Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Spread of. the Corona Virus

Pitcher

I’m in California and I’m a waitress....

At least one of my restaurants is now closed and the other one is next. 

I’m not sure how this is going to pan out for me but I have to file for unemployment benefits as of today.

Praying for everyone.

• Thanks 3

BREAKING EXCLUSIVE: The Coronavirus Fatality Rate Reported by the Media Is COMPLETELY INACCURATE. The Actual Rate Is LESS THAN THE FLU – MEDIA LYING AGAIN!

The current estimate for the fatality rates on the coronavirus just don’t add up.  The estimates based on current data are completely inaccurate. Current data shows that this virus is much less deadly that even the common flu from the 2019-2020 season.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/breaking-exclusive-the-coronavirus-fatality-rate-reported-by-the-media-is-completely-inaccurate-the-actual-rate-is-less-than-the-flu-media-lying-again/

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ScaryMary said:

I’m in California and I’m a waitress....

At least one of my restaurants is now closed and the other one is next. 

I’m not sure how this is going to pan out for me but I have to file for unemployment benefits as of today.

Praying for everyone.

Wishing you the best for everything

• Upvote 1

'Life put on hold': what the papers say about the UK coronavirus crisis

Sobering plea from prime minister dominates front pages as UK comes to terms with wholesale change to daily life

Graham Russell

Tue 17 Mar 2020 04.28 GMT Last modified on Tue 17 Mar 2020 04.37 GMT

2500.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=ef066bac02d82471163384f3b300e047
Front pages of the UK papers on Tuesday 17 March as Boris Johnson shuts down the nation to avoid the spread of coronavirus
Composite: Various

Well...News Channel here said that Johnson finally started introducing measures  in order to try and curb the CV spread...But he left pubs ( A British tradition) and cinema-theaters open......So one wonders what's the point then......

'Come back Monday, OK?' Hundreds of prisoners escape in Brazil amid Covid-19 anger

Holiday for minimum security prisoners is cancelled because of outbreak, so many simply run off

Edited by umbertino
  • Downvote 1

'This is like a war': view from Italy's coronavirus frontline

Friends and relatives of those killed by Covid-19 tell of the virus’s devastating impact

Angela Giuffrida in Rome

Tue 17 Mar 2020 05.00 GMT

3072.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=8059ac9165e82cec2d4fbdb6cd9e9a4c
A patient on a stretcher is transported by medical workers wearing protective suits at the Gemelli hospital in Rome
Photograph: Giuseppe Lami/EPA

Coronavirus: France imposes lockdown as EU calls for 30-day travel ban

Ursula von der Leyen calls for end to non-essential travel as governments impose measures rarely seen outside wartime

Jon Henley and Kim Willsher in Paris and Ashifa Kassam in Madrid

Mon 16 Mar 2020 19.52 GMT

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/16/coronavirus-spain-takes-over-private-healthcare-amid-more-european-lockdowns

Edited by umbertino
  • Downvote 1

‘It became part of life’: how Haiti curbed cholera

When cholera broke out just months after a devastating earthquake, Haiti’s health system was pushed to the brink. The extraordinary rearguard action that followed offers an object lesson in dealing with a public health crisis

Jacob Kushner in Mirebalais

Mon 16 Mar 2020 06.00 GMT

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/mar/16/it-became-part-of-life-how-haiti-curbed-cholera

• Downvote 1

Italy will be Europe's canary in the coalmine for the post-Covid economy

All eyes will be on the southern European state to see if the ECB’s measures will prevent a health emergency becoming an economic one

Tue 17 Mar 2020 07.30 GMT Last modified on Tue 17 Mar 2020 12.56 GMT

3500.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=1bbd1e11c0d6178cefffe4f1e59dcb5d
The Rialto Bridge in Venice is sanitised as a measure against the coronavirus
Photograph: Manuel Silvestri/Reuters

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/17/italy-europe-covid-economy-ecb-coronavirus

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, ScaryMary said:

I’m on a Shelter In Place in Contra Costa County in California. 

And I realized I’m an elderly person that needs to be so careful to protect myself.

Just take care of yourself ( and your beloved) and everything will be fine....

Best

• Like 1

Getting more and more ugly here......

Just minutes ago a car was passing in my street and a megaphone was saying  that " all are ordered to stay in their homes and may only go out for groceries, pharmacy or going to work...Trespassers will be punished  with fines and charges"

Sounded like a ( bad) horror movie

All people  when going out must carry along the so-called auto-certificate to be downloaded online and printed...

Well  just this morning this doc.changed as for wording and since I  don't have a printer  I need to go out and go to a friend who will print it for me...I could get stopped along the way....You must declare under your responsibility  that you are NOT positive to CV and you are not being quarantined...You risk a fine and a a charge in case of false declaration....

Yesterday 5 young folks got admitted in the hospital in my hometown even though the deceased are usually all around 75 - 90 old.....

About 150 positive cases so far  in my area....

• Thanks 3

I find this interesting...timing and all...October 18, 2019. Read carefully...food for thought.

http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/

Event 201

The Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security in partnership with the World Economic Forum and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation hosted Event 201, a high-level pandemic exercise on October 18, 2019, in New York, NY. The exercise illustrated areas where public/private partnerships will be necessary during the response to a severe pandemic in order to diminish large-scale economic and societal consequences.

Statement about nCoV and our pandemic exercise

In recent years, the world has seen a growing number of epidemic events, amounting to approximately 200 events annually. These events are increasing, and they are disruptive to health, economies, and society. Managing these events already strains global capacity, even absent a pandemic threat. Experts agree that it is only a matter of time before one of these epidemics becomes global—a pandemic with potentially catastrophic consequences. A severe pandemic, which becomes “Event 201,” would require reliable cooperation among several industries, national governments, and key international institutions.

• Thanks 3

'A generation has died': Italian province struggles to bury its coronavirus dead

Coffins pile up and corpses are sealed off in homes as Bergamo’s funeral firms are overwhelmed

Angela Giuffrida in Orvieto and Lorenzo Tondo in Palermo

Thu 19 Mar 2020 05.00 GMT

3266.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=e38916f8ecffc041ceee14e497feec73
Funeral workers transport the coffin of a coronavirus victim into a cemetery in Bergamo
Photograph: Flavio Lo Scalzo/Reuters

• Thanks 1

After a week at the end of February and most of March staying closed, Italy's schools and universities were supposed to open again on April 3....

Now it has been stated by the Secretary of Education that there will be necessarily a further lockdown period of another 2 or even 3 weeks or longer.....No date set for sure yet....

• Thanks 1