Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Let's Get REAL, People, On The COVID-19 "Pandemic" Hysteria

Misposted on the last one. Mods, please remove the previous unfinished post.

Let's start with some POSITIVE Recovery Stories.

But WAIT, let's FIRST lookie HERE at the CDC "statwistics".

Summary

What is already known about this topic?

Early data from China suggest that a majority of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) deaths have occurred among adults aged ≥60 years and among persons with serious underlying health conditions.

What is added by this report?

This first preliminary description of outcomes among patients with COVID-19 in the United States indicates that fatality was highest in persons aged ≥85, ranging from 10% to 27%, followed by 3% to 11% among persons aged 65–84 years, 1% to 3% among persons aged 55-64 years, <1% among persons aged 20–54 years, and no fatalities among persons aged ≤19 years.

What are the implications for public health practice?

COVID-19 can result in severe disease, including hospitalization, admission to an intensive care unit, and death, especially among older adults. Everyone can take actions, such as social distancing, to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and protect older adults from severe illness.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6912e2.htm

So, OK, the 85+ yr olds are MOST vulnerable AND those having PREEXISTING CONDITIONS.

Well, LOOKIE HERE. A 95 yr old WWII Vet WITH multiple preexisting conditions. Did HE, pray tell, "expire"???!!!

Obviously NOT!!!:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/95-year-old-wwii-veteran-survives-coronavirus

But WAIT, UNIMAGINABLY there is one BETTER YET!!!

A 104 yr old WWII Vet. Did HE, pray tell, "expire"???!!!

Obviously, NOT!!!:

https://fox8.com/news/coronavirus/104-year-old-wwii-veteran-recovers-from-covid-19-celebrates-birthday/

So, WHAT, pray tell, ABOUT THEE 2019-2020 "flu"???!!!

2019-2020 U.S. Flu Season: Preliminary Burden Estimates

Other Languages

CDC estimates* that, from October 1, 2019, through March 28, 2020, there have been:

39,000,000 – 55,000,000
flu illnesses

person coughing icon

18,000,000 – 26,000,000
flu medical visits

doctor patient icon

400,000 – 730,000
flu hospitalizations

hospital room icon

24,000 – 63,000
flu deaths

flu virus icon

*Because influenza surveillance does not capture all cases of flu that occur in the U.S., CDC provides these estimated ranges to better reflect the larger burden of influenza. These estimates are calculated based on CDC’s weekly influenza surveillance data and are preliminary.

**Influenza testing across the United States may be higher than normal at this time of year because of the COVID-19 pandemic. These estimates may partly reflect increases in testing in recent weeks and may be adjusted downward once the season is complete and final data for the 2019/20 season are available.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

WOWZERS!!!

WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE FROM THE FLU NOT COVID-19!!!

AND THEE COVID-19 Hysteria Continues.

:facepalm3:   :facepalm3:   :facepalm3:

:shakehead:     :shakehead:     :shakehead:

Of COURSE, A BIG Thank You to ALL the Libtards AND THEIR "weaponized" Snowflake And Buttercup Idiot Brigade Volunteer Forces!!!

Hey, Lookie HERE:

COVID-19 cases in the United States by date of illness onset, January 12, 2020, to April 2, 2020, at 4pm ET (n=63,995)*

image.png.0434fca535ce336562a93e0b85e6f720.png

* Does not include cases among persons repatriated to the United States from Wuhan, China and Japan, or U.S.-identified cases where the date of illness onset or specimen collection date has not yet been reported. Date is calculated as illness onset date if known. If not, an estimated illness onset date was calculated using specimen collection date.

Note: On March 24, CDC updated the data included in this figure to include estimated illness onset date.

Cases of COVID-19 Reported in the US, by Source of Exposure*†
Cases of COVID-19 Reported in the US, by Source of Exposure
Travel-related 1,388
Close contact 4,325
Under investigation 233,566
Total cases 239,279

* Data include both confirmed and presumptive positive cases of COVID-19 reported to CDC or tested at CDC since January 21, 2020, with the exception of testing results for persons repatriated to the United States from Wuhan, China and Japan. State and local public health departments are now testing and publicly reporting their cases. In the event of a discrepancy between CDC cases and cases reported by state and local public health officials, data reported by states should be considered the most up to date.

† CDC is no longer reporting the number of persons under investigation (PUIs) that have been tested, as well as PUIs that have tested negative. Now that states are testing and reporting their own results, CDC’s numbers are not representative of all testing being done nationwide. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

For 20Mar2020 - 23Mar2020, THE SOLID STATISTICS SHOW THE RATE OF CONTRACTION OF COVID-19 IS GOING DOWN, DOWN, DOWN!!!

Sure, 24Mar2020 until NOW has to be updated.

The trend, HOWEVER, favors a turn for the BETTER!!!

What an IDIOCY STORM SO LET"S LOCK EVERYBODY DOWN FOR VIRTUALLY NOTHING!!!

BUT, HEY, THE LIBTARDS WILL TELL YOU:

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE FROM COVID-19 SO DROP YER SHOTS 'CAUSE WE'RE GONNA PUT THE CURE, ER, VACCINATION, ER, PROBLEM SOLVER, ER, WHATEVER, RIGHT WHERE WE WANT TO AND YOU BETTER THANK US FOR IT!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

@Synopsis, so you don't think this coronavirus is a big deal?

I'm surprised.  I think it is a big deal. I think it's a bio-weapon released from Wuhan bio-lab in error OR, as I've read, it could be that someone working in the lab sold "test animals" into the wet market to make extra money.  Nobody really knows how it started, but it's really a curious thing that China's biggest bio-lab is located in Wuhan, and that's where the virus started.  I fully blame the Chinese for this world-wide pandemic.

Anyway, as far as statistics go, I have a cousin that has been insisting the flu is worse also.  But then, I read that even people who die of something else are listed as "flu-related" deaths.  In example, if you have a heart attack while having the flu, it's listed and counted as a "flu-related death".  That's why the flu numbers are so big.

Again, who knows?  All we can do is read and come to our own conclusions about things.

I'll say this - I really think our country had a very late response to this.  I know - everybody says China lied, they didn't give us the information soon enough.  They lie about the numbers, etc. etc.  I believe it's all true, however, they clamped down on it immediately in their own country.  From all the YouTube videos I've seen, everyone in China wears a mask.  They have almost 1 1/2 billion people in China, and their strict Communist Government handled the virus.

In the United States, President Trump, who up til now, I was crazy about - brags and brags about what a fabulous job he's doing.  I can hardly stand the bragging anymore.  Then he says wearing a mask  is voluntary, but I'm not wearing one.   All states not on lockdown.  Oh, I forgot, we're leaving that up to the Governors.  What the hell?

I just am having a very hard time with what's going on.  I have ALWAYS been a staunch Republican, but If this keeps up, my prediction is that the senile Joe Biden will be forced out of the race and the next President of the United States will be Governor Andrew Cuomo of New York.  

I knew nothing about Cuomo, since I've lived in Florida for more than 50 years, but seeing him talk on TV every day during this crises, shows me he knows how to lead.  He could be a real jerk, I don't know anything about what goes on in New York.  All I know is that he knows how to lead and a lot of Americans we see that.

So, everybody, please don't put me on your "sh!t list".  I'm only giving my opinion here.  If anyone can convince me that Trump is great leader, please do so, because I'm really disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Thank You for Your Great Comments, @Floridian!!!

Nope.

The CoronaVirus is NOT a big deal.

The big deal is the idiocracy that has raised the REAL threat of the CoronaVirus Hysteria Pandemic.

People die from the CoronaVirus.

People die from the flu.

People die from, well, a variety of DIFFERENT things.

Still, EVEN MORE PEOPLE DIE FROM THE FLU THAN THE ACTUAL CoronaVirus.

The recovery from the CoronaVirus is REAL. VERY Senior WWII Veterans have contracted CoronaVirus AND RECOVERED!!!

WHAT, pray tell, IS THE "moral" OF THEE "story"???!!!

keep calm and Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

I posted the meme with the "blue" "background" for SPECIFIC LIBTARD INSTRUCTIONS.

Well, OK, the "moral" OF THEE "story" is REALLY DO NOT GET ONE'S UNDER GARMENTS IN A BIND IF THEY CONTRACT THE CoronaVirus!!!

The "fear" OF "dying" CoronaVirus Hysteria Disease KILLS FAR MORE PEOPLE THAN THE CoronaVirus ITSELF!!!

i.e. IF one "thinks" THEY ARE GOING TO DIE ONCE HAVING CONTRACTED THE CoronaVirus, THEN THEY WILL!!!

100% Mortality Rate THERE!!!

In REALITY, I REALLY hope something else GOOD is going on while we are ALL "self" "quarantined".

The CoronaVirus Hysteria disease has raised PANDEMIC ECONOMIC DESTRUCTION AT THE WILLING HANDS OF THE AGREEABLE MASSES!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/5/2020 at 2:46 PM, Floridian said:

@Synopsis, I hope you're right, but I can't agree.  

:twothumbs: MOST Excellent, Floridian, AND ALL The Very Best!!! :tiphat:

Looking at the CDC data, the CoronaVirus Hysteria Pandemic has GREATLY overtaken and eclipsed the CoronaVirus impacts on human mortality rates.

We are NOW on the right side of the "bell" "curve" for the CoronaVirus.

HOWEVER, we are on THEE FAR LEFT SIDE FOR THEE CoronaVirus Hysteria Pandemic.

The CoronaVirus Hysteria Pandemic has a FAR GREATER "death" "toll" THAN THEE CoronaVirus itself WITHOUT A DOUBT.

The following article makes the TRUE AND ACCURATE STATEMENT:

The FEAR of the Coronavirus is deadlier than the virus itself.

[COVID-19] One Important Recommendation You May Not be Hearing

Especially if you don’t have it yet

Dr. Eugene K. Choi
Mar 18 · 8 min read

0*PkcsOiK_DC_Ohcvw?q=20
0*PkcsOiK_DC_Ohcvw
Photo by Ani Kolleshi on Unsplash

My daughter’s preschool is now closed until the end of the month.

My wife works as a nurse in a hospital that has one of the busiest emergency rooms in the country.

People camp out at stores hours before they open, then run the shelves empty by mid-day.

Everyday, we’re flooded with more information in our feeds about this pandemic.

And it’s all pretty scary the more you think about it.

I was contemplating if I should voice my perspective on this or not.

But it’s way too important not to.

Wherever you are in the world, you’re hearing about how Coronavirus (COVID-19) is rapidly spreading.

I mean countries have shut down over this.

First, let me say yes it’s important to take the necessary precautions. I’m not writing this to argue about that.

But what I do want to share something that’s been on my mind about what the biggest problem going on with all of this.

There’s something much worse that’s spreading a lot faster.

It’s FEAR.

And here’s the truth.

You see, when you are in fear, a reactive part of your brain called the amygdala takes control of your actions.

You enter into a fight-flight-freeze response.

(It’s what's causing people to buy way too much toilet paper.)

And when you are in this reactive state, your body starts producing a steroid called cortisol to help you handle the stress.

And guess what cortisol does to your immune system?

It WEAKENS it!

We have bacteria, viruses, fungus and a whole array of foreign particles we are exposed to every day, but it’s your immune system that prevents you from getting sick.

When we’re stuck in fight-flight because of worries or anxiety, our bodies are wasting a ton of energy because it actually thinks it might die at that current moment.

And all that energy that’s gone now makes our bodies weaker and more vulnerable.

Being afraid is literally making you even more susceptible to getting sick.

And guess what else happens when you stay in fight-flight-freeze mode?

You’re in a SELFISH, self-protective state.

You literally lose the capability of thinking or having empathy.

This is where the racism is coming from because people are so afraid and they’re only looking out for themselves.

It’s what prevents us from thinking clearly and end up making matters worse.

Such as the people who are in denial and go outdoors when unnecessary and put other people at risk.

Or those who take up physicians’ time saying they think they have the virus when their symptoms aren’t even related. This takes time away from serving people who are actually infected.

How to Powerfully Boost Your Immune System

So while taking proper precautions during these times, do the things that keep your immune system strong.

Taking the steps to help your brain feel safe puts your body out of fight-flight state and into a rest and digest state where your body is in recovery and ultimately maximizes your health.

So how can you do this?

Practice the act of shifting your focus to things you are grateful for.

Take some time to think about the things you have other’s don’t.

Or if that’s hard be grateful for try thinking about all the people in the front lines working their asses off to contain this pandemic.

Whatever it is you do, take notice of things until you actually feel grateful.

Doing this immediately gets you out of the fight-flight state.

And practice empathy.

Spend time connecting with your loved ones that you are home with.

Laugh with them. Tell them you appreciate them.

Spreading that joy to others boosts their immune systems as well.

Spend these next few weeks as if it will be a long while before you have this rare time to connect with your loved ones at home or just have your alone time to recharge.

And send your love to those who are getting ill because this is bigger than just ourselves.

Turn off The News And Turn on Your Personal Connections

The statistics you are seeing all over the media are not necessarily 100% accurate.

For example, the mortality rate will likely end up being lower as we continue gathering data especially because of all the unconfirmed cases that are out there.

And if you’re really curious about the data, search for science-based discussions from credible platforms other than the news. But limit that as well so you can take your mind off of this for a moment.

With that said, take the proper precautions.

Practice proper hand hygiene.

Avoid large gatherings.

And implement social distance.

But don’t do all this out of fear.

Do it as an act of service where you actually are preventing the potential deaths of more people.

And instead of the news, watch something entertaining that makes you laugh and smile.

Or perhaps break out that board game you used to love playing.

Or get some sun! Going for a walk outside and getting some vitamin D also boosts your immune system.

Or maybe pick up an old hobby you haven’t had the time to do until now.

Whatever it is, being less concerned and afraid is what will help you make the best decisions and make your immune system stronger.

Why Feeling Brave During Scary Times is Easier Than You Think

For those of you who read this and feel like it’s cliché advice because this is hard for you to implement:

I want to take a moment to provide some food for thought.

In 2009, Dr. Alvaro Pascual-Leone ran a study in which he had a group of people learn to play a simple melody on the piano.

Then he split them up into two groups.

One group practiced the melody on a keyboard for two hours a day over the next five days.

Then he had the other group sit in front of the keyboard for the same amount of time, but didn’t have them play. Instead, he had them imagine playing the melody on the keyboard.

0*QkqHh5azImoXFg0f?q=20
0*QkqHh5azImoXFg0f
Photo by Michal Czyz on Unsplash

During the whole study, Dr. Pascual-Leone was mapping the brain activity of all the participants before, during and after the experiment.

And the results were shocking.

He found the same exact brain changes happened in both groups.

This meant that the brains of the people who only imagined playing the piano changed in a way as if they were really playing it.

What does this mean?

Our brains do not know the difference between imagination and reality.

So how does this apply to you?

If you’ve been anxious, worried, or afraid with all the uncertainty that exists around us, it means you can choose to be courageous, bold and confident simply by imagining what that would feel like.

This means how you feel is YOUR choice.

You Have a Lot More Power Over Your Feelings Than You Think

0*poabvVeJ7GTBfgHm?q=20
0*poabvVeJ7GTBfgHm
Photo by Robina Weermeijer on Unsplash

I want you to sit with this truth for a second.

Your thoughts produce your feelings.

If I had a brain scan hooked up to you, I can see what it looks like when you have a thought about something.

You’d see a pulse of electrical activity occur at that moment.

And that electrical activity stimulates the release of chemicals called neuropeptides that will communicate with your body to produce a feeling.

So the thoughts you have determine how you feel.

So if you’ve ever thought about someone you loved and then you felt all bubbly inside, that’s what’s happening.

Or if you think about scary thoughts about all the bad things that can happen to you, then you feel your heart pounding along with the fear that comes with it.

And if it’s proven that we can make changes occur in our brain simply by imagining it, then it means we can get out of the self-protective fight-flight state by imagining things that make us feel good instead of afraid.

It’s your decision.

How to Activate Your Brain’s Superpowers And Body’s Immune System

There’s one part of your brain that has all of your amazing capabilities such as your decision making, critical thinking, and creative skills.

But here’s the problem.

Research shows the best part of our brain is turned off for about 70% of our adult lives

When we are in the selfish fight-flight state, we turn off this amazing part of our brain known as the prefrontal cortex.

And when your prefrontal cortex is off, you prevent your immune system from operating at it’s best.

It’s also what makes you feel stuck and unable to figure out the best solutions for yourself especially if you’ve been taking a hit financially.

And worst of all, you do not have the capability of having empathy.

So that means if you’re with your loved ones and you’re feeling afraid for them, you can try to justify it all you want, but the person you’re really focused on is yourself.

So while people are behaving like this is the apocalypse, spend the time to help comfort those around you who are genuinely afraid.

Meet them where they are at and acknowledge that yes this can be scary, but do what it takes to brighten them up.

Not only will you make them feel better, but you actually make their bodies stronger.

I promise you, it will go a long way.

More than ever, this is a time to stand together.

So let’s make empathy and connection even more contagious than fear.

4/1/20 UPDATE: It has come to my attention that this article is going viral.

Medical doctors and nurses are even sharing this.

As a result, I am most moved to read posts about how this has brought comfort to people and even moved them to make a conscious decision to step up and figure out ways to help out.

People have decided to work together online and make masks for law enforcement and health care workers.

It’s this exact decision to get out of fight-flight and into empathy that is helping people collectively make an impact.

It will save lives because you did so.

Yes, this virus is taking people's lives. Yes, people on the front lines like my wife are short on supplies and could use more support.

My heart breaks for the people we are losing to this virus.

And what will be even more heartbreaking is if we don’t all collectively do whatever we can to help slow the spread.

And the truth is this:

When we stay stuck in fear, we are not capable of fully contributing to the current needs that exist.

So to all who read this and are moved to continue spreading that support to those around you, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

You truly are changing the world.

Want to Learn How to Turn On Your Superpowers at Will?

Now is a time more than ever where your skills, talents and potential are desperately needed.

If you’ve been becoming more aware that you’ve been in the disempowering fight-flight state, then you might be wondering how you can begin to tap into the part of yourself that’s extraordinary.

The part of you that you know deep down can make a great impact on the world.

Learn how neuroscience can significantly improve your decision making, critical thinking, and creative skills in my free in-depth training, How to Activate Your Brain’s Superpowers: A science-backed approach to discover your passions, find your purpose and transform your life

https://medium.com/the-mission/why-coronavirus-should-be-the-least-of-your-worries-d6ed6abe75bc

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Karsten said:

4pMpKK.jpg

Karsten

:twothumbs: YES, OF COURSE AND Thank You, Karsten, AND ALL The Very Best!!! :tiphat:

THEE CoronaVirus HAS A 99.267% SURVIVAL Probability!!!

THEE CoronaVirus Hysteria Pandemic Disease HAS A !00% MORTALITY RATE!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Looking at the CDC data, the CoronaVirus Hysteria Pandemic has GREATLY overtaken and eclipsed the CoronaVirus impacts on human mortality rates.

The CoronaVirus Hysteria Pandemic has a FAR GREATER "death" "toll" THAN THEE CoronaVirus itself WITHOUT A DOUBT.

Dr. Eugene K. Choi
Mar 18 · 8 min read

0*PkcsOiK_DC_Ohcvw?q=20
0*PkcsOiK_DC_Ohcvw

My wife works as a nurse in a hospital that has one of the busiest emergency rooms in the country.

People camp out at stores hours before they open, then run the shelves empty by mid-day.

Wherever you are in the world, you’re hearing about how Coronavirus (COVID-19) is rapidly spreading.

First, let me say yes it’s important to take the necessary precautions. I’m not writing this to argue about that.

But what I do want to share something that’s been on my mind about what the biggest problem going on with all of this.

It’s FEAR.

And here’s the truth.

You see, when you are in fear, a reactive part of your brain called the amygdala takes control of your actions.

And when you are in this reactive state, your body starts producing a steroid called cortisol to help you handle the stress.

It WEAKENS it!

We have bacteria, viruses, fungus and a whole array of foreign particles we are exposed to every day, but it’s your immune system that prevents you from getting sick.

When we’re stuck in fight-flight because of worries or anxiety, our bodies are wasting a ton of energy because it actually thinks it might die at that current moment.

And all that energy that’s gone now makes our bodies weaker and more vulnerable.

This is where the racism is coming from because people are so afraid and they’re only looking out for themselves.

Such as the people who are in denial and go outdoors when unnecessary and put other people at risk.

Or those who take up physicians’ time saying they think they have the virus when their symptoms aren’t even related. This takes time away from serving people who are actually infected.

So while taking proper precautions during these times, do the things that keep your immune system strong.

Taking the steps to help your brain feel safe puts your body out of fight-flight state and into a rest and digest state where your body is in recovery and ultimately maximizes your health.

So how can you do this?

Or if that’s hard be grateful for try thinking about all the people in the front lines working their asses off to contain this pandemic.

And practice empathy.

Spend these next few weeks as if it will be a long while before you have this rare time to connect with your loved ones at home or just have your alone time to recharge.

And send your love to those who are getting ill because this is bigger than just ourselves.

The statistics you are seeing all over the media are not necessarily 100% accurate.

For example, the mortality rate will likely end up being lower as we continue gathering data especially because of all the unconfirmed cases that are out there.

And if you’re really curious about the data, search for science-based discussions from credible platforms other than the news. But limit that as well so you can take your mind off of this for a moment.

Avoid large gatherings.

Do it as an act of service where you actually are preventing the potential deaths of more people.

And instead of the news, watch something entertaining that makes you laugh and smile.

Or get some sun! Going for a walk outside and getting some vitamin D also boosts your immune system.

Whatever it is, being less concerned and afraid is what will help you make the best decisions and make your immune system stronger.

For those of you who read this and feel like it’s cliché advice because this is hard for you to implement:

In 2009, Dr. Alvaro Pascual-Leone ran a study in which he had a group of people learn to play a simple melody on the piano.

One group practiced the melody on a keyboard for two hours a day over the next five days.

Then he had the other group sit in front of the keyboard for the same amount of time, but didn’t have them play. Instead, he had them imagine playing the melody on the keyboard.

0*QkqHh5azImoXFg0f?q=20
0*QkqHh5azImoXFg0f

During the whole study, Dr. Pascual-Leone was mapping the brain activity of all the participants before, during and after the experiment.

This meant that the brains of the people who only imagined playing the piano changed in a way as if they were really playing it.

What does this mean?

If you’ve been anxious, worried, or afraid with all the uncertainty that exists around us, it means you can choose to be courageous, bold and confident simply by imagining what that would feel like.

0*poabvVeJ7GTBfgHm?q=20
0*poabvVeJ7GTBfgHm

If I had a brain scan hooked up to you, I can see what it looks like when you have a thought about something.

And that electrical activity stimulates the release of chemicals called neuropeptides that will communicate with your body to produce a feeling.

So if you’ve ever thought about someone you loved and then you felt all bubbly inside, that’s what’s happening.

Or if you think about scary thoughts about all the bad things that can happen to you, then you feel your heart pounding along with the fear that comes with it.

And if it’s proven that we can make changes occur in our brain simply by imagining it, then it means we can get out of the self-protective fight-flight state by imagining things that make us feel good instead of afraid.

It’s your decision.

There’s one part of your brain that has all of your amazing capabilities such as your decision making, critical thinking, and creative skills.

But here’s the problem.

Research shows the best part of our brain is turned off for about 70% of our adult lives

When we are in the selfish fight-flight state, we turn off this amazing part of our brain known as the prefrontal cortex.

And when your prefrontal cortex is off, you prevent your immune system from operating at it’s best.

It’s also what makes you feel stuck and unable to figure out the best solutions for yourself especially if you’ve been taking a hit financially.

So that means if you’re with your loved ones and you’re feeling afraid for them, you can try to justify it all you want, but the person you’re really focused on is yourself.

So while people are behaving like this is the apocalypse, spend the time to help comfort those around you who are genuinely afraid.

Meet them where they are at and acknowledge that yes this can be scary, but do what it takes to brighten them up.

Not only will you make them feel better, but you actually make their bodies stronger.

As a result, I am most moved to read posts about how this has brought comfort to people and even moved them to make a conscious decision to step up and figure out ways to help out.

People have decided to work together online and make masks for law enforcement and health care workers.

It’s this exact decision to get out of fight-flight and into empathy that is helping people collectively make an impact.

Yes, this virus is taking people's lives. Yes, people on the front lines like my wife are short on supplies and could use more support system" rel="">support.

And what will be even more heartbreaking is if we don’t all collectively do whatever we can to help slow the spread.

And the truth is this:

When we stay stuck in fear, we are not capable of fully contributing to the current needs that exist.

So to all who read this and are moved to continue spreading that support system" rel="">support to those around you, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Now is a time more than ever where your skills, talents and potential are desperately needed.

If you’ve been becoming more aware that you’ve been in the disempowering fight-flight state, then you might be wondering how you can begin to tap into the part of yourself that’s extraordinary.

Learn how neuroscience can significantly improve your decision making, critical thinking, and creative skills in my free in-depth training, How to Activate Your Brain’s Superpowers: A science-backed approach to discover your passions, find your purpose and transform your life

https://medium.com/the-mission/why-coronavirus-should-be-the-least-of-your-worries-d6ed6abe75bc

So if all this virus business is a big fat nothing,  why is nobody working? Why don’t they shut down all the businesses in flu season too?  Everybody get up early tomorrow and go to work, you lazy so and so’s!  ( that was sarcasm in case some people don’t recognize it.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Karsten said:

That’s the same thing they do with the flu  statistics. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Floridian said:

why is nobody working? Why don’t they shut down all the businesses in flu season too?

THAT, My Good Friend, is DIRECTLY due to the CoronaVirus Hysteria Pandemic Disease NOT the CoronaVirus!!!

Here is some GOOD News!!!

WILL NOT "help" THEE CoronaVirus Hysteria Pandemic Disease victims AT ALL, though, since THEE CoronaVirus Hysteria Pandemic Disease is AN INCURABLE MENTAL DISORDER!!!

https://beholdisrael.org/middle-east-update-33/

Edited by Synopsis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Floridian said:

I'm surprised.  I think it is a big deal. I think it's a bio-weapon released from Wuhan bio-lab in error OR, as I've read, it could be that someone working in the lab sold "test animals" into the wet market to make extra money.  Nobody really knows how it started, but it's really a curious thing that China's biggest bio-lab is located in Wuhan, and that's where the virus started.  I fully blame the Chinese for this world-wide pandemic.

Anyway, as far as statistics go, I have a cousin that has been insisting the flu is worse also.  But then, I read that even people who die of something else are listed as "flu-related" deaths.  In example, if you have a heart attack while having the flu, it's listed and counted as a "flu-related death".  That's why the flu numbers are so big.

Again, who knows?  All we can do is read and come to our own conclusions about things.

I'll say this - I really think our country had a very late response to this.  I know - everybody says China lied, they didn't give us the information soon enough.  They lie about the numbers, etc. etc.  I believe it's all true, however, they clamped down on it immediately in their own country.  From all the YouTube videos I've seen, everyone in China wears a mask.  They have almost 1 1/2 billion people in China, and their strict Communist Government handled the virus.

In the United States, President Trump, who up til now, I was crazy about - brags and brags about what a fabulous job he's doing.  I can hardly stand the bragging anymore.  Then he says wearing a mask  is voluntary, but I'm not wearing one.   All states not on lockdown.  Oh, I forgot, we're leaving that up to the Governors.  What the hell?

I just am having a very hard time with what's going on.  I have ALWAYS been a staunch Republican, but If this keeps up, my prediction is that the senile Joe Biden will be forced out of the race and the next President of the United States will be Governor Andrew Cuomo of New York.  

I knew nothing about Cuomo, since I've lived in Florida for more than 50 years, but seeing him talk on TV every day during this crises, shows me he knows how to lead.  He could be a real jerk, I don't know anything about what goes on in New York.  All I know is that he knows how to lead and a lot of Americans we see that.

So, everybody, please don't put me on your "sh!t list".  I'm only giving my opinion here.  If anyone can convince me that Trump is great leader, please do so, because I'm really disappointed.

Floridian....It's a huge deal...Unfortunately...Great post...It is appreciated

Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

THAT, My Good Friend, is DIRECTLY due to the CoronaVirus Hysteria Pandemic Disease NOT the CoronaVirus!!!

WILL NOT "help" THEE CoronaVirus Hysteria Pandemic Disease victims AT ALL, though, since THEE CoronaVirus Hysteria Pandemic Disease is AN INCURABLE MENTAL DISORDER!!!

Incurable mental disorder?  Uh Oh, I’m in trouble.  😁

The president is about to speak, and brag about what a good job he’s doing. After I listen to him, I will listen to Amir’s video.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Dr. Eugene K. Choi
Mar 18 · 8 min read

0*PkcsOiK_DC_Ohcvw?q=20
0*PkcsOiK_DC_Ohcvw

It’s FEAR.

And here’s the truth.

It WEAKENS it!

So how can you do this?

And practice empathy.

Avoid large gatherings.

0*QkqHh5azImoXFg0f?q=20
0*QkqHh5azImoXFg0f

What does this mean?

0*poabvVeJ7GTBfgHm?q=20
0*poabvVeJ7GTBfgHm

It’s your decision.

But here’s the problem.

Yes, this virus is taking people's lives. Yes, people on the front lines like my wife are short on supplies and could use more support system" rel="">support.

And the truth is this:

So to all who read this and are moved to continue spreading that support system" rel="">support to those around you, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

This post of yours is really over the top.....are you telling me here if I don't fear covid 19 I won't get it?.....does that work with the flu?......heart attack....stroke?

I can just will these all away?

Activate my brains superpowers??.??....Really?

Are you delusional?.......or just stupid?

Try this reality....a niece of mine works at Beaumont Hospital in the Detroit area....they currently have 840+ covid patients......these nurses and Dr.'s are making life and death decisions every day....hundreds are dying .....

So here's a challenge for you tough guy.....jump in your car.....drive to Beaumont....volunteer!....better yet......no big deal....right?....decline all PPE.....hey....this is all a farce?.....right?

I promise I'll send flowers......

Just the facts!

CL

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Synopsis said:

I listened to the President and I didn't hear any bragging (unless I missed it).  Maybe someone told him to stop.  Good update.

Listening to Amir's video now.  I see the good coming out of all this trouble, but Geez, so many deaths.  I'm glad they found the antibodies for the virus.

I hear him saying the left is losing the battle by attacking Trump through all this, because he's doing the right thing.  Okay.

Iran is a mess, yes.  Russian economy can't last with low oil prices.  Okay.  Maybe this was all a plan to bring America down?  Horrible thought!

Amir thinks the Rapture is near.  I think we need to pray that everyone gets saved, whether he's right about the timing of the Rapture or not.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

This post of yours is really over the top.....are you telling me here if I don't fear covid 19 I won't get it?.....does that work with the flu?......heart attack....stroke?

Try this reality....a niece of mine works at Beaumont Hospital in the Detroit area....they currently have 840+ covid patients......these nurses and Dr.'s are making life and death decisions every day....hundreds are dying .....

So here's a challenge for you tough guy.....jump in your car.....drive to Beaumont....volunteer!....better yet......no big deal....right?....decline all PPE.....hey....this is all a farce?.....right?

Just the facts!

CL

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Just the facts!

CL

CL, I would agree with you on 99% of your posts yet this one seems way over the top 840+ Covid Patients........Where is the proof, the pictures, the video without Proof you have here say from the Lame Stream Media....If they have Video it have been proven that many of these Actors don't work at such and such place, Died years ago at such and such place........

You are feeding into the Mass Media Panic they want you to.....Very few people are dying from this and no one it getting eaten by Zombies.

This is more like some some paired Orson Wells War of the World with Soylent Green and Escape from Never Never Land into real life Media footage........As for your Decline all PPE....Have you been to CERT Training....I have and if you haven't you should take the time to do so. 

Karsten

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Karsten said:

CL, I would agree with you on 99% of your posts yet this one seems way over the top 840+ Covid Patients........Where is the proof, the pictures, the video without Proof you have here say from the Lame Stream Media....If they have Video it have been proven that many of these Actors don't work at such and such place, Died years ago at such and such place........

You are feeding into the Mass Media Panic they want you to.....Very few people are dying from this and no one it getting eaten by Zombies.

This is more like some some paired Orson Wells War of the World with Soylent Green and Escape from Never Never Land into real life Media footage........As for your Decline all PPE....Have you been to CERT Training....I have and if you haven't you should take the time to do so. 

Karsten

I face time with my niece daily.....she is not a liar.....and has more courage than you or I......

Same challenge goes to you....if you are so sure of yourself.....jump in your car.....drive to Beaumont.....volenteer.............decline the PPE.....

I'll send flowers......

Unbelievable how delusional so many can be....

CL

https://www.beaumont.org/health-wellness/press-releases/beaumont-caring-for-more-than-1070-confirmed-covid-19-inpatients-ceo-john-fox-calls-for-more-accurate-transparent-daily-covid-19-statewide-hospital-census

You couldn't accept the truth if I sent you videos of those dying, gasping for a last breath....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My brother and sister in law tested positive for the virus early last week (the test results took over a week to get back). I am happy to report they are now over it as of 3  days ago.  They were ordered to stay at home unless the symptoms got worse, then go to the ER. Their symptoms were fever, extreme tired and sleeping ( my brother would sleep 12 hours get up and go to the couch and then wake up 2 hours later wondering what happened). They did not develop lung issues (thank God). He said it was bad, but the worst thing for them was the chills from the fever and being tired all the time. Their 4 kids were unaffected and show no symptoms (all are under 13).. my brother is 45 and his wife 43. Currently they have to stay at home for one more week to make sure the fever does not return then they are officially over it. I have not seen him or her face to face since Super Bowl Sunday so I am fine. Just wanted everyone to know that the symptoms and issues can be different for everybody. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Floridian said:

I just heard this on a video - Riverside County, California - Things have changed overnight.  

It's now the law that you must wear something over your mouth, when you go outside.  If you don't, it's $1,000 fine.

WOW!  $1,000 fine!  That's a shocker!

Since today this is mandatory over here if you are to enter any commercial facility, be it a pharmacy, bread shop or supermarket ( the only places currently open as everything is closed....)....

And if you're caught walking, biking and riding in your car with no valid motivation...You get fined big time....We are all forced to stay home ( except workers but many are doing it from home)...It's been that way since the 8 or 10 March.....It's not easy as the weather is getting nice and climate is warming up...But it's likely the only way we have in order to curb this bastard.....

Hopefully we'll get out of it reasonably soon......

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, GregHi said:

My brother and sister in law tested positive for the virus early last week (the test results took over a week to get back). I am happy to report they are now over it as of 3  days ago.  They were ordered to stay at home unless the symptoms got worse, then go to the ER. Their symptoms were fever, extreme tired and sleeping ( my brother would sleep 12 hours get up and go to the couch and then wake up 2 hours later wondering what happened). They did not develop lung issues (thank God). He said it was bad, but the worst thing for them was the chills from the fever and being tired all the time. Their 4 kids were unaffected and show no symptoms (all are under 13).. my brother is 45 and his wife 43. Currently they have to stay at home for one more week to make sure the fever does not return then they are officially over it. I have not seen him or her face to face since Super Bowl Sunday so I am fine. Just wanted everyone to know that the symptoms and issues can be different for everybody. 

I'm happy for your brother and sister in law....Thanks for your testimonial, GregHi

Best

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 3