Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IRAN'S KHAMENEI'S TOP ADVISER DIES OF CORONAVIRUS

KristiD

11 hours ago, DinarThug said:

Corona Virus Crush the Iranian leadership ... Denial and stupidity is the reason

- 3 Hours Ago

14ipj-3-730x438-341x341.jpg

The "Washington Post" newspaper published a report for its reporters in Iran Cunningham and Dalton showed about the impact of the outbreak of the emerging Corona virus on the Iranian leadership, which was crushed under its control after data revealed that the virus spread more widely than the government.

He said that the virus that had spread across Iran was a "flagrant blow" to the prominent Iranian leadership and government, and had infected a number of parliamentarians and 15 former and current officials, which was recognized by the government itself. Among the injured were the vice president, the vice minister of health, and an advisor to the judiciary. The virus struck the heart of power in Iran, killing a senior adviser, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the supreme leader of the Islamic Revolution.

After Iran became the second largest outpost of the virus in the world, Health Ministry spokesman Kianosh Jahanpur said on Wednesday that the death toll across the country had reached 92, and more than 3,000 had been infected. However, data obtained from a group of hospitals in Tehran suggest that the epidemic has spread on a broader basis than what the government has recognized.

A number of hospitals in the capital, Tehran, reported 80 deaths from the Coruna virus, over a six-day period until Wednesday. Medical centers say that these numbers represent a small part of the number of injured in the capital.

The data, which provided demographic information and explanations of the cases, showed that there is a 17% increase in deaths between Tuesday and Wednesday.

The newspaper said that the information gathered from the hospitals and provided to her by the Iranian activist residing in Britain, Nariman Gharib, criticizing the government response to the spread of the epidemic and fears that the information will be hidden from public opinion.

Based on information from Tehran, Ashley Tweet, an infectious disease researcher at the Dalla Lana Center for Public Health at the University of Toronto estimated that the new wave of the disease has reached 28,000 cases, adding that the numbers may increase. She said that the nurses with whom the newspaper contacted by phone in Tehran and Mashhad, in the northeast of the country, are constantly increasing cases, without the inclusion of prominent officials who have contracted the disease, including the infection that was diagnosed based on a tomography.

The nurses and the five nurses with whom the newspaper contacted and confirmed their anonymity said that nurses in hospitals were prevented from wearing real masks so as not to cause panic among patients and that there was a lack of gloves, masks and other medical materials necessary to prevent the virus. The nurses described the shortage of nurses and medical staff who are being transported between hospitals to cope with the crisis.

Aside from the effort by the Iranian authorities to reduce the risk of disease spread and refuse to quarantine, in the early days of the emergence of cases, it minimized it and encouraged citizens to participate in parliamentary elections and not to stop visiting religious scenes.

According to Iranian officials, the first case appeared in Qom after a businessman made a trip to China. The case was announced on February 19, days before the elections. But the government asked citizens to participate in it, increase the number of voters, and enhance the credibility of the Iranian leadership. After the raid that killed General Qassem Soleimani in January, the government was criticized for its cover-up over the Revolutionary Guards shooting down a Ukrainian passenger plane, the same security forces that had beaten and suppressed demonstrators protesting a lack of basic materials and high fuel prices.

Kamyar Alaei, a public health expert at Oxford University, said that Iranian officials did not want to "discourage residents from participating" and "reduce the seriousness of the disease, mislead people and give incorrect information to the health system." The result, he says, is that medical professionals "were not ready and a number of doctors, nurses, and nurses were injured because of their exposure to the virus." He added: "There was a clear mismanagement and the presentation of political interests on health concerns, which led to the spread of the epidemic."

The Iranian health system is suffering from a bad situation due to the US economic sanctions that have limited the Iranian government's ability to purchase humanitarian supplies. International banks afraid of US sanctions usually refuse to make contracts with Iranian financial institutions even if the purchases relate to medicines and medical supplies.

The World Health Organization this week sent a team of experts and shipments of medicines and medical equipment to screen 100,000 Iranian citizens. The authorities moved to contain the disease by closing theaters and cinemas, preventing visits to religious scenes and calling on residents to avoid public gatherings and stay in homes. However, the harsh health measures came too late to prevent the virus from spreading to almost every province in the country.

Experts say that the close ties between Qom, the spiritual center and political leadership in Tehran contributed to the spread of the epidemic among officials and clerics travel regularly between Qom and the capital, and some officials were injured in government meetings and even in parliament.

Disease experts pointed to peace by shaking hands and kissing contributing to the spread of the disease. Iranian leaders may have thought they would not be infected and have failed to warn citizens, Allai says. "I think the state of denial and stupidity, along with kissing three times among men, has affected a large number of political officials in Iran," commented David Wiesman of the Department of Epidemiology at the University of Toronto.

According to hospital figures, five former and subsequent officials, including two vice presidents, two counselors and a former ambassador, have been admitted to the Masih Danashvari Hospital, which is part of the Lung and Tuberculosis Research Institute. Among them were Muhammad Mir Mohammadi, the prominent advisor to the Supreme Leader and Hadi Khrushshahi, the former ambassador to the Vatican and registered as having died.

On Tuesday, the Iranian press reported the death of an adviser to Ibrahim Raisi, a former presidential candidate and head of the judiciary. She said Ahmed Tweserkani was being treated at a Revolutionary Guard hospital.

Arab Jerusalem

link

Take them down like dominoes!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thank you all for the posts. I feel this will encourage Iraq leaders to stay even further away from Iran. In addition, I read the men are doing the kissing, but I am thinking perhaps the women have been protected because of their required clothing. Of course once the men arrive home they will manage to infect the entire house hold.  But very interesting that the leaders are so vulnerable. Perhaps Iran will get a new government after all. Time will tell.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't put it pass the Cal. governor to pay some one to go and infect some of the homeless. Most would die from the health issues they already have there are a lot of sick sick people in this world. I wouldn't put it pass those crazy dems. Guess they could blame Trump for not DOING ENOUGH then impeach him for that. What a sad place America is coming to. Bet he thinks about the millions he would save if they died cost a lot less to bury a person then. Guess he wouldn't have to worry about where to take them off the street then. Wonder what vile names they will call Trump. What a glorious day it would be for the citizens of Iran or any oppressed country if their leaders died, I pray all people could live in a country like ours,Trump 2020. What happens when his second term is up then???:confused2: GOD have mercy on us then!! 

:wave:  for now

Moxie64

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Moxie64 said:

I wouldn't put it pass the Cal. governor to pay some one to go and infect some of the homeless. Most would die from the health issues they already have there are a lot of sick sick people in this world. I wouldn't put it pass those crazy dems. Guess they could blame Trump for not DOING ENOUGH then impeach him for that. What a sad place America is coming to. Bet he thinks about the millions he would save if they died cost a lot less to bury a person then. Guess he wouldn't have to worry about where to take them off the street then. Wonder what vile names they will call Trump. What a glorious day it would be for the citizens of Iran or any oppressed country if their leaders died, I pray all people could live in a country like ours,Trump 2020. What happens when his second term is up then???:confused2: GOD have mercy on us then!! 

Moxie64

Moxie64,

What happens when his second term is up then???:confused2: GOD have mercy on us then!! 

I may just need to move out of the USA....we'll see...maybe DVisland!!! Lol! WH

• Like 3

4 hours ago, wealthhound said:

I may just need to move out of the USA....we'll see...maybe DVisland!!! Lol! WH

I agree wealthhound wish we could do a MASS roundup and deport them all but   maybe DV ought to buy Greenland. We would have one of a hell of  resort with "FREE" speech.  :twothumbs:    We'l would  have to make sure we had our own brewery TOO.  :drunk: Did you see where we have 5.4 % death rate from the virus?? MSM are not saying 10(?) died in 1 nursing home (?) in Washington?  We have .01-1% from top dr on Trump's virus team. It is said 29,000,000 infections, 280,000   hospitalized  and 18,000 (?)  100 have been children from the flue. Trump said why aren't the dems upset about those affected from the flue??

Trump is right on we need to make America INDEPENDENT  from China and every other country we depend on for our every day living. I can't believe we get 80(?) of "OUR MEDICINE " FROM CHINA?  ( i am not yelling with ca letters, just voicing my opinion loudly what can I say :confused2:).  I hope this SHOCKS all of America even the dems and lefties and snowflakes, MSM doesn't talk about that. It was mention about our military taking same medicine from China! One simple way to kill off America's DEFENSE !. Do we get our vaccines??? Whoops no Americans left and no nukes used, one way to save the  climate.  Our politicians  and top leaders have NO COMMON SENSE and they really  must hate America. Sorry this is long, enough said, my opinion only. I had more then 2 cents left today. :lmao:  :lmao:

Moxie64

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Moxie64 said:

I agree wealthhound wish we could do a MASS roundup and deport them all but   maybe DV ought to buy Greenland. We would have one of a hell of  resort with "FREE" speech.  :twothumbs:    We'l would  have to make sure we had our own brewery TOO.  :drunk: Did you see where we have 5.4 % death rate from the virus?? MSM are not saying 10(?) died in 1 nursing home (?) in Washington?  We have .01-1% from top dr on Trump's virus team. It is said 29,000,000 infections, 280,000   hospitalized  and 18,000 (?)  100 have been children from the flue. Trump said why aren't the dems upset about those affected from the flue??

Trump is right on we need to make America INDEPENDENT  from China and every other country we depend on for our every day living. I can't believe we get 80(?) of "OUR MEDICINE " FROM CHINA?  ( i am not yelling with ca letters, just voicing my opinion loudly what can I say :confused2:).  I hope this SHOCKS all of America even the dems and lefties and snowflakes, MSM doesn't talk about that. It was mention about our military taking same medicine from China! One simple way to kill off America's DEFENSE !. Do we get our vaccines??? Whoops no Americans left and no nukes used, one way to save the  climate.  Our politicians  and top leaders have NO COMMON SENSE and they really  must hate America. Sorry this is long, enough said, my opinion only. I had more then 2 cents left today. :lmao:  :lmao:

Moxie64

China owns everything mate! It’s about time the Chinese gets a dose of up yours and trumps the man! Hopefully Iran takes all the top brass out!

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Moxie64 said:

I pray all people could live in a country like ours,Trump 2020. What happens when his second term is up then???

There's speculation maybe Ivanka or Don Jr.  I see good leadership skills developing quickly in both of them.

10 hours ago, Moxie64 said:

Did you see where we have 5.4 % death rate from the virus??

While it's really too early to tell, it looks the the virus may target people according to their ACE2 cells.  I really don't know what those are, but apparently it is pretty constant within different races.  As such, it seems that this makes some races much more susceptible to the coronavirus than others.  This was from February 10, so keep in mind it's almost a month old:   link

East Asians, Japanese, and Han Chinese are the most likely people to become severely sick by the coronavirus with a chance of more than 90% when exposed. Europeans only rank in the 50%, Africans in the 60% range, and considered low to medium. It also makes a difference if one is a smoker or non-smoker.

I think the Iranians, and possible other Middle Easterners also probably have a high susceptibility to it.  As more data is collected, we will see if this theory holds true and what the actual numbers are.  To me right now, I think it probably is true, and if so, it explains why China has a 5% mortality rate  but the US is less than 1%.  The simple reason is the coronavirus hits some races much harder than others, and also that we don't have many numbers from the US because it started here much later.  The one thing that troubles me a little about this theory, though, is Italy.  They seem to have a relatively high number of deaths early on there. Much more so than other European countries.  Still, it's something to keep in mind. 

• Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, KristiD said:

There's speculation maybe Ivanka or Don Jr.  I see good leadership skills developing quickly in both of them.

While it's really too early to tell, it looks the the virus may target people according to their ACE2 cells.  I really don't know what those are, but apparently it is pretty constant within different races.  As such, it seems that this makes some races much more susceptible to the coronavirus than others.  This was from February 10, so keep in mind it's almost a month old:   link

East Asians, Japanese, and Han Chinese are the most likely people to become severely sick by the coronavirus with a chance of more than 90% when exposed. Europeans only rank in the 50%, Africans in the 60% range, and considered low to medium. It also makes a difference if one is a smoker or non-smoker.

I think the Iranians, and possible other Middle Easterners also probably have a high susceptibility to it.  As more data is collected, we will see if this theory holds true and what the actual numbers are.  To me right now, I think it probably is true, and if so, it explains why China has a 5% mortality rate  but the US is less than 1%.  The simple reason is the coronavirus hits some races much harder than others, and also that we don't have many numbers from the US because it started here much later.  The one thing that troubles me a little about this theory, though, is Italy.  They seem to have a relatively high number of deaths early on there. Much more so than other European countries.  Still, it's something to keep in mind. 

ACE 2

OK Kristi...here it is.😮

What does it mean?😉😘.....ha

CL

Angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) is an exopeptidase that catalyses the conversion of angiotensin I to the nonapeptide angiotensin[1-9][5] or the conversion of angiotensin II to angiotensin 1-7.[6][7] ACE2 has direct effects on cardiac functiona and is expressed predominantly in vascular endothelial cells of the heart and the kidneys.[8] ACE2 is not sensitive to the ACE inhibitor drugs used to treat hypertension.[9]

ACE2
Protein ACE2 PDB 1r42.png
Available structures
PDB Ortholog search: PDBe RCSB
List of PDB id codes

3SCL, 1R42, 1R4L, 2AJF, 3D0G, 3D0H, 3D0I, 3KBH, 3SCI, 3SCJ, 3SCK

Identifiers
Aliases ACE2, ACEH, angiotensin I converting enzyme 2
External IDs OMIM: 300335 MGI: 1917258 HomoloGene: 41448 GeneCards: ACE2
Gene location (Human)
X chromosome (human)
Chr. X chromosome (human)[1]
X chromosome (human)
Genomic location for ACE2
Band Xp22.2 Start 15,561,033 bp[1]
End 15,602,148 bp[1]
Gene location (Mouse)
X chromosome (mouse)
Chr. X chromosome (mouse)[2]
X chromosome (mouse)
Band X F5|X 76.12 cM Start 164,139,332 bp[2]
End 164,188,420 bp[2]
RNA expression pattern
PBB GE ACE2 219962 at fs.png

PBB GE ACE2 222257 s at fs.png
More reference expression data
Gene ontology
Molecular function  peptidyl-dipeptidase activity
 virus receptor activity
 zinc ion binding
 endopeptidase activity
 metal ion binding
 peptidase activity
 GO:0001948 protein binding
 carboxypeptidase activity
 hydrolase activity
 metallopeptidase activity
 metallocarboxypeptidase activity
 exopeptidase activity
Cellular component  cytoplasm
 integral component of membrane
 membrane
 cell membrane
 extracellular region
 cell surface
 membrane raft
 extracellular exosome
 extracellular
 brush border membrane
Biological process  regulation of cardiac conduction
 angiotensin-mediated drinking behavior
 angiotensin catabolic process in blood
 proteolysis
 regulation of cytokine production
 positive regulation of reactive oxygen species metabolic process
 regulation of vasoconstriction
 receptor biosynthetic process
 regulation of cell proliferation
 positive regulation of cardiac muscle contraction
 regulation of inflammatory response
 positive regulation of gap junction assembly
 Viral entry
 viral process
 regulation of systemic arterial blood pressure by renin-angiotensin
 tryptophan transport
 regulation of blood vessel diameter
 angiotensin maturation
 receptor-mediated virion attachment to host cell
 positive regulation of amino acid transport
Sources:Amigo / QuickGO
Orthologs
Species Human Mouse
Entrez

Ensembl

ENSG00000130234

ENSMUSG00000015405

UniProt

Q9BYF1

Q8R0I0

RefSeq (mRNA)

NM_021804
NM_001371415

NM_001130513
NM_027286

RefSeq (protein)

NP_068576
NP_001358344

NP_001123985
NP_081562

Location (UCSC) Chr X: 15.56 – 15.6 Mb Chr X: 164.14 – 164.19 Mb
PubMed search [3] [4]
Wikidata
View/Edit Human View/Edit Mouse

ACE2 receptors have been shown to be the entry point into human cells for some coronaviruses, including the SARS virus.[10] A number of studies have identified that the entry point is the same for SARS-CoV-2,[11] the virus that causes COVID-19.[12][13][14][15]

RELATED ARTICLES

Wikipedia

Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0 unless otherwise noted.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, screwball said:

China owns everything mate! It’s about time the Chinese gets a dose of up yours and trumps the man! Hopefully Iran takes all the top brass out!

I shouldn't wish death on anybody BUT I agree with you if the brass is gone how many Iranians might live? How many may have died for lack of food or heath care.

7 hours ago, screwball said:

Trump will take California and the clean out will begin! 

I hope Trump with -holds fed funds til CBP and ICE clean out the illegals for Americans safety. Bet Trump would have done this within 1 mo. in office. Depressed people need mental heath before  illegals get heath most agree. States get cleaned out, homeless off the streets and reform our justice system. 

First to be helped is our law enforcement without them no one is safe. Thank you all for your service. With GOD by our side and Trumps love for country we will get sooner them later. gooo rv PLEASE?? Scares of war need to be gone and pride returns to Iraq. Best weekend to all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

21 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

OK Kristi...here it is.😮

What does it mean?😉😘.....ha

CL

Say what?!  I didn't understand those charts at all.  But I think the up shot is still what I said originally: 

21 hours ago, KristiD said:

it looks the the virus may target people according to their ACE2 cells.  I really don't know what those are, but apparently it is pretty constant within different races.  As such, it seems that this makes some races much more susceptible to the coronavirus than others.

Still, I think because this coronavirus is very new, along with the fact that some countries lie (China, Iran and North Korea), and also along with the fact that the tests are highly inaccurate and limited in supply in many places, it means we don't have enough data to confirm this yet.  And even if it is true (and I think it probably is), we still need more data to better define the susceptibility percentages of the various races/peoples.  But if you're not Chinese, Iranian (or possibly some or all of the other MIddle Easterners) or Italian, it's looking good for you so far!!

• Thanks 4

On 3/2/2020 at 6:07 AM, gregp said:

It should be a sign in itself, God doesn’t like idols.  

And yet there is an idol of Jesus on a Cross over most Catholic Churches altars (shrines). Oops. There is a statue/idol of the Holy Mother, Mary with Baby Jesus in most Catholic churches. Oops. 

On 3/2/2020 at 6:47 PM, gregp said:

Unfortunately, the only way to speak to Iranian leaders is through a Hydrogen Bomb 

Or a Chinese made bio bomb/device delivered to Iranian dignitaries, and later detonated after the Chinese trade delegation to Iran ... left Iran. 

Or a bio bomb/device that was planted in the Iranian Trade Delegation plane ventilation system , that was serviced by Chinese  "Ground Crew" , as it was parked on the tarmac I am guessing at Wuhan Intl Airport .

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, new york kevin said:

Or a Chinese made bio bomb/device delivered to Iranian dignitaries, and later detonated after the Chinese trade delegation to Iran ... left Iran. 

Or a bio bomb/device that was planted in the Iranian Trade Delegation plane ventilation system , that was serviced by Chinese  "Ground Crew" , as it was parked on the tarmac I am guessing at Wuhan Intl Airport .

Thank you 

• Thanks 2

Karma's a *****!  

Islamic Scholar Who Said Coronavirus Was “Allah’s Punishment” Gets Coronavirus

An Islamic scholar who said the coronavirus was “Allah’s punishment” for China’s treatment of Muslims now has coronavirus.

How ironic.

Back in February, Hadi Al-Modarresi, who is based in Iran, said that the coronavirus outbreak was “undoubtedly an act of Allah that is divine punishment against the Chinese for their treatment, mockery, and disrespect towards Muslims and Islam,” reported MEMRI-TV.

“It is obvious that the spread of this virus is an act of Allah. How do we know this? The spread of the coronavirus began in China, an ancient and vast country, the population of which makes up one seventh of humanity,” said Al-Modarresi.

Iraqi Islamic Scholar Hadi Al-Modarresi, Prior to Being Infected with Coronavirus: The Virus Is a Divine Punishment against the Chinese

Embedded video

“More than a billion people live in that country. The authorities in that country are tyrannical and they laid siege to more than a million Muslims and placed them under house arrest. The journalists in that country began to mock the niqab of Muslim women and they forced Muslim men to eat pork and drink wine. Allah sent a disease upon them and this disease laid siege to 40 million [Chinese people]. The same niqab that they mocked has been forced upon them, both men and women, by Allah, by means of the state authorities and officials,” he added.

It is now being reported that Al-Modarresi has contracted coronavirus, meaning that Allah must obviously be punishing him for wrongdoing.

The scholar tweeted to his almost 1 million followers with a prayer to Muhammad and the revelation that “The health of His Eminence is in a marked improvement.”

"اللّهم صلّ على محمد وآل محمد، واكشف عنّي بهم كل كرب، ونفّس عنّي بهم كل همّ، وفرّج عنّي بهم كل غمّ واكفني بهم كلّ خوف، واصرف عني بهم مقادير البلاء، وسوء القضاء، ودرك الشقاء، وشماتة الأعداء"

تنويه: صحة سماحة السيد في تحسّن ملحوظ ولله الحمد والمنّة. دعواتكم له ولسائر المؤمنين

He also tweeted an image of himself wearing a surgical mask.

يا عمتاه وهذا الشوق في كبدي
ما حيلتي ليت شباك الهوى بيدي

في كل يوم لنا شوقٌ نكابده
ما دام في القلب نبضٌ فالوصال ندي

فأنتم الماء للأحياء قاطبةً
يا سادتي أولياء الله يا مددي

View image on Twitter

Twitter users reacted with little in the way of sympathy.

“Allah 0 – coronavirus 1,” remarked one.

“He shows a great capacity for convoluted reasoning. Of course it is all based on 7th century logic,” added another.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Satellite images show mass graves dug in Iran ‘for coronavirus victims’ 

image.png.96a218a80e583ba15da729b3ce40a6aa.png

New satellite images of mass graves dug in the city of Qom have sparked concern about Iran’s growing number of coronavirus cases. In February, the Iranian government was accused of lying about the scale of the nation’s outbreak by a legislator in Qom, who said there had already been 50 deaths in the city. At the time, Iranian health ministry had claimed that only 12 people had died from Covid-19. Deputy health minister Iraj Harirchi ‘categorically denied’ the allegations, but later tested positive for the virus himself. Today, a spokesperson for the health ministry said the country’s death toll is at 429, with 10,075 positive cases of the virus. It is the worst affected nation in the Middle East. The satellite pictures, first reported by the New York Times, show two large burial trenches, each around 90 metres long, recently dug in Behesht-e Masoumeh cemetery, about 80 miles south of Tehran. This closer-up view shows two 90 metre trenches appearing at the site (Picture: Maxar) A pile of what appears to be lime can be seen in the photos (Picture: Maxar) Other pictures, published by Maxar Technologies, show much of the graveyard lying unused in October last year. But by the start of March, one previously half-filled quadrant appears to have now been completely filled up, while work is beginning on another unused section. Coronavirus Poland: Is it safe to travel to Warsaw, Krakow and other Polish cities? An analyst pointed out that piles of lime could also be seen in the images, the Washing Post reports. Authorities in Iran have previously confirmed the use of lime when burying coronavirus victims. Lime can be used to manage the decay and odour caused by mass graves. The expert also said the plots had been dug differently from other graves on the site, suggesting they could have been created hastily to keep up with the country’s growing death toll. In October last year, much of the graveyard was lying unused (Picture: Maxar) Images from March suggest it has been expanded in recent weeks (Picture: Maxar) Iranian authorities have been accused of lying about the coronavirus death toll (Picture: EPA ) Among the deaths in Iran from Covid-19 are members of parliament, a former diplomat and a senior adviser to Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei. Earlier this week the World Health Organisation officially declared the spread of Covid-19 a pandemic, with director general Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus stating that Italy and Iran are on the frontlines of the outbreak. Italy death toll jumps by 250 in one day to 1,266 However, the UK has been warned that we are just ‘four weeks’ behind Italy, with potentially already 10,000 infected with the virus. The government’s chief health advisor, Sir Patrick Vallance, said: ‘‘There are currently 590 cases that have been identified in the UK and there are more than 20 patients in intensive care units. If you calculate what that really means in terms of the total number, it is much more likely that we have between 5,000 and 10,000 people infected at the moment. ‘That is still a relatively small number.’ Sir Patrick made the comments during a press conference earlier today, in which Boris Johnson named Covid-19 the ‘worst public health crisis for a generation’. The Prime Minister also warned the British public that ‘many more families are going to lose loved ones before their time’.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/12/satellite-images-show-mass-graves-dug-12391216/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

• Thanks 2

Iran asking for help tells you it's really, really, bad now.  And of course we already know the death toll is waaaaaay higher than 500.

Iran Asks IMF For $5BN Emergency Loan As Death Toll Soars Near 500  link

Citing vast shortages of medical supplies and pharmaceuticals due to US-led sanctions, Iran is urging IMF relief as it battles coronavirus to the tune of $5 billion. 

Days ago Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif accused President Trump on Twitter of "maliciously tightening US' illegal sanctions with aim of draining Iran's resources needed in the fight against Covid-19 — while our citizens are dying from it." Now he's urging immediate emergency aid:

Iran has asked the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for emergency funding to help it fight the coronavirus outbreak, which has hit the Islamic Republic hard, Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said in a tweet on Thursday.

Iranian cabinet members wearing face masks attend their meeting in Tehran, Iran. Source: Iranian Presidency via AP

As Reuters reports Thursday, Iran’s Central Bank chief Abdolnaser Hemmati revealed in a social media post that “in a letter addressed to the head of IMF, I have requested five billion U.S. dollar from the RFI emergency fund to help our fight against the coronavirus”.

And Zarif in a follow-up message noted that IMF managing director, Kristalina Georgieva, “has stated that countries affected by #COVID19 will be supported via Rapid Financial Instrument. Our Central Bank requested access to this facility immediately.”

Javad Zarif✔@JZarif

URGENT

Iranian care personnel are courageously battling #COVID19 on frontlines

Their efforts are stymied by vast shortages caused by restrictions on our people's access to medicine/equipment

Most urgent needs are outlined below

Viruses don't discriminate. Nor should humankind

8:54 AM - Mar 12, 2020

Twitter Ads info and privacy

4,945 people are talking about this

Iran remains among the top outbreak epicenters outside China, as cases spike in the Middle East.

Per new reports confirmed cases in the region have pushed well past 10,000, with most in the Islamic Republic:

A slew of new coronavirus infections pushed the number of cases in the Middle East well past 10,000 on Thursday – and many of those infected are linked to Iran.

The Islamic Republic government, which said more than 360 people have died and about 9,000 are infected by the virus, has increasingly come under fire, accused of underrepresenting the impact of the virus on its people.

NEVER MISS THE NEWS THAT MATTERS MOST

ZEROHEDGE DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX

Receive a daily recap featuring a curated list of must-read stories.

Per the AP, the death toll has reached 429 as of later in the day Thursday and is expected to climb further.

But at this point the true numbers of infected in Iran are widely believed to be well into the multiple tens of thousands, as the country's ill-prepared and severely short-on-supplies health system is overwhelmed. 

Zarif concluded his latest appeal for emergency IMF aid by saying, "Viruses don't discriminate. Nor should humankind."

• Thanks 1