Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

News

Devin Nunes Blames ‘Media Freaks’ for Distorting His Call for People to Go Out to Restaurants and Pubs

a76e9ca0-ba9f-11e7-afbd-e700b0f36d78_daily_beast.png
Justin Baragona
The Daily BeastMarch 16, 2020
Fox News
Fox News

The day after he became the focus of sharp criticism for urging Fox News viewers to go out to their local restaurants and pubs in direct contradiction of CDC guidelines, Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) claimed “media freaks” were distorting his remarks.

During an appearance on Fox News’ Sunday Futures with Maria Bartiromo, Nunes said that if you’re “healthy” it’s a “great time to go out and go to a local restaurant,” noting that it was likely “you can get in easy.”

While top infectious diseases expert Dr. Anthony Fauci was making the Sunday show rounds calling on people to avoid bars and restaurants to help stem the spread of the novel coronavirus, Nunes called on Americans to “go to your local pub” because we don’t want to “hurt the working people in this country that are relying on wages and tips.”

On Monday night, Fox News host Sean Hannity hosted Nunes on his primetime show, pointing out that the California Republican had gotten “hammered” for wanting to “support a local restaurant,” adding that “the good news is that these restaurants are now delivering” while pointing out that he knows Nunes supports the administration’s stance toward combating the virus.

“Sean, these media freaks don’t have a clue what’s going on out in the real world,” Nunes fumed. “We have a problem out here because we have people standing in line for 45 minutes at Costco.”

“So what I was saying is you have empty restaurants,” he continued. “You can go through the drive-thru or do takeout. It’s a great place to go. The media freaks can do what they want.”

The conservative lawmaker went on to claim it was the media that’s “endangering lives here by continuing this panic when we have no food shortage in this country” and said “we have to stop panicking” in order to keep the American public calm.

Nunes did not say during his Sunday Fox appearance that he was encouraging people to use the drive-thru or get takeout. He said it was a “great time” to go to a “local pub” or restaurant if you are “healthy,” highlighting that it would likely be easy to get in.

After the CDC recommended canceling gatherings of more than 50 people for the next eight weeks to slow the spread of the virus, President Donald Trump released guidelines on Monday calling for people to avoid groups of more than 10 individuals and to “steer clear of eating and drinking at bars, restaurants and food courts.”

https://news.yahoo.com/devin-nunes-blames-media-freaks-030336254.html

There's only one person buying the bs you're selling Devin, which we all know was your mission all along.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 4

News

White House Privately Backchannels Its Coronavirus Messaging to Conservative Social-Media Influencers

a76e9ca0-ba9f-11e7-afbd-e700b0f36d78_daily_beast.png
Asawin Suebsaeng, Erin Banco
The Daily BeastMarch 17, 2020
Photo Illustration by The Daily Beast/Getty
Photo Illustration by The Daily Beast/Getty

As the coronavirus has worsened, members of the task force President Donald Trump has assigned to combat the pandemic have reached out to prominent conservative social media “influencers” and right-wing TV and radio stars to offer them private briefings and information sessions with Vice President Mike Pence and other top administration officials, The Daily Beast has learned.

The communications strategy began backstage at the Conservative Political Action Conference, the annual gathering that takes place just outside of Washington, D.C., and which happened to have an attendee diagnosed with coronavirus this year. The direct outreach occurred on Thursday, Feb. 27—the day after Trump tapped Pence to lead the task force. There, the vice president hosted an informal briefing on COVID-19 and the administration’s latest efforts, with several right-leaning personalities with large followings on Twitter and other social media platforms, according to a source with direct knowledge of the gathering.

Trump Bows to Reality

The following Wednesday, Pence hosted another closed-door meeting with conservative “influencers,” with this one lasting for roughly an hour in the vice president’s office on White House grounds. The meeting was helmed by senior Trump administration officials such as Pence and Marc Short, the vice president’s chief of staff who previously served as Trump’s legislative affairs director.

According to three people with knowledge of the meeting, attendees included Fox New fixture and prolific MAGA tweeter Dan Bongino; former Trump adviser and current “War Room: 2020” podcast host Jason Miller; Newsmax TV host and Trump’s former press secretary Sean Spicer; former White House official and Sinclair “must-run” commentator Boris Epshteyn; Sinclair anchor and ex-Fox News host Eric Bolling; and former Rep. Jack Kingston (R-GA), a Trump surrogate.

During the meeting, attendees discussed how their collective Twitter following—estimated at “tens of millions”—could be used as a bullhorn for the administration, these sources said. Pence discussed the difficulties the administration was confronting related to producing coronavirus testing kits, as well as airline cleaning protocols, nursing home cleaning measures, and the number of masks the administration hopes is produced by the company 3M. At one point, Pence mentioned how he'd recently had what he thought was a very productive conversation with Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), and then expressed frustration to the room about how she subsequently went before the press to bash him as anti-science, sources recounted.

A Doctor’s Front-Line View of the Virus Testing Crisis

The outreach from Pence illustrates the lengths that the White House is going to push its message on the coronavirus as well as the distinctive challenges it is confronting in the modern media landscape. All administrations back-channel to like-minded surrogates. But with respect to the pandemic, conservative media has been a hotbed for skepticism about the virus and its lethality.

The TV-ready allies and social media influencers the Trump administration convened have mostly not gone off the deep end of conspiracy theory. Instead, these surrogates have generally towed the line, singing the praises of the president and lashing out at his media critics.

On the podcast he co-hosts with Trump’s former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, Miller likened Trump to a wartime president, in a time when the American “way of life is under attack from this foreign virus.”

Epshteyn, for his part, has accused CNN of continuing “to do everything possible to attack @realDonaldTrump and cause panic.”

Bongino has focused his commentary on coronavirus on China and the government’s response and transparency. On a recent Fox News segment with Sean Hannity, he accused Geraldo Rivera, who was criticizing White House senior adviser Stephen Miller and describing a relative panicking over the president’s Oval Office speech, of propagating “Chinese propaganda.”

“The Wuhan virus… is a foreign virus,” Bongino said. “Blaming it on Stephen Miller is outrageously stupid.” (Senior Trump officials, including Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, have made a point of trying to rebrand the illness as the “Wuhan virus” or “Wuhan coronavirus” as frequently as possible.)

Trump Sounds New, Grim Tone in Somber Coronavirus Warning

The effusive praise for Trump has become intrinsic to the administration’s communications strategy in recent weeks, even when Trump has clearly fumbled

For weeks the Trump administration’s coronavirus task force has struggled to maintain continuity in messaging, with different departments seemingly operating off of different scripts and with different ideas about how to disseminate information to the public. Part of that tension is internal, with a White House and a president having been desperate to calm the markets at a time when state governments are calling for help amid rising death tolls. 

Through it all, the vice president’s office, and communications teams on the task force, have tried to minimize the noise, calm Americans, and relentlessly lauded the president’s response to the outbreak in the U.S. The efforts to loop in conservative influencers has been seen as a way to maneuver beyond the regular briefings to the White House press corps and reach a different and more sympathetic media cohort.  

Reached for comment on Monday, Short said that “from the start, the vice president has said that he wants to get as much information out to the American people as possible… There are a lot of different channels of communication. It's not just press briefings every day, it's not just TV interviews… There’s a whole lot of different streams of information. And one of those is surrogates.”

Short said that his office had asked White House communications official Julia Hahn “to put this [meeting] together for us. We’ll probably continue to do that… There’s one more in development now, but I hope we continue to do these regularly, either in person or via teleconference. It’s all part of a larger strategy.”

Spicer returned a request for comment, acknowledging the meeting, saying “the vice president and Ambassador Brix did a great job ensuring we had a clear understanding of the whole-of-government approach being utilized to address and contain the coronavirus.”

In addition to the efforts to get the administration’s message out through sympathetic channels, the outreach also underscores the degree to which the vice president has asserted his power over the White House’s efforts to respond to the virus. Late last month, Trump tapped Pence as the leader of the coronavirus task force—a team of scientists, academics and other federal officials focusing on ensuring the safety of Americans through the pandemic. 

Two officials inside the White House told The Daily Beast that Trump appointed the vice president to the position as a way to streamline communications and messaging to the American public on what the administration was doing to contain and prevent the spreading virus. But in the first few days of the transition, the move seemed to cause more problems internally than was expected. Up until his appointment Health and Human Services Director Alex Azar had led the coronavirus effort. And even after Pence stepped into the leadership role, Azar was claiming top authority.

“I’m still chairman of the task force,” he told reporters. 

Meanwhile officials on the task force disagreed on what kind of information to relay to the public and at what speed. The scientists and academics, for example, argued that the vice president should clearly communicate the worst-case scenario so that Americans could prepare themselves. But other members of the task force pushed back against that idea, saying it would cause panic and spook the markets. 

Pence had largely prevailed in that battle. Though Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and a member of the task force, appeared to try to publicly push out information that the White House had yet to acknowledge in a congressional hearing last week, when he told lawmakers that the worst was yet to come,. 

Not only is the vice president’s office briefing and meeting with social media influencers they are also meeting with Republicans on Capitol Hill. Two officials told The Daily Beast Monday that staffers from Pence’s office had spoken with communications officers in GOP offices, providing information about the spread of the virus and the administration’s efforts to adjust to the changing demands. 

In an effort to promote the government’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic, officials inside the building are sending emails to reporters and others highlighting the work. In one email sent the night of Trump’s Oval address, titled “What They are Saying” Pence’s office sent out a list of tweets from lawmakers, officials and media, including from Arkansa Attorney General Leslie Rutledge, Rep. Mark Green (R-TN) and Rep. Mark Walker (R-AL) and Dr. Mark Siegel, a Fox News guest.

Rep. Green posted a tweet with a video of himself on Fox News.

“President @realDonaldTrump has taken bold action to prevent the transmission of #coronavirus despite constant politicization from the left. This blame game has to stop. Thanks for having me on to discuss this morning @heatherChilders @FoxFriendsFirst”

https://news.yahoo.com/white-house-privately-backchannels-coronavirus-075726536.html?.tsrc=jtc_news_index

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 5

Newt Gingrich Slams 'Totally Dishonest' Coronavirus News That He Helped Spread

HuffPostMarch 17, 2020

In just a few short weeks, Newt Gingrich has gone from downplaying the coronavirus threat to urging swift action to stop the spread of the infection.

First, he dismissed the virus, saying COVID-19 was not nearly as bad as the flu. Now, he’s warning Americans to pay attention to the tragedy unfolding in Italy.  Yet he’s also blaming his own shifting attitude on “a totally dishonest left wing news media.” 

The former House speaker tweeted:

A reporter asked me today why conservatives were initially so skeptical of the threat of the coronavirus. I tried to explain that one of the dangerous consequences of having a totally dishonest left wing news media was that most Americans discounted their hysteria as phony.

In reality, the misinformation problem in coronavirus coverage came from Gingrich ― who spent much of February downplaying the threat ― and others in the right-wing media. 

Fox Business host Trish Regan claimed the infection was Democrats trying to “create mass hysteria to encourage a market selloff.” As she spoke, the graphic on the screen read: “coronavirus impeachment scam.”

Right-wing radio host Rush Limbaugh claimed the coronavirus was just a cold.

“I’m dead right on this. The coronavirus is the common cold, folks,” Limbaugh said last month. Last week, he claimed it was being “exaggerated” and “lied about” in an attempt to make President Donald Trump look bad.

And less than three weeks ago, Gingrich slammed San Francisco for being “irresponsible” because it declared a state of emergency before the city’s first coronavirus case was confirmed:

S7O3vYVT_normal.jpg

A reporter asked me today why conservatives were initially so skeptical of the threat of the coronavirus. I tried to explain that one of the dangerous consequences of having a totally dishonest left wing news media was that most Americans discounted their hysteria as phony.

Newt Gingrich, Feb 27: "The city of San Francisco, in its usual irresponsible way, has already declared an emergency..."

Newt Gingrich, today: "Faced with a pandemic threat, history teaches us it is far better to be over prepared than underprepared."http://gizmo.do/w6wsR88 

Embedded video

“Part of what bothers me as historian is, this is much less currently than the flu is every single year,” Gingrich said in a Feb. 26 appearance on Fox Business. “It’s less deadly than the flu is every single year, and the scale of the reaction has been horrendous.”

In a separate appearance on Fox News last month, Gingrich said the biggest threat to the United States wasn’t the virus, but Chinese factories shutting down, which he warned could lead to an economic recession. 

“I would worry about that more than I worry about the epidemic,” he told Laura Ingraham.

Gingrich is now urging the United States to take the coronavirus threat seriously, writing in Newsweek that it was “far better to be over-prepared than underprepared.”

Gingrich, who is in Italy ― his wife, Callista Gingrich, is U.S. ambassador to the Holy See ― said the near-shutdown in that country as it grapples with a mounting death toll was “not an overreaction.”

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/newt-gingrich-coronavirus-095036194.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 4

With the US under a national emergency, Fox News hosts are admitting they didn't take the coronavirus seriously enough

8671bb20-a4bf-11e9-bf77-b045690ae315
tporter@businessinsider.com (Tom Porter)
Business InsiderMarch 17, 2020
1,072 Comments

Fox News host Jesse Watters talking about the coronavirus crisis on Monday.
Fox News host Jesse Watters talking about the coronavirus crisis on Monday.

Fox News

• Fox News hosts have for weeks claimed the coronavirus threat was exaggerated and part of a conspiracy to discredit Trump. 

• But on Monday there were signs that hosts were belatedly taking the threat seriously, after President Donald Trump declared the illness a national emergency. 

• "I didn't take the social distancing that seriously Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night. I went out to dinner here in the city," host Jesse Watters told viewers Monday. "And I woke up this morning I realized that was not the right move. I am no longer going out to dinner."

• Last Friday Sean Hannity also described the pandemic as a "crisis" and praised Trump for measures to "stem the tide of the coronavirus."

• Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

After weeks of echoing President Donald Trump's optimistic assurances that the impact of the coronavirus on the US would likely be minimal, Fox News hosts are now admitting that the pandemic might be a pretty big deal after all.

Trump's supporters at the right-leaning network had initially backed the president's previous attempts to downplay the public-health crisis, accusing the media and Democrats of exaggerating the disease's impact to damage Trump's presidency. 

On Friday, the president declared the coronavirus a national emergency. And by Monday, the network's top hosts had shifted their tone as well.

President Donald Trump speaks during a press briefing with the coronavirus task force in the White House on Monday.
President Donald Trump speaks during a press briefing with the coronavirus task force in the White House on Monday.

Evan Vucci/AP

On Monday afternoon's edition of "The Five," host Jesse Watters said the gravity of the situation had finally hit home after the weekend. 

"I went to visit my mom this weekend and she made me wear gloves to come inside her house. She is suspicious that I might have coronavirus," the Fox News host said. "I wore the gloves all afternoon in the house. That's what it is." 

"I didn't take the social distancing that seriously Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night. I went out to dinner here in the city," he said.

"And I woke up this morning I realized that was not the right move. I am no longer going out to dinner."

As recently as Sunday, Watters had projected a more optimistic view of the coronavirus, telling his show "Watters' World": "Be vigilant, don't be scared, remain calm and clean — America is the greatest country on earth. We've beaten more dangerous things than this… and we'll do it again."

“Be vigilant, don’t be scared, remain calm and clean - America is the greatest country on earth. We’ve beaten more dangerous things than this…and we’ll do it again.” @JesseBWatters #WattersWords

Embedded video

Weeks ago Watters was also accused of using the crisis to make xenophobic jokes about Chinese people, saying on air: "I'll tell you why it started in China ... Because they have these markets where they are eating raw bats and snakes" prompting laughter from his co-hosts.

On March 3, he also said he would use the power of "positive thinking" to beat the virus if he got infected. 

"I'm not afraid of the coronavirus and no one else should be that afraid either," he added.

Fox News prime time host Sean Hannity speaking on air on February 28, 2020.
Fox News prime time host Sean Hannity speaking on air on February 28, 2020.

Screenshot/Fox News

Sean Hannity, who reportedly serves as an informal adviser to the president, last week said on radio that the claims that the coronavirus is a "fraud," perpetrated by the deep state to suppress dissent and depress the US economy, "may be true." 

But by last Friday, Hannity struck a very different tone, acknowledging the scale of the crisis faced by the US — and hailing the measures taken by Trump. 

"Tonight, we are witnessing what will be a massive paradigm shift in the future of disease control and prevention," he said on his show, "Hannity."

"A bold, new precedent is being set, the world will once again benefit greatly from America's leadership ... The federal government, state governments, private businesses, top hospitals all coming together, under the president's leadership, to stem the tide of the coronavirus."

In another sign that the network may be waking up to the threat of the pandemic, Fox News confirmed Friday that host Trish Regan had been placed on a hiatus after she claimed on the March 10 edition of her show that the coronavirus is an attempt to "destroy the president."

She blamed stock-market collapses caused by the coronavirus crisis on Trump's rivals, calling it "another attempt to impeach the president."

A Fox News producer anonymously told The Washington Post that it was only the higher ratings of hosts like Hannity or Laura Ingraham — who also peddled the conspiracy that the virus is a Democratic plot — shielded them from being punished like Regan was.

Trump listens to Hannity speak at a rally in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, in November 2018.
Trump listens to Hannity speak at a rally in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, in November 2018.

Carolyn Kaster/AP Photo

The network's chaotic coverage has seen misinformation and conspiracies being spread on prime slots by its hosts, while reporters try to relay accurate information to viewers, many of whom are older and so fall into the demographic most at risk from the disease. 

According to multiple reports, it was partly due the intervention of host Tucker Carlson that Trump realized that the coronavirus was just like the winter flu, and started taking it more seriously. 

Carlson had been one of the few hosts to take the threat of the virus seriously, and in an edition of his show last week criticized those who denied the seriousness of the pandemic. 

"They may not know any better," Carlson said. "Maybe they're just not paying attention, or maybe they believe they're serving some higher cause by shading reality."

"And there's an election coming up. Best not to say anything that might help the other side. We get it. But they're wrong," he added, calling the coronavirus crisis a "major event," and stressing: "It's definitely not just the flu."

https://news.yahoo.com/us-under-national-emergency-fox-124015782.html?.tsrc=jtc_news_index

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

Republicans fear Trump being quarantined with 'nothing to watch but the news'

Kathryn Krawczyk
The WeekMarch 17, 2020

3f247f65f64beb1ffa725df65163fc62

Coronavirus has left us without any sports to stave off a quarantine, and everyone is suffering. Even President Trump.

Trump, once reportedly convinced that the COVID-19 outbreak wasn't a big deal, has since undoubtedly been exposed to people who've tested positive for the virus. But he still hasn't officially quarantined himself, and some Republicans are worried about what'll happen to Trump's Twitter timeline if he does, they tell Vanity Fair.

From the beginning, Trump has been pretty unconcerned about the new coronavirus, largely because his son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner advised him to "treat the emergency as a P.R. problem" rather than "take aggressive action" like the White House's top coronavirus adviser recommended, Vanity Fair writes. Trump has since reportedly realized his mistake, with one former White House official saying "I have never heard so many people inside the White House openly discuss how pissed Trump is at Jared."

Kushner may be helping Trump handle the COVID-19 crisis in the best way he knows how: by finding someone to blame, Vanity Fair reports. Without a "boogeyman he can attack," as one former White House official characterized it, several ex-West Wingers believe a rumored national lockdown may become a reality. And the thing Republicans reportedly fear most if that happens? Trump's Twitter. "What's he going to do, watch reruns of the Masters from 2017? He's just going to watch TV and tweet and it's going to get worse,” the former official said.

A White House spokesperson characterized Vanity Fair's reporting as "another false story focused on rumors about palace intrigue." Read more at Vanity Fair.

https://news.yahoo.com/republicans-fear-trump-being-quarantined-141017853.html?.tsrc=jtc_news_index

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

14 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

His profile says he visited a couple of hours ago.  I'm sure he's fine.  How's things with you...everybody in your immediate world healthy?

GO RV, then BV

Thanks for letting me know...

Here things are kinda ok let's say..In my area I mean...A few deceased folks (7, if I recall correctly...all of them with pre-existing diseases) and about 150 positive individuals, many with no symptoms and quarantined at home.....Thanks for asking ...

It would seem that the school lockdown deadline ( April 3) will be postponed until Easter...But not sure as of yet....

In Lombardy and other areas situation is still bad as for positive people and deaths......

We all try as much as possible to stay home...Not so easy....But it's the only way....

All of my friends and relatives are fine so far.....A good buddy of mine is stuck in Athens, Greece and it seems impossible for him ( completely healthy) to get back here as for logistics.....

Edited by umbertino

https://www.bing.com/search?q=oprah+winfrey+rumors&qs=PN&sk=PN2&sc=8-0&cvid=78FB21AB19CE47E5B4B0BD2D907C7173&FORM=QBLH&sp=3

Goes along with the Tom Hanks et al parties arrested - still not seen a thing on arrests on those listed. Sounds like bunk to me...…...and I'm not particularly a Hanks, Oprah etc. fan - just the article seemed so far fetched.

The 66-year-old TV mogul took to Twitter overnight to respond to "awful" rumors circulating online stating that she had been arrested. In her post addressing the rumors, Oprah said she'd received a call after her name started trending on social media.

Just got a phone call that my name is trending. And being trolled for some awful FAKE thing. It’s NOT TRUE. Haven’t been raided, or arrested. Just sanitizing and self distancing with the rest of the world. Stay safe everybody.🙏🏾

— Oprah Winfrey (@Oprah) March 18, 2020

"Just got a phone call that my name is trending. And being trolled for some awful FAKE thing. It's NOT TRUE," Oprah wrote to her Twitter followers on Tuesday night. "Haven't been raided, or arrested. Just sanitizing and self distancing with the rest of the world. Stay safe everybody."

According to reports, a conspiracy theory had surfaced online stating that Oprah had allegedly been arrested in connection with a sex trafficking ring. The allegations also stated that Oprah's house had been raided, which she referenced in her tweet.

In response to the social media conspiracy, many fans and fellow stars are coming to Oprah's defense. 

In one tweet, filmmaker Ava DuVernay called out "trolls" and "bots" for the "disgusting rumor."

"Trolls + bots began this disgusting rumor. Mean-spirited minds kept it going," Ava wrote. "#Oprah has worked for decades on behalf of others. Given hundreds of millions to individuals + causes in need. Shared her own abuse as a child to help folks heal."

She added, "Shame on all who participated in this."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Sage449 said:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=oprah+winfrey+rumors&qs=PN&sk=PN2&sc=8-0&cvid=78FB21AB19CE47E5B4B0BD2D907C7173&FORM=QBLH&sp=3

Goes along with the Tom Hanks et al parties arrested - still not seen a thing on arrests on those listed. Sounds like bunk to me...…...and I'm not particularly a Hanks, Oprah etc. fan - just the article seemed so far fetched.

The 66-year-old TV mogul took to Twitter overnight to respond to "awful" rumors circulating online stating that she had been arrested. In her post addressing the rumors, Oprah said she'd received a call after her name started trending on social media.

Just got a phone call that my name is trending. And being trolled for some awful FAKE thing. It’s NOT TRUE. Haven’t been raided, or arrested. Just sanitizing and self distancing with the rest of the world. Stay safe everybody.🙏🏾

— Oprah Winfrey (@Oprah) March 18, 2020

"Just got a phone call that my name is trending. And being trolled for some awful FAKE thing. It's NOT TRUE," Oprah wrote to her Twitter followers on Tuesday night. "Haven't been raided, or arrested. Just sanitizing and self distancing with the rest of the world. Stay safe everybody."

According to reports, a conspiracy theory had surfaced online stating that Oprah had allegedly been arrested in connection with a sex trafficking ring. The allegations also stated that Oprah's house had been raided, which she referenced in her tweet.

In response to the social media conspiracy, many fans and fellow stars are coming to Oprah's defense. 

In one tweet, filmmaker Ava DuVernay called out "trolls" and "bots" for the "disgusting rumor."

"Trolls + bots began this disgusting rumor. Mean-spirited minds kept it going," Ava wrote. "#Oprah has worked for decades on behalf of others. Given hundreds of millions to individuals + causes in need. Shared her own abuse as a child to help folks heal."

She added, "Shame on all who participated in this."

It is because much of it IS bunk Sage.

These claims have been swirling around since 2017...stemming from the "Q" cult that made the claim Hill Clinton was about to be arrested...oh there was an arrest, but at the time it turned out to be Paul Manafort. Claims without evidence is the new thing in alt. media and MSM. No evidence, then it's time to move on. Belief in the claims make it no less false. Most of it is "clickbait", and this kind of rumor mill has been ongoing for the last 12 years.

We all want to see corruption cleaned up...but so far the claims have been that, just claims.  Would it be great to see those that hate this country get taken down? Sure...but I do not ever see that happening in our life times...but never say never...I think any person who loves their country wants to see both parties get cleaned up and especially the lobbyist corruption too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Jim1cor13 said:

It is because much of it IS bunk Sage.

These claims have been swirling around since 2017...stemming from the "Q" cult that made the claim Hill Clinton was about to be arrested...oh there was an arrest, but at the time it turned out to be Paul Manafort. Claims without evidence is the new thing in alt. media and MSM. No evidence, then it's time to move on. Belief in the claims make it no less false. Most of it is "clickbait", and this kind of rumor mill has been ongoing for the last 12 years.

We all want to see corruption cleaned up...but so far the claims have been that, just claims.  Would it be great to see those that hate this country get taken down? Sure...but I do not ever see that happening in our life times...but never say never...I think any person who loves their country wants to see both parties get cleaned up and especially the lobbyist corruption too.

Hello Jim....Good reading you...

Hope all s fine with you and yours...

Best