Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Rush to Conspiracy

EverCurious452

13 hours ago, EverCurious452 said:

True enough!  I have heard people say some people actually believe this though I have never met one (well discounting the one guy I ran into that claimed it was true but I am pretty sure he was seriously high on something)..  I have browed the supposed evidence the put in various websites and its just silly.   Such things do not bode well for the future of our civilization.

Yep There are many who believe this stuff. Amazing.

I personally know at least three people that believe the Earth is flat yet I dont know a single person or their family members  who have contracted Covid.  Thats a good thing !

54 minutes ago, SocalDinar said:

Sure would like to see the numbers on other common death causes . 

Totally agree.

Alas I think the Trump administration's recent change to require data to go to HHS instead of the CDC is only going to make this more muddled.  I'm not asserting that the CDC reporting system was great, Im guessing it was pretty old, but maybe changing this in the middle of a pandemic is not a great idea and why not fund an upgrade for the CDC instead of having everyone change their reporting protocol.

Uh... 95% of US deaths are age 50+. Of those, appx. 80% (total) are over age 65 (source... CDC website... FACT). JB was against the China travel ban (called it xenophobic) of which, by all accounts dramatically helped limit the spread. FACT.  Masks (if they are going to help at all) MAY limit the transmission of asymptomatic or symptomatic, however a mask is not necessary if you are COVID-19 negative (which DJT gets tested more than any human on the planet). He has worn one and has said "masks are a good thing".  I am going to go out on a limb and suggest that many people may not like the man's delivery or crass approach but DO want the policies he is promoting and accomplishing.  The alternative has shown in the past, present, and will show (if adopted) in the future that it brings confusion, chaos, and poverty for the majority while further cementing the rich power hungry elite JMHO.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, GameChanger said:

Uh... 95% of US deaths are age 50+. Of those, appx. 80% (total) are over age 65 (source... CDC website... FACT).

ok, I don't think anyone is disputing the mortality demographics so I'm not sure of your point here.

JB was against the China travel ban (called it xenophobic) of which, by all accounts dramatically helped limit the spread. FACT.

Not that I've heard.  It was basically shutting the door after the horse has left so to speak.  We knew about the virus (i.e. that some unknown virus was serious in Wuhan in mid December but we did nothing (and the Chinese actively suppressed this).  Since only a few percent of those infected get seriously ill that means that there would have been many more infections than just those that ended up in the hospital in Wuhan and for some weeks at least previously.  About 4,000 people a month fly from Wuhan to the US (and likewise all over the world).  So by the time in late jan after China declared that it had a problem and Trump but up the ban ONLY FOR NON US CITIZENS, the virus was already spared all over the world..  To stop it at that point we would have had to check people at airports all over the word, and jump on any outbreak anywhere by contact tracing all those exposed and isolating the ones infected possible locking down small areas.  But we didn't do any of that.

Masks (if they are going to help at all) MAY limit the transmission of asymptomatic or symptomatic, however a mask is not necessary if you are COVID-19 negative (which DJT gets tested more than any human on the planet). He has worn one and has said "masks are a good thing". 

Indeed the primary reason for everyone to wear a mask is to protect others since you do not know if you are infected or not.   Its different for Trump.  The reason for him to wear one is to normalize that behavior for his supporters, to say look "wear a mask".  Doing it is different than reading it off of a teleprompter.

I am going to go out on a limb and suggest that many people may not like the man's delivery or crass approach but DO want the policies he is promoting and accomplishing.  The alternative has shown in the past, present, and will show (if adopted) in the future that it brings confusion, chaos, and poverty for the majority while further cementing the rich power hungry elite JMHO.

Trump is indeed crass but it is his total lack of empathy, his narcism, his disillusion about his greatness, his executive incompetence and his inability to tell the truth that makes him unfit for office.   The only thing he is good at is lying about his accomplishments and he is very good at that, so good that people believe him.  He has no policy, the whole Presidency is just reality TV for him.

3 hours ago, EverCurious452 said:

Trump is indeed crass but it is his total lack of empathy, his narcism, his disillusion about his greatness, his executive incompetence and his inability to tell the truth that makes him unfit for office.   The only thing he is good at is lying about his accomplishments and he is very good at that, so good that people believe him.  He has no policy, the whole Presidency is just reality TV for him.

Can you elaborate and give examples of your accusations?

Took my Father-in-Law to the podiatrist last week. I was in the room while he was being treated and talking to the Dr. Conversation came up about surgeries he had performed and was going to perform in 2 days at the local hospital. I asked about Covid and the hospital situation. He told me that the Covid deaths that they are posting are bogus. Why? Because according to him if a patient dies in the hospital from say a stroke or heart attack, but test positive for Covid, then the death is recorded as caused by Covid. I said why in the hell would they do that, that's intentionally lying about the data. He said because for every Covid death they report to the Gov, Medicare pays the hospital $72,000/Covid patient death. I was blown away and pissed. You think what you want, but I am becoming very skeptical and cynical  by the hour, even more so than I have been.

• Thanks 2

A nurse told me that EVERYONE who has got a flu shot will test positive for carona antibodies - 

and she said the same thing - if i die in a car wreck - they test me - if I have antibodies of covid 

I am dead from covid.

I do not trust any of these people.  We have to trust ourselves.  We all know this is BS!  

GO RV! 

5 hours ago, Markinsa said:

Can you elaborate and give examples of your accusations?

I'm surprised its needed, but sure.

Total lack of empathy:  He is well known as a bully yet expects others to give in to his bullying, where he would not do so.

He visits a hospital caring for the wounded in the August 2019 Walmart shooting (23 killed) after which he poses for a photo with a big grin and two thumbs up with Melania holding a now orphaned infant.  I mean who does that?  Have you heard Trump speak off the cuff where he expresses caring or empathy or condolence for anyone?    Any such words are  read off a teleprompter in the speeches I've seen (but I have watched every one of course) .  When he goes off script its always about how great he is how unfairly he is being treated.  Did you watch the Axios interview recently?  "Mr President 1,000 Americans are die everyday from this" his response: "it is what it is" and then goes on to say you "can not use" the deaths per 100,000 populations data "read the books, read the manuals", what is he talking about?  It was all about him not about the suffering in the country.

Narcism and illusion of greatness: Practically ever time he opens his mouth the first thing is about how great he is.  When asked to list some mistakes he's made he couldn't think of anything (I think he mentioned a a child ONCE doing something his mother didn't like or something like that).  He claims everything he does is "perfect".  Ask any clearly successful entrepreneur (Musk, Gates, Bezos, Branson, Buffett,...) and they will tell you plenty of mistakes they have made, that is how you learn.  But Trump thinks he is endowed with the ability to excel at anything without even working at it. He goes to meetings with other heads of state with no prep (and is of course played like a fiddle by them).  He was not a good at business. He made his money the old fashioned way by inheriting a huge fortune and squandering it down to a only large fortune (i.e. 400M received over his earlier life just invested in the Dow would be worth far more then Tump's businesses and the Dow index is the average of large corporations)  Trump airlines: fail, Trump Atlantic City: fail, Trump's one public company (DJT) fail.  Six pretty large bankruptcies overall.  Yet he (many times) calls himself "a stable genius", need I say more?

Incompetence: Is the US relationship with China, North Korea, Iran, Russia, the EU friends and foes alike better or worse now compared to 4 years ago?  He has claimed numerous times that Republicans would have a fantastic heath care system, so where is it?   He claimed over and over that Covid was nothing, total under control.  Is it?   Was there (or is there even today) good federal coronation on testing and tracing and PPE supplies?  No.  Why is there such high turnover in the administration, even among folks Trump appoints?   What is important to Trump is loyalty not competence.   He rails against immigration but he is doing anything to actually fix it?  No he just wants to demonize immigrants for political purposes.  He rails against China, but has he done anything to fundamentally alter trade with them?  No.

lies: Starting with the size of the crowds at his inauguration and going on literally every day if not every hour he just can't tell the truth.  I think this is due to "his" truth being whatever is in his head in the moment and he has no methodology to actually ascertain the truth of something.  And mostly what is in his head is how great he he.   Does China pay the tariffs he imposed on Chinese imports?  Of course not.   Was the unemployment rate in 2016 really 25% as he claimed?  of course not.   Did he collude with Russia in 2016?  Yes of course (he gave them internal campaign poling data to drive their social media voter influence efforts).  Did he attempt to extort Ukraine to announce opening an investigation into Biden for his political gain?  Clearly yes.  Is mail in voting rife with fraud?  No.  Were 3-4 million illegal votes cast for Clinton in 2016?  No.  Remember the Voter Fraud commission chaired by Pence?  Gee what happened to that?  Quietly disbanded when they found nothing.     Remember in the campaign when he spoke of all the tax loop holes that he alone could fix?   Has he closed even one? No, he has however added a big one (the 20% passthrough for LLCs, sole proprietorships,, i.e. business's structured as his is structured, what a coincidence!).   He also claimed the wealthy would pay more and clearly they are not.  He said the tax cuts would not add to the debt but even before covid he increased the debt like no one else.  He calls himself the king of debt, but really he is the king of defaulting on debt.  If you are a good enough con man (and he IS a good one)  you can get away with that in the private sector (sad but true) but not in the public sector.   According to the Washington Post as of May 29, 2020 he has made 19,127 false or misleading claims.  Even if you want to say that 90% of those are due to the Post's liberal views (and I don't think that is valid), that is still 1,912 which is still 5/day.

ok I better stop this is already long (the list is so long its hard to know when to stop).

11 hours ago, EverCurious452 said:

Well putting beans on the table is pretty important to many people. That he did. I personally had my best year ever last year. I had no problem writing that check to the IRS.  Every politician lies and we supporters get a chuckle out of his vanity too. Obama was an eloquent speaker but  he cost me a lot of money. My premiums doubled for my family of four because of ACA. That was the only way we could keep our doctors. Up the plan.  Some blame the insurance companies  but they are a business and make these decisions based on policy. And even in the middle of a pandemic my businesses are making GREAT money.

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SocalDinar said:

Well putting beans on the table is pretty important to many people. That he did. I personally had my best year ever last year. I had no problem writing that check to the IRS.

Did he?  He took office after 7 years of every lowering unemployment and every rising markets.  The average quarterly GDP growth for the last 3 years of Obama is slightly HIGHER than the first 3 years or Trump (i.e. the closest years).  So (prior to covid) was the economy doing well because of Trump or in spite of Trump?

Every politician lies and we supporters get a chuckle out of his vanity too

Sure, but Trump has pushed lies to an unimagined limit, he lies about everything important or not.  The problem with that is you can not trust anything he says.  and "vanity" is the understatement of the millennium.

Obama was an eloquent speaker but  he cost me a lot of money. My premiums doubled for my family of four because of ACA. That was the only way we could keep our doctors. Up the plan.  Some blame the insurance companies  but they are a business and make these decisions based on policy.

Anytime a major money flow in the economy is moving around some will pay more some will pay less and until it stabilizes who those are will likely be change too.  I think Obama made a mistake by not making that clear.  The open market will never work for health care services as it does not meet the requirements (supply and demand being independent, information on alternative easily available, and switching between alternatives being easy, none of that is true for health care as a service).  So we are destined to eventually get to single payer.  The only really question is how.

And even in the middle of a pandemic my businesses are making GREAT money.

glad to hear it!

53 minutes ago, EverCurious452 said:

The average quarterly GDP growth for the last 3 years of Obama is slightly HIGHER than the first 3 years or Trump (i.e. the closest years).  So (prior to covid) was the economy doing well because of Trump or in spite of Trump?

Obama’s Legacy: US Will Never Again See .3% Growth

By
 M. Dowling
 -
April 28, 2016

Obama

The US is in a dire financial situation but there is no real outrage. The latest dismal growth numbers haven’t raised concerns from our politicians, not even Republicans. We hear crickets.

The US added 200,000 jobs last month but we would need 400,000 to keep up with population growth. Our economic growth has slowed to 0.5% for the first three months of 2016, the slowest pace in two years.

The U.S. had only grown 1.4%, 2% and 3.9% in the prior three quarters and last quarter will be revised downward.

Real Clear Markets reports that the CBO is “now forecasting that America will never see 3.0% economic growth again.” If that is accurate, we are on a short path to not being able to sustain ourselves.

“From 1790 to 2000, U.S. RGDP growth averaged 3.79%. America needs at least 3.0% economic growth-the nation cannot defend itself and pay its bills without it,” real clear markets reported.

The year 2015 marks the tenth year without 3% growth, the longest run since the Great Depression. The next longest was four years.

Hillarious Clinton has promised to continue these great Barack Obama policies that led us to this dismal place. Barack Obama is the first president to not deliver a single year of .3% growth. Obama’s record can’t hold a candle to that of the much-maligned George W. Bush.

The US is probably already in a recession.

As real clear markets wrote, “The rate of real economic growth is the single greatest determinate of both America’s strength as a nation and the well-being of the American people. And, Obama’s record in this area has been truly dismal.”

The US is not running a free market. We are enmeshed in more and more regulations, bureaucracy and taxes. Hillarious believes in “progressively” expanding the size, power, and reach of government and she has promised more and more freebies that we can’t afford to pay for. She will build on the Progressive policies of Obama. She truly is an Obama third term.

The redistributionist policies will not foster growth. They discourage investments and entrepreneurship. The rich will hide their money where the enormously big government can’t get it.

The idea that there is a single  GDP number that summarizes the entire economy is flawed to begin with .  The US economy is a complicated thing.  Still I think the claim that the GDP under Obama was some sort of low point is clearly wrong.  GDP has been negative  a number of times including the 2008 recession but  from about 2010 onwards things have ben pretty stable and on average slightly higher than under Trump (prior to the pandemic) but again GDP does not tell the whole story of the economy so it wrong to reach a conclusion based only on this.  from https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp-growth

united-states-gdp-growth.png?s=gdp%2Bcqo

Edited by EverCurious452

16 hours ago, EverCurious452 said:

Did he?  He took office after 7 years of every lowering unemployment and every rising markets.  The average quarterly GDP growth for the last 3 years of Obama is slightly HIGHER than the first 3 years or Trump (i.e. the closest years).  So (prior to covid) was the economy doing well because of Trump or in spite of Trump?

Sure, but Trump has pushed lies to an unimagined limit, he lies about everything important or not.  The problem with that is you can not trust anything he says.  and "vanity" is the understatement of the millennium.

Anytime a major money flow in the economy is moving around some will pay more some will pay less and until it stabilizes who those are will likely be change too.  I think Obama made a mistake by not making that clear.  The open market will never work for health care services as it does not meet the requirements (supply and demand being independent, information on alternative easily available, and switching between alternatives being easy, none of that is true for health care as a service).  So we are destined to eventually get to single payer.  The only really question is how.

glad to hear it!

I am a capitalist. Always have been and always will be. I can do the work of three men. I worked union for a long long time and watched as many would complain about the owners making too much money. They dont get it that we the owners take all the risk. I would ask them if the job lost money if they would give some money back  HA HA.  

20% of the population carries the other 80% . Kill our incentive and what do you think will happen?

Give people stuff for free and when it runs out they will ask " why not more ?" 

California screws us in taxes and yet they always want more.  They tax taxes here. They give away welfare like crazy. Yet it never is enough.Number one in poverty and almost last in education. It was paradise as kid.. Not anymore . Whats changed.?The political party running the state ... Thats whats changed.

Edited by SocalDinar

On 8/14/2020 at 1:08 PM, SocalDinar said:

Sure would like to see the numbers on other common death causes . 

Here you go.  Deaths from heart conditions are up not down so patients with underlying heart conditions are having heart attacks from the added stress of covid, but those deaths are listed as caused by heart conditions not covid.  I downloaded the data from the cdc.  I didn't manage to put an image into the post so attached the spreadsheet itself and a pdf of the graph.  The full data has weekly deaths by state but I dropped that and only kept the total for the US.  It also looks like there is a 4-5 week lag for full data since all the causes trail off for the most recent week.

US weekly deaths.csv US weekly deaths.pdf

13 hours ago, SocalDinar said:

I am a capitalist. Always have been and always will be. 

I am fully in favor of capitalism.  

20% of the population carries the other 80%

Where do you get that figure?

.Kill our incentive and what do you think will happen?

I have said nothing about "killing our incentive".  I merely think the rate for high earners should go back up a few points.  If we are going to continue to tax income I'd like to have all income taxed the same and get rid of lots of special interest deductions (even mortgage interest which got in just from lobbying by lenders).

Give people stuff for free and when it runs out they will ask " why not more ?" 

I'm not sure what you are talking about.  If its health care, then the free market will never lower health care costs and keeping people healthy even if they can not pay saves money for the rest of us, unless we are willing to just let those who can not pay die in the street, which I do not think we willing to do (at least I hope we are not).

7 hours ago, EverCurious452 said:

I have said nothing about "killing our incentive".  I merely think the rate for high earners should go back up a few points.  If we are going to continue to tax income I'd like to have all income taxed the same and get rid of lots of special interest deductions (even mortgage interest which got in just from lobbying by lenders).

I'm not sure what you are talking about.  If its health care, then the free market will never lower health care costs and keeping people healthy even if they can not pay saves money for the rest of us, unless we are willing to just let those who can not pay die in the street, which I do not think we willing to do (at least I hope we are not).

No data showing the 20-80 split. Probably more like 10-90%

We see it in every day life.

I have 10  employees and 2 get most of the work done . The other 8 just cruise through their day. Never taking overtime and watching the clock all day.

How about at our kids schools. My wife and i would volunteer and it was ALWAYS the same parents volunteering

At the moose lodge i am a member of its the same 5-10 of us volunteering with upkeep of the place while the other 200 members think drinking beer is volunteering.

When my kids played little league it was the same 5% of us doing all the work while others used it like babysitting their kids. Im sure people see the same thing in other towns

Same thing in the scouts. Very few of us helped out.

As far as taxes go the top 1% pay a greater share of income taxes than the bottom 90%

The top 10% of earners pay nearly 70% of all income taxes!!!

The bottom 40% pay NOTHING!

Its all welfare programs. Its never enough. It only enslaves the poor. Why should anyone subsidize others healthcare including illegal aliens here in CA.   Its not like i'm willing to let people die but lets remember cause and effect. If you work cash all your life you dont get medicare.If you don't buy car insurance you don't drive.  If you spend your free time drinking beer and watching sports when you could be working you don't deserve welfare. The safety net is abused. I have employees making $70,000 a year who wont get married to the mothers of their chhildren because they would lose their welfare! Its the 21st century and wives need to work. Countless years of debasing our currency ( inflation ) makes this needed to live a lifestyle we had as kids.

I work 60 hours a week to make what i have and still have time to volunteer my time to the community. Should i pay more because i work harder.? Heck no! its nothing but theft by government. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, EverCurious452 said:

Is happiness a Right?

2 hours ago, SocalDinar said:

No data showing the 20-80 split. Probably more like 10-90%

We see it in every day life.

I have 10  employees and 2 get most of the work done . The other 8 just cruise through their day. Never taking overtime and watching the clock all day.

Its your company, why do you tolerate it?

1 hour ago, SocalDinar said:

Is happiness a Right?

I believe it's "life, liberty and the PURSUIT of happiness".

and speaking of "life", if you are not going let people die, it would be less expensive in the long run to let them get annual checkups then wait till they go to the ER.

Edited by EverCurious452

2 hours ago, SocalDinar said:

As far as taxes go the top 1% pay a greater share of income taxes than the bottom 90%

The top 10% of earners pay nearly 70% of all income taxes!!!

The bottom 40% pay NOTHING!

The top 10% receive nearly half of all income let alone assets as well.  Our system is progressive, no surprise here.

(from https://taxfoundation.org/summary-of-the-latest-federal-income-tax-data-2020-update/)

Table 1. Summary of Federal Income Tax Data, 2017

Note: Table does not include dependent filers. “Income split point” is the minimum AGI for tax returns to fall into each percentile.

Source: IRS, Statistics of Income, Individual Income Rates and Tax Shares (2019).

Top 1% Top 5% Top 10% Top 25% Top 50% Bottom 50% All Taxpayers Number of Returns 1,432,952 7,164,758 14,329,516 35,823,790 71,647,580 71,647,580 143,295,160 Adjusted Gross Income ($ millions) $2,301,449 $3,995,037 $5,220,949 $7,561,368 $9,706,054 $1,230,446 $10,936,500 Share of Total Adjusted Gross Income 21.0% 36.5% 47.7% 69.1% 88.7% 11.3% 100.0% Income Taxes Paid ($ millions) $615,979 $946,954 $1,122,158 $1,378,757 $1,551,537 $49,772 $1,601,309 Share of Total Income Taxes Paid 38.5% 59.1% 70.1% 86.1% 96.9% 3.1% 100.0% Income Split Point $515,371 $208,053 $145,135 $83,682 $41,740 $41,740   Average Tax Rate 26.8% 23.7% 21.5% 18.2% 16.0% 4.0% 14.6%

The economy grew just as fast or faster when the top rates were a little higher, the trump trillion dollar break for the top groups was not warranted.   simplify the code, make all income the same, remove most deductions and loopholes.   None of which will happen unless the tax code is a lot harder to change (e.g. requiring super majorities and only on single purpose legislation and I doubt that will every happen so lobbying to get in tax changes will continue).

Volunteering has to be almost a passion.  Some people get it some dont.  Many times people think they dont have anything to contribute. That is where leaders come to play. I have been in scouting , JA , and STEM . 

My employer at the time encouraged and made allowances for the time and effort.  By nature I could not just watch , I have to get involved or get out.

As far as the Covid Conspiracy goes. We are learning as we go thru this. We dont understand a lot of what we read or hear. A lot of it is misinterpreted or plain wrong. Like Drs misstating cause of death on purpose , or double counts.   

Edited by rockfl9

4 hours ago, EverCurious452 said:

I believe it's "life, liberty and the PURSUIT of happiness".

and speaking of "life", if you are not going let people die, it would be less expensive in the long run to let them get annual checkups then wait till they go to the ER.

Exactly. Happiness is not a right.  We have the right to pursue happiness only. 

But not sold on healthcare being a right. I pay for my family because Its a personal responsibility.

What happened to people being responsible for themselves and their families.? 

My old boss had a saying about some employees.

He said  " they will take take take until there is nothing left to give"  He was right.

And Rock I too cant sit back and watch. I don't consider it really a passion ... more like an obligation and i always fulfill my obligations.

And i dont think COVID  numbers are a conspiracy... Its all money driven. Corruption is a fact of life. I learned from that same employer that a lot of  business is Bull stuff. I see collusion every day in my line of work. Not uncommon for people to want kickbacks and divulging numbers to their subs. So it would be naive to think this is not happening in our hospitals. Not all but surely some are dirty

I stay away from this but it still crosses my desk quite often. I sleep well at night. I run a legit business. Nothing goes unreported including income from selling rocks and dirt LOL. I don't have to report my gold until its sold. 

• 3 weeks later...

The torrent of conspiracy just won't stop.  

upstarts we have

And there is this.

No need for a vaccine.

In fact this stuff kill the virus and you can't pass a dead virus. 

The cost of a a treatment is .12 cents. So safe Dr.s over there are taking it as a preventative while they are exposed to it treating other patients.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-04-coronavirus-drug-australian-scientists.html

But if the poster actually READ the article they post they would see that this only discussions tests "in vitro", i.e. cells in a culture not even in animals let alone humans.  So does this deserve further study?  Of cause, and it IS being studied.  But the claim that somehow other countries have found the miracle cure is NOT remotely supported by this (or any other article I am aware of).

Then we have the ever present (deaths are over reported) theme

heard on one american news a conservative news network , out of all the 180,000 deaths or more only 6% died of cv19 the hospitals and others get more money if people died of cv

roughly only 10,000 died out 180,000, where the flu kills about 37,000 every year

you stand  98% chance of not getting the cv, you'll never hear this on the liberal news channels

Again if the slightest attempt at investigation was done you would see that about 200,000 people in the US have died so far this year over and above  the usual number.  If that is not from COVID-19, then what?  Note that that is LESS than the official COVID-19 death count as many of those would have died from other factors with COVID-19 being a contributor, but not the final case (though such determination is hard to make).  Just go here and scroll down to the graph to see weekly deaths from all causes for the past few years.    And it's a huge stretch to call OAN a "news network" as they are much more like a propaganda outlet for the Trump.