Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Urgent .. Parliament session postponed half an hour due to lack of quorum

2 hours ago, 6ly410 said:

Iraqi PM-designate Allawi resigns due to 'political pressure'

4 minutes ago
497232Image1.jpg?mode=crop&quality=70&ra
PM-designate Mohammed Tafwiq Allawi released an address in the early hours of March 2. Photo: Iraqi Presidency

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region - Iraqi Prime Minister-designate Mohammed Tafwiq Allawi has submitted his resignation following his inability to secure parliamentary approval to form a cabinet, according to Iraqi state TV.

"As a sign of respect to the confidence that I was given when I was appointed to form the government, I promised that I would resign if I face any political pressure, because I had promised that I would form an independent government, devoid of political party representatives," Allawi in a televised speech early on March 2.

Under the Iraqi constitution, he had until the 2nd to form a cabinet. 

The Iraqi parliament initially conducted an emergency session on Thursday to vote on Allawi’s cabinet, but did not reach quorum and the vote was postponed to Saturday, and then rescheduled to Sunday.

"If I had ever compromised on my promises, I would have now been the prime minister, but I did not do it," Allawi said.

"There are some political parties who are not being serious and all they think of is the  own interests," he said. "During the talks, some sides were speaking only of their own interests."

He did not specifically target or hint at any sides.

"I am calling on the Mr. President [Barham Salih] to accept my apology that I cannot carry out the responsibility I was given," he added.

He said he did his best to resolve the existing problems gripping Iraq, most notably corruption.

In parts of his speech, he called on the protests to continue.

"I hope the peaceful protests continue so the sacrifices you have made will not go wasted and here I am joining you. I will not compromise," he added.

The Kurdistan Regional Government’s (KRG) delegation in Baghdad had earlier reached a deal with opposition parties to try and prevent Allawi from forming his cabinet.

Just 120 MPs turned up to last week's session in Baghdad – shy of the 165 needed to meet quorum. Kurdish and Sunni parties seem to have deliberately avoided the session, alongside some Shiites, because they fear that Allawi intended  to exclude their choice of candidates from power.

Caretaker PM Adil Abdul-Mahdi resigned in the face of widespread protests in Iraq’s  southern and central provinces. The protests have raged since October  1, 2019, with Iraqis demanding the removal of the post-2003 political  elite, an overhaul  of the political system, and early elections.

Allawi- appointed as Abdul-Mahdi's successor- was given a free hand by Shiite parties to choose an  independent cabinet on the condition that Kurds and Sunnis grant him  the same freedom. His insistence to appoint candidates himself, however, caused tensions with Kurdish representatives. 

Last Tuesday, everybody was agreeable, everybody was on the same page, everything was great...now THIS????  I am about ready to sell.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Barham Salih issues a statement on Allawi's apology

Political | 12:27 - 02/03/2020

Baghdad - Mawazine News

Iraqi President Barham Saleh said that consultations will be held to select an alternative to Allawi within 15 days, according to legal and constitutional frameworks.
The Iraqi president commented on Mohammed Tawfiq Allawi's announcement of his apology for the formation of the Iraqi government on Sunday evening, according to the official news agency.
Saleh added, "The alternative personality that will be assigned must have the required acceptance, whether on the popular or parliamentary level."
He indicated that he "will begin consultations to select an alternative candidate for Allawi within 15 days."
The president said: "We call on the parliamentary forces to work hard to reach a national agreement on the alternative prime minister."
Saleh stressed that "the security, political and economic repercussions and health challenges facing Iraq and the world make it imperative to expedite the resolution of the interim government file."
Barham Salih explained that "
And Saleh added that "the alternative personality that will be assigned must have the required acceptance, whether on the popular or parliamentary level."
The Iraqi Prime Minister-designate, Mohammed Tawfiq Allawi, apologized for forming the Iraqi government, sending a message to the Iraqi people, by continuing to press through peaceful demonstrations so that their sacrifices are not lost.
Allawi added, today, Sunday: "Some parties were negotiating only in order to obtain narrow interests." He added: "Putting obstacles before the birth of an independent government working for the country was clear."

is over

M hn

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

I like your positive attitude. I gotta be honest, I’ve had a hard time keeping my hope up for the DInar to Revalue. The reality is nothing this powerful will come to us easy. People who someday say you’re lucky that your wealthy will have nooooo Idea how long many of us have waited, questioning our own sanity and judgement, hoping we were right. There is nothing lucky about being a Dinar Holder. It has created mental fortitude and patience that I never dreamed possible for myself.  I do share your sentiment that we’re close, mainly because of the state of the world affairs. We are standing at the edge of a financial abyss and I believe that the Dinar, along with precious metals and cryptos will be the PTB way to get themselves out of it. I believe Trump was hand picked for the job of essentially bankrupting the Fed and bringing back sound money policies to level the playing field and bring in a new financial system. 

We will see, but it tends to be darkest before the dawn! Nothing, nothing nothing, then Suddenly! 

Have a great week! 

Well put. Smart move diversifying your eggs. Somethings gotta crack!

Have a good evening!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Baghdad - Mawazine News 

"The love of Iraq has inspired you to withdraw from Iraq," he said.
"How long will the unsuspecting people who love al-Hasassah, and do not take into account the interests of the nation, manipulate the sources of the people, and how long will Iraq remain a corrupt group, and how long will it remain in the hands of a few who manipulate its destiny, who remain the love of the homeland and they are slaves of lust," Sadr said in a tweet on his Twitter account.

"I am innocent of the corrupt until the day of judgment, and I am innocent of those who disobeyed Allah, and they have become the prisoners of their desires and pleasures," he said.

All over

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TexasMike1958 said:

Last Tuesday, everybody was agreeable, everybody was on the same page, everything was great...now THIS????  I am about ready to sell.

Hey Fellow Texan,,  don’t let it get you down and definitely don’t sell.. This plan is much bigger than these sand idiots.. it will happen, and happen very soon.. ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Dinarrock said:

And there is the issue it doesn’t matter who the PM is because most all in Parliament are corrupt, they are all either paid off from Maliki or Iran or threatened to do what Iran wants..the good ones the few that are left I am sure their families are threatened with death if they don’t fall in line....what a bunch of corrupt POS losers the whole bunch of them are.. it will be a long long time until we see anything come from those worthless investment.. they all suck and I hope the protestors burn the whole place down...civil war is the only thing that will get rid of the corruption!

Agree with you Dinarrock,

Most all in parliament are corrupt. I hope the protestors keep the pressure on the streets and start hanging GOI members in a public square.

2 hours ago, markb57 said:

Like LB said. SANCTION every member of the govt, including all of parliament, every member down to floor cleaners. Sanction them all!!!

Give an ultimatum, as much as I hate them, call in the UN to step in and setup a whole new govt. This piss-ant country doesn't need 300+ members of parliament. 100 at best.

markb57, Sanctions and confiscation of Iraq money in US accounts. They deserve it.!

2 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

I agree LB,  we are just going to have to see who the next Guinea Pig is going to be. 

👍🏼

• Thanks 6
  • Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Laid Back said:

Most all in parliament are corrupt. I hope the protestors keep the pressure on the streets and start hanging GOI members in a public square.

markb57, Sanctions and confiscation of Iraq money in US accounts. They deserve it.!

👍🏼

It  beggars belief that the whole process has gone belly up, but I am wondering  that with Allawi’s  resignation and still with the Caretaker Govt. in place can and reforms take place? 

Edited by NoviceInvestor
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I have a question that may seem off topic but may also seem relevant . When does Trump put forth his actions or further actions against countries that manipulate currency ? I thought that to be within the first quarter of this year . Should that be the case . Would not Iraq be within the group of manipulators . They will need to show currency that is not manipulated like everyone else very soon I would think . With or without a seated government ???

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

The simple answer is yes, but the focus of currency manipulation is on China because of the scale of their exports. The simple fact is that we are invested spectators in a high stakes game of chess between Iran and US. Until Iran hears “zzzzzzzzz”, this game will continue. IMO, the people of Iraq (protestors) are key. Notice when the protests were at their peak, Iran was fairly quiet and Sadr was on his heels not sure which side to take. Once the protestors calmed down, Iran starts their shenanigans and paying members of parliament to not show up and Sadr’s blue hats continued  “disciplining” select citizens protesting. In the end, we prevail, but it will get very turbulent before it gets better. Just my opinion.

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, GregHi said:

Hey Fellow Texan,,  don’t let it get you down and definitely don’t sell.. This plan is much bigger than these sand idiots.. it will happen, and happen very soon.. ;)

There are a lot of Texans in this investment, me included.

There's no stopping the dinar from unpegging from the dollar, so I'm not too worried about it not happening. What I am worried about is how many miles my old car has left before I'm able to buy my Lambo.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, blueskyline said:

I have a question that may seem off topic but may also seem relevant . When does Trump put forth his actions or further actions against countries that manipulate currency ? I thought that to be within the first quarter of this year . Should that be the case . Would not Iraq be within the group of manipulators . They will need to show currency that is not manipulated like everyone else very soon I would think . With or without a seated government ???

March April early very soon 

5 hours ago, Laid Back said:

👍🏼

As I have said until people get it Kuwait has sacked their parliament their parliament multiple times corruption will never change 

1 hour ago, Kenny_Logins said:

There's no stopping the dinar from unpegging from the dollar, so I'm not too worried about it not happening. What I am worried about is how many miles my old car has left before I'm able to buy my Lambo.

It’s all in the timing and we have no control 

1 hour ago, Kenny_Logins said:

Unpegging will occur soon enough as trump said “ a lot sooner than people think” all countries will be in a level playing field!

Edited by screwball
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, blueskyline said:

I’m not sure if Iraq is on the list of country’s that are thought to be manipulating their currency, but from what I read, April 6th is the date that Sanctions on those Countries could start..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

Iraq’s President Calls for New Nomination after Allawi Withdrew Candidacy for Premiership

Basnews English 02/03/2020 - 11:53 Published in Iraq
Iraq’s President Calls for New Nomination after Allawi Withdrew Candidacy for Premiership

ERBIL — Iraqi President Barham Salih on Monday called on lawmakers and political blocs to “work seriously” and make a new nomination after Mohammed Allawi withdrew his candidacy for the country’s premiership.

Allawi said in a statement on Sunday that he would choose to stand with the people and refuse the prime minister post after political blocs failed to reach an agreement over his proposed cabinet.

Salih approved his resignation and thanked him for the efforts to help Iraq survive the current hardship.

“Based on Article 76 of the constitution, the President embarks upon consultations to choose another candidate within 15 days and within the scope of his national and constitutional responsibilities,” a statement by Salih’s press office reads.

“The President confirms that the difficult conditions currently witnessed by the country require all of us to have a responsible national attitude. Furthermore, the alternative figure who would be designated to form the interim government should be acceptable by both people and lawmakers,” the statement added.

• Thanks 1

Iraqi president approves Allawi resignation as new cabinet flops

3 hours ago
497286Image1.jpg?mode=crop&quality=70&ra
Iraqi President Barham Salih, January 2019. File photo: Ahmad Al-Rubaye / AFP 

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region – Iraq’s President Barham Salih on Monday approved the resignation of Prime Minister-designate Mohammed Tafwiq Allawi after parliamentary blocs refused to approve his new cabinet. 

Consultations will now begin to appoint another prime minister within 15 days, the presidency said in a statement.  

“Based on Article 76 of the constitution, the President embarks upon consultations to choose another candidate within 15 days and within the scope of his national and constitutional responsibilities,” the statement said.

In a televised speech at around midnight on Sunday, Allawi issued an “apology” and declared his inability to form a new government due to “political pressure”.

“As a sign of respect to the confidence that I was given when I was appointed to form the government, I promised that I would resign if I face any political pressure, because I had promised that I would form an independent government, devoid of political party representatives,” Allawi said. 

Under the Iraqi constitution, Allawi had until March 2 to form his cabinet.

“I am calling on the president to accept my apology that I cannot carry out the responsibility I was given,” he added.

Salih approved the resignation and called on lawmakers to work “seriously” to agree on an alternative.

“President Salih calls upon lawmakers to work seriously to achieve a true national agreement on choosing an alternative prime minister who would be acceptable to the people within the period stipulated in the constitution in order to form a government capable of carrying out its tasks in light of the serious challenges facing Iraq,” the presidency said.

“The alternative figure who would be designated to form the interim government should be acceptable to both the people and lawmakers,” said Salih. “The interim government should abide by its obligations toward citizens, and it is entrusted with holding early parliamentary elections.”

Allawi’s resignation came after parliament failed – for the second time in one week – to vote on his cabinet. 

Kurdish, Sunni, and some Shiite lawmakers deliberately boycotted parliamentary sessions so that the legislature failed to meet the necessary quorum to approve the cabinet. 

They accused Allawi of blocking their choice of candidates and excluding them from power. 

The Kurdish leadership repeatedly accused Allawi of sidelining the constitutional rights of the semiautonomous Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG). On Sunday, the Kurds struck a deal with Sunni parties to block the cabinet vote.

Caretaker Prime Minister Adil Abdul-Mahdi resigned in November in the face of mass protests in Iraq’s southern and central provinces. 

The protests have raged since October 1, 2019, with Iraqis demanding the removal of the post-2003 political elite, an overhaul of the political system, and early elections. Little real change has been achieved

Abdul-Mahdi’s successor Allawi was given a free hand by Shiite parties to choose an independent cabinet on the condition that Kurds and Sunnis grant him the same freedom. 

President Salih reiterated that the issue of electing a new prime minister and cabinet must be swiftly resolved to address Iraq’s political crisis.

“Security, political, and economic ramifications in addition to the health challenges facing Iraq, the region and the world oblige us to accelerate the resolving of the file of the interim government formation to protect the security and safety of citizens and to move toward achieving the reform project as an Iraqi national entitlement,” Salih said.

Although he has threatened to leave office on March 2 no matter what, Abdul-Mahdi appears to be staying on as caretaker prime minister for the time being. 

• Thanks 1