Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

On 4/8/2020 at 11:05 PM, markb57 said:

I'm thinking this virus has been around us for many months. Y'all remember last September-December, when all these kids and young adults were getting these pneumonia like lung ailments and they blamed it on vaping? Have you heard any more outcry lately about vaping? No, those people probably had covid.

You could be right markb57, my wife, Granddaughter and I had the worst flu/cold like something back between T'giving and Xmas and could not shake it. Never had anything this bad in 70 years, but finally recovered after about 3 weeks. Did we have the 19? Don't know but would like to get tested to find out. Maybe one day soon we will.

• Thanks 1

I'm thinking this virus has been around us for many months. Y'all remember last September-December, when all these kids and young adults were getting these pneumonia like lung ailments and they blamed it on vaping? Have you heard any more outcry lately about vaping? No, those people probably had covid.

You could be right markb57, my wife, Granddaughter and I had the worst flu/cold like something back between T'giving and Xmas and could not shake it. Never had anything this bad in 70 years, but finally recovered after about 3 weeks. Did we have the 19? Don't know but would like to get tested to find out. Maybe one day soon we will.

• Thanks 1

• Thanks 1

Here is the long version explaining what POTUS Trump Is About to do LGD

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

After 2.5 years of delays, Trump threatens to adjourn Congress to finally get hundreds of his nominees approved. He said the lack of approved permanent appointees has made it "very hard" to govern, especially during the pandemic.
President Trump has threatened to shut down both chambers of Congress to allow him to fill vacancies in his administration without Senate approval.
The Wednesday coronavirus briefing lasted an hour and the best part was when he blasted Senate Democrats for blocking his nominees for as much as 2.5 years.
He said they need to "fulfill their duty and vote on my nominees" or formally adjourn so he can make recess appointments.
Trump cited a never-exercised power the Constitution grants the president to adjourn Congress if leaders of the House and Senate can’t agree on whether to adjourn.
The Senate often recesses but stays open in a “pro forma” session, which thwarts Trump’s ability to make recess appointments that bypass the regular confirmation process.
“The current practice of leaving town while conducting phony pro forma sessions is a dereliction of duty the American people cannot afford during this crisis. It is a scam, and everybody knows it,” Trump said.
The major problem is that is nearly impossible to get the 60 votes needed to formally adjourn.
“Congress is being warned right now. If they don’t approve it, then we’re going to go this route and we’ll probably be challenged in court and we’ll see who wins,” President Trump said when asked if there’s a timeline on his threat.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) said he discussed the problem with the President today and is in full support of his desire to make recess appointments.
When the Senate is in recess, the president can automatically appoint some federal officials who would otherwise require Senate confirmation. Trump has had a record number of "acting" officials in his administration, including in positions like Director of National Intelligence and Secretary of Homeland Security.
He said a top official in the Agriculture Department has been waiting for 2.5 years, and the Chairman of the Broadcasting Board of Governors has been on hold for 2 years.
Trump said the result of not having an approved appointee is shown in the government-run media agency Voice of America.
He criticized them for for its "disgusting" coverage, and said "If you look at what they're doing and what they're saying about our country — it's a disgrace the people that are running that. We have somebody that's really good, really talented, and loves our country."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Karsten
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Karsten said:

Here is the long version explaining what POTUS Trump Is About to do LGD

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

After 2.5 years of delays, Trump threatens to adjourn Congress to finally get hundreds of his nominees approved. He said the lack of approved permanent appointees has made it "very hard" to govern, especially during the pandemic.
President Trump has threatened to shut down both chambers of Congress to allow him to fill vacancies in his administration without Senate approval.
The Wednesday coronavirus briefing lasted an hour and the best part was when he blasted Senate Democrats for blocking his nominees for as much as 2.5 years.
He said they need to "fulfill their duty and vote on my nominees" or formally adjourn so he can make recess appointments.
Trump cited a never-exercised power the Constitution grants the president to adjourn Congress if leaders of the House and Senate can’t agree on whether to adjourn.
The Senate often recesses but stays open in a “pro forma” session, which thwarts Trump’s ability to make recess appointments that bypass the regular confirmation process.
“The current practice of leaving town while conducting phony pro forma sessions is a dereliction of duty the American people cannot afford during this crisis. It is a scam, and everybody knows it,” Trump said.
The major problem is that is nearly impossible to get the 60 votes needed to formally adjourn.
“Congress is being warned right now. If they don’t approve it, then we’re going to go this route and we’ll probably be challenged in court and we’ll see who wins,” President Trump said when asked if there’s a timeline on his threat.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) said he discussed the problem with the President today and is in full support system" rel="">support of his desire to make recess appointments.
When the Senate is in recess, the president can automatically appoint some federal officials who would otherwise require Senate confirmation. Trump has had a record number of "acting" officials in his administration, including in positions like Director of National Intelligence and Secretary of Homeland Security.
He said a top official in the Agriculture Department has been waiting for 2.5 years, and the Chairman of the Broadcasting Board of Governors has been on hold for 2 years.
Trump said the result of not having an approved appointee is shown in the government-run media agency Voice of America.
He criticized them for for its "disgusting" coverage, and said "If you look at what they're doing and what they're saying about our country — it's a disgrace the people that are running that. We have somebody that's really good, really talented, and loves our country."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Karsten

Judge Merrick Garland comes to mind.  Karma, I suppose.  King Trump will simply have to find another issue to attempt to usurp OUR constitution on.  As always, just my opinion and that of multiple constitutional scholars (far too many to name).  ;)

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3