Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Jump to content

No CBI Daily Auction Today - Thursday - 4/09/2020


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

Liking seeing the good news Ron and thank you. Enjoy this special time of the year.

 

15 minutes ago, 64jaguar said:

Thanks Ron, always looking for clues to that elusive RV. Hope this Easter is special for you and yours!

Peace! 

 

10 minutes ago, tigergorzow said:

Ron Thanks,  DV,  Truly appreciate looking forward to the "Big Suddenly".   Enjoy the day my good friends.

GO RV & RI

 

Thanks guys ... appreciate your kind comments...RON :salute:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

First, it's not surprising that the ISX is closed because they sent out letters stating that they don't plan to reopen until April 12.  This is the 3rd postponement (first they planned ot open 3/24, then 3/29 and now 4/12) so I really don't expect to seem the ISX open at least until the 12th.

 

Second, can anyone explain how these currency auctions work?  I went to cbi.iq and looked at the most recent auctions (see list below  https://cbi.iq/currency_auction/all ). How does it work that the auction sales from March 19th were not executed until April 7th (the date of the most recent activity)?  We had all assumed the auctions stopped on March 17th, but now we're finding out that they did NOT stop after all.  They continued at least through March 19, the only thing that did stop was the date they executed those auction sales.  I can't figure what delaying the execution of the auction sales accomplishes.  But I think it's possible and maybe even likely, that the auctions have in fact been continuing since March, it's just that the CBI is not executing (finalizing?) them.  I'm still hoping this relates to the RV, and just as the ISX is closed, they're trying to delay finalizing the auction figures until after the rate change.  But the more I study the list of auctions, the less sense it makes.  There a quite a few typos in the dates, but you can figure out a couple of trends.  Back in January, they were executing the the auction sales pretty quickly (the following day or a few days later).  Then in February, they show they executed auction sales BEFORE they even happened.  How can that possibly, you can't "execute" anything that hasn't yet happend.  And in March, many of the earlier auction sales weren't executed until March 23.  And the auctions sales from the later half of march are now starting to be executed in April.  This makes me wonder if the CBI is just fudging the dates and minipulating data.   I guess it all could still be tied to an imminent RV (like I'm hoping the closed ISX is), but I'm not so sure anymore. 

 

Can anyone make sense of how these auctions work?    

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On Tonight’s Episode Of “Iraqi 24 Hours” Starring ‘Kifah’ Exchange Sutherland ...  :o 

 

:D  :D  :D 

 

 

 

LINK

Stability of the dollar exchange rate against the dinar


20016.jpg

 

9th April, 2020


The exchange rates of the dollar were stable on the Kifah Stock Exchange and local markets Thursday, (April 9, 2020).

The prices of the Kifah Stock Exchange - Baghdad recorded 124.700 dinars per 100 dollars.
 
Selling and buying prices in banking shops:
 
the selling price of the dollar = 126.000 dinars.
 
The purchase price of the dollar = 124,000 dinars.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

A Post From Iraqi Social Media Translated By Delta ...

 

 

No photo description available.


VERY INTERESTING IN SOCIAL MEDIA FROM ONE OF THE MONEY EXCHANGERSHOWING IQD BUY AND SELL FROM 1975........ THEY WANTS THEIR CURRENCY TO GO BACK LIKE THAT...
 

1 IQD=$3.37

 

DELTA

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DinarThug said:

A Post From Iraqi Social Media Translated By Delta ...

 

 

No photo description available.


VERY INTERESTING IN SOCIAL MEDIA FROM ONE OF THE MONEY EXCHANGERSHOWING IQD BUY AND SELL FROM 1975........ THEY WANTS THEIR CURRENCY TO GO BACK LIKE THAT...
 

1 IQD=$3.37

 

DELTA

We could only hope and pray

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Laid Back said:

The ISX first planned to open 3/24, then 3/29 and now 4/12

 

 

No CBI auctions on 

3/22 - 3/23 - 3/24 - 3/25 - 3/26 - 3/29 - 3/30 -3/31.

 

Make me believe we are close to see a change in the rate of the IQD
 

Let’s wait and see what happens on Sunday 4/12 ( Easter Sunday)

 

Go Easter Sunday 

Go RV


 

 

Go rv

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

Good Thursday Morning Dinar Vets :salute:  RON

 

 

Once Again, there was NO Daily Auction today, Thursday - 4/09/2020

The ISX has not reopened for business - no reported currency changes.

The last Auction was held yesterday, on Tuesday, 7 April 2020.

Prior to that the last auction was held on Sunday, 5 April, then March 16th.

 

So, our WAIT continues....:salute:

 

I hope each of you will have a blessed day :twothumbs: ...

It's Holy Thursday, and Passover started at sundown yesterday.

Most importantly, try to spend some of your day with GOD..! :praying:

Thanks Ron 

  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Laid Back said:

No CBI auctions on 

3/22 - 3/23 - 3/24 - 3/25 - 3/26 - 3/29 - 3/30 -3/31

 

But here's the thing, this past week they've executed (settled) auction sales from 3/18 and 3/19.  Since 3/17, we had assumed there had not been any auctions occurring.  But then we found out that there actually were, and that the CBI just executed them several weeks late.  So I think it's likely that even more auctions took place afte 3/12, maybe almost every day even and have been continuing into April.  Now that we know they're settling the auctions several weeks late, there really no way to know whether the auctions have stopped or not.  

 

This is why I'm asking if anyone undertands and can explain how these auctions work.  They don't make sense and I can't help but wonder if the CBI is deliberately posting inaccurate information.... perhaps a red herring???  

 

But like you, I was also looking hopefully to the 12th, because it is definitely unusual that the ISX would be closed this long.  However, now with new PM Al Kadhimi, who plans to take 2 weeks to form his cabinet, I figured that might trigger a 4th postponement to open the ISX.  I had just posted this reply and went to look at more news and found this.  They have already postponed the ISX opening until the 18th.  

 

 

 

It's just so hard to try and figure out Iraq!  But I still maintain that they are seriously under the gun to RV very soon to make up for the huge losses in oil revenue.  And the fact that the ISX has been closed for weeks, along with the crazy goings on with the currency auctions, tells me that chances have never been higher for the RV to happen in the coming days.  No guarantees, jmho

Edited by KristiD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, KristiD said:

 

It's just so hard to try and figure out Iraq!  But I still maintain that they are seriously under the gun to RV very soon to make up for the huge losses in oil revenue.  And the fact that the ISX has been closed for weeks, along with the crazy goings on with the currency auctions, tells me that chances have never been higher for the RV to happen in the coming days.  No guarantees, jmho

 

 

I totally agree with you, KristiD, but I'm thinking more like "Global Reset" in which Iraq is included.  

It looks to me, like Iraq is just waiting around for something to happen.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I listened to Mike Pompeo the other day. He said there will be a big conference on Iraq, in mid-June.

 

I think there is a lot more going on, than we know. Iraq comments start at four minutes, twenty five seconds:

 

 

  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Floridian said:

 

I totally agree with you, KristiD, but I'm thinking more like "Global Reset" in which Iraq is included.  

It looks to me, like Iraq is just waiting around for something to happen.

I totally agree here.  I’m buying more VND in anticipation too.  Faith acts.

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DinarThug said:

On Tonight’s Episode Of “Iraqi 24 Hours” Starring ‘Kifah’ Exchange Sutherland ...  :o 


Yo Snap - A New Episode ! :o 

 

 

Good Thing I Accidentally Hit The ‘Record Series’ Button ...

 

:D  :D  :D 

 

 

LINK

Foreign currency rates, gold and oil today


20056.jpg

 

10th April, 2020
 

Economy News" publishes the prices of foreign currencies, gold and oil globally today, Friday, according to the Iraqi Economic and Political Center today, Friday

Exchange offices prices in the local Iraqi markets

These prices are for individual transactions and are not official, as to why the Al-Kifah Stock Exchange was closed. The real price will be after the end of the curfew

The sale price of the dollar: 125,000

The purchase price of the dollar: 124,000

Foreign world currencies

EUR World price: 100 euros = 109,43 dollars

Sterling world price: 100 pounds = 124.75 dollars

Turkish Lira World price: $ 100 = 670,49 Turkish lira

The price of an ounce of gold globally = $ 1684.50

The price of oil in the global markets The price of a barrel of Brent crude oil = 31.95 dollars

The price of a barrel of US crude oil = 23.30 dollars

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KristiD said:

 

But here's the thing, this past week they've executed (settled) auction sales from 3/18 and 3/19.  Since 3/17, we had assumed there had not been any auctions occurring.  But then we found out that there actually were, and that the CBI just executed them several weeks late.  So I think it's likely that even more auctions took place afte 3/12, maybe almost every day even and have been continuing into April.  Now that we know they're settling the auctions several weeks late, there really no way to know whether the auctions have stopped or not.  

 

This is why I'm asking if anyone undertands and can explain how these auctions work.  They don't make sense and I can't help but wonder if the CBI is deliberately posting inaccurate information.... perhaps a red herring???  

 

But like you, I was also looking hopefully to the 12th, because it is definitely unusual that the ISX would be closed this long.  However, now with new PM Al Kadhimi, who plans to take 2 weeks to form his cabinet, I figured that might trigger a 4th postponement to open the ISX.  I had just posted this reply and went to look at more news and found this.  They have already postponed the ISX opening until the 18th.  

 

 

 

It's just so hard to try and figure out Iraq!  But I still maintain that they are seriously under the gun to RV very soon to make up for the huge losses in oil revenue.  And the fact that the ISX has been closed for weeks, along with the crazy goings on with the currency auctions, tells me that chances have never been higher for the RV to happen in the coming days.  No guarantees, jmho

KristiD, Thanks for your input and your well thought comments.

 

I totally agree with you👍🏼😊

 

- CBI haven’t had any auctions for the month of April. 
- All public employees has to be paid by the end of year 3/31

- The ISX schedule to get back to business on April 18

 

This is what a think 🤔 
 

I think they are moving to a new fiscal year starting April 01 all we are seeing is related with the year end financial accounting procedures.

 

Like you said:

“It's just so hard to try and figure out Iraq!  But I still maintain that they are seriously under the gun to RV very soon to make up for the huge losses in oil revenue.  And the fact that the ISX has been closed for weeks, along with the crazy goings on with the currency auctions, tells me that chances have never been higher for the RV to happen in the coming days.  No guarantees, jmho”

 

We wait and see.!

 

Go RV ASAP 

💰💵💰💵💰


 

 

 


 

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Catluver67 said:

Where did you see the 18th LB? I thought it was the 12th.


Thanks for all your great input!!

It’s been bumped to the 18th now. 👍🏻

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.