Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Watch ... The Story Of The Iraqi Currency In A Documentary !

DinarThug

8 hours ago, Rochester said:

The timing of the release of this documentary is not a coincidence. The release date is yesterday. Coincidence? Hardly. They are ready to return to their rightful place, onto the world stage of economics,

6 hours ago, olivesman said:

WOW! Talk about "EDUCATING THE MASSES"!!

And Now This Just In From - The Financial Advisor To The Prime Minister, Mohamed Saleh ! :o   

And Don’t Forget The All Important - ‘Dr Appearance’ Part ...

:D  :D  :D 

Cash Edition

Saturday 11 April 2020

Dr. Appearance of Mohamed Saleh

When the government or the public finances ultimately resort to the central bank as the currency issuing bank, in order to finance the budget deficit in the inflationary cash instrument, this comes mostly through the mechanism of the central bank’s acceptance of treasury transfers as a tool to finance internal public debt in exchange for the issued cash, and the case will continue if the matter begins. Until the foreign reserve of the central bank is worn out due to the increasing demand in the new dinar for the old dollar (i.e. accumulated foreign reserves), which at the same time represents a derivative demand for foreign goods, services and benefits, especially when the domestic productive energy functions are a situation Of Flexibility.

Then the country will enter into the swirls of inflationary expectations and the turbulence of the functions of demand itself and turn them into high levels due to a high commodity demand surplus in front of scarcity of supply or its failure to meet demand or total spending, especially when commodity stocks are depleted and its compensation is reduced by passing Time.

And this happens in the same way as what happened after 1990, even if it was partially caused by severe inflationary phenomena represented in the deterioration of the value of the currency to three decimal places and the low standard of living together.

Therefore, relying on the idea of issuing cash as an alternative financing method for real oil revenues to cover the government's financial deficit requires a serious decision taken by the Council of Ministers and Representatives and the conviction of the monetary authority, starting with the fact that it requires amending Article 26 of the Central Bank Law No. 56 of 2004 which explicitly provides for the prohibition of government lending, that What follows, as we mentioned, is a deterioration in the value of the currency, especially when over-funding government expenditures through this easy money method, whether in financing the revenue deficit or deficit Government expenditure.
link
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 5

6 hours ago, DinarThug said:

And Now This Just In From - The Financial Advisor To The Prime Minister, Mohamed Saleh ! :o   

And Don’t Forget The All Important - ‘Dr Appearance’ Part ...

Cash Edition

Saturday 11 April 2020

When the government or the public finances ultimately resort to the central bank as the currency issuing bank, in order to finance the budget deficit in the inflationary cash instrument, this comes mostly through the mechanism of the central bank’s acceptance of treasury transfers as a tool to finance internal public debt in exchange for the issued cash, and the case will continue if the matter begins. Until the foreign reserve of the central bank is worn out due to the increasing demand in the new dinar for the old dollar (i.e. accumulated foreign reserves), which at the same time represents a derivative demand for foreign goods, services and benefits, especially when the domestic productive energy functions are a situation Of Flexibility.

Then the country will enter into the swirls of inflationary expectations and the turbulence of the functions of demand itself and turn them into high levels due to a high commodity demand surplus in front of scarcity of supply or its failure to meet demand or total spending, especially when commodity stocks are depleted and its compensation is reduced by passing Time.

And this happens in the same way as what happened after 1990, even if it was partially caused by severe inflationary phenomena represented in the deterioration of the value of the currency to three decimal places and the low standard of living together.

Therefore, relying on the idea of issuing cash as an alternative financing method for real oil revenues to cover the government's financial deficit requires a serious decision taken by the Council of Ministers and Representatives and the conviction of the monetary authority, starting with the fact that it requires amending Article 26 of the Central Bank Law No. 56 of 2004 which explicitly provides for the prohibition of government lending, that What follows, as we mentioned, is a deterioration in the value of the currency, especially when over-funding government expenditures through this easy money method, whether in financing the revenue deficit or deficit Government expenditure.
link

2 hours ago, tigergorzow said:

DT.....Excellent News.....Keep it coming...😁😁👍👍🎆......GO RV & RI

This for sure sounds like it is going to POP. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

My Wild and Crazy 5:36 AM Speculation:

I remembered a few things this morning as I was waking up for a cup of cavfefe. :reading-newspaper:

I remember hearing a while back, that the Government of the United States had a lot of Iraqi Dinar, sitting in a vault somewhere, collecting dust. I guess they thought it would be worth something, some day. 

I remember watching an old Jay Leno interview of President Trump, long before he became President. They were talking about revenge and payback. Donald Trump said he believed in it.

I have had an interest in the Jewish community in the United States. They're great people. My sister married a guy with some Jewish roots. I think they have made incredible contributions to this country. They have a lot of talented people, especially in math and finance. Best in the world, really. Lots of Jewish guys on Wall Street. Lots.  New York City is one of the highest concentrations of Jewish people in the world, with some of the cleverest people on the planet. 

I thought about how China was opened up, under President Nixon. They had no technology of their own, they didn't invent any science, they were just clever people who mostly worked in rice paddies. The Chinese are a hard working people and have taken to capitalism like ducks to water. The investment has poured into China for decades, hundreds of billions of it, mostly coming from New York City and Wall Street. That money built up factories in China, built up China to become a rival for global power, with the United States. A lot of the American elite made a ton of money over there, in globalization, in free trade. Vast sums of money were made over there, by guys like Mitt Romney, who was once in the same overseas investment firm as his friend Benjamin Netanyahu, who is of course both Prime Minister of Israel as well as also a close personal friend of Donald Trump. They've been friends for decades. 

I thought about this Corona Virus, which originated in Chyna, from either a Chinese Wet Market, where they sell bats to eat....or from the nearby Wuhan bio-weapons lab.

I thought about how this virus got out into the world, how the Chinese government covered it up, how the Communist Chinese government knew how deadly it was, how they let their Chinese citizens, many of whom were infected, they let them travel around the world. 

I thought about how there is a lot of Chinese immigrants, really good and hard working immigrants to Italy, where they work in factories on Made in Italy products. They work in Northern Italy. The Chinese Communists elite hid the truth about the virus, from their fine citizens and these citizens traveled to Northern Italy. I thought about how they traveled from Wuhan Province, to Northern Italy, spreading the virus, which killed many fine people in Italy. :surgeon:

I thought about all the Italian Americans who live near New York City, how they traveled from Europe, not knowing they were carrying a deadly virus back to New York City, where it would kill many of their fellow American citizens. Many realize it and are horrified.

I just watch the world go buy. I don't know a lot about high finance. I know I have a crazy, paranoid streak in my, but as someone once said, "Even paranoid people have real enemies."

I thought about China's geo-strategic interests, how they want to take over the world, how they don't really have much of a Navy, compared to the United States, how China depends on the United States, to keep the oil flowing, because the Chinese have almost no oil and that lots of oil is required, for a modern country to operate. Without oil, modern life dies, almost instantly. 

I thought about the recent giant oil deal that Iraq made with China, where Iraq wants China to develop it's oil and build it's cities and it's infrastructure...an enormous and costly and complex deal worth many hundreds of billions of dollars. 

I thought about the very recent video that the Central Bank of Iraq put out, about the glorious history of the Iraqi currency, harking back to the days when it was worth two or three dollars American. 

I thought about the upcoming big conference that Mike Pompeo said was happening in June, where everything about Iraq would be on the table for discussion....the future of Iraq, the American military presence there.....everything. 

I thought about how President Trump wanted to "keep the oil" or get Iraq to somehow pay for the war.

I thought about all those clever people on Wall Street, clever money people, who just got a knife thrust in their backs, by Chyna...and they know it. How those poor rich guys on Wall Street, many of them must realize all this...and a great deal more. The clever people on Wall Street realize they made Chyna rich and made themselves richer in the process. That was a mixed blesssing. They sent investment money and factories to Chyna and then: they got paid back for their trouble, by a knife in the back, by Chyna.

Were China's actions deliberate? Or just an accident? Hard to tell, but does it make any difference at this point?

Those guys on Wall Street, they realize they are being lined up, once again. They funded the Chinese rise, the rise of Chinese power in the world. They sent the jobs to China, the Communists sent the virus back to Brooklyn and Queens and Long Island....without even a Thank You note, attached to it. Now, if China gets the global domination that it wants, they may end up as errand boys for the Chinese.

We are past the days of an actual war with China. But war is fought on many levels. I wonder how President Trump will get his revenge? 

Is there any way to get China to pay for the Iraq War? Is there any financial way to get revenge on China? Is there any way to structure the finances of Iraq, the sale of oil, to send China a big fat bill? I don't know but I think it might be something President Trump is thinking about...:bananacamel::peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 6

6 hours ago, Rochester said:

"I remember old Jay Leno. 

I have had an interest in the Jewish community in the United States. They're great people.

I thought China was just clever people who mostly worked in rice paddies. 

I thought about this Corona Virus.

I don't know a lot about high finance. 

I know I have a crazy, paranoid streak.

Were China's actions deliberate?"

Translated this, short version. Took the tinfoil hat out of it, as well as the dinar goggles, left the prejudice in. 

The Chinese people are smarter than us intelligence and emotionally. They're gifted math and science-wise, always have been. Deal with it.

The government is somewhat non-transparent, but so are all governments. 

No one knows anything.

Your welcome. 

Edited by justchecking123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, justchecking123 said:

"I remember old Jay Leno. 

I have had an interest in the Jewish community in the United States. They're great people.

I thought China was just clever people who mostly worked in rice paddies. 

I thought about this Corona Virus.

I don't know a lot about high finance. 

I know I have a crazy, paranoid streak.

Were China's actions deliberate?"

Translated this, short version. Took the tinfoil hat out of it, as well as the dinar goggles, left the prejudice in. 

The Chinese people are smarter than us intelligence and emotionally. They're gifted math and science-wise, always have been. Deal with it.

The government is somewhat non-transparent, but so are all governments. 

No one knows anything.

Your welcome. 

Thanks for your comment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, DinarThug said:

Cash Edition
Saturday 11 April 2020

link

More From The Former Deputy CBI Governor Saleh ...

LINK

A government consultant reveals the price of the proposed
barrel of oil in the 2020 budget

%D9%86%D9%81%D8%B7-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82.jpg

887.png

11th April, 2020

The Prime Minister’s Advisor for Economic Affairs revealed the appearance of Mohammed Saleh, on Saturday, of the trend to adopt a low price for a barrel of oil in the financial budget for the current year following the decline in prices due to the Corona crisis sweeping the world

Saleh said in a special statement to Shafaq News, "There is a proposal with the government to adopt a specific price for a barrel of oil in the public budget, and this came because of the instability of oil prices and the adoption of the budget oil imports

He added that "according to the proposal, the price of 30 dollars per barrel will be approved as a minimum in the general budget to manage emergency expenses such as salaries of employees, retirees, and others

Saleh pointed out that "other money from oil imports, that is, more than $ 30 per barrel, will be allocated to finance investment projects and bridge foreign loans and others

Oil prices recently collapsed to below $ 30 a barrel as a result of the Corona pandemic crisis sweeping the world, before rising slightly in the past few days

OPEC + and other producers outside OPEC are considering an unprecedented cut in production to restore stability to prices

Iraq is the second largest producer of crude in "OPEC" and produces up to 4.5 million barrels per day, and depends on revenue from the sale of crude to finance about 95 percent of the country's expenditures

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Wait For It ...  :o 

Dr.. Mazhar Muhammad Salih *: The Shanghai Cooperation Organization and the new international monetary system: a forward-looking vision

04/09/2020

Dr.-Mudher-new-image-2-1-e1561918112323.

The revitalization of the SCO agreement (originally signed on June 15 of 2001 between China, Russia and other Asian countries today, numbering eight countries), by activating the cooperation agreement in accordance with international economic developments and their developments after the Coronavirus 2020 epidemic that seeks birth A semi-closed trade and investment exchange system for a large economic zone that constitutes about 50% of the population of the earth, seeking to construct alternative payment systems to finance inter-trade and Eurasian investment opportunities. E Group (geo-economic and Eurasian wide). This will take time, as local currencies as an alternative to the role of leading international currencies and the existing component of the international monetary system to the current performance of its role in the financing of trade, investment and building systems and other independent payments.

Second, how much is the value of intra-trade and investment exchanges within this block and its percentage of the total value of global trade and investment, and according to the calculations of economic attraction between them, compared to the profit and loss opportunities in its international trade? The third is the extent to which this group or economic bloc needs a stable general equivalent of values in the future called in all cases numeraire and means choosing a commodity to equal the value of goods and services produced locally and exchanged between the countries of the Shanghai Group (i.e. the monetary value of the monetary value to assess and perform inter-trade and investment within the group countries themselves ).

In light of the foregoing, we see that this group may eventually resort to two neutral options that avoid inflation problems, high prices, and the difference in the comparative advantage in determining the value of goods and services produced in each country, as well as problems of dumping, commercial domination, capital movement flow, direct and indirect investment in the markets Finance within the group countries. As these options are based on two alternatives:

The first is represented by resorting at this early stage (in which local currencies will be adopted in settling inter-commercial exchanges and investment) to adopting a special system of settlements and exchanges between the countries of the same group and with mechanisms called: equivalent transaction. As the central bank predominantly in each country within the Shanghai Group itself to maintain a cash balance from the currencies of the other country equivalent to the intra-regional trade and expected annual investment towards the other country or other countries to conduct matching and settlement at the end of the fiscal year, until that the adoption of a general equivalent of the unified values and reach a stage Monetary union and the emergence of a new currency for the new (Eurasian) bloc.

This also comes to launch a signal of financial independence and the gradual move away from the current international monetary system or any existing international currency from the SDR basket currencies until the stability of the internal financial and monetary policies of the group countries and building homogeneous customs fences and according to stability criteria that may come close to criteria ( Maastricht) signed in 1992 when the European Union established and established the European monetary system (i.e. in terms of the ratio of public budget deficits and public debt to gross domestic product and the amount of the current account deficit in the balance of payments to the said output) Commitment standardized access Kmarkip systems to Alkmarki Union Alioroasewe Eurasian Custom Union as a necessity for the necessary condition market economic homogenized performance and adoption of the monetary union.

If the United States dollar today constitutes about 83% of the currency of the settlements in trade, payments and investment in the world, then this Eurasian system of interchange and another general equivalent of numeraire will be at the expense of changing the components of the existing global monetary reserve system and its role in settling trade and international payments Where the US dollar and the European currency / euro take the lead in this system. Intra-regional trade within this large economic group - numerically expanding and geographically expanding, which occupies more than a third of Eurasia and is economically strong - will constitute a new transformative outlook for trade, finance and international investment prospects and an important input into the low demand for currencies in international trade in proportion and in a manner that we might appreciate ( Reservation) by at least 8-10% ؜ at the time of its adoption. In addition, the substitution of the Afro-Asian currency will be accompanied by a significant degree in the exchange of components of the official foreign reserves of the countries of the world and in the interest of the new international currency, in addition to the rise in its role in the global credit activities in which the dollar occupies today more than 60% of the total bank credit in the world. In addition to the high dollarization of the main capital markets. It is important to note that the Eurasians token market, denominated in the new Eurasian currency, may emerge in a highly changing world.

In conclusion, the success of the Shanghai Cooperation Group with its monetary characteristics (outside the scope of the topic of security and international policy) will necessitate the establishment of payment systems in the aforementioned Eurasian currency, to be within the existing international currency basket, and counting it as an introduction to the bilateral polarity in the political economy of nations and a sensitive introduction to the division of economic globalization and its transformation towards the emergence of a vital field Another influential economist in a highly dualistic world.

(*) Researcher, economist, and financial advisor to the Iraqi government

Copyright reserved for the Iraqi Economist Network. Republishing is permitted provided the source is indicated. April 9, 2020

To download a PDF file, click on the links below

The appearance of Muhammad Salih - Shanghai Cooperation Organization - Editor

http://iraqieconomists.net/

link

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

Wait For It ...  :o 

Ok - Here’s One More ...

LINK

Kurdish MP for Parliamentary Finance: Al-Kazimi's relationship with the Kurds may lead to a final agreement with the region

image.jpeg.18e12cd51f81eb5c59f4af2f77690972.jpeg

Parliamentary Finance: Al-Kazimi

10th April, 2020

Deputy of the Parliamentary Finance Committee announced today, Friday, its optimism that Mustafa al-Kazimi was assigned to form the new federal government and the impact of that on addressing outstanding problems.

"Sahih Iraq has many economic, political and health problems at the present time, but it requires everyone to cooperate to overcome the current crises," Committee member Shirvan Mirza said in a press statement.

He added, "We are awaiting the work program of Al-Kazemi government to see what its vision is to overcome the outstanding problems with the Kurdistan region," noting that "Al-Kazemi has good relations with the Kurdish political leadership and these relations will have a major impact in addressing the outstanding problems."

He said, "I expect that there will be serious attempts by the new federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government to reach an agreement that will end all outstanding problems between the two sides."

###########

Parliamentary Finance: Al-Kazimi's relationship with the Kurds may lead to a final agreement with the region 

LINK

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Corona positives .. Is the world turning towards digital payments?

Corona positives .. Is the world turning towards digital payments?

April 11, 2020 4:30 PM

Direct - Ahmed Shawky :

While the Chinese authorities have disposed of banknotes that are potentially loaded with Corona virus, Western countries are still not only late in their response to the epidemic, but also in adopting digital payments

One of the positive aspects of the crisis in the spread of the Coruna virus is that this may soon change and Western countries depend on digital payments, according to an analysis of three economists at Harvard University and Deutsche Bank via Project Syndicate

Given that manual exchange of the physical currency can transmit the Corona virus, countries around the world are forced to reconsider the use of cash

Indeed, Covid 19 may turn into the catalyst that makes digital payment the trend, and it is not surprising that the digital payments industry is already focusing on the opportunities created by the crisis

For its part, the Chinese government has started to cleanse and even destroy banknotes to reduce the spread of the virus, at least in the short term

For example, the South Qianya Morning Post reported that a local branch of the People's Bank of China in Guangdong Province is disposing of funds that may have been traded through high-risk locations such as hospitals and food markets

Also, fearing importing currencies that might be loaded with the virus from Asia, the Federal Reserve began quarantining and clearing the dollar

These measures may be justified, keeping in mind that the currency in circulation can be vulnerable to disease transmission

Studies have found that the influenza virus, for example, can survive and contagious on banknotes for 17 days, so it would not be unreasonable to assume that the circulating currency played a role in the spread of corona as well

In any case, many countries will consider the option of purifying, isolating and reprinting the currency, and regardless of what they decide, one of the results seems already certain: the virus will accelerate the ongoing shift between the younger population towards digital payments, especially in Asia, specifically in China

This trend is really strong as, as of the end of 2018, around 73 percent of Internet users in China used online payment services, compared to 18 percent in 2008

Young people tend to be more open to adopting new technologies, and China and Southeast Asian countries have a much smaller population than Europe and the United States

Moreover, the Chinese government is actively promoting its online banking infrastructure, while western countries rarely use a top-down approach to governance, lagging behind Asian economies in adopting digital payments

There are internal and structural reasons for the slow rate of adoption by Western countries of digital payments. For example, there are no major technical or financial companies operating in this sector in Europe

As such, European consumers and companies must rely on the services provided by large American companies (Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Paypal) etc

But given fears about ceding vital sectors in the digital economy to US tech giants, the European Union has taken a slower and more cautious approach, favoring those less turbulent changes to European financial transactions infrastructure

Cultural customs have also slowed the pace of change in the West. Americans and Western European citizens in particular rely on cash much more than households in Asia

According to a recent Deutsche Bank survey, a third of respondents to advanced economies consider that cash is their preferred method of payment, and more than half believe that cash will always exist, so it may take some time for these culturally entrenched habits to change without risking negative reactions

However, the widespread spread of the Corona virus may push the world towards a turning point in how it handles payments

It is too early to predict changes that may occur, but they are likely to emerge as solutions to specific challenges in different national contexts, payment infrastructures, and demographic groups

Digital currency versions, such as the electronic krona that Sweden recently announced, are promising examples of what could be planned for the future

In addition to the influence of Covid19 and the increasing acceptance of non-cash payments in stores, there are other reasons why people want to switch to digital payments. A Deutsche Bank survey found that ease plays an important role in a person’s choice of digital transmission. Digital portfolios are free and readily available

The use of digital technology can also help track spending and manage budgets, and in terms of security, the transition without cash reduces the chances of being stolen physically

Certainly, the current crisis has not yet pushed many countries other than China to purify, isolate and reprint their currencies, but Corona could turn into a one-time-one pandemic that requires different solutions as well

So the current period is a clear opportunity to start accelerating the inevitable shift towards digital payments

link

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

If the United States dollar today constitutes about 83% of the currency of the settlements in trade, payments and investment in the world, then this Eurasian system of interchange and another general equivalent of numeraire will be at the expense of changing the components of the existing global monetary reserve system and its role in settling trade and international payments Where the US dollar and the European currency / euro take the lead in this system. 

@NEPatriotsFan1 look at this!   I think they're talking XRP!

This new Eurasian currency and another general equivalent of numeraire........  

nu·me·raire
/ˈnyo͞oməˌrer/

noun
ECONOMICS
  1. an item or commodity acting as a measure of value or as a standard for currency exchange.
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Floridian said:

@NEPatriotsFan1 look at this!   I think they're talking XRP!

This new Eurasian currency and another general equivalent of numeraire........  

nu·me·raire
/ˈnyo͞oməˌrer/

noun
ECONOMICS
  1. an item or commodity acting as a measure of value or as a standard for currency exchange.

Woah, this might be....

this came out on crypto twitter this week about RTP real time payments with Bank of America, JP Morgan and American Express all separately.... let me see if I can find some screen shots 

0CB7F6C3-7624-46DA-A4D2-6714EB42A490.jpeg

200D39C2-86BC-414E-BADB-97F181B9BAC4.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

Woah, this might be....

this came out on crypto twitter this week about RTP real time payments with Bank of America, JP Morgan and American Express all separately.... let me see if I can find some screen shots 

0CB7F6C3-7624-46DA-A4D2-6714EB42A490.jpeg

200D39C2-86BC-414E-BADB-97F181B9BAC4.jpeg

I was listening to Brad Kimes video yesterday.  He thinks RTP is not related to XRP.  He says RTGS (Real Time Gross Settlements) is what they do.    I was wishing that the BOA news was about XRP, but now not so sure.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Floridian said:

I was listening to Brad Kimes video yesterday.  He thinks RTP is not related to XRP.  He says RTGS (Real Time Gross Settlements) is what they do.    I was wishing that the BOA news was about XRP, but now not so sure.

That maybe true, but the fact that Ripple is in partnership, the fastest way to get money to settle is through xrp and xrp is the native asset on the xrp ledger.... transferring value from foreign currency, gold, commodities etc.... we are getting there. Just taking longer than we all want... 

I believe XRP will stand for exchange rate peg..... and everything will be somehow interacting with it in time. We’ll see

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

That maybe true, but the fact that Ripple is in partnership, the fastest way to get money to settle is through xrp and xrp is the native asset on the xrp ledger crypto wallet" rel="external nofollow">ledger.... transferring value from foreign currency, gold, commodities etc.... we are getting there. Just taking longer than we all want... 

I believe XRP will stand for exchange rate peg..... and everything will be somehow interacting with it in time. We’ll see

Good thinking!   Exchange Rate Peg - I never thought of that.

Very exciting!  Our time is coming.

Actually, articles coming out in Iraq about going digital, so I think our time is near.

Dare I even think that the Dinar comes in at the same time?    🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2