Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Global Warming Alert

bigwave

Weatherwatch: Tokyo experiences rare late-March snowfall

A woman walking in heavy snow in Tokyo, Japan.

Tokyo experienced a rare late-March snowfall last Sunday as a deepening area of low pressure off the coast brought snow to the centre of the Japanese capital. The official observation of 1cm marked the first time in 32 years that central Tokyo witnessed such a snow accumulation. The snowfall was a significant contrast to the newly-blossoming cherry trees, with the cherry blossom season officially starting in Tokyo on the 14 March, the earliest on record.

Also (for Umbertino):

Cold easterly winds blew across the Italian peninsula last week, bringing spring snowfall to many eastern areas of Italy – the first of the “winter” season. Between 20-40cm fell over the Apennines. Snowfalls were reported even at sea level along the Adriatic coast, with heavy snow showers as far south as Bari, in Puglia, the south-easternmost region of Italy.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/01/weatherwatch-tokyo-experiences-rare-late-march-snowfall

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also (for Umbertino):

Cold easterly winds blew across the Italian peninsula last week, bringing spring snowfall to many eastern areas of Italy – the first of the “winter” season. Between 20-40cm fell over the Apennines. Snowfalls were reported even at sea level along the Adriatic coast, with heavy snow showers as far south as Bari, in Puglia, the south-easternmost region of Italy

End Quote

Thanks ...A plus from me..

Here in my portion of the North-East they are foreseeing 10 days of high pressure (weather-wise) and temperatures increasing......Which will make it even more difficult to say indoors....Home arrest

Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, umbertino said:

More patience needed........I got a good training with RV

I just saw this one:

Temperature in Antarctica was a balmy 54 degrees Fahrenheit when dinosaurs roamed the Earth 90 million years ago, traces of ancient rainforest found near the South Pole reveal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

On 4/2/2020 at 5:33 PM, nstoolman1 said:

Not who, what.  Dinosaurs 

Say the word dino with a long I and you will see. Dino was a nick name for Dean Martin. In Dino the I sounds like an E

Also Dino with the i sounding like an e was Fred Flinstones pet. 

• Upvote 1