Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

69 Camaro RS 396 475 Horsepower. 5 Speed

RUM

I had a yellow Camaro SS 396, 4 on the floor, looked like a bumblebee going down the road. Wide Perrili tires on it, was queen of the streets, ah good times, good times. And I loved street racing it. Was the envy of a lot of boys - boy magnet. Ah good times, good times. 

Edited by Sage449
Spelling
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Sage449 said:

I had a yellow Camaro SS 396, 4 on the floor, looked like a bumblebee going down the road. Wide Perrili tires on it, was queen of the streets, ah good times, good times. And I loved street racing it. Was the envy of a lot of boys - boy magnet. Ah good times, good times. 

Sounds like you and I were soul mates - mine was a white 1965 Malibu SS 396, 4 on the floor and cheater slicks on the back end. Smoked many a young man at the stop lights in Arlington. TX. Was my favorite car of all time. Loved street racing - certainly wasn't just for the "boys". :rocking-chair:

:cowboy2:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

My father had a volkswagen he turned into a race car.  We'd spend Sunday's going to the dragstrip at the river in Temple, Tx.  It was a fast car, made many of those big stock cars redlight because he was halfway down the track before they got out of the lights.

cdKMGThdrqnZ5O8gPj9kfwBU5nJHqWZxVZGMwMQH

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This Bugatti Hyper Truck Is the Escape From Reality We Need

Kelly Lin

5 days ago
Slide 4 of 16: Bugatti

Take a break from the news for a minute and feast your eyes on these wild, amazing, and frankly pretty awesome renderings of a fantasy Bugatti truck created by Prathyush Devadas, a senior interior designer at Chinese automaker Dongfeng. He incorporated some key Bugatti design elements into the rig, which could be a cargo hauler or tanker of some sort, and we're going to go ahead and assume it can handle an equally exotic-looking trailer, because of course it can.

The C-shaped stylistic elements from the Chiron have been applied to the forward area of the Bugatti Hyper Truck, and a circular glass pod that holds the driver riffs on the Chiron's—and Bugatti's—iconic horseshoe grille. The truck adopts the long, low-slung look and strong character lines you'd expect from a Bugatti. There's no talk of a potential powertrain, but if this truck isn't electric, we'd like to see how to might perform with the Chiron's quad-turbo, W-16 engine installed—it makes 1,479 horsepower and 1,180 lb-ft of torque in the supercar. Or even better, let's toss in the THOR 24 semi truck's 3,972-hp setup!

Although we'd love to see a Bugatti truck on the streets next to a Tesla Semi, the chances of that happening are so unlikely as to be impossible. For now, Bugatti is focused on expanding its lineup (very modestly, of course) with the new Pur Sport, a $3.5 million coupe that boasts performance upgrades over the standard Chiron. Bugatti recently finished building half of the 500 Chirons in the model's planned production run, and we await news of its possible SUV model.

Take a closer look at the Bugatti Hyper Truck in the additional photos at the top of the page, which are courtesy of the artist.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/this-bugatti-hyper-truck-is-the-escape-from-reality-we-need/ar-BB11k6YB?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout#image=BB11k2iK|4

Slide 1 of 16: Bugatti-Hyper-Truck-by-Prathyush-Devadas-2.jpg

Slide 2 of 16: Bugatti-Hyper-Truck-by-Prathyush-Devadas-3.jpg

Slide 3 of 16: Bugatti-Hyper-Truck-by-Prathyush-Devadas-4.jpg

Slide 4 of 16: Bugatti-Hyper-Truck-by-Prathyush-Devadas-5.jpg

Slide 5 of 16: Bugatti-Hyper-Truck-by-Prathyush-Devadas-6.jpg

Slide 6 of 16: Bugatti-Hyper-Truck-by-Prathyush-Devadas-7.jpg

Slide 7 of 16: Bugatti-Hyper-Truck-by-Prathyush-Devadas-8.jpg

Slide 8 of 16: Bugatti-Hyper-Truck-by-Prathyush-Devadas-9.jpg

Slide 9 of 16: Bugatti-Hyper-Truck-by-Prathyush-Devadas-10.jpg

Slide 10 of 16: Bugatti-Hyper-Truck-by-Prathyush-Devadas-11.jpg

Slide 11 of 16: Bugatti-Hyper-Truck-by-Prathyush-Devadas-12.jpg

Slide 12 of 16: Bugatti-Hyper-Truck-by-Prathyush-Devadas-13.jpg

Slide 13 of 16: Bugatti-Hyper-Truck-by-Prathyush-Devadas-14.jpg

Slide 14 of 16: Bugatti-Hyper-Truck-by-Prathyush-Devadas-15.jpg

Slide 15 of 16: Bugatti-Hyper-Truck-by-Prathyush-Devadas-16.jpg

Slide 16 of 16: Bugatti-Hyper-Truck-by-Prathyush-Devadas-17.jpg

a red car parked on the side of a road: Bugatti Hyper Truck by Prathyush Devadas 1

• Thanks 1

The 3,974-HP, 24-Cylinder THOR Semi Just Sold for $13.2 Million (Yes, You Read That Right)

The heavily customized big rig also has 12 superchargers.

029 Thor Twin Engine Peterbiltimage.jpeg.a1c3629d899910f386739f1c72ae9594.jpeg
Rory JurneckaWriter Nov 27, 2019
In an effort to promote tourism in Saudi Arabia, the capital city of Riyadh is holding a new, 66-day-long program dubbed Riyadh Season. Riyadh Season consists of many cultural events, one of which is a major celebration of the automobile called the Riyadh Car Show. As part of the show, U.S.-based Worldwide Auctioneers, a collector-car auction house that also hosts sales in Monterey, California, and Scottsdale, Arizona, held its inaugural auction in Riyadh. The highlight of the sale was clearly this heavily customized Peterbilt big rig, which sold for an eye-watering $13.2 million. The lowlight? Worldwide sold only three percent of its 120-car inventory, which is just four vehicles if you don't want to do the math.

1984 peterbuilt custom big rig thor front1984 peterbuilt custom big rig thor front
SEE ALL 36 PHOTOS

The high-selling truck, a 1984 Peterbilt 359 Ultra Custom TT Crew Cab called THOR 24, hammered sold at $12 million, which was boosted to its $13.2 million final price once the auction house's 10 percent buyer's premium was added. The auction catalog boasts many superlatives for the truck, calling it "the world's greatest custom heavy truck," and "the most powerful big rig ever built." Those may well be true, with builder Mike Harrah instilling the truck with not one, but two 14.0-liter V-12 Detroit Diesel engines for a claimed total of 3,974 horsepower. The truck also features a customized independent suspension, a manual gearbox, and power disc brakes. The stretched Peterbilt chassis measures a whopping 44 feet long and weighs 32,000 pounds, but Worldwide claims a top speed of 130 mph when the nitrous boost system is activated. In addition to the engine's 12 superchargers, there are also four 12-foot drag parachutes to help slow down THOR after Vmax runs.

The catalog cites Harrah's terrific attention to detail—which you can read about more in-depth here—including the chrome plating and bare aluminum applied everywhere on THOR's underside. Other bits of flash include an oversized 1933 Ford-style grille, a chrome roof-mounted spoiler, a sunroof, spiked lugnuts, and plenty of air horns. The back of the truck includes a mural of its namesake Norse god, Thor. Inside, passengers are treated to a 1,500-watt audio system, seven video screens, a polished aluminum dashboard, and lots of LED lighting.

1984 peterbuilt custom big rig thor engine details1984 peterbuilt custom big rig thor engine details
SEE ALL 36 PHOTOS

Unfortunately, despite the massive truck's equally massive sales result, there wasn't much action elsewhere in the sale. Two Ferraris found new homes: a 2014 F12 Berlinetta brought $247,500 and a 1985 Testarossa with unfortunate aftermarket wheels did very well at $159,500. (We have pictures of these in the gallery, but we know you're here for THOR, so there are plenty of shots of the rig.) The fourth car to sell was a "2030 CFG" electric car, claimed to have been owned by the ex-crown prince of Saudi Arabia. No pictures or details on this vehicle were offered in the catalog, although the car fetched a large $850,000.

The rest of the vehicles in the sale ran the gamut from resto-modded American classics to late-model supercars and vintage European sports cars, and although some bids seemed to be high enough to do the trick, everything else went unsold. In fact, several vehicles were withdrawn from the sale entirely by their consignors, perhaps sensing that no meaningful bids would be forthcoming. In a video recap, Worldwide principal John Kruse said, "We set two world records, one for the highest-priced custom vehicle ever sold, but unfortunately the other one is probably for the lowest [sell-through] percentage at an auction sale ever to happen. [We're] blazing some new inroads here; Saudis are not necessarily ready to buy cars at auction."

• Thanks 2

On 3/20/2020 at 8:42 PM, Synopsis said:

Does THIS Baby get 5th gear scratch???!!!

Well, OK, I STILL like THIS one!!!

That takes some big ole oranges to drive that! That particular style of tractor is real easy to roll . I was glad the guy had roll cage! Plus he was smart enough to drive it, on very level ground! I liked to turn my tractor 🚜 over on me yesterday! I was moving those big 1850 lbs square bales! Got it to high and boy was that a big ole pucker factor! Luckily I got it down before I got past the point of no return! 🤠 JMHO 

54 minutes ago, Artitech said:

That takes some big ole oranges to drive that! That particular style of tractor is real easy to roll . I was glad the guy had roll cage! Plus he was smart enough to drive it, on very level ground! I liked to turn my tractor 🚜 over on me yesterday! I was moving those big 1850 lbs square bales! Got it to high and boy was that a big ole pucker factor! Luckily I got it down before I got past the point of no return! 🤠 JMHO 

:twothumbs: Glad You Managed THAT, Artitech, AND ALL The Very Best!!! :tiphat:

The tractor video reminds me of some one who has WAY, WAY TOO MUCH time AND resources on THEIR hands and even drags the wife into HIS "adventures" (with the video camera - poor, poor wife!!!)!!!

Maybe the wife knows the guy is a shyster and is filming the whole deal for insurance purposes???!!!

:o   :o   :o

Looked pretty "experienced" in "handling" THEE "race" "machine". I wonder if THAT was model one (1) serial number one (1) for THAT "guy" OR "previous" "models" were "scrapped" due to "inexperienced" "handling" AND "inferior" "modifications"???!!!

:o   :o   :o

Yeah, 1,850 lb may be a "nominal" weight. Moisture content likely plays a critical role in "actual" weight of the "payload".

As with everything, a preponderance of caution and alertness is critical. Farming and ranching can be the most rewarding life there is although has seen and unseen dangers.

Glad to hear You were successful in avoiding an unfortunate outcome, Artitech!!!

:twothumbs:   :twothumbs:   :twothumbs: