Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

LOOKING FOR ATOMIC WAR VETERANS

My dad was part of the lead security force on the Atomic & Hydrogen Bomb testing in 1954.

The Atomic Bomb was one thing, but when they dropped the Hydrogen, the true devastation was unimaginable. It’s much stronger than released to the public. 

It’s was ugly as hell!!!!

The ships rivets were popping from being over stressed as they rode the massive ocean wave created by the blast. He took a direct radiation shower from the blast as he was on the deck of the ship. After they detonated the Atomic Bomb, he got off the ship and walked ground zero fully exposed to the elimants the same day. 

He’s one of the last Atomic survivors.  He said he’s the last one. I’m starting my search. 

He once walked into a nuclear launch pad and removed the keys and walked out unchallenged.  That would take some serious marbles!!!! Dang!!!

He also saved the blueprints to our Trident Missile System from being sold to Russia. I was undercover with him on that one. We were civilians then, although he had gained clearance with the FBI. 

He’s a true patriot.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I met a lady who was a school girl when the bomb dropped in Nagasaki Japan.  On the day it was dropped she had to go to the doctor, but was on her way to the munition plant where her classmates worked in the afternoon when she saw the bomb dropping  .In school, they were instructed to put their thumbs in their ears, cover their eyes with their fingers and drop to the ground if they should see a bomb, so she did.  She was a mile from ground zero.  Everyone one around her was vaporized. Her back was seared, but she survived, unlike her classmates.

She had to have numerous surgeries for the wounds the radiation gave her, but she later married an American and moved to Indiana.  When I met her she was a grandmother.  She claimed every citizen of Japan was given a suicide pill that they were to take rather than Japan surrender. If it were not for the bombs dropped in Nagasaki and Hiroshima she feared the order would have been given to take the pills.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Linda Bower said:

I met a lady who was a school girl when the bomb dropped in Nagasaki Japan.  On the day it was dropped she had to go to the doctor, but was on her way to the munition plant where her classmates worked in the afternoon when she saw the bomb dropping  .In school, they were instructed to put their thumbs in their ears, cover their eyes with their fingers and drop to the ground if they should see a bomb, so she did.  She was a mile from ground zero.  Everyone one around her was vaporized. Her back was seared, but she survived, unlike her classmates.

She had to have numerous surgeries for the wounds the radiation gave her, but she later married an American and moved to Indiana.  When I met her she was a grandmother.  She claimed every citizen of Japan was given a suicide pill that they were to take rather than Japan surrender. If it were not for the bombs dropped in Nagasaki and Hiroshima she feared the order would have been given to take the pills.

One mile from ground zero. Absolutely amazing story. Must have been a nightmare. 
Thanks!

• Thanks 1

My mom’s family was downwind of the nuclear testing from Nevada. I remember the dark clouds coming over them and raining on them out in the country. 

My Dad and Mother we’re both heavily exposed to radiation.  Mom was for years. 

My uncle, (moms brother) was a rocket scientist in Area-51. National chess champion. He died of MS. Lots of my family has either MS or cancer. Sad. 

Knock on wood, Mom and Dad are fine. Their siblings, not so much. They’ve been compensated by the US Government. 

• Thanks 2

• 8 months later...