Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

High cholesterol

Try to stay off the Satins.  Those things are terrible.  For me it was a complete diet change and more exercise.  It took me a good two years to lose the weight and learn how to eat right.  No sugar, no chips, cookies, cake, ice cream, pasta, or bread.  Eat smaller meals, lots of veggies and only fish and occasional chicken or red meat. I walk for an hour every day and do light weight work.  It worked for me. My numbers are great and for the first time in my life I feel great, at age 67.  Look into the Keto or Mediterranean diets.  Change like your life depends on it, because it does!!!.  You can do it, commit and get started.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

3 hours ago, Gypsygirl11 said:

Just curious if anybody has any input on what to take to reduce high cholesterol. I just had a blood test and all my cholesterol is off the charts. I don't want to take medicine, prefer natural. A friend told me fish oil. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Red Yeast rice really helps (tablets).

• Thanks 3

• 7 months later...
On 5/1/2020 at 8:14 PM, Gypsygirl11 said:

Just curious if anybody has any input on what to take to reduce high cholesterol. I just had a blood test and all my cholesterol is off the charts. I don't want to take medicine, prefer natural. A friend told me fish oil. Any recommendations are appreciated.

If your numbers are so high that they cannot tabulate them, I was like that ... well try the statin Crestor just to get your numbers down. It has the least side effects on your joints, and take Qunol Mega CoQ10 (Costco, ebay, amazon) while you do the statin, any statin. CoQ10 is naturally produced by the body, age lowers the amount produced, statins drain your body of it. CoQ10 is vital for cell growth and maintenance . Also do everything Pitcher said; if you can. Particularly the  no sugar , (processed sugar. I still use honey in my tea - which I am also cutting down on), no chips, cookies, cake, ice cream, pasta, or bread. I am just now acquiescing to all that myself since I was not getting at a place where I can get off the statins. Try a good healthy smoothie with SP (Standard Process) Complete non-dairy, perhaps some green powder complex, a small amount of oats, and a organic fruit blend you like. I have lost 8 lbs alone doing the smoothies for breakfast and lunch. But now my wife is buying all the chips and processed meals. oyevay . Extra virgin olive oil, cold pressed, pressed in one location, California or Italy, not a blend from countries w,x,y, and z, is best. Take a tablespoon of this , with lemon juice 15 - 30 mins before breakfast or diner on a empty stomach . I am starting this tomorrow to improve my cholesterol, high blood pressure, in hopes of finally getting off statins and bp meds. 

Niacin will also help to lower LDL and elevate HDL its one of the best non med treatments for high cholesterol. Use Niacin , and not the version of niacin known as niacinamide which is less effective. I tried it but had to stop because I had the "niacin burn" real bad when I took more than 50 mg a day. I think the ideal dosage was 500mg/day which I was working up to. I would describe it as a wicked sun burn feeling to your skin.

TaTa for now. Good health to you.

• Thanks 1

You know modern medicine is a wonderful thing. the surgical advances we have made in the last 50+ years is unparalleled. The problem I find however is that modern medicine has extended our longevity (in many cases) LONG past the point of quality of life. So many more people today (because of many bad habits we as a society today have developed) outlive a self sufficient life and thus must be cared for by someone else (usually a family member). Case in point, my wife andI thought once retired, we would be able to travel, see places we have never seen and enjoy a slower pace of life after finishing our parental duties. But hey, NOT SO FAST!! In the last 5 years, we have had to care for my Mom until passing in 2018, then my Mother-in-Law until passing in 2020 and now my Father-in-Law who is 90 with a pacemaker and prostate cancer. And thanks to modern medicine, he has about 5 Dr's appointment/month, which is helping cling to life by a fingernail. It is sad to watch this transpire. So, now that we are in our mid 60s and 70 we find ourselves taking care of people who could not take care of themselves Please do not interpret what I am saying as bitching. We love and loved our parents, however, my wife and I are the only siblings on either side that will do anything for our parents. So now when my FIL passes we may be too old ourselves to be able to enjoy a quality of life that we would like. And he has a history of longevity, his mother made it to 101. That would put me at 81 and I can feel old man age chasing after my arse now. But I try not to let "The Old Man in" everyday. I'm going down swinging.

By the way Gypsygirl, there is (or was) a product called BiosLife 2. It was produced by a company called Unicity (they may have changed their name to Make Life Better). I use to use it for my cholesterol and it works great. All natural and at the time I was using it, it was the only natural cholesterol lowering product listed in the Physician's Handbook of Medicine. you might look it up. Not cheap but works and is an alternative to statins especially of you are not able to be physically active. Good Luck. Keep us posted

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On 12/18/2020 at 8:14 AM, Markinsa said:

Don't freak out if your Cholesterol is too high.  The whole "Your Cholesterol is too high bit, is a scam."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX1vBA9bLNk&t=4s

Markinsa is right Gypsygirl11, Cholesterol is not the problem, it's inflammation!  Irritated arteries attract Cholesterol which sticks to the irritated Arteries and creates the blockage. Usually a Heart attack is caused by a blood clot which blocks completely the narrowed Arteries. This Heart surgeon has performed thousands of bypass surgeries and has come to the conclusion that Low carb diet is the answer. Sugar, and I know wheat are very inflammatory.. This is a good listen! Good Luck!

• Like 1