Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Legal affirms: Al-Kazemi's failure to gain confidence obliges the President of the Republic to dissolve Parliament

Mary B

Legal affirms: Al-Kazemi's failure to gain confidence obliges the President of the Republic to dissolve Parliament

Mustafa-Al-Kazemi

Legal expert Ali Al-Tamimi stressed that the failure of Prime Minister-designate Mustafa Al-Kazimi to gain parliamentary confidence compels the President of the Republic, Barham Salih, to assume the presidency of the government and then dissolve the House of Representatives.

Al-Tamimi said that "Article 76 of the constitution allowed the President of the Republic to assign the candidate of the largest bloc to head the government the first time, and then assign another person in the event of the government’s resignation or dismissal. In the third case, all paragraphs of the mandate article are exhausted."

He added, "The failure to assign Mustafa Al-Kazimi compels the President of the Republic to assume the presidency of the government himself, because the position is vacant according to Article 81 of the Constitution."

Al-Tamimi indicated that "Saleh's assumption of the prime minister would give him the powers to call for the dissolution of the House of Representatives, which is binding in the event of disagreement with a candidate charged with lost time."

https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/ar/Story/194092/قانوني-يؤكد-فشل-الكاظمي-في-نيل-الثقة-يلزم-رئيس-الجمهورية-بحل-البرلمان

• Thanks 9
  • Upvote 2

Am I the only one concerned about this?  I'm not so sure Salih is one of the good guys and now he looks like he'll be in full - and sole - control once he dissolves the House of Representatives.  I did a quick search and just this past January, he was praising Soleimani as a martyr and acknowldeged how much he'd helped Iraq.  That doesn't bode well for the man.  While I haven't made up my mind about him (maybe that was just a PR statement on Soleimani's death), I think it's always very dangerous to put one person in sole control.  Power really does tend to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.  I really hope this works out well for the Iraqi people, they so deserve a good break .  And at least I think it probably won't hurt the RV because I really believe Iraq has no other viable choice but to RV to get out of the tight bind it's in. 

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 8

:reading-newspaper:When Saddam Hussein was in power, the Iraqi Dinar was worth a lot. :moneybag:Now it's falling apart. Why? They aren't up to it. America needs to change their mind on Arab culture. We have to just get over this whole obsession of turning Iraq into a democracy. :eagle:...like us. It won't work. :rake:They are not up to it, their culture is simply too primitive. What will likely happen is Iraq will go back to what it was, a brutal dictatorship, with few human rights. I would not want to live there, but that seems to be what works in :ph34r:Islamic culture. 

Saddam Hussein was an Arab Sunni. That group is a minority...about 20% of the population, but they managed to hold onto power for many decades....and were rolling in money. If that is where all this ends up, I'm fine with that. Iraqis were given lots of help. It's their failure. You can't turn a pig into a race horse. :cisole::deadhorse:

I once knew a fine Christian couple from a small town who had a skinny 5 foot 10 red-haired son with very little athletic ability. He loved basketball, like I do. The son thought he'd end up in the NBA, as a pro. His parents tolerated his delusions, even encouraged them. I didn't. I told him to get a job at the local mill. I was right. His parents were wrong. The son works at the mill now. He's happy. He found his place.....Is it a delusion that Iraq will end up a decent democracy? I think so. I'm not looking for Iraq to end up in the NBA of nations. All I'm looking for is stability. I'm not looking to turn Iraq into Vermont, with pleasant fine people, democracy and Sunday bake sales at church.:praying:

If Salih takes power and if one person ends up in power, just like Saddam was, Iraq will continue to be a corrupt stupid country, :trash:with tremendous wealth.....with a high value currency, just like under Saddam. :calculator:My guess is that Iraq will end up a brutal dictatorship again, one way or another, with the people gaining no freedom and the elite stealing almost all the money.

My only real comment is, more or less leave them alone, continue the military occupation,:salute: interfere as little as possible and don't try to turn a camel, into a horse. :bananacamel::rodeo:...........:peace:

Edited by Rochester
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, southbeach said:

Sorry, but ALL things on earth are possible with God.  

All things on earth are possible with God. I agree.

True southbeach, but are Muslims following God?

All things on earth are possible with God. Agreed. But all things on earth are not possible with humans....because we are not God.

For instance, I'll never make it to the NBA. God would have to intervene, to make that possible. Also women will never find me as appealing as George Clooney. Making me as appealing as George to women, that would take even more divine intervention, from God...now that would take a real miracle! :angel:...I'll just have to live with that...:peace:

. ...just my humble opinion :tiphat:

• Like 2

LINK

Saleh mediates to resolve disputes between Al-Kazemi and the political blocs, and calls for the dissolution of Parliament

image.jpeg.457b8a3cf490165974b538c51ea33bb4.jpeg

27th April, 202

President of the Republic Barham Salih entered the crisis of forming the government, especially that only two weeks remain until the expiry of the deadline for Prime Minister-designate Mustafa Al-Kazemi to form his government or catch up with his predecessors in charge, Muhammad Allawi and Adnan Al-Zarfi, in light of the continuing differences between him and the main political forces Responsible custom and not law for the file of forming the government, according to the sectarian quotas on which the political process was built in Iraq, which focuses on the insistence of the Arab Shiite political blocs to change Al-Kazemi’s ministerial formation, and the adoption of other considerations that take into account the nominations of political blocs for each position, and antiques Also accused.

In the new scene of the crisis forming the Iraqi government, which is entering its fifth month in a row, political sources confirmed Barham Saleh's entry on the crisis line as a mediating party to bring the views between the various parties together, warning, at the same time, of the danger of thwarting Al-Kazemi’s mission along the lines of the two former prime ministers The two who were assigned in the past three months, Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi and Adnan Al-Zarfi, meanwhile waving the option to request the dissolution of the Iraqi parliament, and to hold early elections if the government does not form.

Al-Kazemi failed in the past two weeks to reach an agreement with the political forces on his cabinet, as most of the Shiite political forces rejected most of the names of his cabinet ministers nominated in a meeting he held with them at the end of last week. And the Iraqi Prime Minister-designate has exceeded half of the constitutional deadline set for him to submit his government formation to parliament for a vote, as the Iraqi President assigned him, on the ninth of the current month of April, according to the constitution, because Al-Kazemi has one month to present his formation to Parliament for voting, ending in The ninth of next month, amid fears of a repeat of the scenario of Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi and Adnan Al-Zarfi with him.

Well-informed political sources said, "Barham Salih started moving towards different political leaderships, with the aim of resolving the crisis between them and the Prime Minister-designate Mustafa Al-Kazemi, as the" state of law "and" Al-Fateh "blocs remain, in particular, the most prominent opponents of Al-Kazemi's ministerial cabinet. And require candidates for the ministries through them, as well as the differences between the blocs themselves about the ministries, and what they consider to be entitled to them, such as the Ministry of Interior, which is fighting over three political blocs, namely, "Badr", "Saeron", "State of Law", and the Ministry of Defense Which witnesses sharp differences between the forces and Sunni blocs on the one hand, and between the "patriotism" bloc, led by E. Dr. Allawi, as well as foreign ministries, transport, industry and education."  The sources indicated that, "In the past hours, Saleh held various meetings with political leaders and leaders to reach a political solution, warning of the seriousness of the conditions in Iraq and the need for a full-fledged government, and warned of the danger of thwarting Al-Kazemi's mission, hinting that the failure of the third prime minister-designate means that the imbalance It has become parliamentary blocs, not the prime minister, and it has the option to dissolve parliament and call early elections the safest way."

For his part, the deputy for the "Al-Hikma" movement, Ali Al-Badiri, expressed his fear that "a scenario exists for Al-Kazemi similar to that of Al-Zarfi and before him Allawi," noting that "the failure of the task of every assigned Prime Minister nominated may be deliberate and agreed upon in order to keep the current government, Headed by Adel Abdul-Mahdi, and to keep the situation as it is." He continued that "the next two days will be critical to resolving the differences and the agreement and agreement on the passage of the Al-Kazemi government, or the failure of these efforts, and the submission of Al-Kazemi to his apology, but we expect that the Iraqi president's intervention will change many positions in support of Al-Kazemi."

For his part, Saad al-Muttalabi, a leader in the State of Law coalition led by Nuri al-Maliki, said that "most of the Sunni and Shiite political forces agreed that the nominations in the cabinet cabinet of Mustafa Al-Kazemi’s government should be through it and on one ruler," noting that "the failure of the Prime Minister-designate These rules, with political forces of various components, will be faced with a refusal to give him the confidence of Parliament." "Al-Kazemi is still trying to persuade the opposing political forces, but in my expectation there are doubts that he will succeed in his mission," al-Muttalabi said. He added that "the intervention of the President of the Republic to resolve the differences is a positive thing, and there can be some change in the crisis, especially since the political forces are not tough enough to stick to their positions towards Al-Kazemi, but they want him to deal fairly and with the same ruler with everyone."

The Iraqi caretaker government, headed by Adel Abdul Mahdi, will enter its sixth month next Thursday, in conjunction with political differences facing the formation of Al-Kazemi, who is the third in charge of forming the government since Abdul-Mahdi’s resignation on November 29, 2019, after Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi, who failed to His government passed the parliament, and Adnan al-Zarfi, who withdrew due to the major political opposition to his mandate to form the government. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

Sometimes miracles come down to human choice.

God gave all humans free will. So, in order for a miracle of good behavior in Iraq leaders to happen, since they don't want that....for that to happen: God would have to take away the free will of the Iraqi leaders....and make them act good.  However: That would be interfering with free will human choice. The problem with that: God doesn't interfere with free will human choice. That's the point of free will...it's free. For God to interfere like that, God would have to violate one of God's own rules...free will. God won't do that, because that would be immoral.

The good people on this site like southbeach might pray that the leaders of Iraq would do that, to start to act better. Thats admirable. Southbeach has the faith that such a miracle will happen. I admire that faith. But for that miracle to take place, the leaders of Iraq would have to be part of that miracle. They would have to want to act in a way they haven't wanted to act, till now. 

That would truly be a miracle if that happened. :angel::praying:

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Rochester said:

Sometimes miracles come down to human choice.

God gave all humans free will. So, in order for a miracle of good behavior in Iraq leaders to happen, since they don't want that....for that to happen: God would have to take away the free will of the Iraqi leaders....and make them act good.  However: That would be interfering with free will human choice. The problem with that: God doesn't interfere with free will human choice. That's the point of free will...it's free. For God to interfere like that, God would have to violate one of God's own rules...free will. God won't do that, because that would be immoral.

The good people on this site like southbeach might pray that the leaders of Iraq would do that, to start to act better. Thats admirable. Southbeach has the faith that such a miracle will happen. I admire that faith. But for that miracle to take place, the leaders of Iraq would have to be part of that miracle. They would have to want to act in a way they haven't wanted to act, till now. 

That would truly be a miracle if that happened. :angel::praying:

The great thing about God giving us free will is that He wouldn't violate, however, He is still God and can arrange things, or put a person in a corner where they have to make a choice. Now they may not choose what God would choose for them, but they do have to make that choice. Like Moses told the Israelites, "You can choose life or death. And in case you don't know what to choose. Choose life" Then God put them in a position to make that choice and most of them chose death, and they wandered around the desert for 40 years til they were all dead, except the two that chose life with that generation, Joshua and Caleb.

So, we can pray for God to turn their hearts, because the Bible also says, "the heart of the King is in God's hand", and He can answer it by putting them into a situation where they have to make that choice. Perhaps, Covid is that situation, and perhaps the RV is that choice.

Miracles happen everyday, even in Iraq. 

:)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, KristiD said:

Am I the only one concerned about this?  I'm not so sure Salih is one of the good guys and now he looks like he'll be in full - and sole - control once he dissolves the House of Representatives.  I did a quick search and just this past January, he was praising Soleimani as a martyr and acknowldeged how much he'd helped Iraq.  That doesn't bode well for the man.  While I haven't made up my mind about him (maybe that was just a PR statement on Soleimani's death), I think it's always very dangerous to put one person in sole control.  Power really does tend to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.  I really hope this works out well for the Iraqi people, they so deserve a good break .  And at least I think it probably won't hurt the RV because I really believe Iraq has no other viable choice but to RV to get out of the tight bind it's in. 

A picture is worth a thousand words, and that picture of Salah and Maliki holding hands leaving a meeting was not reassuring, fickle pickle politics in Iraq as usual!!!

• Upvote 3