Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Coronavirus is Being Used as a Political Weapon

News

Donald Trump Jr. Defends ‘Hyperbole’ About Democrats and Coronavirus

a76e9ca0-ba9f-11e7-afbd-e700b0f36d78_daily_beast.png
Matt Wilstein
The Daily BeastMarch 8, 2020
adc23b98241e285aa7783984fcc7b243

Just over a week ago, as the severity of the worldwide coronavirus outbreak was just starting to become apparent, Donald Trump Jr. went on Fox & Friends and said this about Democrats: “Anything that they can use to try to hurt Trump, they will… But for them to try to take a pandemic and seemingly hope that it comes here and kills millions of people so they can end Donald Trump’s streak of winning is a new level of sickness.” 

In a new clip from Sunday night’s episode of Axios on HBO, the first son is asked by co-host Jim VandeHei if he has any “regrets” about those remarks. 

“Not at all, not at all,” Trump Jr. said, looking down. He stammered a bit as he added, “I think I can talk about it in hyperbole. You know, I don’t know that they want ‘millions’ of people—but you could see them, there was nothing that Trump could do that could turn his response to coronavirus into, ‘Hey, he did a good job.’” 

After trying to shift blame to The New York Times for an op-ed column headlined, “Let’s Call It Trumpvirus,” Trump Jr. repeated, “I’m entitled to speak with hyperbole and I think that drives home the point of what I’m saying.” 

And yet even as he was defending his “right” to accuse Democrats of wishing for mass death, Trump Jr. did finally acknowledge that it was all for political sport. “I don’t actually think that,” he said. 

https://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-jr-defends-hyperbole-003259858.html

The last paragraph is by definition the very essence of political weaponizing by Trump, Jr.

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

The sad truth about this is how the virus appears to be spread. For example, few [if any] children have been diagnosed with the virus. Furthermore, most reports continue to suggest that this virus is not communal. I.E. not airborne. Now consider the areas that are hardest hit by this, China, Iran, South Korea.  All three of these places have one human characteristic in common. Free sexual promiscuity. Thus this is either a sexually transmitted disease or one that requires extreme close physical contact. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

My apologies to you Pitcher....my first contributions (videos) to this thread were well within the parameters of what you were seeking.  Then the inevitable personal attacks started...and well, you know the rest of the

It’s ok Shabbs. I knew the thread was going to be inflammatory. I was just hoping to let everyone express their opinions without the name calling.  My bad for posting it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

It’s ok Shabbs. I knew the thread was going to be inflammatory. I was just hoping to let everyone express their opinions without the name calling.  My bad for posting it. 

My mere presence has a way of infuriating some people, particularly the one's deeply entrenched in the Trump camp, my fault, I accept it.......That said, back in the day, when Ron Paul was flavor of the month, I was much more palatable.  :D

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

My mere presence has a way of infuriating some people, particularly the one's deeply entrenched in the Trump camp, my fault, I accept it.......That said, back in the day, when Ron Paul was flavor of the month, I was much more palatable.  :D

GO RV, then BV

" My mere presence...."   I can only say it shouldn't be that way......For nobody on the Forum....

Edited by umbertino

2 minutes ago, umbertino said:

" My mere presence...."   I can only say it shouldn't be that way......

It's all good, Umbertino.....I'm by no means a victim.  ;)  Sorry, out of reactions already....contrary to some, the purple trophies do not last forever, at least for me they don't.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Shabibilicious said:

My mere presence has a way of infuriating some people, particularly the one's deeply entrenched in the Trump camp, my fault, I accept it...

I learned a long time ago that most people aren’t going to agree with me and I wasn’t going to convince them to think like me so,  I’ll just carry on.

I like debate, I like to hear all sides, I just don’t like the BS name calling and I’m right you’re wrong attitudes.   That’s what’s wrong in today’s politics, no debate, just ugliness.  

Some people on this board need to do more debating and less name calling and being ugly, and that’s just imho.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Indraman said:

2019-2020 U.S. Flu Season: Preliminary Burden Estimates | CDC

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

34-49 Million infected

16-23 Million Medical visits

350-620 Thousand hospitalizations

20-52 Thousand deaths

Indy

It's not about the total number... It's about the percentage of mortality...

So if one million people get the flu, less than .1% die.

If one million get this new virus, over 3% may die..

See .1% is far less than 3%.

It may not seem like much, until it comes to your neighborhood.

B/A

Edited by bostonangler
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

It's all good, Umbertino.....I'm by no means a victim.  ;)  Sorry, out of reactions already....contrary to some, the purple trophies do not last forever, at least for me they don't.

GO RV, then BV

Ok but what I argue on is the methodology ( if any) behind all this...It's clearly primarily a way to punish the poster rather than the post itself....For bizarre reasons ( I don't like him/ her and stuff like that no matter what he/she posts...That's totally irrelevant...I hate him/her and that's enough a reason to neg him/her)....Doesn't make sense among mature adults to think like that...JMVHO...Some here through time were able to grasp this simple basic concept seemingly....Better late than never....Others didn't

• Thanks 2

Its a good day for Donald- dow drops 2000 points triggering a bear market, the US is unprepared for a pandemic, His health secretary tells people to start hoarding meds and food, North Korea fires missiles and has been found to still be working on Nukes, a video of 100s of illegals scaling the new wall with PVC ladders is released. Should be quite a tweet storm tonight

B/A

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Its a good day for Donald- dow drops 2000 points triggering a bear market, the US is unprepared for a pandemic, His health secretary tells people to start hoarding meds and food, North Korea fires missiles and has been found to still be working on Nukes, a video of 100s of illegals scaling the new wall with PVC ladders is released. Should be quite a tweet storm tonight

Not a very helpful post BA.  When we get through this I will remember your delight that people are suffering from the news today.   Not cool dude.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

President Trump just annonced MAJOR economic stimulus is coming, including a tax relief for small businesss, helping hourly wage earners not lose a pay check, and some kind of help to support Busiesses hurt most by this epidemic.  

BTW, I’m seeing activity to the upside in some major US Stocks in AH’ers. 

• Thanks 3

Just now, Pitcher said:

Not a very helpful post BA.  When we get through this I will remember your delight that people are suffering from the news today.   Not cool dude.  

No delight... I took a big hit today... Just facts...

Trump can take claim for the biggest drops in market history.. Like five of the top 10. If he takes credit for the 11 year bull market he can take credit for worst day in history.

Rank Date Close Change  Ref
Net %
1 2020-03-09 23,851.02 −2,013.76 −7.79 [16]
2 2020-02-27 25,766.64 −1,190.95 −4.42 [17]
3 2018-02-05 24,345.75 −1,175.21 −4.60 [18]
4 2018-02-08 23,860.46 −1,032.89 −4.15 [19]
5 2020-02-24 27,960.80 −1,031.61 −3.56 [20]
6 2020-03-05 26,121.28 −969.58 −3.58 [21]
7 2020-02-25 27,081.36 −879.44 −3.15 [22]
8 2018-10-10 25,598.74 −831.83 −3.15 [23]
9 2019-08-14 25,479.42 −800.49 −3.05 [24]
10 2018-12-04 25,027.07 −799.36 −3.10 [25]
11 2020-03-03 25,917.41 −785.91 −2.94 [26]
12 2008-09-29 10,365.45 −777.68 −6.98 [27]
13 2019-08-05 25,717.74 −767.27 −2.90 [28]
14 2008-10-15 8,577.91 −733.08 −7.87 [29]
15 2018-03-22 23,957.89 −724.42 −2.93 [30]
16 2001-09-17 8,920.70 −684.81 −7.13  
17 2008-12-01 8,149.09 −679.95 −7.70  
18 2008-10-09 8,579.19 −678.92 −7.33  
19 2018-02-02 25,520.96 −665.75 −2.54 [18]
20 2019-01-03 22,686.22 −660.02 −2.83 [31]

He has decimated our CDC and Health Departments since he arrived, the newest government report says we are no where near prepared as we should be. Under funded and under staffed. He is vetting the doctor's statements to hide the truth from the public. He only wants good news... He is lying about the severity, he is denying basic truths and his actions are playing with the life's of Americans.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-administration-stalling-intel-report-204725476.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-only-wants-hear-good-113333106.html

He is blaming Obama... For what? Leaving an 11 year bull market?

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/trump-news-live-president-golfs-134200718.html

North Korea is firing missiles and working on nukes.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-50246065

Illegals are climbing his wall..

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/02/14/smugglers-in-mexico-use-camouflage-ladder-to-cross-border-wall/4766203002/

I not delighted I can promise you that. Amazed may be a better word, amazed that anyone on the planet would take this guy at his word..

B/A

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Did you see the Presser.  Very Positive unlike Dems who haven’t put out one word of support or solution.  You are making the point of this Thread BA.  

BTW, we don’t need your facts.  We all know how to read.  In times of crisis MOST Americans rally around their Government.  Oh but wait, this Government is not legitimate right.  That’s what you Dems have been preaching for 3 years.  Delusional. 

Traitorous.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

President Trump just annonced MAJOR economic stimulus is coming, including a tax relief for small businesss, helping hourly wage earners not lose a pay check, and some kind of help to support system" rel="">support Busiesses hurt most by this epidemic.  

BTW, I’m seeing activity to the upside in some major US Stocks in AH’ers. 

"Stimulus" you mean corporate welfare... What are we The Soviet Union?... Is our government now the linchpin for bad business? Giving money to corporations ain't gonna help all those million of people in service jobs living week to week and off tips when no one shows up for their $5 coffee at Starbucks, or their $40 finger nail polish. 

Yeah, I see some up side, but it's a Dead Cat bounce, just like last week... Shorties will cover and take profits. Mom and Pops are going to wake up to shocking 401Ks, but they won't get any corporate welfare... They will get what they always get... Screwed.

B/A

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1