Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Abdul-Mahdi’s financial advisor talks about the worsening economic situation caused by [Corona]

6ly410

Abdul-Mahdi’s financial advisor talks about the worsening economic situation caused by [Corona]

Editing Date: 9/3/2020 21:3553 times read
[Baghdad-where]
Mazhar Muhammad Salih, the financial advisor to the resigned prime minister, Adel Abdul-Mahdi, said on Monday that the current budget suffers from a deficit and its size will be exacerbated after the decline in oil prices due to the Corona virus, suggesting that the budget be restructured to address the current economic crisis.
Saleh said, in a press statement today, [March 9, 2020] that "the continuation of the decline in oil prices in the global markets due to the Corona virus over a full fiscal year will create a problem in the government financial position," noting that "the only solution to overcome this crisis is to support Resources and revenue. "

He added, "This crisis requires the state to go towards external borrowing to bridge the federal budget deficit, which will be exacerbated by very large numbers," noting that "the current budget deficit reached more than fifty billion dollars due to increased expenditures after calculating the price of a barrel of oil at 56 dollars per barrel." .

The financial advisor added, "The additions that got the public job by the current government headed by Adel Abdul Mahdi are estimated at about half a million new employees for this year from a group of four million employees," noting that "this number [500 thousand new employees] is an addition to The salaries clause in the operating budget, which ranges from [11 to 13] trillion dinars.

And Saleh added, "The biggest cost in the federal budget for 2020 is the [current] operational budget, which constitutes 77% of its total volume annually, and includes the salaries of employees, retirees, social welfare, and the requirements for operating the public job", pointing out that "changing the size of Operating budget is difficult. "

He explained, "The government pays about [4] billion dollars a month as salaries for Iraqi state employees," noting that "the daily caretaker government is also not authorized to take many positions to address this current economic crisis," stressing that "the size of the deficit will worsen after The price of oil drops to about forty dollars per barrel, but it is difficult to predict its total volume, "noting that" the Corona crisis has stopped the Chinese economy, which is the locomotive of the global economy, and thus will affect the levels of the global economy.

And Saleh estimated, "Iraq’s economic losses [the difference in oil prices] due to the Corona virus are between [50 to 75] million dollars per day," stressing that "the Finance Department of the Ministry of Finance is making continuous and continuous updates to the general budget law."

The financial advisor suggested, "Restructuring the federal budget according to the current oil prices to reduce the deficit and address all problems and challenges through reducing many non-binding expenses", pointing out that "the Ministry of Finance has evidence and plans [A], and [C] to meet All expected financial crises, and thus the budget law will be ready if any new government takes over, and will vote on it before it is sent to parliament for approval.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, horsesoldier said:

Guessing they’ll run their mouths on this until the “ Camels come home “

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

Image result for i'd walk a mile to smoke a camel

WHOOPS!!!

A NOW a word from the Surgeon General on Smokin' Camels.........................................

:o   :o   :o

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Low oil prices.... higher deficit

Corona virus

People protesting against the GOI

Budget 2020 still in discussion 

GOI still looking for a new PM

Iran interventionism 

In my opinion this is the perfect smoke screen designed to obscure,

confuse, or mislead. 

I think we are close.

Go RV

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Laid Back said:

Corona virus

Iran interventionism 

confuse, or mislead. 

I think we are close.

Go RV

SUDDENLY 

Sunday 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

...... and can't forget the articles stating rolling out the polymer notes for reasons of sterilization , we all know the polymer notes were talked by the cbi when shabibi was large and in charge of the cbi maybe the new small denom are polymer ...... 

3n1 whips off his guru dinar glasses an exits stage :bananacamel:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, horsesoldier said:

Why don’t they start by sterilizing all the MPs. Couldn’t hurt, right  ?

Oh come on now: you’ve been thinking the same thing for a while now, I just said what’s on everyone’s mind anyway. Well, most of you at least.

It was on my mind...so, Yes...you did!!!🤣😂👍🇺🇸

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, CSM (R) Thack said:

It was on my mind...so, Yes...you did!!!🤣😂👍🇺🇸

Sometimes my wife is quite astonished that after 17 years of this :bs:  :rodeo: ( rodeo ) I still have a sense of humor. Maybe after being a combatant in 1 war and a government contractor for another, my threshold for coping with this minefield full of   :bs: is understandable.

Didn't say I like it nor do I tolerate it much if at all: you just get to understanding how the game is played. You need an outlet though  - Mine ?

I go the Gun Range allot; feels great sending rounds downrange. :salute:

Edited by horsesoldier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/12/2020 at 11:55 AM, Laid Back said:

Corona virus

Iran interventionism 

confuse, or mislead. 

I think we are close.

Go RV

On 3/12/2020 at 12:19 PM, Laid Back said:

Nothing.... nothing.... nothing.... SUDDENLY Sunday 🙏🏼😊👍🏼

Was thinking the same thing.  When it is at its worst- SUDDENLY. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

On 3/12/2020 at 9:55 AM, Laid Back said:

Corona virus

Iran interventionism 

confuse, or mislead. 

I think we are close.