Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IRAN'S KHAMENEI'S TOP ADVISER DIES OF CORONAVIRUS

KristiD

YIKES!!!  This is scary!  If this is happening in Iran with a population of 83 million, what about other countries?  I hope that the theory about ACE2 cells making certain groups of people more susceptible to catching the coronavirus than others ( link ) is true.  Not that I would want one group of people to die more than others, but if that's how life works, I hope that at least this time it take out many of the ruthless leaders and jihadists in Iran I at least.  

Iran's Health Ministry's spokesman admits every 10 minutes an Iranian dies from coronavirus AND 50 new Iranians contract the virus every hour as he begs the people to following the government's "extreme scenario" warning to stay home.  

Despite that between Tuesday and Wednesday of this week Iran witnessed its biggest ever single-day spike in Covid-19 cases, authorities are still struggling to get everyone to observe quarantine and self-isolation measures, especially after throngs of hardline Shia demonstrators have gathered to protest the closure of two of the country's holiest shrines in the city of Qom.

2020-03-19irancases.png

He further urged citizens to think about this extreme risk every time they break national directives and go out to visit people or travel to other cities. 

This as on Thursday the national number of cases climbed to 18,407 — a jump of 1,046 cases from the day prior. 

The death toll in Iran from the coronavirus outbreak has risen to 1,284, state media reported on Thursday, among those 149 people dying of the virus in the last 24 hours, with 1,046 new cases emerging.

link

• Thanks 6

• 2 weeks later...

At least 17 Iranian officials have DIED from coronavirus – 13 other prominent officials infected

As of Monday, at least 17 current and former figures in the Iranian government have died from the coronavirus, and 13 other prominent officials have been infected since the Iranian outbreak – the deadliest in the Middle East – which began in late February.

Hamid Kahram, former member of parliament (MP), is the latest official to die from COVID-19. His death was reported by state media on March 19.

Kahram represented the city of Ahwaz in the southwestern province of Khuzestan from 2000 to 2004. He was also Khuzestan’s regional campaign manager for Iranian president Hassan Rouhani during the country’s 2017 presidential election.

The latest current regime officials to die are Habib Barzegari and Ayatollah Hashem Bathayi Golpayegani. Barzegari was a founding member of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC). Before his death, he was serving as a close adviser to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei.

Golpayegani passed away on March 16, just two days after he tested positive for COVID-19. He was a member of the Assembly of Experts, an 88-member council of clerics and scholars of Islamic law that has the power to dismiss and appoint the country’s Supreme Leader.

Dozens of officials dead or infected

At least 15 other current and former regime figures have succumbed to COVID-19, including:

• Nasser Shabani and Hossein Asadollahi, both senior IRGC commanders. They passed away on March 13.
  • Mohammad-Reza Rahchamani, former MP and reformist politician. He died on March 9.
  • Farhad Tazari, former head of the Political Bureau of the IRGC. He also died on March 9.
  • Fatemeh Rahbar, MP from Tehran and Mohammad Ali Ramazani Dastak, MP from Gilan province. Both officials were recently elected, and weren’t able to begin their terms as MPs before succumbing to the coronavirus.
  • Mohammad Mirmohammadi, member of the Expediency Council, an assembly of officials directly appointed by the Supreme Leader that arbitrates disputes between the parliament and the Guardian Council – the governmental body that vets electoral candidates. The Expediency Council also serves as an advisory body for the Supreme Leader.

At least 13 other officials have been infected with COVID-19, including:

• Eshaq Jahangiri, Iran’s First Vice President, and second in the line of succession to the Iranian presidency. His case was confirmed by Iranian news agencies on March 11.
  • Ali Asghar Mounesan, Minister for Tourism.
  • Reza Rahmani, Minister of Industry.
  • Ali Iravani, member of the Expediency Council. Iravani is also a member of Supreme Leader Khamenei’s office.
  • Masoumeh Ebtekar, Vice President for Women and Family Affairs and the highest-ranking woman in the Iranian government.
  • Iraj Harirchi, Deputy Health Minister. Before Harirchi’s case was confirmed, he was publicly downplaying the severity of the coronavirus outbreak in the country. He was also seen in a news conference coughing occasionally and wiping away fever sweats.
  • Mojtaba Zolnour, Zohreh Elahian, Mahmoud Sadeghi and Masoumeh Aghapour Alishahi, all of whom are current MPs.

A spokesman for the parliament told Tasnim News Agency on Tuesday that at least 23 of Iran’s 290 MPs have tested positive for COVID-19, or nearly eight percent of the legislators. This is the highest number of parliamentarians in one country that have tested positive for the coronavirus.

9xVaSqFa_normal.jpg

Most #coronavirus cases (860,181 worldwide)

189,624 US
105,792 Italy
95,923 Spain
82,294 China
71,808 Germany
52,836 France
44,605 Iran
25,481 United Kingdom
16,605 Switzerland
13,531 Turkey
12,775 Belgium
12,667 Netherlands
10,180 Austria#covid19 #CoronaAlert min 10000 cases

Most #coronavirus deaths (42,345 worldwide)

12428 Italy
8464 Spain
4080 USA
3523 France
3187 China
2898 Iran
1789 UK
1039 Netherlands
775 Germany
705 Belgium
433 Switzerland
214 Turkey
202 Brazil
180 Sweden
165 S.Korea
160 Portugal

President Rouhani: Criticism of Iranian government’s response to COVID-19 a “political war”

President Rouhani reacted on Sunday to criticism of the country’s lackluster response to the coronavirus pandemic by describing the international outcry as a “political war.”

Despite the growing number of deaths and confirmed cases, President Rouhani has still, so far, refused to impose nationwide lockdown measures because of its potential effects on Iran’s already beleaguered economy, which is being heavily impacted by United States sanctions. (Related: Iran’s coronavirus crisis is so bad they’re excavating mass graves so large they can be SEEN FROM SPACE.)

“Health is a principle for us, but the production and security of society is also a principle for us,” said Rouhani. “We must put these principles together to reach a final decision. This is not the time to gather followers. This is not a time for political war.”

Iran is currently urging the international community to lift their sanctions on the country. They are also asking the International Monetary Fund for a $5 billion loan.

As of writing, official reports state that Iran has 44,605 confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 2,898 deaths and 14,656 recoveries. Kianoush Jahanpour, spokesperson for the country’s Ministry of Health, said that they had 3,111 new confirmed cases. He further said that 3,703 of the country’s cases are in critical condition.

When we review the regime’s approach since the outbreak of the virus in Qom, it becomes clear that the current crisis is actually not a medical issue in #Iran, but a profound political problem #COVID19 #Coronavirus

Embedded video

On Wednesday last week, government spokesman Ali Rabiei warned that Iran may be facing a second wave of infections as many Iranians continue to ignore guidance issued by the country’s health officials. In response to this open defiance, Rouhani finally relented to calls for a lockdown, banning inter-city travel. Furthermore, he banned traditional gatherings in parks.

“Unfortunately, some Iranians ignored advice from health ministry officials and traveled during the [Iranian] New Year holidays… This could cause a second wave of the coronavirus,” said Rabiei. “All the new trips between cities are banned and violators will be confronted legally.”

While many institutions and public places, such as schools, universities, cultural and sports centers and parks have been temporarily closed, President Rouhani’s government is still refusing to impose a lockdown on movement within Iran’s cities. Officials, including Rouhani, have dismissed concerns, stating that all the necessary measures Iran needs to combat the pandemic have already been taken.

• Thanks 5

Thanks for posting this article KristiD.  I heard this on one of my financial shows but didn’t post it because I didn’t have a link.  This could be a big turning point for Iran.  I have friends in Iran and they believe this CV is sent by Allah as a message that the country is not on the correct path.  I talked to them on Sunday and the people are terrified.  Their Healthcare System is nonexistent.  The people want change.  BTW, many people there think this is a weapon from the Great Satan, the USA.  No telling when I hear from him again.  Things are not very good in Iran. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Pitcher said:

This could be a big turning point for Iran.  I have friends in Iran and they believe this CV is sent by Allah as a message that the country is not on the correct path.  I talked to them on Sunday and the people are terrified.

Thanks for sharing this Pitcher.  I so hope things can turn around for Iran too.  Those poor people!  You can tell your friends to take high dose Vitamin C, 5 to 10 grams (5,000 to 10,000 mg) per day.  It really strengthens the immune system to protect against coronavirus and is cheap. Vit D3 (5,000 iu) and zinc (can't remember how much right now but I know ionized Zinc is best if they can get it) are also really good.  Also, if you catch it, you can double or triple the Vit C and it's been shown to help people recover quickly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Thank you KristiD. I took your advice and upped my Vit C.  I was already getting the D3 and zinc in my daily regimens. I actually told my friend to do this but he said there is barely enough food to eat.  He said people are very afraid to go out.  I told him the numbers Iran has reported on the infected and death rates and he said in his opinion they are a lot more.  I’ve known this fellow for over 25 years.  Half his family is in Iran and half are in the US.  These are highly educated and wonderful people trapped in a corrupt Government.  Btw, most of the family in the US are citizens and have been for many years.  Most of them are Doctors or Engineers.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, KristiD said:

Thanks for sharing this Pitcher.  I so hope things can turn around for Iran too.  Those poor people!  You can tell your friends to take high dose Vitamin C, 5 to 10 grams (5,000 to 10,000 mg) per day.  It really strengthens the immune system to protect against coronavirus and is cheap. Vit D3 (5,000 iu) and zinc (can't remember how much right now but I know ionized Zinc is best if they can get it) are also really good.  Also, if you catch it, you can double or triple the Vit C and it's been shown to help people recover quickly.

Vitamin C is water soluble, can't take too much. The body will pee out what is not used! Yup, double or triple the dose, no problema!! WH

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, wealthhound said:

Vitamin C is water soluble, can't take too much. The body will pee out what is not used! Yup, double or triple the dose, no problema!

My parents are both 94.  They both drink wine every day, exactly 6 oz and they have been taking 1 gram of Vit C as long as I can remember.   Maybe there is something to Vit C.  They made me take it when I lived with them. I did not miss 1 day of school from 2nd grade until the 12th grade when I learned to fake being sick to miss a test I hadn’t studied for very well. Pysics, yuck.  😂 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pitcher said:

My parents are both 94.  They both drink wine every day, exactly 6 oz and they have been taking 1 gram of Vit C as long as I can remember.   Maybe there is something to Vit C.  They made me take it when I lived with them. I did not miss 1 day of school from 2nd grade until the 12th grade when I learned to fake being sick to miss a test I hadn’t studied for very well. Pysics, yuck.  😂 

There's probably something good there, I especially like the wine part! LOL!!

Edited by wealthhound
Spelling
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, wealthhound said:

There's probably something good there, I especially like the wine part! LOL!!

My parents were the most disciplined people I know.  6 oz.  Why bother.  I made sure I drank so much more than them. I can lol about it now but wow did I have a bad drinking problem years ago.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Pitcher said:

until the 12th grade when I learned to fake being sick to miss a test I hadn’t studied for very well.

... i musta hung around the wrong crowd Pitch , i mastered that skill set by 7th grade LOL ....

awesome both parents have had such a lengthy life :twothumbs:.

we wait and stay well

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1