Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi Lawmakers Assert Their Patriotism And Pass The Rescue Booth !

55 minutes ago, jcav said:

It's not a full cabinet so lets hope they can still RV and not wait for him to replace who they didn't approve of. 

What I was really worried about was their most contentious and most controversial post ~ Defense Minister and Interior Minister. That's done. The rest, would be easy. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

The full text of the speech by Prime Minister-designate Mustafa al-Kazimi in the session to give confidence

120539.jpg?watermark=4

Politics 05/20 2020 00:44 229    

Baghdad today _ Baghdad  

(Baghdad Today), publishes the full text of the speech of Prime Minister-designate Mustafa al-Kazimi, in the House of Representatives, during the voting session on his cabinet.

In charge of Mustafa Al-Kazemi, he started his speech by saying: "I have the honor to stand in front of the pulpit of the people, and before the representatives of the people in a difficult historical stage that we face together as Iraqi citizens, whatever our locations and affiliations."

Al-Kazemi added: “It is a difficult stage. The challenges facing Iraq are great, economic, security, health and social, but they are not greater than our ability to address them. We together as original Iraqis from Basra to Kurdistan and from Najaf to Mosul are able to protect our country. Patriotism, transcending the economic crisis and protecting our people from health risks. Iraq seeks to establish brotherhood and cooperation relations with Arab brothers, neighbors, the international community, and Iraqi politicians in desperate need to listen to the voice of our people and youth throughout the country and to their legitimate demands. 

He continued, "This government came in response to a social, economic and political crisis to be a solution government, not a crisis government. I was honored to commission a government for a transitional period surrounded by crises that have continued to reproduce themselves and accumulate negatively since the overthrow of the authoritarian regime in 2003."

He continued: "I do not intend to distribute responsibilities for what we are in. What is important is the consolidation of all our efforts and reliance on the vigilance of our people and their desire for change to overcome the crisis that has worsened during the past period, and I will seek as much as I can and what support and understanding received and overcome the difficulties to complete the transitional tasks as quickly as possible, If we together secure all the legal, material and political requirements, and for this ... I will not allow myself to elaborate on a major government program, which creates confusion that I am thinking of prolonging the transition in any way. " 

And he added: "From this standpoint, I put a primary task before my government, which is the true popular demands, which received the response from you, in preparation for the early elections."

He continued that: "To pave the way for fair elections, first of all, the sovereignty of the state in all areas must be confirmed in accordance with the constitution, and in the forefront, the arms should be confined to the state and its armed forces and by the command of the Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces, and not to turn the country into an arena for settling scores and preventing the use of the land of Iraq for aggression. Over others. "

He pointed out that "I put the government program at your disposal, after taking into account the comments received from you, and that the tasks presented to the government include working to find the required resources as a priority to confront the Corona epidemic and the cooperation and support required from the World Health Organization and the relevant international bodies." 

Al-Kazimi pledged that "the government will guarantee freedom of expression, protect peaceful protesters and their yards, and cooperate with them to besiege all those who want to offend the peaceful protest and pursue those involved in the blood of Iraqis. The government will make an exceptional effort to find resources to alleviate the suffering of citizens from unemployment and a gross lack of services." And find resources that cover the salaries of workers and the necessary requirements of the state, and confront corruption firmly with all legal capabilities. " 

He stressed that his government "will work for the government to recover political life and find a framework that brings together all the forces, parties, professional organizations, demonstrators, trade unions, the women's movement, and caring for the participation of those who are not represented in the government through consultative meetings that enhance the work of the government and enhance all forms of cooperation to clear the crises facing the country", indicating that "My government will work to consolidate the relationship and cooperation between the federal government and the Kurdistan region in accordance with the constitution." 

Al-Kazemi also pledged to the members of the House of Representatives to consult with them whenever I face difficulty or problem, pointing out that "if necessary, I will be before your esteemed parliament to put you in the form of what I need help and advice."

LINK

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, Thief said:

What I was really worried about was their most contentious and most controversial post ~ Defense Minister and Interior Minister. That's done. The rest, would be easy. 

Ok good.  I missed that.  Thanks!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 6ly410 said:

AL-KADHIMI BECOMES PRIME MINISTER, AS COUNCIL OF REPRESENTATIVES APPROVES MAJORITY OF HIS CABINET

Several positions left unfilled
The speaker of Iraq's parliament Mohammed al-Halbousi meets with Iraqi Prime Minister-designate Mustafa al-Kadhimi before the vote on the new government at the parliament headquarters in Baghdad, Iraq, May 6, 2020. Iraqi Parliament Media Office/Handout via REUTERS

12 minutes ago

http://www.nrttv.com/EN/News.aspx?id=21154&MapID=2

SULAIMANI — The Council of Representatives approved a majority of ministers presented by Prime Minister-designate Mustafa al-Kadhimi on Wednesday (May 6), lawmakers said, ushering in a new government after months of deadlock.

Kadhimi’s picks for interior, defense, finance, electricity, and other key portfolios passed during a parliament vote on the cabinet, the lawmakers said according to Ruters.

Several ministerial candidates were rejected, however, meaning Kadhimi will begin his term without a full government.

(NRT Digital Media/Reuters)

Hearkening back to my days as a senior in high school...….

GIMME AN R...…………….(((((((R))))))))

GIMME A V...………………..(((((((V))))))))

WHAT'S IT SPELL...…….(((((((RV))))))

There.....now I feel better

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TexasMike1958 said:

Hearkening back to my days as a senior in high school...….

GIMME AN R...…………….(((((((R))))))))

GIMME A V...………………..(((((((V))))))))

WHAT'S IT SPELL...…….(((((((RV))))))

There.....now I feel better

Yes sir!!!!

• Like 1

Al-Kazemi’s government won the confidence of Parliament

Thursday 07 May 2020

alsabaah-36250.jpg

Baghdad / Al-Sabah / Muhannad Abdul-Wahab

The government of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi won early Thursday morning the confidence of the House of Representatives in the presence of 266 deputies, as voting was done on 15 ministers, while the vote on the oil and foreign ministries was postponed and refused to give confidence to five other ministries, and Al-Kazemi pledged during the session of granting confidence to strive actively To "gain the trust and support of the people," he also pledged to work to overcome the political, security and economic challenges that the country is going through, indicating that he laid a fundamental task before his government, which is "true popular demands, in preparing for free and fair elections."

In the first session of its second semester, the House of Representatives granted the second legislative session of the fourth electoral cycle, which was held under the chairmanship of Muhammad al-Halbousi, Speaker of the Council today, Thursday, in the presence of 266 deputies of the government of Mustafa al-Kazimi, Prime Minister, by approving 15 ministers and voting on the government curriculum.

At the beginning of the session, Al-Halbousi expressed his hope that the efforts to form a new government will culminate with the health challenges represented by the Corona epidemic facing all of humanity and the challenges of the constitutional situation after the resignation of the government of Mr. Adel Abdul-Mahdi, calling for a vote on the formation of the new government to fulfill the generous sacrifices of Iraqis, Providing appreciation to Deputy Adnan Al-Zarfi for observing the current circumstance by apologizing for the formation of the government and giving way to others.
After that, the Council read Surat Al-Fatihah to pay tribute to the lives of the Iraqi martyrs.
The ladies and gentlemen took the constitutional oath to fill the council’s membership: Hassan Khudair Shuwaird, in place of the resigned deputy, Iyad Hashem Allawi, and Rizan Sheikh Daliir, instead of the resigned deputy, Miran Muhammad Abbas and Ali Gherkan Hussain, instead of the former deputy Mahmoud Mulla Talal, after adding the paragraph to the agenda.
Then, the Speaker of the House of Representatives called on Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi to review the government curriculum and submit the names of the ministerial cabinet.

The word Al-Kazemi
For his part, Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi indicated during his review of the ministerial curriculum that Iraq is going through a difficult stage because of the great challenges facing it, expressing the ability of the Iraqis to address them, protect the country and national sovereignty, overcome the economic crisis and protect our people from health risks, indicating that Iraq seeks to build The brothers' relations with the Arab brothers, neighbors, and the international community, noting that the government came in response to a social, economic and health crisis, which is a solution government and not a crisis government, pointing to continuing to overcome difficulties and accomplish the tasks of the transitional phase together.
The Prime Minister stated that we have placed before the new government a fundamental task by responding to the demands of the people and preparing the way for free and fair elections after the completion of the electoral law by the legislative authority and imposing the prestige of the state by restricting arms to the hands of its armed forces and under the command of the Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces and the development of security institutions and not turning the country into An arena for conflicts or a springboard for aggression against neighboring countries, stressing the need to pursue those involved in Iraqi blood, protect demonstrators, and open a responsible and open national dialogue with Iraqi society groups to listen to the demands of the peaceful protest movement, in addition to facing the VS files Ed firmly, as well as consolidating the relationship between the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government in accordance with the constitution and preparing the draft exceptional budget law by dealing with the current economic crisis and low oil prices.
Al-Kazemi stressed the importance of addressing economic and financial challenges, stabilizing the pillars of external relations, combating corruption and administrative reform, making justice a criterion for the successful state and considering peaceful protest a way to guide the state, as well as consolidating the values of citizenship by respecting national, religious and sectarian particularities, and providing the necessary capabilities for the return of the displaced to their homes and closing the file of displacement .
In the same regard, Al-Kazemi pledged to hold a monthly session between the House of Representatives and the Prime Minister to discuss the general situation and determine the session’s curriculum in consultation after asking the Speaker Deputies.

Vote on the government
The Council voted on the ministerial curriculum of Al-Kazemi as Prime Minister, and the Council also voted on the ministerial cabinet of the Al-Kazemi government that included women and gentlemen ministers: (Juma Anad Saadoun as Minister of Defense, and the team Othman Al-Ghanimi as Minister of Interior, Ali Abdul Amir Allawi, Minister of Finance, Khaled Najm Battal, Minister of Planning, and Nazin Sheikh Muhammad Minister of Construction and Municipalities, Hassan Muhammad Abbas, Minister of Health and Environment, Nabeel Kazem Abdel-Sahib, Minister of Higher Education, Science and Technology, Majid Mahdi Ali, Minister of Electricity, Nasser Hussein Bandar, Minister of Transport, Manhal Aziz, Minister of Industry, and Captain Adnan Darjal, Minister of Sports and Youth and Staff of Shehab Ahmed, Minister of Communications, Hachoc and just as Minister of Labor and Social Affairs, and Mehdi Rashid Mahdi Jassim, Minister of Water Resources, Ali Hamid Mekhlef Minister of Education.
The Prime Minister called for postponing the vote on the Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Oil, in addition to his pledge to submit the names of the ministries of Culture, Immigration, Displaced, Justice, Trade and Agriculture, which were not approved by the House of Representatives.
The ladies and gentlemen of the new cabinet took the oath before the House of Representatives.
Then it was decided to adjourn the session.
Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi commented on his gaining the confidence of Parliament after voting on 15 ministers in his government cabinet, and he said in a tweet on his account on Twitter: “Today, the esteemed parliament gave confidence to my government, and I will work with the honorable ministerial team to earnestly earn the trust and support of our people ".
He added: "My gratitude to all of our support, and my hope that all political forces join forces to face the difficult challenges, the sovereignty, security, stability and prosperity of Iraq, our path."

Congratulations and congratulations
And the President of the Republic, Barham Salih, tweeted on his account on "Twitter", regarding the government of Mustafa Al-Kazemi's confidence in the parliament: "I congratulate the Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi of obtaining confidence."
He added, "With this, we have passed a difficult stage in the history of our homeland, and the government formation must be completed as soon as possible to meet the challenges of health, security and the economy, not to mention the entitlement of reform and fair elections."
He continued, "It is our duty to join hands to support the government in accomplishing its massive tasks." 
The President of the National Wisdom Stream, Mr. Ammar Al-Hakim, blessed the government of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi for her confidence in the House of Representatives.
Al-Hakim said in a statement received by "Al-Sabah" a copy of it: "We congratulate the Al-Kazimi government for its confidence in the Iraqi parliament, wishing it success and success in its enormous mission."
He called on the new government "to commit to what it committed itself to in its government program, to prepare for early elections characterized by transparency and integrity as recommended by the supreme religious authority, to address the concerns of citizens, especially peaceful demonstrators, and to fulfill their legitimate demands, find quick solutions to the economic crisis, combat the Corona epidemic, and baptize the foundations of balanced relations locally and regionally And internationally. "
Mr. Al-Hakim also called on "political forces to do their utmost to support the government and close ranks to confront security, health, economic and social challenges, preserve unity and prevail over the supreme national interest, hoping to accelerate the completion of the government booth."
The head of the Irada movement, Hanan Al-Fatlawi, said in a tweet followed by "Al-Sabah": "We congratulate the new government on obtaining the confidence of the parliament, and we ask God that it be a new page that carries good for Iraq and its people."
Al-Fatlawi expressed her hope that "the new ministers will be confident and responsible to achieve the aspirations of the Iraqi street and protect the interests of the country and that their work will be for Iraq and its people with all its components."
The former US envoy to the international coalition against ISIS, Brett McGurk, blessed the Prime Minister-designate Mustafa Al-Kazemi, and he said in a tweet on Twitter: “I wish my friend Mustafa Al-Kazemi success in his new role as Prime Minister of Iraq.” He added that he was “an experienced and unified leader who has a huge agenda. On behalf of the Iraqi people, we must all hope for its success. "
British Ambassador Stephen Hayke congratulated Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi after he gained confidence in the House of Representatives, and Hayke said in a tweet on his account on Twitter: “The UK stands ready to support your government to eradicate Corona virus, and work on economic and security reform, as well as In the fight against ISIS. "
He continued: "I look forward to working with him and his government to continue the strong partnership between our two countries."  
The Canadian ambassador to Iraq, Orlic Shannon, also offered a similar congratulation and said in a tweet on his account on "Twitter": "I congratulate the new Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi for having his cabinet trust the House of Representatives."
He added, "It is an important step for Iraq in facing many fundamental challenges." 
MP Qassem Al-Araji blessed Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi on the occasion of the formation of the government, and he said in a follow-up tweet “Al-Sabah”: “We congratulate our brother Al-Kazemi for forming the new Iraqi government.”

Political positions
The positions of members of Parliament and political blocs varied regarding Al-Kazemi’s ministerial lineup, and independent MP Muzahim al-Tamimi told Al-Sabah: “He was hoping that the Prime Minister-designate would provide better than this ministerial formation,” noting that “the formation of the ministerial cabinet came after the pressure of the blocs Politics on the taxpayer who was constrained by what the political blocs dictate to him.
Al-Tamimi indicated that "there are many objections made by MPs to a number of ministers within the cabinet, and we hope that the aspirations of the citizens will be achieved." 
For its part, the representative of the Badr Parliamentary Bloc, Mithaq Al-Hamedi assured Al-Sabah that "the conditions the country is going through from a deteriorating economic and security situation, obligated the political blocs to take a unified decision by voting for the cabinet." 
She added that "the ministerial cabinet includes ministers who deserve to vote for them, and the political blocs and representatives on some names have question marks, and it is possible to change the name of the candidate," stressing that her bloc has "its own opinion that we put the public interest in the foreground and pass the ministerial cabinet regardless of the candidate." .
The State of Law Coalition issued a statement that it received "Al-Sabah" in which it said: "It confirms its refusal to participate in a government that does not have all the ingredients to produce a coherent government and a true representative of the interests of Iraq and capable of dealing with crises with an efficient professional team." He added, "From this standpoint we decided to withdraw Session of the House of Representatives and not to participate in the vote on the ministerial cabinet.
Head of the National Parliamentary Coalition bloc, Kazem Al-Shammari, told the Iraqi News Agency (INA): "There is no coordination between the opposition blocs in order to topple the Al-Kazemi government and prevent it from being passed within the parliament."
For its part, a spokeswoman for the victory coalition, Ayat Al-Mudhafar, said: "We see, out of the interest of the country, that it is necessary for the government to proceed because of the general situation in Iraq, there is a stalled budget and there is an international community that wants to deal with a government with powers and there is a stifling health crisis . "

LINK

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, HowieC said:

Pompeo.jpg

Great Find Howie ! ;) 

These Next Two Articles Are A Result Of Their Discussion ...

:D  :D  :D 

America allows Iraq to import electricity from Iran for another 120 days

- One Hour Passed

%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82-5-730x438-341x341.jpg

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo informed the new Iraqi Prime Minister that the United States would give Iraq a 120-day exception to continue importing electricity from Iran to help the new government succeed.

"In support of the new government, the United States will press ahead with granting a 120-day exception to import electricity as an expression of our desire to help create the conditions for success," the State Department said in a statement regarding a connection between Pompeo and new Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kazimi.

Washington has repeatedly extended the waiver that allows Baghdad to use the necessary Iranian energy supplies for its electricity grid for 90 or 120 days. But it extended the waiver last month for only 30 days while Baghdad was having trouble forming a new government.

link

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

The United States gives Iraq an exception to import energy from Iran

Free - Washington

May 07, 2020

2020-05-06T144826Z_367817853_RC22JG905DI

The United States decided to allow Iraq to continue importing electricity from Iran for 120 days, to help the new government led by Mustafa Al-Kazemi succeed.

"In support of the new government, the United States will move forward with a 120-day delay, to demonstrate our desire to help create the conditions for success," the State Department said in a statement after a conversation between Secretary Mike Pompeo and Al-Kazemi.

Washington repeated its extension to exempt Iraq previously from using Iranian energy supplies for periods ranging between 90 and 120 days, but last month only granted a 30-day extension to countries that were struggling to form a new government led by them.

According to the State Department statement, the Pompeo and Al-Kazemi conversation included discussions on "implementing reforms,dealing with Covid-19 and fighting corruption."

LINK

• Upvote 1

Abdul-Mahdi addresses Al-Kazemi with a short message

2020.05.07 - 02:40

97bd9c345-30180.jpg

Former Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi blessed his successor, Mustafa Al-Kazemi, for his parliamentary confidence, wishing him success and success.  

Abdul-Mahdi said in a brief message, which was seen by "people" at the dawn of Thursday (May 7, 2020), which stipulated:

"The Honorable Prime Minister, Brother Mustafa Al-Kazemi."  

Peace, mercy and blessings of God  

I congratulate you for your confidence in the representatives of the people and the formation of the new Iraqi government. We wish you every success and we invite everyone and ourselves to get around the new government to provide all means of support and assistance so that it and the country can overcome difficult and complicated circumstances. May God help you  

Peace, mercy and blessings of God  

Adel Abdul-Mahdi.

LINK

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

The first comment from Mustafa Al-Kazemi after assuming
the presidency of the Iraqi government

2020.05.07 - 01:16

30e55f1b4-30176.jpg

Baghdad - people  

Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, at dawn on Thursday, launched his pledges for the next
stage, after he gained confidence in the parliament.  

Al-Kazemi said in a post that “Nass” (May 7, 2020) followed, after the parliament voted on
most of his cabinet, “Today, the esteemed parliament has given confidence to my government,
and I will work with the honorable ministerial team to earnestly earn the trust and support of
our people.”  

"My gratitude goes to all of our support, and my hope is that all political forces will join hands
to face the difficult challenges," he added.  

Al-Kazemi concluded his post, "The Sovereignty, Security, Stability and Prosperity
of Iraq, Our Path." 

LINK

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2