Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Corona Virus in America

Pitcher

2 hours ago, Starrider said:

Plz read the section about pets.

Thank you Starr

We need you and all the others who post funnies these days.  Laughter is always a great medicine for a troubled soul.  Thank you for your postings.  I always love em all 😂 😆 😝 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Thank you Umbertino.  How are you holding up in your part of Italy.  

Hello Pitcher...In my hometown and areas around the situation is still (so far) bearable in that it's not too bad yet...But just like the rest of the country everything is closed down ( including bars, restaurants , all shops) except food shops and markets and pharmacies  ( plus gas stations)....All schools ( kindergartens, schools, universities) closed

It's somehow surreal....Anyone needs a written justification in order to move from place to place..Not only for leaving the city but even if you walk you can get stopped and give a justification...

This applies until April 3...Then we'll see

Let's hope these stringent and freedom-limiting  rules will help us get out of the situation as as soon as possible....ICU's in the North of the country are reaching collapse 

Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Don’t believe everything you real Umbertino.  China is still very much Communist and trying to save face for the major screwup. 

I don't...I'm just reporting the news about the alleged Chinese accusations....

Most likely they're trying to cover themselves about the responsibility of how the whole mess started out

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, nannab said:

Amen!!  

These are all great hints which will remain valid always of course...Thanks, LGD.....

Let's consider though there are different cases....This evening on a news channel I heard the testimonial of a still hospitalized man...He said he's 48, always ate well , always practised various sports, no drugs, no cigarettes, no alcohol and still he got infected  and sent to ICU with a really bad pneumonia...

Now he's slowly getting out of it ...But he's been admitted for 20plus days already...He said he was missing his family tremendously ( wife & kids) and started crying....

I wish him ( and all) the best

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, umbertino said:

Most likely they're trying to cover themselves about the responsibility of how the whole mess started out

Bingo, especially when there is documented proof that a Chinese General stated China should use a bio weapon to hurt America’s economy.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, umbertino said:

It's somehow surreal....Anyone needs a written justification in order to move from place to place..Not only for leaving the city but even if you walk you can get stopped and give a justification...

That is terrible. I’m glad you are hanging in there. I’ll bet you are listening to a lot of music. Hope it all works out soon for Italy.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Pitcher said:

That is terrible. I’m glad you are hanging in there. I’ll bet you are listening to a lot of music. Hope it all works out soon for Italy.  

Lol...Yes I do ( listening to music)......

Thanks for the compassionate words....Much appreciated

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

“We Are Way, Way Behind”: U.S. Lags on Coronavirus Testing & Medical Experts Warn “No One Is Immune”

March 13, 2020

https://www.democracynow.org/2020/3/13/us_coronavirus_response

Meet the 17-Year-Old Behind a Website Tracking Coronavirus Cases That Is Now a Vital Global Resource

March 13, 2020

https://www.democracynow.org/2020/3/13/meet_the_17_year_old_behind

2 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

What the heck is it with the run on toilet paper. What's the connection. My wife just told me that Walmart is out and that's in Kansas. People here tend to be more down to earth. :huh:

Went to Publix Supermarket in Florida today.

They are out of toilet paper, Lysol Disinfecting Wipes and Lysol Spray.

Also, limiting facial tissues to 2 boxes each.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

What the heck is it with the run on toilet paper. What's the connection. My wife just told me that Walmart is out and that's in Kansas. People here tend to be more down to earth. :huh:

People are selling it online. 

• Thanks 1

Here in North Carolina our Governor,  Roy Cooper, announced at around 4:30 this afternoon, ALL North Carolina Schools will be closed for 2 weeks, at least, starting on Monday March 16, 2020.   But for now, the teachers will have to report for work. My husband has a niece who is a high school Math Teacher. I hope she is not exposed. She has 3 little boys. One is in 1st grade, and the twins are only 2 1/2 years old. 

Edited by Smokey Mtn. Dinar
  • Thanks 2

When you click on the map, you see that West Virginia is the ONLY state without the virus, yet! Might not get there either. Speaking as a NATIVE West Virginian, I am NOT surprised. That place (at least the part I'm from) is so far back last weeks news won't be there for a few more days! 🙃 😃 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

California governor directs all bars and nightclubs to close as coronavirus spreads

Gavin Newsom calls for bars, wineries, nightclubs and brewpubs in state to close and for all seniors to self-isolate

Vivian Ho in San Francisco and Lois Beckett in Oakland

Mon 16 Mar 2020 18.13 GMT

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/15/california-governor-directs-all-bars-nightclubs-wineries-close-coronavirus

• Downvote 1

Three states hold primaries as coronavirus upends 2020 election

Joe Biden poised for another successful night as Arizona, Florida, Illinois, but not Ohio, head to the polls

Lauren Gambino in Washington

Tue 17 Mar 2020 06.00 GMT

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/17/2020-four-states-primaries-coronavirus-election

Coronavirus brings a silver lining for Los Angeles drivers: empty freeways

The city’s famously traffic-choked streets have emptied out as people stay home and businesses close: ‘It’s kind of crazy’

Katharine Gammon in Los Angeles

Mon 16 Mar 2020 23.51 GMT

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/16/coronavirus-los-angeles-freeways-empty-driving

Dear President Trump: I need a coronavirus test right now. Where is it?

Over the past 11 days, I have tried four times to be tested. The US government has failed me and countless others

Graeme Simpson

Mon 16 Mar 2020 15.45 GMT Last modified on Mon 16 Mar 2020 19.09 GMT

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/16/trump-coronavirus-test-covad-19-new-york

The week that Covid-19 shut the US down – in pictures

Cities and states across the US, from New York to Washington state, saw empty streets, sporting games cancelled and Disneyland shuttered over the coronavirus pandemic

Mon 16 Mar 2020 15.42 GMT

https://www.theguardian.com/world/gallery/2020/mar/16/coronavirus-photos-us-new-york-seattle-washington

Edited by umbertino
  • Downvote 1