Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

SUGAR AND CORONAVIRUS

You always bring the most interesting posts KristiD.  Diabetics are on the high risk list.  Sugar is the enemy.  I got that message about 3 years ago. It’s hard to totally eliminate it because so much of our food has some sugar in it.  Like milk, couldn’t believe that one.  Mediterranean or Keto diets have shown to help with a better immune system. Thank you for your informative posts, keep em up.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

6 hours ago, KristiD said:

YIKES!!!  1 level teaspoon of sugar is 4 grams, and only consuming only 5 grams lowers your immunity 50% for the next 5 hours.  No wonder everyone is so sick.  This is important information to keep in mind - for the rest of our lives!!

According to a 1973 study done by Loma Linda University, when you eat 100 grams of sugar, about as much sugar as you find in a 1 liter bottle of soda, your white blood cells are 40 percent less effective at killing germs. You can cripple your immune system for up to 5 hours after eating sugar! Glucose, fructose and sucrose all significantly decreased the activity of neutrophils to engulf bacteria! (Neutrophils are the "first responders" of white blood cells when there are invading microbes.) 1

1. Sanchez, A., et al. Role of Sugars in Human Neutrophilic Phagocytosis. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Nov 1973;261:1180_1184

• Thanks 5

14 hours ago, bigwave said:

According to a 1973 study done by Loma Linda University, when you eat 100 grams of sugar, about as much sugar as you find in a 1 liter bottle of soda, your white blood cells are 40 percent less effective at killing germs. You can cripple your immune system for up to 5 hours after eating sugar! Glucose, fructose and sucrose all significantly decreased the activity of neutrophils to engulf bacteria! (Neutrophils are the "first responders" of white blood cells when there are invading microbes.

Bigwave, do you know if eating natural sugars, like maple syrup (or sugar), honey, agave, amd stevia do the same thing in the body?  And what about fruits?  thanks

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KristiD said:

Bigwave, do you know if eating natural sugars, like maple syrup (or sugar), honey, agave, amd stevia do the same thing in the body?  And what about fruits?  thanks

I like sugar (carbohydrates) like anybody else, however I try to minimize it.

Sugars / carbohydrates destroy the glycocalyx within capillaries.  The glycocalyx as a protective covering within capillaries.  The glycocalyx keeps red blood cells in the center of the capillaries as well as keeping mold, yeast, fungus, virus's, bacteria and heavy metals from entering your body.

This protective covering is destroyed with sugar (carbohydrates) and large meals.  It takes 6-8 hours for the glycocalyx to be restored.  Most people eat every 6-8 hours and big meals thus they are continuously destroying the glycocalyx, thus continually polluting themselves.

Cancers live on one physiology - sugar.

When eating fruits, for example I will eat 3 or 4 grapes (which I do not do very often) vs having a whole bowl of them.

There is a maple syrup / baking soda recipe that reportedly helps kill cancer cells.  (http://www.maplemood.com/a-mixture-of-maple-syrup-and-baking-soda-kills-cancer-cells/) BTW there are many other articles that describe this procedure.

This recipe when used, should be taken while in a fasting state. 

Stevia is a carbohydrate however does not act like sugar and is sweeter, (but does not taste as good as cane sugar). 

https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/other/stevia.html)

Personally, I run on low.  I try not to have any big meals.  I like a modified Adkins diet / ketogenic diet.

My diet is rich in oils and fats, nuts and a variety of proteins.  I stay away from peanuts since they are legumes, and because they grow in the soil they are full of mold.  Apparently the mold is also in commercial peanut butter. Definitely not good.

Fat / oil goes right to the liver and is converted to ketone bodies, which is your brain's favorite fuel.

We have to remember there is twice as many calories in fats / oil vs protein and carbohydrates. So if counting calories one should take that into consideration.

For example there is approximately 380 cal per ounce of cod liver oil.  I take it daily.

The bottom line for me is: Fill with fat, prioritize protein and control carbohydrates.  Small meals spaced out, with plenty of water. 

For those of us with any belly fat, we cannot be hungry for food, we are hungry for water.

Wow, that was kind of long winded, and I hope it helps.

BW

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, KristiD said:

And I almost forgot - I am a big mineral guy too.

We are hydroelectric plants: We get our Hydro from our water and we get our electrolytes from our mineral salts.

I use Himalayan salt.  

But we cannot have salt without water and we cannot have water without salt. They are Siamese twins and cannot be separated.....

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bigwave said:

I like sugar (carbohydrates) like anybody else, however I try to minimize it.

Sugars / carbohydrates destroy the glycocalyx within capillaries.  The glycocalyx as a protective covering within capillaries.  The glycocalyx keeps red blood cells in the center of the capillaries as well as keeping mold, yeast, fungus, virus's, bacteria and heavy metals from entering your body.

This protective covering is destroyed with sugar (carbohydrates) and large meals.  It takes 6-8 hours for the glycocalyx to be restored.  

The bottom line for me is: Fill with fat, prioritize protein and control carbohydrates.  Small meals spaced out, with plenty of water. 

For those of us with any belly fat, we cannot be hungry for food, we are hungry for water.

Great response to Kristi BW.

I agree, reduce sugars to the minimum even the natural ones (although honey maybe slightly better than most). Your point about what sugars do to the glycocalyx is key and little known by the general population.

Your summary of your eating style is epic and to be admired!

• Thanks 1

Thank you bigwave!!  Great info, appreciate you sharing your knowledge. I will share a story about my mother.

My mother was a dietitian for a major hospital in Houston back in the 60’s to mid 80’s.  As kids my sister and I were not allowed to drink soda, eat chips, ice cream, candy, fast food, and all the other great stuff most kids of that era ate.  She always fed us a great balanced meal.  When I graduated from high school I weighed 150 and I am 6’2””.   After one year of college I had gained 25 lbs mostly from drinking but also from eating a lot of junk food.  At the time I didn’t realize alcohol was going to be my big downfall.  All I can say is substance abuse is terrible and I was lucky my mother got me back on the right track after years of not listening to her.  

She is now 94 years young and in great health.  She has no heart issues, or other major health issues.  She still travels and she works out daily by swimming 30-40 minutes.  She always practiced what she preached, small meals no sugars, lots of veggies, no snacking and nothing to eat after 6pm.  We used to tease her and call her a bird eater back in the 60’s.  When she came to visit us this last Christmas she said, “ I see you have finally figured out how to eat properly Polly”.  I laughed and said “touché, I am now a bird eater and I don’t even want a cracker”.

Since I went semi vegan (no sugar,  I do eat cold water caught fresh fish a few times a week) I have lost 37 lbs and all my numbers are perfect.  I have more energy and I haven’t had any illnesses in years.  ( knock on wood).  The best part is after about 3 weeks I had zero cravings for sweets, breads, pasta, etc.  It is a little more work planning meals and making sure to add variety but for me it was a venture that probably has saved my life.   

• Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1