Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Miriam Makeba (RIP) - Pata Pata

umbertino

Was lucky enough to see her in concert twice here in Italy....And then she also died in my Country unfortunately right after holding a concert  against racism ( 6 / 7 African people living & working  in the area had gotten killed by Camorra, the local mafia)  in the South  near Naples...

She used to be an active anti-apartheid advocate  in the years apartheid was institutionalized (sigh...) in S.Africa

Always involved politically against apartheid and other forms of injustice ...She even talked in front of the UN Assembly....At one point she got married with Stokely Carmichael (Black Panther Party)

She had lived in exile for many years before returning to South Africa after Nelson Mandela release from jail in 1990

Thanks for your talent and strength, Mama  Africa...You won't be forgotten....RIP

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miriam_Makeba

So beautiful imo.....

The second time I saw her here in my hometown, I was with my GF ( then wife....Rebecca-RIP) from Zimbabwe ( fmr. Rhodesia, bordering with S.Africa) which had shared for many years the same terrible situation of institutionalized apartheid for people of color  just like South Africa or even worse ( my  at the time GF /wife's dad was a guerrilla then to join the new Zimbabwe army after the Revolution victory in 1979 headed by Mugabe)....So when we saw  Miriam  here in Trento, my GF broke into tears...A lot of tears ....Understandably so......