Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

48 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

" YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH "

All this does is show how stupid, yes I said STUPID, Paul Joseph Watson is. Who every he is. Masks aren’t warn to protect yourself. They are. To protect your fellow man. Your neighborhood, other people’s families. Not about the government controlling people. Just stupid as hell!

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, caddieman said:

All this does is show how stupid, yes I said STUPID, Paul Joseph Watson is. Who every he is. Masks aren’t warn to protect yourself. They are. To protect your fellow man. Your neighborhood, other people’s families. Not about the government controlling people. Just stupid as hell!

I think you just defined the expression, 

"Stupid is as Stupid does" :lmao:

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

WHO DO YOU BELIEVE???

1. Dr. Fauci has been a government employee for 50 years, hasn't seen a patient in decades, has no training beyond medical school in the 60s, hasn't personally conducted any research in over 20 years. Authorized the expenditure of 7.6 million dollars in the last few years to study how Coronaviruses can mutate to affect humans. This money was used by the lab in Wuhan. Epidemiologists consider this type of research to be unethical and immoral especially because it can be used to develop biological weapons.

2. The director of WHO is from Nigeria and isn't a medical doctor. He was appointed by China who provides the majority of the funding for the Nigerian government.

3. Mainstream media is controlled by SIX families. All of whom are left leaning and have a significant financial interest in big pharmaceutical companies.

4. Big Pharmaceutical companies who make millions from new drugs and vaccines.

5. Politicians who receive huge campaign donations from big pharmaceutical companies and/or mainstream media companies.

6. Non-government paid epidemiologists, infectious disease experts, biostatisticians, and doctors on the frontline who are saying the opposite of what the establishment and media are telling us.

Karsten
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Masks are like vaccinations. If every one else is wearing one, why do I need to? I take all the precautions I need to avoid the regular Flu. I also drink tonic water to prevent restless leg syndrome, tons of Vitamin C and keep my immune system up by doing yard work and hobbies outside. 

If you live in a highly populated area and want to feel comfortable go ahead and wear it.

I live in a state that has not had a major outbreak. Unless a whole lot of infected people are going to rush into Idaho, I am not going to wear a mask, except where required to enter, Costco. 

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

IMG_20200506_093913.jpg

Reuters

MON MAY 4, 2020 / 12:48 PM EDT

Tanzania suspends laboratory head after president questions coronavirus tests

•  
  •  
  •  

(Reuters) - Tanzania has suspended the head of its national health laboratory in charge of testing for the coronavirus and ordered an investigation, a day after President John Magufuli questioned the tests' accuracy.

Magufuli said on Sunday the imported test kits were faulty as they had returned positive results on a goat and a pawpaw -- among several non-human samples submitted for testing, with technicians left deliberately unaware of their origins.

He did not say where the kits had been imported from or why the authorities had been suspicious of the results.

Catherine Sungura, acting head of communications at the ministry of health, said in a statement on Monday the director of the laboratory and its quality assurance manager had been immediately suspended "to pave way for the investigation".

Sungura said a 10-person committee had been formed to investigate the laboratory's operations, including its process of collecting and testing samples.

On Sunday, Magufuli also fired the head of the government Medical Stores Department, which is in charge of distributing medical supplies and equipment to government hospitals, but gave no reason.

As of Monday, Tanzania had recorded 480 cases of COVID-19 and 18 deaths, according to a Reuters tally based on government and World Health Organization data.

Unlike most other African countries, Tanzania sometimes goes for days without offering updates, with the last bulletin on cases on Wednesday.

COVID-19 infections and fatalities reported across Africa have been relatively low compared with the United States, parts of Asia and Europe. But Africa also has extremely low levels of testing, with rates of only around 500 per million people.

ADVERTISEMENT

In neighbouring Kenya, a senate body sought an explanation from the Health Ministry over the circumstances leading to the demotion of the head of the rapid response and team director in charge of the centre for virus research at the state-run Kenya Medical Research Institute.

"In relation to the above, the committee observes that the timing of the dismissal is wrong as it is likely to have a significant impact on the morale and motivation of the various staff that were working under him," the Senate Ad Hoc Committee on the COVID-19 situation in Kenya said in a report on April 28

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton Calls For ‘Immediate Release’ Of Jailed Dallas Salon Owner Shelley Luther

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/05/06/texas-attorney-general-ken-paxton-immediate-release-jailed-dallas-salon-owner-shelley-luther/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

May 6, 2020 at 1:30 pm

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has called for the “immediate release” of a Dallas salon owner who was arrested and sent to jail for opening her business in defiance of Gov. Greg Abbott’s stay-at-home orders.

Shelley Luther, owner of Salon A La Mode, was sentenced to seven days in jail Tuesday after Dallas judge Eric Moye said she violated those orders as the coronavirus pandemic continues.

Paxton said he believes the judge is abusing his authority and that her arrest seems like a “political stunt.” In a full statement, Paxton said:

“I find it outrageous and out of touch that during this national pandemic, a judge, in a county that actually released hardened criminals for fear of contracting COVID-19, would jail a mother for operating her hair salon in an attempt to put food on her family’s table,” said Attorney General Paxton. “The trial judge did not need to lock up Shelley Luther. His order is a shameful abuse of judicial discretion, which seems like another political stunt in Dallas. He should release Ms. Luther immediately.”

The attorney general sent a letter to Moye, saying her sentencing was “significantly overbroad.” He mentioned that Abbott’s new executive order will allow her to operate business starting on Friday.

The new order that Abbott announced earlier this week allows for more businesses like salons and barber shops to reopen their doors on Friday, May 8. This comes a week after nonessential businesses like retail stores and restaurants were allowed to reopen in Texas at a 25% capacity.

Paxton said jailing Luther for seven days, which overlaps with her being able to operate her business, is “unjustifiable.”

Paxton also said Dallas County has been reducing its jail population due to concerns of COVID-19 and that releasing one more person shouldn’t be an issue.

“A community that released all those people, some of whom committed serious crimes, can certainly stand to release one more—a mother whose only crime was operating a small business in an effort to feed her children,” Paxton said in his letter.

Abbott soon released a statement, saying he agrees with Paxton in asking for her release.

“I join the Attorney General in disagreeing with the excessive action by the Dallas Judge, putting Shelley Luther in jail for seven days. As I have made clear through prior pronouncements, jailing Texans for non-compliance with executive orders should always be the last available option. Compliance with executive orders during this pandemic is important to ensure public safety; however, surely there are less restrictive means to achieving that goal than jailing a Texas mother.”

Luther received a cease-and-desist letter last week from Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins to close her salon, but she publicly ripped it up. She had reopened her salon on April 24.

The salon owner has garnered crowds of residents who supported her decision to reopen her business even if it was in defiance of statewide orders.

Luther and her salon were also fined $500 for each day it was open, which was seven in total as of Tuesday. Moye said her salon would continue to be fined every day it was open until the new order would allow it to reopen on Friday.

Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson, the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office and Jenkins have not yet commented on the situation.

During her appearance in court Tuesday, Moye and Luther made statements to one another.

“If you would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge that your own actions were selfish, putting your own interest ahead of those in the community in which you live,” Moye said, offering her a chance to avoid jail time. He said he would consider only giving her a fine, if she apologized, acknowledged she was wrong, and agreed to keep her business closed until Friday, when the governor has announced all salons may open.

“I have much respect for this court and laws. I have never been in this position before and it’s not someplace that I want to be,” Luther responded. “But I have to disagree with you sir, when you say that I’m selfish because feeding my kids — is not selfish. I have hair stylists that are going hungry because they’d rather feed their kids. So sir, if you think the law is more important than kids getting fed, then please go ahead with you decision but I am not going to shut the salon.”

Luther’s attorney, Warren Norred, said they would appeal the judge’s decision.

A soliciting-of-any-kind-is-not-allowed page that was set up for Luther has, so far, raised just over $280,000. The goal was originally $250,000 but it has since increased to $500,000.

• Thanks 1