Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The "commissioning" train is running backward ... Abdul Mahdi, Al-Abadi and Al-Maliki are candidates for prime minister !!!

Wednesday, 04 March 2020 06:44 PM

The "commissioning" train is running backward ... Abdul Mahdi, Al-Abadi and Al-Maliki are candidates for prime minister !!!

EPtliFbWoAIm51L

The crisis of forming the transitional government and choosing a president for it returned to the starting point, after the withdrawal of the first taxpayer, Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi, and his apology for completing the mission under the strong political pressure that he faced, as well as his refusal from the beginning by the rising street.

The same scenario and its small and large details repeat the journey to search for a new taxpayer, as happened with Allawi .. The President of the Republic, Barham Salih, communicates with the various parties and holds meetings with political figures and heads of parliamentary blocs, and the blocs exchange accusations in the same manner and the previous method, and everyone declares in the media that they are searching for a candidate Independent "non-dialectical" far from party influences, and everyone stipulates that the new candidate must meet the conditions and specifications that respond to the demands of the demonstrators ..

In addition to all this, the names that were proposed before Muhammad Allawi’s appointment are the same today, and if not officially, the names of Mustafa Al-Kazemi and Muhammad Shia’a Al-Sudani are still circulating in the political and parliamentary circles ..

As the name of the resigned Prime Minister Adel was re-proposed Abdul-Mahdi before Muhammad Allawi's assignment, he was re-proposed and alluded to him today, but this time Abdul-Mahdi was not alone, but was accompanied by his predecessors Haider al-Abadi and Nuri al-Maliki .. 

only leaks from the meeting of the President of the Republic Barham Saleh with political leaders in the Peace Palace yesterday, Monday. Four names were nominated for a presidential candidate Ministers are Mustafa Kazemi and Mohammad Ali Xiaa Sudanese Shukri and former Prime Minister Haider al - Abadi.

On his part, Al-Abadi did not comment personally on this, but a spokeswoman for the "Victory" coalition headed by Al-Sham suggested that Abadi could be accepted .. but only "on one condition", she said, "He will agree to this if his candidacy is from the people and the protesting masses."

Al-Mudhafar said: "The head of the coalition, Haider al-Abadi, refuses to assign to the prime minister if he is nominated by the political blocs."

The same thing with Nuri al-Maliki, he did not announce it officially, but Saad al-Mutlabi, a member of the coalition of "state of law" stated: "Nuri al-Maliki received offers from Shiite, Sunni and Kurdish parties to assign him as prime minister."

Al-Muttalabi said: "Shiite, Sunni and Kurdish parties came to the head of the State of Law coalition and offered him to assign him as prime minister, and she told him that the country needs him."

But al-Muttalbi acknowledged that assigning al-Maliki as prime minister needs a lot of work, especially as the "Marchers" alliance will oppose.

The "Saeron" alliance, for its part, alluded to this by referring to: "The political blocs that brought down Muhammad Allawi are trying today to nominate a" consumer "candidate for the post of prime minister for the transitional government.

According to the deputy for "Saeron" Sabah Al-Okaili, the Sunni and Kurdish blocs and the State of Law coalition are holding intense meetings during the current period to agree on the nomination of one of the previously proposed candidates, who are rejected by the Iraqi people.

And "The coming days will be difficult, because the blocs that brought down Allawi see themselves that they were able to grab the reins of affairs, rearrange their papers, and return to nominating a candidate from those parties without referring to the Iraqi people."

As for the Kurds, their position is unchanged and has not changed, as expressed by the representative of the Kurdistan Democratic Party, Khaleda Khalil, by saying: “The Kurdish component has conditions, the new Prime Minister in charge must observe them, and that is the preservation of the rights of the Kurdish component stipulated in the constitution, It is true, not selectively, that the powers of the region remain as they are, given that they are among the most important points that the Prime Minister-designate must adhere to

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Bama Girl said:

I can take Al Abadi, but Maliki, NOPE. If Maliki becomes PM again, anyone who wants to, can buy my Dinar for a very good price. 
I don’t think Abadi did a bad job. Jmho. 

I agree with everything you said BG.  I wouldn't mind if Abadi came back but Malaki, hellllll nooooooo!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Maliki should have been "Saddam Hussained" from an even longer rope after 2014.

I will never forget how puny he looked in the pictures of him visiting as PM in Tehran with his little tiny hands placed perfectly on his knees , and looking down at the floor like a scared little rabbit....

He was never a leader, just a pathetic scared little man

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Kurdish Bloc: We were not formally presented with the idea of restoring confidence to Abdul Mahdi

05-05-2020

Kurdish Bloc: We were not formally presented with the idea of restoring confidence to Abdul Mahdi

The head of the Kurdistan Democratic Party, Vian Sabri, confirmed on Thursday that the idea of restoring confidence to resigned Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi has not been formally presented to the Kurdish forces, noting that the Kurds do not object to any candidate as long as the Shiite forces agree.

Sabri said in an interview with Alsumaria News, "The situation is surrounded by a state of tension and paralysis, and there is a need to form a government that meets the demands of the demonstrators and is able to agree politically with all other political components and to restore stability, state prestige and fight corruption," noting that "the political custom put the position of prime minister from Shiite component share. "

She added, "The Shiite forces are concerned with re-proposing Adel Abdul Mahdi to the premiership or providing the name of another candidate, and then we will have a position as Kurdish forces by studying the curriculum of the next government and seeing it for the next period. Now we have not been formally presented to us the idea of re-giving confidence to the Abdul government The Mahdi. "

She pointed out that "the Kurds do not object to any candidate's name presented as long as the Shiite forces agree upon it, and all the names presented are respected by us and we do not interfere in this matter, but we are talking about the program for the nominated person, which is what happened previously with the former commissioner Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi."

Sabri added, "We are all keen to get out of the current situation and address many important issues that concern the Iraqi people, such as salaries of employees, peasants dues, peshmerga, unemployment, the file of the displaced, infrastructure, anti-corruption, security, and other important files."

The Prime Minister-designate Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi announced, last Sunday, his apology for the formation of the government, accusing political parties that he did not name "putting Iraq before the birth of an independent government and not being serious about reform."

• Thanks 2

Al-Araji: He went to delay the elections and kept Abdul Mahdi

3/5/2020

Al-Araji: He went to delay the elections and kept Abdul Mahdi

The former Deputy Prime Minister, Bahaa Al-Araji, confirmed today, Thursday, that there is a trend to keep Adel Abdul-Mahdi as prime minister.

Al-Araji said in an interview published by the official agency, "Allawi's apology for forming the government came as a result of his lack of success in choosing the ministers, as it was supposed to give each ministry to the participating blocs according to the specifications, and these are established democracies in all countries of the world, that the blocs are the ones that make up the government".

He explained that "there is a move by the President of the Republic and members of Parliament to find a candidate for prime minister, and I believe that Adel Abdul Mahdi will remain," noting that "despite the Council issuing the election law and it was voted upon three months ago, it was not sent to the Presidency of the Republic, and this indicates Until there is a deliberate intention to delay the holding of elections. "

He added that "the best choice for the next stage is to retain Adel Abdul Mahdi," noting that "👉his survival does not oppose the political process, especially after the House of Representatives issued the election law, and by this, the most important demands of the demonstrators to hold early elections have been fulfilled."👈

He continued, "Abdul-Mahdi's message was clear that the elections will be in December of this year, and it is assumed that the House of Representatives will dissolve two months before the date of the elections." ".

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, DWS112 said:

The former Deputy Prime Minister, Bahaa Al-Araji, confirmed today, Thursday, that there is a trend to keep Adel Abdul-Mahdi as prime minister.

so just to recap nothing will happen with the GOI this year article stating best way forward is to keep mahdi in the chair as a lame duck who was unable to even complete all the positions he needed to complete his goi in a years time , article suggest ending house of rep's. in october of this year 2 months ahead of Dec. elections .. i enjoy a well thought out Plan for success LOL what a mess We Wait...

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

President Trump at a Town Hall today. He talks of Iraq at 2:50.

He says, "I kept the oil. I used to say keep the oil. They <Obama Administration> never kept the oil. We have an oil area in Iraq, in Syria"

Question: Is President Trump planning on America developing that oil, then using that money to pay for the war in Iraq? 

I think so. Fine with me. I hope he RVs their currency too. I have a feeling there is an awful lot more going on in Iraq, behind the scenes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rochester said:

Saddam Hussein was once criticized for shooting so many people. He said something like "You have no idea. You don't know what these people are like to govern.".....maybe now I'm starting to see what he meant...lol 😏...smirk:bananacamel:

Agreed Rochester . . . Unfortunately, I do Agree.

Iraq is in a state of free fall. Helter Skelter & crazy as it gets with criminals running the country. . . and no end to the madness. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1