers", I'm not sure, but because of this they sold tons and tons of "Reserves".

Terry K was also charged with the crime, but he was let go.  

Now it's just the principals of the firm that are going to trial.

That is, if that damn trial ever happens.  It keeps getting postponed.

I know all this because I was one of the fools who believed the dinar was going to revalue momentarily and I bought their reserves.

Also, the Dept. of Justice keeps my updated as to what's going on. 

I didn't want to go into all this with the person who asked the question above.

I just wanted to assure them that the letter from Sterling was nothing to worry about.

They only reason I'm giving this explanation is to set the story straight.

 

 

  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shedagal said:

I don't understand the need to have customers verify that banks were selling dinar.  As brokers, I would expect they would be aware of their competition.  Anyone who bought dinar back in the day and followed dinar sites would have seen conversations of which banks were selling dinar.

 

Sterling is trying every which way to get out of having their owners go to jail.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2020 at 4:10 PM, Floridian said:

Kristi, I don't think that's the reason they got in trouble.

Yes, Sterling was licensed and legal.  

They got in trouble for selling "Reserves" that expired in a short amount of time.

And yes, they DO NEED TO THROW THE BOOK AT THEM.

They hired "Terry K" to say the dinar was going to go up any "any minute".

They might have hired a lot more "dinar pushers", I'm not sure, but because of this they sold tons and tons of "Reserves".

Terry K was also charged with the crime, but he was let go.  

Now it's just the principals of the firm that are going to trial.

That is, if that damn trial ever happens.  It keeps getting postponed.

I know all this because I was one of the fools who believed the dinar was going to revalue momentarily and I bought their reserves.

Also, the Dept. of Justice keeps my updated as to what's going on. 

I didn't want to go into all this with the person who asked the question above.

I just wanted to assure them that the letter from Sterling was nothing to worry about.

They only reason I'm giving this explanation is to set the story straight.

 

I think you're wrong that the main reason the were charged is because they sold dinar on reserves.  I still say it was because they were paying TNT Tony to hype the RV to increase their sales.  It may be true that selling currency on reserves is illegal though, because no currency dealers do that anymore.  However, at the time, there were other currency dealers, seems like maybe even most of them, selling dinar on reserves and they didn't get in trouble for it.  So if that was the main reason why Sterling was prosecuted, surely the Justice Department would have gone after all the other dinar dealers too. 

 

It's interesting to me that you believe you were a fool to think the dinar would revalue momentarily and bought on reserve and blame Sterling for that.  I would think a good percentage of people here also bought dinar because they thought the RV would happen any minute (I know I did).  But no one twisted your arm to make you buy on reserve.  I admit I bought some dinar on reserve in 2014 when it seemed like Iraq was about to RV.  Of course it didn't and I lost a couple hundred bucks.  But I don't blame Sterling for that, and certainly not TNT Tony because it was clear from the start that he was full of it so I never paid him any heed.  Obviously buying on reserve was risky, Sterling was very clear it was a short term deal and if it didn't RV in that time, the money was forfeited.  I took a gamble and I lost, but, as someone who believes in personal responsibility, I take full responsibility for that and I knew not to risk more than I was willing to lose.  You obviously still have some dinar and believe in the RV because you are active here on DV.  So it surprises me that you feel you were swindled, that's all. 

 

But I still say that, even though they broke the law by illegally payingTNT Tony to hype the dinar in order to increase sales, they were not a total con.  The RV should still happen, and if it happens before Ty and his people are sentenced, I would think their sentences will be pretty light.  You can tell by what the Justice Department says that they believe the RV is a total scam, that it will never happen and that all the people who bought dinar from Sterling lost all their money.  But if it turns out to be a great investment, then Sterling's only real crime was the much lesser crime of illegally paying TNT Tony to lie in order to increase sales.  As I said, jmho, and you are certainly entilted to have a different one.  But I really you are wrong that the Justice Department's main issue is that they sold dinar on reserve.  I still say it was the illegal payments to TNT Tony AND the fact that they (Justice Dept) don't believe the IQD is a legitimate investment (like the vast majority of people!) and that everyone who bought dinar lost all the money they spent on it.    

 

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, KristiD said:

 

I think you're wrong that the main reason the were charged is because they sold dinar on reserves.  I still say it was because they were paying TNT Tony to hype the RV to increase their sales.  It may be true that selling currency on reserves is illegal though, because no currency dealers do that anymore.  However, at the time, there were other currency dealers, seems like maybe even most of them, selling dinar on reserves and they didn't get in trouble for it.  So if that was the main reason why Sterling was prosecuted, surely the Justice Department would have gone after all the other dinar dealers too. 

 

It's interesting to me that you believe you were a fool to think the dinar would revalue momentarily and bought on reserve and blame Sterling for that.  I would think a good percentage of people here also bought dinar because they thought the RV would happen any minute (I know I did).  But no one twisted your arm to make you buy on reserve.  I admit I bought some dinar on reserve in 2014 when it seemed like Iraq was about to RV.  Of course it didn't and I lost a couple hundred bucks.  But I don't blame Sterling for that, and certainly not TNT Tony because it was clear from the start that he was full of it so I never paid him any heed.  Obviously buying on reserve was risky, Sterling was very clear it was a short term deal and if it didn't RV in that time, the money was forfeited.  I took a gamble and I lost, but, as someone who believes in personal responsibility, I take full responsibility for that and I knew not to risk more than I was willing to lose.  You obviously still have some dinar and believe in the RV because you are active here on DV.  So it surprises me that you feel you were swindled, that's all. 

 

But I still say that, even though they broke the law by illegally payingTNT Tony to hype the dinar in order to increase sales, they were not a total con.  The RV should still happen, and if it happens before Ty and his people are sentenced, I would think their sentences will be pretty light.  You can tell by what the Justice Department says that they believe the RV is a total scam, that it will never happen and that all the people who bought dinar from Sterling lost all their money.  But if it turns out to be a great investment, then Sterling's only real crime was the much lesser crime of illegally paying TNT Tony to lie in order to increase sales.  As I said, jmho, and you are certainly entilted to have a different one.  But I really you are wrong that the Justice Department's main issue is that they sold dinar on reserve.  I still say it was the illegal payments to TNT Tony AND the fact that they (Justice Dept) don't believe the IQD is a legitimate investment (like the vast majority of people!) and that everyone who bought dinar lost all the money they spent on it.    

 

 

 

WOW!  Quite judgmental for someone who knows nothing about the case.  First of all, TNT Tony was NEVER mentioned in any of the court papers and as I remember it, he didn't have much (if anything) to do with Sterling.  But, I could be wrong about that.  It was Terry K who was pushing reserves so much.  

 

There is ABSOLUTELY nothing in the court papers about Sterling selling dinar.  They were legally allowed to sell it as is every other licensed dinar dealer.  Some dealers are still selling dinar today, so nothing illegal there, as you said.

 

Let me say this and maybe you will change your tune.  The Dept. of Justice is trying to get back the money spent on "reserves" for the people that were duped into buying them.  I would like to get my money back.  No one is claiming the Dinar is a scam.  It's the currency of Iraq and I will wait until however long it takes to be able to profit from it.  

 

The "scam" part of the whole deal was that the reserves expired in a very short period of time, while Terry K. was telling everyone he had inside information that the RV was going to happen within that short period of time.  Sterling knew that.  Sterling hired this dinar pusher and maybe others.  Sterling is totally at fault for scaming people.  Again, I will say that I was one of the fools that got scammed.  Hoping to make a lot of money on this "sure thing".

 

So Kristi, don't be so quick to judge when you are not involved in this legal case, because you surely do not know all the facts.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tyson “Ty” Rhame was convicted Oct. 10, 2018, on 11 of 13 counts of mail and wire fraud conspiracy, as well as multiple counts of mail and wire fraud.

The sentencing hearing for Rhame and co-defendants Frank Bell and James Shaw has been delayed multiple times as their motions for acquittal and a new trial were pursued.....

On March 25, U.S. District Court Judge Steve Jones denied those motions.....

Rhame was the founder of Sterling Currency Group LLC of Atlanta. Federal attorneys claimed that between 2010 and June 2015, the company grossed more than $600 million in revenue from the sale of the Iraqi dinar and other currencies. Rhame and Shaw received more than $180 million in distributions.

The Sterling officials were accused by U.S. attorneys of “taking steps to make investors believe they would get rich by investing in the Iraqi dinar.”

Rhame and Bell also were convicted of making false statements to federal law enforcement agents. The jury acquitted the defendants on charges that at least $19.9 million was laundered through 24 accounts.

 
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, blueskyline said:

Tyson “Ty” Rhame was convicted Oct. 10, 2018, on 11 of 13 counts of mail and wire fraud conspiracy, as well as multiple counts of mail and wire fraud.

The sentencing hearing for Rhame and co-defendants Frank Bell and James Shaw has been delayed multiple times as their motions for acquittal and a new trial were pursued.....

On March 25, U.S. District Court Judge Steve Jones denied those motions.....

Rhame was the founder of Sterling Currency Group LLC of Atlanta. Federal attorneys claimed that between 2010 and June 2015, the company grossed more than $600 million in revenue from the sale of the Iraqi dinar and other currencies. Rhame and Shaw received more than $180 million in distributions.

The Sterling officials were accused by U.S. attorneys of “taking steps to make investors believe they would get rich by investing in the Iraqi dinar.”

Rhame and Bell also were convicted of making false statements to federal law enforcement agents. The jury acquitted the defendants on charges that at least $19.9 million was laundered through 24 accounts.

 

 

Oh man!  You are so right!  

It's not the trial that keeps getting delayed, it's the sentencing.

Thank you so much!

The Sterling officials were accused by U.S. attorneys of “taking steps to make investors believe they would get rich by investing in the Iraqi dinar.”  

That's where Terry K comes in and the "Reserves".

 

Blue Skyline, do you have any idea when/if we will get our money back?

The DOJ's communications with investors have been few and far between.

And every letter I get says the sentencing (not the trial)  has been postponed.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Similar Content

    • By ronscarpa
      Here's an interesting email that was sent to me today.  I don't know if the translation is correct, but if it is....holy crap...!   
       
      Subject: Egyptian TV
       
      OMG....are we not the biggest joke in the world now!!! Some of us know it but it is hard to actually
      see it!
       
      EGYPTIAN TV  ( 2 minutes)
       
      They certainly don't mince any words.
       
       
       
       
       
      Muslim world reacts to Obama's latest speech
       
    • By Austin-Powers-for-PM
      DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. —
      The FBI raided a DeKalb County home and business Wednesday morning.
      Our cameras were rolling at a currency exchange company on Buford Highway and a house on East Brookhaven Drive as agents removed boxes of evidence.
      FBI agents, along with the Brookhaven Police Department, descended on the home before 7 a.m. and stayed through the day.
      We first showed you the scene on Channel 2 Action News at Noon, and again on Channel 2 Action News at 5 p.m. as agents continued to go in and out of the home.
      Agents were seen taking equipment in and removing plastic gloves when exiting the home.
      All day neighbors were quiet, but curious. Some took pictures of what was happening at the corner house. Neighbors tell us businessman Ty Rhame lives in the home with his wife and young child.
      Neighbors said Rhame is in the foreign currency business.
      Rhame's business, Sterling Currency Group, was the location of the second raid involving Brookhaven police, the FBI and U.S. Marshals.
      Channel 2’s Wendy Corona saw one marshal take a sledgehammer to Rhame's 4th floor unmarked office suite at the Druid Pointe Building.
      When asked to elaborate on the details behind the search warrants and what officials were gathering in the raids, the FBI sent a statement saying they are "not in a position to discuss the details of those searches at this time."
       
      http://m.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/fbi-raids-brookhaven-home-and-business/nmTf5/
    • By rulesforrebels
      I had a question. Before anyone tells me options are garbage and don't buy them believe me I've never been a fan of them, I personally would much rather hold physical currency, plus personally I doubt that many if any dealers actually have the physical Dinar to back options.
       
      That said I've recently heard some people saying that if the RV happens and they have an option tehy will be able to use their profits from the option/reserve to buy the DInar. For example if the Dinar comes out at 1:1 and they have 10 million on reserve. My thinking is you need to have the $15,000 or whatever it is to buy the Dinar you have on option. It seems some people say you can use your profits from the RV to pay that amount.
       
      Just curiuos from anyone who has used layaways if you know how that works. I have a coworker who seems to think he doesn't need a penny in his account he'll just use his profits to buy it. I told him I don't think thats how they work.
    • By rulesforrebels
      There's some guy on twitter and youtube with a channel called TNT Tony BS or something like that. Over the weekend he was tweeting and posted an audio tape of like 30 seconds in which apparently somoen who supposedly works for sterling is saying they paid TNT Tony a flat fee. there wasn't a lot of context but the person said something like I joined the company in such and such year and inherited this relationship.
       
      Like I said there wasn't much context to the call aside from the breif clip and one persons voice was distorted mechanically or whatever.
      Was just curuios if anyone else has seen this clip and if so what this is all about?
       
      Here is the video...
       
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0c04dj7Djc
    • By loricart33
      I signed up my mother-in-law for her Platinum account.  I think the reason we encountered this issue is because it looks like we created a 'free' account named loricart back in Jan 2011.  It appears she never really logged in and used it and we forgot she even had it hence the current problem. 
       
      So loricart & loricart33 are the same person. 
       
      *****************  (Winterhawk)
      Platinum member
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.