Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bankers hold an important meeting to discuss economic decisions

6ly410

Bankers hold an important meeting to discuss economic decisions

http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=19236
 Banks
The Economy News - Baghdad

A number of bankers held a meeting at the headquarters of the Iraqi company to finance small and medium enterprises to discuss a set of economic and banking decisions.

Participated in the meeting, the delegated director of the Iraqi Commercial Bank, Nuri Al-Dubais, the executive director of the Iraq Stock Exchange, Taha Ahmed Abdel Salam, and the United Bank Abdul Rahman Al-Sheikhly, the authorized director of the Iraqi Company for Small and Medium Enterprises Financing, Sulaf Hussain, advisor Adnan Chalabi and advisor to the Association of Iraqi Private Banks Khawla Al-Asadi and advisor Hamid Abdal Majeed.

The meeting also discussed, among other things, the Central Bank’s instructions for housing loans and the conditions contained therein.While they stressed the importance of the Central Bank’s decision on housing loans in addressing the housing crisis and supporting citizens to improve their living conditions.

The meeting also discussed a mechanism for activating bank shares in the Iraq Stock Exchange, in cooperation between banks, the central bank and the Securities Commission to prepare a study on this topic

Number of views 141 Date added 09/03/2020

Edited by 6ly410
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Spartakus said:

I never trust Alak for the RV. He'll do everything else except that. Maliki put him in need I say more. They're stealing millions in the auctions, it's a sweet pot why change it that's the way those thieves think.

Agreeed ..... It will take something monumental to turn this around.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, screwball said:

They might have not have a choice except to adjust rate...all currencies will be on a level playing field..some will adjust up and some down.

I believe April 6th is Trumps deadline. 
All roads lead to the end of March.

Stock exchange closed till March 21st. 

Possible float announcement yesterday. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, gregp said:

I believe April 6th is Trumps deadline. 
All roads lead to the end of March.

Stock exchange closed till March 21st. 

Possible float announcement yesterday. 

Trump has an April 6th deadline for a level playing field?

Stock exchange closed until March 21st?

This is the first I've heard of these things.  Could you elaborate a little, please?

Where did you hear this?

31 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Trump has an April 6th deadline for a level playing field?

Stock exchange closed until March 21st?

This is the first I've heard of these things.  Could you elaborate a little, please?

Where did you hear this?

Trump has a currency law taking into effect in early April where all countries needs to be in a level playing field with their currencies.  Iraq was on this list and if they dont comply they will suffer stiff taxation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, WheresmyRV? said:

Trump has a currency law taking into effect in early April where all countries needs to be in a level playing field with their currencies.  Iraq was on this list and if they dont comply they will suffer stiff taxation.

Fantastic!

Is there any way you could provide a link for this info for me to read up on? 

Thanks in advance! 

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, WheresmyRV? said:

Oh WOW!  Thanks, so much WheresmyRV.

I had no clue.  Never heard about it.

If it was posted on DV, I missed it.

This is certainly good news.

Thanks again.   😃

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, climber7 said:

Fantastic!

Is there any way you could provide a link for this info for me to read up on? 

Thanks in advance! 

I found this.  I'm gonna read it now:

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/trump-administration-allows-tariffs-currency-manipulators-finalize-rule-trade-war-2020-2-1028873837

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, WheresmyRV? said:

This is seriously wrong interpretation

• Thanks 1

The rule targets products found to unfairly benefit from devaluation, according to a Federal Register document published Tuesday, and will take effect April 6.

Do you think this rule will affect the Dinar?  Oil is traded in PetroDollars.

image.jpeg.ad1bab33cad1a9fa0cbd324b9617834c.jpeg
The top exports of Iraq are Crude Petroleum ($57.5B), Refined Petroleum ($1.47B), Gold ($1.4B), Petroleum Gas ($92.5M) and Tropical Fruits ($66.7M), using the 1992 revision of the HS (Harmonized System) classification.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

A New Currency Undervalued/manipulation Law is set to take effect and could force countries to change the value of their currencies. On April 6th 2020 this new law takes effect and could very well lead to the revaluation and the raising of value of many currencies. I always thought there was a basket of currencies that could all go at once. At some point a country whose currency is “under value” will have to make a decision to pay the tariffs or raise the value of their currency. Some country’s currencies currently classified as “Under value” “Over value” or manipulating their currency are Iraq , Vietnam, Thailand, China, Brazil, Argentina, Japan, Malasia, Korea, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Singapore, Mexico and Switzerland. President Trump wants a “level playing field” Some of President Trump’s new Trade deals with China, Japan, USMCA ect do contain provisions for currencies. It will be interesting to see what happens when this law goes into effect on April 6th, 2020

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, WheresmyRV? said:

A New Currency Undervalued/manipulation Law is set to take effect and could force countries to change the value of their currencies. On April 6th 2020 this new law takes effect and could very well lead to the revaluation and the raising of value of many currencies. I always thought there was a basket of currencies that could all go at once. At some point a country whose currency is “under value” will have to make a decision to pay the tariffs or raise the value of their currency. Some country’s currencies currently classified as “Under value” “Over value” or manipulating their currency are Iraq , Vietnam, Thailand, China, Brazil, Argentina, Japan, Malasia, Korea, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Singapore, Mexico and Switzerland. President Trump wants a “level playing field” Some of President Trump’s new Trade deals with China, Japan, USMCA ect do contain provisions for currencies. It will be interesting to see what happens when this law goes into effect on April 6th, 2020

This is someone's interpretation of the law/article that Floridian just provided. Nowhere in that article or law that specifically states a new currency undervalued/manipulation law...it states currency manipulator ...and products to unfairly benefit from devaluation.

• Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, navira said:

This is someone's interpretation of the law/article that Floridian just provided. Nowhere in that article or law that specifically states a new currency undervalued/manipulation law...it states currency manipulator ...and products to unfairly benefit from devaluation.

We will see come early April.

• Like 1