Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Joe Biden May Choose A 'Surprising' Running Mate

21 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

So are you happy with the choice you'll have to defeat Trump.....is he the best and the brightest?   CL

Not particularly.....but I'm excited that Uncle Joe is the polar opposite of Trump.  And should he win the presidency, I'm excited for the people he will surely surround himself with....I'll be excited to see transparency renewed and almost daily news conferences to keep us Americans updated.  I'm excited for a return to our rightful spot in the world, as a leader, not isolationism.  I'm excited we'll reconnect with our loyal allies.  All that said, if Trump happens to win....well, it's just one day closer to him being shown the term limit door.  Glass half full.

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

So the antagonism by some is just an unfortunate by-product of the person.

GO RV, then BV

All this drama all the time....very tiring.....probably time for a nap......or perhaps I'll run down to the local shoppe an see if they're still out of TP....seems around DV lately a little TP could be useful....

CL

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, coorslite21 said:

All this drama all the time....very tiring.....probably time for a nap......or perhaps I'll run down to the local shoppe an see if they're still out of TP....seems around DV lately a little TP could be useful....

CL

Probably only have single ply left.....happy hunting.  ;)  This thread like many got started off on the right foot, then........

GO RV, then BV

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:
57 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

So the antagonism by some is just an unfortunate by-product of the person.

GO RV, then BV

You guys can come sit at my Trading desk.  That will wake you up (especially if you put your money in) or give you a heart attack.  Whew, it has been an absolute crazy day in the markets.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

This thread like many got started off on the right foot, then........

This site, thread is just an example of how divided we are as a nation.  Not only divided but very passionate about what we believe.  

I like the give and take but not the name calling crap. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Pitcher said:

The reason we can’t get kits is because we sent thousands to China.  They are making new kits.  What do you want Trump to do, make the kits himself.  You are using this as are all Dems to bash the President. Pathetic. 

What have you and your Dem Congress produced, a paritisan pork fest bill.  Pathetic, holding up money to help in the crisis situation to get their pork. 

Speed is critical in the response to COVID-19. So why has the United States been so slow in its attempt to develop reliable diagnostic tests and use them widely?

The World Health Organization (WHO) has shipped testing kits to 57 countries. China had five commercial tests on the market 1 month ago and can now do up to 1.6 million tests a week; South Korea has tested 65,000 people so far. The U. S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in contrast, has done only 459 tests since the epidemic began. The rollout of a CDC-designed test kit to state and local labs has become a fiasco because it contained a faulty reagent. Labs around the country eager to test more suspected cases—and test them faster—have been unable to do so. No commercial or state labs have the approval to use their own tests.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/02/united-states-badly-bungled-coronavirus-testing-things-may-soon-improve

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, caddieman said:

Speed is critical in the response to COVID-19. So why has the United States been so slow in its attempt to develop reliable diagnostic tests and use them widely?

The World Health Organization (WHO) has shipped testing kits to 57 countries. China had five commercial tests on the market 1 month ago and can now do up to 1.6 million tests a week; South Korea has tested 65,000 people so far. The U. S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in contrast, has done only 459 tests since the epidemic began. The rollout of a CDC-designed test kit to state and local labs has become a fiasco because it contained a faulty reagent. Labs around the country eager to test more suspected cases—and test them faster—have been unable to do so. No commercial or state labs have the approval to use their own tests.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/02/united-states-badly-bungled-coronavirus-testing-things-may-soon-improve

Good post.....Thanks.   CL

DIrect from a person sitting on the committee meetings this morning.

• Upvote 1

Who has trump accused of being one of the biggest currency manipulators? Who wants trump out? Which country? What happens to a country with closed borders? What happens to tariffs? Exports? Who relies on exports? Who said all currencies would be on a level playing field? Much sooner than we think? Which country has links to all those countries with travel bans? 

• Thanks 1

Biden promises he'll pick a woman as his running mate. Sanders is less certain.

David Knowles
Editor
Yahoo NewsMarch 15, 2020

5e6ed8b42c59ed00012ff948_1280x720_FES_v1.jpg
Scroll back up to restore default view.
0a640050-5b18-11ea-b9f6-bbe6dafacd4f

Joe Biden promised Sunday he would select a woman as his running mate if he wins the Democratic presidential nomination.

“I commit that I will, in fact, pick a woman to be vice president,” Biden said during the Democratic presidential debate. “There are a number of women who are qualified to be president tomorrow. I would pick a woman to be my vice president.”

Bernie Sanders was less definitive about choosing a woman as a running mate, saying the important thing was to have someone who shares his progressive politics. However, he added that there were many women who do.

“In all likelihood, I would,” Sanders said.

Joe Biden at the 11th Democratic presidential candidates debate, in Washington, D.C., on Sunday. (Kevin Lamarque/Reuters)
Joe Biden at the 11th Democratic presidential candidates debate, in Washington, D.C., on Sunday. (Kevin Lamarque/Reuters)

Rep. Jim Clyburn, the man credited with reviving Biden’s presidential campaign with his endorsement ahead of the South Carolina primary, told Axios that Biden should pick an African-American woman.

“I would advise him that we need to have a woman on the ticket, and I prefer an African-American woman,” Clyburn said.

Among the women on Clyburn’s short list are Sen. Kamala Harris of California and former Georgia Rep. Stacey Abrams, Rep. Marcia Fudge of Ohio, Rep. Val Demings of Florida, and former Obama National Security Adviser Susan Rice.

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-commits-to-picking-a-woman-as-his-vp-sanders-is-less-certain-013417822.html

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1

News

New Arizona poll shows Biden leading Sanders by 20 points and beating Trump in general election

1b8d34c0-ffe6-11e8-9efb-906719b9955b
Nicholas Wu, USA TODAY
USA TODAYMarch 16, 2020

new Monmouth University poll shows former Vice President Joe Biden leading Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., by 20 percentage points in the state ahead of its presidential primary Tuesday and holding a slim lead over President Donald Trump in the general election. 

Among Arizonan voters likely to vote in the Democratic primary on Tuesday, 51% said they would vote for Biden, and 31% for Sanders. One percent of those surveyed said they would vote for Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, the sole remaining major candidate in the race besides Sanders and Biden.

The former Vice President maintains a large lead in delegates, with 890 delegates currently pledged to Sanders' 736. Gabbard has two pledged delegates. 

Biden held leads among groups that made up a larger proportion of the electorate like voters over the age of 50 and white voters, whereas Sanders beat Biden among Latino voters and voters under 50, both of which are smaller proportions of the electorate. 

The coronavirus pandemic could upend the state's primary by adding uncertainty to the number of voters who would go in person to the polls on Tuesday, said Patrick Murray, director of the Monmouth University Polling Institute.

“Biden has a strong advantage going into the primary. This is because much of his support has already been banked in the early vote," Murray said in a statement on the survey results. "The closure of many polling places due to COVID-19 means it is uncertain how many voters who planned to vote on Tuesday will actually show up.”

The Monmouth University Polling Institute polled 847 registered Arizonan voters from March 11 to 14 by telephone, and 373 likely Democratic primary voters. Questions asked of all registered voters have a margin of error of 3.4 percentage points, and questions asked of Democratic primary voters have a margin of error of 5.1 percentage points.  

Over half of all primary voters said they had already voted, and among the early voters, Biden led them 50% to 27% for Sanders. 

The poll also spelled trouble for Sen. Martha McSally, R-Ariz., who is up for re-election this November. The poll showed Democratic challenger Mark Kelly, a retired astronaut, beating McSally by 6 percentage points, 50% to 44%, among all registered voters surveyed. 

President Donald Trump won Arizona in 2016, but the poll found him with a net negative favorability rating in the state and narrowly trailing Biden in the state's general election.

When polled about a hypothetical general election matchup, Biden beat Trump by three percentage points among all registered voters, 46% to 43%. Trump polled ahead of Sanders by one percentage point, or 44% to 43%. 

Fifty percent of the Arizonans in the survey had an unfavorable opinion of Trump, and 41% had a favorable opinion of him. 

https://news.yahoo.com/arizona-poll-shows-biden-leading-115438060.html

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 10:36 AM, Starrider said:

I was thinking Billary for VP then Joe O"Biden would step down after a year for health reasons then Billary would become the Pres. Then Billary could ask Michael O'Bummer for the VP spot.

JMHO Bash away

Starr

Wow,  Scary but spot on !!!

On 8/11/2020 at 7:43 AM, Shabibilicious said:

I'm still betting on his pick being a woman....in chess the queen holds all the power after all. 

GO RV, then BV 

I believe he did it for the gender and color vote. I don't believe he'll made thru his full term, he already had 2 terms to fix things with o'bummer and didn't so it's easier to blame Trump for all the problems we have today past present and future.

Just thinking out loud.

Starr

Edited by Starrider
  • Thanks 3